Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2011 7:42 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol at Index having a feast of Gelato and Pasta in Italy and Touma discovering the secret of two bathrooms.

Anyway, it seems like a nice change of scenary as the previous episodes had been getting little bit tedious.

Jan 14, 2011 8:06 AM

Nov 2007
OP not changed yet but ED changed. LOVE IT!

Italy trip becoming another battle against Roma religious group.

Edit:
Radio ver. of new OP:
tsubasaloverJan 14, 2011 7:06 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 14, 2011 8:11 AM

Sep 2010
Episod is awesome, boring Daihasei arc has really ended...

MOAR Itsuwa :3 She's so kawaii!

and lol, I knew that was Anieze's room ))))
2e16nig.png
Jan 14, 2011 8:14 AM

Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:
OP not changed yet but ED changed.

Italy arc.

The ED had a slight resemblance to "Dear My Friend" from Railgun and it looked just as good. :)

Jan 14, 2011 8:50 AM

Dec 2007
Nice new ED song~

Touma met Agnese at the end~ Nice~
Jan 14, 2011 9:04 AM

May 2009
tsubasalover said:
OP not changed yet but ED changed. LOVE IT!

Italy trip becoming another battle against Roma religious group.

Yep, it's all about Index and sphinx(xP), now they're talking! The story is all about Index anyway, why do people hate her? >_< and... I think the OP will change when this Trip to Italy arc ends. Maybe they're doing the same as Season 1, avoiding every spoiler possible for the epic last arc :3

and the Rising star has appeared at last, will her popularity around the net will rise by 100% or even more? xD
AezileJan 14, 2011 9:39 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 14, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm, I'm actually not a huge fan of the new ED song. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good in my opinion. I don't mind the animation for the ED though (though I kind of don't care for the Touma x Index relationship).

The ships coming out of the ground felt a little random, but it does make things interesting. Now what is the catholic church up to this time? :P

Jan 14, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Agnese is back oh dear is she going to help Touma or is she back for more abuse.

Jan 14, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
a pretty nice start for a new arc, laughed a lot xD new ed is also cool, so after england and spain its italias turn?^^
Jan 14, 2011 4:40 PM

Aug 2010
This episode makes if feel like business has just picked up.

The new ED is awesome.
Jan 14, 2011 4:43 PM

Apr 2008
judging by the last few minutes, this arc is gonna end with another loli being punched.... the joys of recycling storylines...
Jan 14, 2011 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
Touma is a misfortunate guy, lol xD
Jan 14, 2011 4:50 PM

Feb 2008
ED was pretty cool, feel like the singing is really low and kinda monotonish, but overall pretty good.
Jan 14, 2011 5:10 PM

May 2010
No Misaka Mikoto
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 14, 2011 5:34 PM

May 2010
Wait, who is taking care of Sphinx (the cat) with Touma and Index away?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 14, 2011 6:04 PM

Nov 2008
OMG ITSUWA!!! I was waiting for ye xDD Now join his harem lolol

Confucius said:
Wait, who is taking care of Sphinx (the cat) with Touma and Index away?
^I'm sure Komoe-sensei and Himegami would do that o.o..

"Why didn't I think of the simple solution of knocking to check?" Oh Touma, you never fail to amuse me xDDD
also this:

I think this arc would reveal the truth of Touma's power. I already forgot the novel x.x I'm pretty sure there was a volume between daihasesai and this yet they didn't animate it... anyway can't wait for next episode xDDD
DenjaXJan 14, 2011 6:23 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 14, 2011 6:18 PM

Apr 2010
How will the magic world stay hidden from society when one of there factions is sailing whit such a big fleet of 17 century battle ships made of ice?

And even tho Touma taught of it after he opened the door, when will he learn to knock before opening a door?
Orsola wasn't bad looking in that scene tho.
Winning a trip to Italy is no misfortune it's a beautiful country and the food is great.
Index was right about knowing 3 languages is really useful especially when traveling, Touma reaction at that woman was great.
I wonder if they will find the guide anytime soon, tho my guess is that Touma's trip was planned for some reason.
And that him running into Orsola is no coincidence.
Jan 14, 2011 6:24 PM

Jan 2010
Good episode :D looks like loli sisters and the amakusa are back :D

also nice New ED..
Jan 14, 2011 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
It is starting to get better again finally :D
Jan 14, 2011 6:41 PM

Jan 2010
Kazejimonji said:
judging by the last few minutes, this arc is gonna end with another loli being punched.... the joys of recycling storylines...

touma loli punch win :)
Jan 14, 2011 6:47 PM

May 2009
Watching this episode made me yearn for some decent pasta. Otherwise, decent start to the new arc. And the ED was cute - and all Index.
Jan 14, 2011 6:51 PM

Oct 2010
Touma's "good luck" of winning the trip to Italy obviously had to come at a price.

The two bathrooms part was a little bit mean. He took the time trying to figure out which is the real bathroom, when it suddenly occurred to him, after he opened the door, that he could've knocked either one of them first. I LOL'd at how his smile slowly changed into an OH SHI- face.
Jan 14, 2011 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
No matter where they go .. there's always war

Jan 14, 2011 6:57 PM

Sep 2007
Holy shit half of this episode was just completely unnecessary and useless. The bathroom scene was just ridiculously facepalmy. Is Touma really that fucking stupid? I would be severely disappointed if Agnese ended up helping him.
Jan 14, 2011 7:18 PM
Jan 2011
^
Nah, Railrun was complete filler garbage.
Jan 14, 2011 7:44 PM

Jan 2010
I'm a firm believer in Touma's Deus Ex Machina, so I'm fine with him being able to fix everything, but I'm not sure how this'll turn out. It is getting a bit far fetched, but whatcha gonna do? It's an anime.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 14, 2011 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
I'm actually looking forward to Index now because there should not be a Misaka anywhere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2011 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
Really? People already calling this as overly coincidental after the first episode. Nothing gets explained in the first episode ever. Did we suddenly forget that academy city has a shadow ruler who has frequently intentionally maneuvered touma into being involved in large scale problems?

Anyway, great episode. They managed to make index come off as cute, and we don't generally get to see her good side. We also got to see her being pretty useful in the sneak attack, which some people will be happy about. The new ED was great. Music wasn't anything too special but the animation was really meant to be its' strong point. At the end of the day what it comes down to is that we're starting a good arc now. The storm is over, Daihasei has passed, we can all move on. Let the good times roll.
Jan 14, 2011 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
Yay!! Orsola is back~ I really got attached to her for some reason. I mean, I'd like Touma to end up with Misaka but if not her, then Orsola would also make me happy. :)

That ship coming out of the ditch, I was like "woahhh" then all the ships coming out of the ocean I was like "WOAH!"

New ED is alright, but I preferred the other ED. I don't want a new OP though. D:
I love the current one too much. Says a lot when I don't skip an OP, cuz I always do.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jan 14, 2011 9:07 PM

Feb 2010
Styx0202 said:
^
Nah, Railrun was complete filler garbage.
THANK YOU! And whatever plot it have was only relevant for like 2 episodes at most.
Jan 14, 2011 9:09 PM

Jan 2010
OMG!!
LOVE the new ending!!
Filled with moe Index!!
Jan 14, 2011 9:11 PM

Sep 2007
Gangler said:
Really? People already calling this as overly coincidental after the first episode. Nothing gets explained in the first episode ever. Did we suddenly forget that academy city has a shadow ruler who has frequently intentionally maneuvered touma into being involved in large scale problems?

Anyway, great episode. They managed to make index come off as cute, and we don't generally get to see her good side. We also got to see her being pretty useful in the sneak attack, which some people will be happy about. The new ED was great. Music wasn't anything too special but the animation was really meant to be its' strong point. At the end of the day what it comes down to is that we're starting a good arc now. The storm is over, Daihasei has passed, we can all move on. Let the good times roll.

I'd prefer if they actually reveal more of this so called overarching story each arc instead of having Mr. Upsidedown Man make one comment every arc to "tease" us about it. It's infuriating to see him say one thing to allude to a bigger story but yet is shoved into the back seat while we're busy seeing Misaka and Index act retarded. At least this season we're seeing slightly more of this "big picture" all you LN people are screaming about but this show is still full of completely unnecessary segments. And to have to think Mr. Upsidedown Man has the ability to pull an Aizen and manipulate Touma into every situation in Index so far is even more terrible writing than I thought if it's true.
Jan 14, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I'm actually looking forward to Index now because there should not be a Misaka anywhere.

Yes!
That's the best part! No more Misaka and only Index!
Jan 14, 2011 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
arif85124 said:
Kazejimonji said:

Yes gentlemen....rejoice for the loli punch will return!!!!! XD
Jan 14, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
negativedemyx said:
arif85124 said:
Kazejimonji said:

Yes gentlemen....rejoice for the loli punch will return!!!!! XD
MOTHERFUCKING EQUALITY!
Jan 14, 2011 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Iisan-kun said:
Gangler said:

I've noticed it up until now, but it finally got unbearable. If what you're saying is true, then that is obviously better writing than what I gave the author credit for, though the thought of this omniscient being which can control even Orsola, an Anglican, in a far away place like Italy is too much.

Eh, I can't imagine it was engineered to that degree either. Probably more a matter of knowing some shit's going down in Venice, so you send him down there so he can do his thing.

Orsola wasn't really coincidence. She lived there before the events in the first arc of the season, and it's only been a few days since then. She's still in the moving process. As far as I'm concerned it makes perfect sense plotwise, but that being said your mileage may vary.

You're right in that the theme's and story move around a lot. That's kind of the premise. Personally I enjoy it, and think it probably serves to keep things fresh longer than they would otherwise. Accellerator's awesome, but it's arguable whether he has enough depth of personality to be a strong presence in every episode without getting stale. Same can be said for a lot of the characters. The show is really designed to capitalize on side characters, keeping us interested as they bounce around from one to another. It does the same with themes, though there's certainly a steady progression towards darker places. It's chaotic at times, but overall I find it fun and enjoyable, straddling the line between rule of cool and a genuinely interesting story and cast of characters. Of course, I'm a ridiculous fanboy of the series, so of course I like it. Just thought I'd share my view on the issue.

Wasabi said:

I'd prefer if they actually reveal more of this so called overarching story each arc instead of having Mr. Upsidedown Man make one comment every arc to "tease" us about it. It's infuriating to see him say one thing to allude to a bigger story but yet is shoved into the back seat while we're busy seeing Misaka and Index act retarded. At least this season we're seeing slightly more of this "big picture" all you LN people are screaming about but this show is still full of completely unnecessary segments. And to have to think Mr. Upsidedown Man has the ability to pull an Aizen and manipulate Touma into every situation in Index so far is even more terrible writing than I thought if it's true.

Eh. It's a slow moving plot. If you didn't know that by the end of S1 then you're probably a little slow yourself :p

Also, never said every situation. He has a history of sending touma into trouble, that doesn't mean he's scripted every one of touma's actions so far, or even a large number of them. Making sure that someone with a predisposition towards heroism is in the general area shit will be going down is hardly rocket science. I'm seriously talking about like somewhere in the ballpark of three or four arcs that required his intervention in some way. It's not that big a deal.
Jan 14, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2010
Nice new ED.
I heard from some novel fags Index gets epic starting now, so I have high hopes.
Jan 14, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
Iisan-kun said:
I love how bad the author is at writing in general.

What was his excuse for sending them to Italy, the seat of power of the most inherently evil organization we know of in the current world?
Yes, RANDOM COINCIDENCE.
And- how they met Orsola? RANDOM COINCIDENCE.

I mean, really? You couldn't come up with anything better than that?
The only thing that can save this is a bullshit explanation that Touma's power grants him a harem, and tons of coincidental luck.

Whats even worse is that those aspects are just the tip of the iceburg of the colossal failure that this anime has become... this has to be the worst progression of a plot that I've ever encountered before.
Even Railgun has a better directed plot than this, at least it's inwardly consistent and has way better themes.

I know it's my fault for expecting something coherent and interesting to come out of this series.

Wow, you're really ignorant. You should probably take your hands off the keyboard for a while and wait until the plot actually starts to unravel before criticizing, because to anyone who knows what they're talking about, this post makes you look extremely reactionary, ridiculous, impatient, and overall stupid. If you don't like waiting for the anime then read the novels, but you look so ignorant right now.
Jan 14, 2011 9:58 PM
May 2010
Gangler said:

Also, never said every situation. He has a history of sending touma into trouble, that doesn't mean he's scripted every one of touma's actions so far, or even a large number of them. Making sure that someone with a predisposition towards heroism is in the general area shit will be going down is hardly rocket science. I'm seriously talking about like somewhere in the ballpark of three or four arcs that required his intervention in some way. It's not that big a deal.

I guess I can accept that a bit more, it's kind of like calculated coincidence.
Hm, I really should've put more thought into this before ranting about it, but I still think the direction of the plot could be better.

Well, at least you've restored my opinion of the series enough that I wont keep dreading watching the next episode... thank you for that.

Hopefully shit does start going down like everyone says it will.
Jan 14, 2011 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
Iisan-kun said:

What was his excuse for sending them to Italy, the seat of power of the most inherently evil organization we know of in the current world?
Yes, RANDOM COINCIDENCE.

The only thing that can save this is a bullshit explanation that Touma's power grants him a harem, and tons of coincidental luck.

Whats even worse is that those aspects are just the tip of the iceburg of the colossal failure that this anime has become... this has to be the worst progression of a plot that I've ever encountered before.
Even Railgun has a better directed plot than this, at least it's inwardly consistent and has way better themes.

I know it's my fault for expecting something coherent and interesting to come out of this series.

LOL I'll quote this when it REALLY wasn't a mere coincidence. C'mon there's no way Touma would win a lottery o_O It's probably a hax by "someone"

and don't blame the author. Read the LN if you want detailed info. The anime was just summarizing things up because fyi this LN has full of monologues and talking shit. People wouldn't be entertained with just that - heck there are even some of the dialogues yet a lot of people got annoyed with that. Anime focuses on action more... and ecchi stuff >.>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 14, 2011 10:01 PM

Feb 2008
quite an enjoyable episode.. really amde me laugh...

Orsola - oh yeah!! 5/5
Orsola, naked - fuck yeah!! 6/5
Touma, realizing he should've knocked - lol 5/5
Itsuwa - another fuck yeah!! 5/5
Agnese - yet another fuck yeah!! 5/5
Spanish Armada-like fleet-from-under-the-sea - awesome. 4/5

old OP, new ED... latter looks very good..

Index will start getting even better from here... plus, there's an epic loli harem in this arc...
Jan 14, 2011 10:10 PM

Nov 2009
I never noticed Touma could actual punch that hard...yes maybe it is because he has only punched women so far.

I feel like this icy ship fleet thing is a step in the right direction, because the other arcs seemed pretty silly (first one being an army of sisters, second ending with a "we didn't need to do anything after all")
Jan 14, 2011 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
Kuro4735 said:
Hmm, I'm actually not a huge fan of the new ED song. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good in my opinion. I don't mind the animation for the ED though (though I kind of don't care for the Touma x Index relationship).

The ships coming out of the ground felt a little random, but it does make things interesting. Now what is the catholic church up to this time? :P
I agree with you to the fullest, in every detail.
Jan 14, 2011 10:28 PM

Mar 2010
Here we are with the new arc. So far I have to say we're off to a pretty decent start. By the looks of it, though, many people have dropped, or discontinued watching mainly because of the previous arc. It's unfortunate, but the fans who really love this anime will stick with it, I'm sure. (Enough blabbering) (o.o) Off to a good start this arc. I thought the washroom scene was pretty funny! However, I'm not looking forward to seeing how Index is going to play any part in this. Oh well, all in due time, I guess. I'm not a big fan of the new ED song, either. Just a little out of place for this anime. I'd understand if it was meant to set the tone for this arc, though. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 14, 2011 10:30 PM
Mar 2010
And so they drift off to Neverland...

I've never really liked the Magic Side of Index, but this arc seems interesting, especially compared to the first arc. I just can't wait until Accelerator becomes the second protagonist ;D

The ED song itself is nice, but the visuals are Index-centered. Not that I don't like Index, I just like other characters much more
Jan 14, 2011 10:34 PM

Mar 2010
Suzuku said:
Iisan-kun said:

Yes, RANDOM COINCIDENCE.

Wow, you're really ignorant. You should probably take your hands off the keyboard for a while and wait until the plot actually starts to unravel before criticizing, because to anyone who knows what they're talking about, this post makes you look extremely reactionary, ridiculous, impatient, and overall stupid. If you don't like waiting for the anime then read the novels, but you look so ignorant right now.
You both present good points. However, what can you expect out of anything that has a continuation. Once you reach a certain height, the majority of the time, the only thing left to do is fall.
Jan 14, 2011 10:45 PM

Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode, the armada of ice ships i found to be really interesting, there is obviously going to be something epic going down....why else would you need an armada of submersible ice ships?! Also, the two bathrooms made me facepalm so bad it kinda hurt...but that was seriously hilarious xD
Jan 14, 2011 10:48 PM

Nov 2009
Orsola naked!? & wow how the hell did touma win a trip?

wtf at ice ship fleet !
Jan 14, 2011 10:59 PM

Sep 2007
Gangler said:

Eh. It's a slow moving plot. If you didn't know that by the end of S1 then you're probably a little slow yourself :p

I know it's a slow moving plot. It's just ridiculous to have to watch episodes waste valuable time to showcase Misaka's boring deredere moments or Index's retarded biting moments or Touma being stupid trying to figuring what door to open. If it wasn't for people saying the later overarching stories are absolute badassery, I would've dropped it a long ass time ago.
Jan 14, 2011 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
Wasabi said:
Gangler said:

I know it's a slow moving plot. It's just ridiculous to have to watch episodes waste valuable time to showcase Misaka's boring deredere moments or Index's retarded biting moments or Touma being stupid trying to figuring what door to open. If it wasn't for people saying the later overarching stories are absolute badassery, I would've dropped it a long ass time ago.
Well shit. That does sound pretty painful. As much as I love the series, if you're 38 episodes in and you're still waiting for it to get good I'd recommend bailing. Promises of badassery to come are only worth so much. I mean, obviously you'll do what you want to do, and evidently you're quite interested in what is to come, but it sounds pretty unreasonable to still be waiting. At the very least it sounds like the kind of thing where I'd catch up once we got there and the reports started coming in, rather than coming back week by week hoping to find myself closer to the good part.

This being said, I've noticed that each of the arcs generally starts off with a relatively short slice of life segment, that ends up leading to the actual plot of the story arc. The moment it switches from slice of life to shonen action is often remarkably visible and sudden. Touma finds Misaka's sister dead in an alleyway and is confronted by large numbers of lookalikes. A mage specializing in golems starts terrorizing the city. The nun we recently met is found outside of Touma's apartment bleeding to death with a suspicious wizard nearby. I feel that this arc has the most visible moment yet. Walking down the street having a casual conversation, suddenly sniper shots start going off and they're attacked by an armed assailant, immediately a warship of ice arises from the river and carries them off to join a hostile armada. Slice of life time's over folks, with a crash and a bang Mr slice of life conspicuously leaves the room. So if it's just the slice of life portion of the show you dislike you should be good for another few episodes now.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.