Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2011 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
AmberFebruary said:
how come everytime i look at the actor it gives me the vibes that his the culprit.
Because A) He's a freaking actor. B) It's likely either him or the woman. And C) He looks like Ladd Russo from Baccano with his white suit and blonde hair. XD

AmberFebruary said:
that's what i saw first, but when i watched again and slow mo the part (it's like only a second so you have to pause) when their lifeboat will be struck by the wave, i saw six heads, but the other scenes showed only 5 of them in the boat, that's why i draw back that theory but i'm glad someone here noticed it, maybe the six heads i saw is because of the fucking low quality vid rip from CR, i can't wait for Victorique's 720p.
I just went and rewatched that scene. 5 people were in when they lowered the boat, but when the wave came upon them there were 6 heads like you said. Studio fail? o.O
Jan 14, 2011 10:09 PM

Jul 2010
Did anyone else notice that the first guy who tried to run out of the room, who got shot in the head; there was no blood on the floor right? Did he really die?
Jan 14, 2011 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
Wow! I'm loving this show. I liked the mystery in it, and Victorique is even more adorable this time around. I love her sarcastic laugh ^^

The ED song is win. I will definitely stick around for more. This will probably be my favorite this season if this keeps it up.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 14, 2011 10:18 PM

Jul 2010
Alvord12 said:
Did anyone else notice that the first guy who tried to run out of the room, who got shot in the head; there was no blood on the floor right? Did he really die?
When he first gets hit there's no blood splatter, but when they re-enter that room there is blood underneath his head. While re-watching this scene I did notice when he got shot in the head he landed with his arms out, but when they showed him again his arms were to his sides. Another studio fail? o.O

Also, the blood was underneath his head and not running down his face or anything like that. I can only guess that spear-like thing went through his whole head to cause that, but still.

To simply answer the question: I'm pretty sure he did die.
Jan 14, 2011 11:07 PM
Sep 2010
the mysteries in this show are way too easy to figure out. in spite of that, i still think the series is pretty good. i think the stories themselves are pretty good, just not the detective parts
Jan 14, 2011 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
Ok...this is the Yakumo of the season...
Jan 15, 2011 2:10 AM

Aug 2009
I think the woman is the culprit. She stayed behind when she was the only one that witness Victorique stepping on a trap like she expected it would happen. She also complimented Kujo on saving Victorique maybe because it reminded her of someone saving her back then when she was a kid on the boat.
Jan 15, 2011 2:49 AM

Jan 2010
This didn't remind me of the manga Doubt at all. It really didn't.

Still, one of the most entertaining animes of the season so far. The mystery, although not very difficult to figure out, is really good.
Jan 15, 2011 2:56 AM

Sep 2009
An entertaining episode. I find it funny when Victorique busts out a pipe but doesn't actually do anything with it.
Jan 15, 2011 3:37 AM

Feb 2010
the pacing is really fast well ep was nice but after watching over 600 DC ep i'm not really impressed with the detective/mystery part...
Jan 15, 2011 3:50 AM

Jun 2009
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha" LOL Victorique.

I think it's pretty obvious that the girl is one of the people who survived from 10 years ago.
Jan 15, 2011 5:08 AM

Feb 2009
Ohh, this episode was really good! I wonder who´s the hunter dog.. :o
Jan 15, 2011 5:29 AM

Jun 2009
This is definetely getting more interesting! I'm 100% sure that Kujo is alive but what I want to know is how he managed to survive.
Jan 15, 2011 5:57 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome second episode, it was way better than the first one.

The setting of a hares hunt is something I'd like to see more often.

Btw my bet is that the woman is the culprit.
Jan 15, 2011 6:07 AM
Mar 2010
this episode reminds me the movie ghost ship very creepy but it would be much more creepy if did't kill the rest of the people so fast they should have made it more like they die one at a time ir would add to the suspense
Jan 15, 2011 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
Victorique "cute" moments

ep1: rolling on floor (twice)
ep2: wohohoho laugh (twice)

moe. just MOE.

oh well... i also think Julie is the culprit... first time she appeared i fin her suspicious already...

she looks like one of those kids 10 years ago... and she looks like the fortune teller's granddaughter...

though Maurice himself is very suspicious... if he knew about the Queen Berry incident, then what's his business in this 'reenactment' one decade later?
Jan 15, 2011 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
First of all, I just love the way Victorique is laughing - I just couldn't help, but smile.
The whole episode reminded me of two visual novels: Killer Queen (battle royale) and the first chapter of Umineko. But so far it really does everything correctly - no boredom, no major mistakes that would help you solve the intrigue (after all it's only the second episode, what would be the point in making everything obvious now, it's a damn detective story), everything is fine thus far and that really makes me glad that I've picked up this series.
|EDIT|
By the way, if Julie proves to be "the one", I will lower the score by one. That would be just too transparent. That's unlikely to happen, though, I believe that we'll see many a plot twist in this show.
LustrelessJan 15, 2011 7:33 AM

Jan 15, 2011 7:54 AM

May 2010
"Children killing each other." It really reminded me of Monster.

That Julie is one of those children 10 yrs ago so chances are high that she's the culprit.

I hope this shows will pull a lot of twists. Also, is it me or just the events are happening too fast?

Anyway, I'm not complaining though.

And Victorique's laugh is just priceless :D
StormViruzJan 15, 2011 8:01 AM
Jan 15, 2011 7:59 AM

May 2009
Very good second episode and loads better than the first. Kujo, while a tiny bit annoying, complements Victorique very nicely. And that laugh is terrific.
Jan 15, 2011 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
OMG her fake laugh is so cute!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2011 8:12 AM

Dec 2009
Wooah, i'm loving it <3
All this mistery, so awesome. I guess i'm going to search for the light novels ~
Jan 15, 2011 8:33 AM

Feb 2008
Really good episode. Reminds me of Umineko somehow, minus all the magic and general crazyness.
Jan 15, 2011 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
KFC said:
This episode reminds me of a detective fiction novel by Agatha Christie - "Ten Little Niggers".

I thought the exact same thing! xD

Great episode, I have big hopes for this show ^^
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jan 15, 2011 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
The woman is the culprit. I never read the light novel but I am 100% positive she is the culprit.

1: Shes the one who always finds something wrong.
2: She said the door was locked but when someone else tried it the door opened.
3: She warned people about the boat. Afterwords walking away with a "I told you"
4: She never reacts to anything even if someone dies.
5: Every single line she says is suspicious.
6: In the flashback there was her clear lookalike.

Seriously, if it isn't her than I will be very surprised. The actor may be in on it as well as he also has a lookalike in the flashback. I don't think the mysteries in the show are going to be very difficult. Hell when compared to Umineko, mystery like this is cupcakes.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 15, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
Can them call her "ve-ro-ni-que" and not "ve-ro-ni-ca"?
Jan 15, 2011 12:11 PM

Apr 2009
I disliked it.
Main characters decide randomly on taking that invitation, don't tell anyone (I guess?). They're let in despite the invitation was written for one person only. Nobody at the dinner says anything about 1) their behavior, 2) their age. Then there's one person extra but nobody else says anything.
Victorique's revelations were obvious. Maybe the mystery will buff up in next episodes... I hope at least the mystery will not disappoint...
Kujo is seriously annoying. What was that speech about Victorique being a girl and therefore weak? He's the one who's been screaming his head off every few seconds. Oh come on. :/ I watched the entire episode with u_u face.
Jan 15, 2011 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
"Have a roll, quibbler."

I don't understand all the dislike of Kujo. Sure, he's a bit generic, but I think that makes him a good straight man for Victorique. Victorique herself is just plain awesome, she's made me laugh more than once in both episodes so far.

As has already been pointed out the mysteries are pretty weak but I like the art and the series has a neat atmosphere even if it's not necessarily breaking new ground.
Jan 15, 2011 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
This one is all in for the win.

I love the Characters, art, and writing. I really like the cliff hanger endings. So far though it has been a bit predictable though. Let's wait and see how it progresses.
Jan 15, 2011 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
kleeny said:
Can them call her "ve-ro-ni-que" and not "ve-ro-ni-ca"?

I am pretty sure they say Bi-Ku-To-Ri-Ka (Victorique). Her name isn't Veronica...
Jan 15, 2011 1:21 PM

May 2010
Yeah this reminds me of Agatha Christie's "Ten Little Indians" it would have been cool if it was more like it thgough.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 15, 2011 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode as always... wait Orochi, it just started, right. Loved Victorika's Yeah, i know it's wrong, but it's sounds like that to me. Their fault for saying "ka" at the end of her name. laugh, story's development is to my liking and... overally it was great what to say.

ED. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 15, 2011 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
Her laughter has to be the funniest thing i've watched in the whole episode. It was so funny.

Jan 15, 2011 2:08 PM
Feb 2010
Kuro4735 said:

Now let's just wait for the "surprising" revelation that the one who is doing this is a survivor from the original Queen Berry. Unless my prediction here is wrong, I seriously think this show needs a less predictable plot.

Is that really a prediction? I thought it was made pretty clear...
Jan 15, 2011 3:19 PM

May 2010
With a loli and a weak male lead, I couldn't take this anime seriously. The predictable plot/mystery isn't helping either.
Jan 15, 2011 3:19 PM

Aug 2010
I bet the old dude gets shot. Maurice is a freaking nutjob
Jan 15, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2010
good job kujo xD
thats all
victoriques emotionless laugh was win xD

~Nyaaa~

Jan 15, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
Her laugh is too epic.

Good episode, but isn't the plot going too fast!?

Jan 15, 2011 4:11 PM

Nov 2009
I hate cliffhangers.
Kujo cannot die though he is one of the main character per se.

They eliminated half of the people on board, greatly reducing the number of possible suspects.

Hmmm... maybe they just want start the story with something simple.

I also think the woman is also the culprit. I can sense her being concerned about the kids.
Jan 15, 2011 4:11 PM

Oct 2009
this episode wasn't that good imo but her laugh was the highlight of the ep ;D
Jan 15, 2011 4:26 PM
Feb 2010
KFC said:
This episode reminds me of a detective fiction novel by Agatha Christie - "Ten Little Niggers".

Exactly. I kept thinking that the entire time watching.

On a side note I love Victorique's laugh. XD so cute!
Jan 15, 2011 5:11 PM

May 2008
I had wondered why the directing for this series was so awful, but then I saw it was done by the same guy who directed Heroman. When you combine that with the terrible writing (particularly when it comes to the characters whose motivations are bad even by anime standards) you have the biggest bust of the season.
Jan 15, 2011 6:22 PM
Oct 2009
It's so obvious that Kujo probably didn't get shot. The gun probably wasn't loaded or something like that XD

Anyways, great episode! Really loving this whole "Victorian Era Mystery" thing! ^_^
Jan 15, 2011 6:36 PM

May 2008
For some reason i really like ship episodes, and wow kujo being a man hehe in front of a gun im scared as sht =/ dam this anime is just great so far

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 15, 2011 7:19 PM

Apr 2010
Good episode.... I'm finding Kujo very annoying though. And the old man is a big suspect.
Jan 15, 2011 7:39 PM

Oct 2009
Umineko anyone?
Jan 15, 2011 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
The ED is amazing... 433 play count on iTunes wtf.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2011 8:19 PM

Oct 2009
Gogetters said:
Umineko anyone?

I know right?!

this ep also reminded me of the manga doubt.
Jan 15, 2011 11:53 PM

Jul 2009
Rocket pace says what?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 16, 2011 12:29 AM

Jul 2010
Dhuaine said:
I disliked it.
Main characters decide randomly on taking that invitation, don't tell anyone (I guess?). They're let in despite the invitation was written for one person only. Nobody at the dinner says anything about 1) their behavior, 2) their age. Then there's one person extra but nobody else says anything.
Victorique's revelations were obvious. Maybe the mystery will buff up in next episodes... I hope at least the mystery will not disappoint...

I assume Victorique took the invitation because she thought/knew there was more to the mystery. As for why they were let in, I think it was likely because they were what people considered to be the "hares," which is why no one said anything. And I can only guess that no one else noticed the extra person; after all, they were all too busy freaking out over being drugged and realizing they were actually the hares. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. And the mysteries definitely were obvious.

otakuthon49 said:
Good episode, but isn't the plot going too fast!?
I don't know for sure, but I think this show might be about a series of mysteries and not just this one about Roxanne, the maid, the ghost ship, etc. Likely it will go into another arc after this one is done.

Teufel said:
I don't understand all the dislike of Kujo. Sure, he's a bit generic, but I think that makes him a good straight man for Victorique.
As our male protagonist he is kind of pathetic, which is why people dislike him. I don't hate him, but I really do think they could have given us a more interesting lead to go along with Victorique. Then again, if the male lead were better Victorique might not shine as much.
Jan 16, 2011 1:37 AM

Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Seriously, if it isn't her than I will be very surprised. The actor may be in on it as well as he also has a lookalike in the flashback. I don't think the mysteries in the show are going to be very difficult. Hell when compared to Umineko, mystery like this is cupcakes.

They both could be in on it, but I think the woman is just playing along. Notice how she looks protective of everybody. It's like she's warning them.

I think the real culprit is the actor. The woman is probably out for revenge. Maybe he was the true killer from the past and she holds a personal grudge against him.

But as far as i'm concerned, this is becoming quite interesting. The mysteries might not be as difficult, but i'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.
KingDeadKiraJan 16, 2011 1:44 AM

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.