Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 12, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
SAWAKO <3
I missed you!

I wish she could give him the chocolate D:
I don't want their relationship to be destroyed.

Not sure if i like the new guy yet.
But i do love that Miyano Mamoru is voicing him <3

AND ONLY 13 EPISODES? D:
Jan 12, 2011 11:23 AM

May 2008
why did kazehaya reacted when ryuu told him the chocolates were given by 'Kuronuma'?? ; *´O`*
Jan 12, 2011 11:36 AM

Aug 2010
I'm really excited that its on for a second season, even if its 13 episodes. Its just way too cute.
Jan 12, 2011 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
Oh boy, I know this is a slow paced series, but this is unusually high levels of frustration. I dare say this is even more excruciating to watch than Bakuman. I really hope they step up the pace just a notch.

On the other hand, the situation is WHOLLY believable. I can understand the apprehension and emotions that both Sawako and Kazehaya are experiencing. Valentine's Day sure can be rough when expectations aren't fulfilled, nerves get the better of you, and interested parties antagonize you. I hope Sawako is a little more courageous from here on out.
Jan 12, 2011 11:56 AM
Dec 2008
What a lovely angst ridden start to the new series. Sawako is SO CUTE, but she really needs to gain a little more confidence somehow.

I've just bought volumes 1-6 of the manga, but am planning to delay reading them until this series is over. 13 episodes doesn't sound a lot given the popularity of the story.

I wish I could have watched this episode without the earthquake and tsunami warning plastered over the screen. M4.2 is a tiny tremor that doesn't justify an interruption like this.
Jan 12, 2011 11:57 AM

Jan 2010
This whole episode was a pain.
I wish she'd just give them to him, ugh, it makes me so fustrated >.<
Jan 12, 2011 1:09 PM

Jun 2010
It frustrated me that Kazehaya didnt receive his chocolate. Everyone knows they feel something for each other. They are the only ones who dont. =_=

No wonder Pin choked on the chocolates, why did he eat it with the tiny foil cup?? lol

Cant wait to see Ken.... *__* and a visibly jealous Kazehaya
Jan 12, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
I see that they're still following the manga at this point.
-Fixing-
Jan 12, 2011 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
13 episodes, don´t know where would it end...

Good episode btw.
Jan 12, 2011 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
I'm rather pleased it's only 13 episodes, because..

and, yes, KENTO IS LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE <333333 ^^
Jan 12, 2011 3:20 PM

Apr 2009
I actually enjoy the slow pace of this anime quite a lot! Sure, you get inpatient cause you want Kazehaya and Sawako to finally end up together but I think the pace is part of the beauty of this whole story.

13 episodes...sigh...well, I'm reading the manga as well so I'm already hoping for a third season, lol. I really enjoy to watch it animated I like the atmosphere of it (applies also to 1st season). Can't wait til next week <3
Jan 12, 2011 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
I HATE KURUMI. She needs to die.
Jan 12, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
So ANNOYING.
Jan 12, 2011 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Casperkid said:
kurumi needs to go play in traffic
ROFL what? I see Kurumi hatred but you got to admit the girl will not give up Kazehaya that easy.
People you don't get it. Is not that she fights much now. Those chocolates she gave him were like a small goodbye.
And she only teased Sawako because she is just so easy to tease not because she was trying to hard to stop her so she can win him. That's why she said "She has only her self to blame if she backs off after being teased a little".
To her if you really love a guy you have to try hard and go after him like she did. So if you can't take even a little tease then maybe your love isn't strong. That's how she sees it. If Sawako backs off just from a little teasing then she's just too weak and it's her problem.
Monad this is twice you got me you #@$@#@# (joke). Seriously I think you are right and Kurumi should train Sawako like that to be brave and more firm in her feelings towards Kazehaya. It kind seems refreshing to see Kurumi trying to be active like that to further the relationship between Kazehaya an Sawako.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2011 4:07 PM

May 2008
can someone( w/o spoilers) give an estimate about how much further the manga is compared to the anime at this same point of the series?
Jan 12, 2011 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
I hope they finish up the kazehaya and sawako arc because its becoming kinda repetitive.
In my opinion, the show is more interesting when its focused on the supporting characters narrated through sawako. And plus my favorite character is Yano :D
Jan 12, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
I can't believe how much I missed Sawako and friends <3 I missed them so much I at first didn't care that it was taking so long for her to simply hand over the bag- but once she finally mustered the courage and Kurumi intervened?!? (*Insert angry sounding thoughts here*) Then I realized there was an episode 0 and afterward remembered that if Kurumi was the darling of the show we might be saying the same things about Sawako... *is shot* (Okay, that's impossible, never mind xD)

I agree with others--I do love the pace and there that gives it it's own beautifully subtle atmosphere (which I love ^_^ ) but I hope this doesn't become a season of "almosts".
Jan 12, 2011 5:39 PM

Jul 2010
LOVE Kazehaya's mean/jealous side <3. I hope the anime isn't going to keep the slow pace. Would be great if they did the whole manga though:)

"Sawako give him the chocolate!!! PLEASE!!!" is what i kept on repeating watching and reading this episode! I really got mad and desprate in this episode:(

Yay, a first appearence for Kento!:)
Jan 12, 2011 8:05 PM

Nov 2008
My folks heard the OP of this and said it was gay and laughed because I watch shoujo stuff. I was like "I don't watch these kinds of stuff". Then I moved to my room and continues... There's nothing wrong watching this right?!?!? Unfortunately, I don't stand to my own rights xDD

Anyway, it was expected for Sawako not to give the chocolates. So people who got frustrated or hate or whatever to her should look onto her personality first xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 12, 2011 8:09 PM

Apr 2010
OMG MAMORU MIYANO (Miura, the new guy/LIGHT YAGAMI!!)
OMG KAZEHAYA.

Aw, cute episode, but I can't wait to see them together <3333

Jan 12, 2011 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
Yay! The first episode of Kimi ni Todoke's 2nd season has arrived! I really like how the art is still the same with the really big round faces and the very circle-but-no-fingers hand! That's one thing I like about this anime!

This felt like an ordinary Kimi ni Todoke episode, things moving along slowly. Anyways, can't wait for the next episode!

LOL when Kazehaya wet Pin's bed! xD
Jan 12, 2011 10:37 PM

Mar 2009
I actually really liked this episode. sure it was a little slow and frustrating, but I've also had days like that where I want to tell someone something, think aboout how I'll say it all day, and in the end I just can't bring myself to do it. /x Maybe I understand because I'm shy like Sawako? well not that shy o_o, but ohwell haha.

Poor Kazehaya wanted that chocolate too! D:
Jan 12, 2011 10:54 PM
Dec 2008
Ok seriously now when the first season ended they were really close. They both had realized that they like each others. And now just because the SEATING ORDER is different they haven't talked or done anything together in like what ~4 months?? I recall it being autumn when the first season ended and now it was already valentines day in the anime. I just don't understand this kind of development at all.

So yeah I was slightly disappointed by this episode. 7/10
Jan 13, 2011 1:51 AM

May 2010
very nice episode.. :) aww.. sawako can't give it, kazehaya became disappointed.

i just love mamiko noto's voice when she's doing sawako.. adds to the feel.. :)

KYAA~! the new guy's voiced by Mamoru Miyano! i wonder what role he'll play.. (yes, i do not read the manga.. :P)
Jan 13, 2011 1:56 AM

Jan 2009
Okay, frustrations about the chocolates aside, did anyone else get a giggle out of Sawako being tickled by that blank faced girl sitting behind her then having the others join in? :P
Jan 13, 2011 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
SAWAKO NO BAAAAAAKAAAAAA

good episode but if she just give him the damn choco will be much better.
Jan 13, 2011 4:43 AM

Nov 2010
Is it me or was there a Episode 0 too ?

anyways , LOVE THIS SERIES

Sawako is Cute.
Jan 13, 2011 5:05 AM

Mar 2008
mmm People that I've ask about this series have all complained about it being slow paced.... so Ima say this... I like it this way, its more attention to detail. This is a perfect anime for me. Oh and thats what this episode was about too.

I think Sawakos failure to give chocolates, sorta brings a twist to the relationship. Shouta figured out everyone got them except him, so hes probably a little cut... probably. Sawako realized she was hoping for more than just a thankyou gift. and Ume-chan appears to be thrilled over sabotaging sawakos plans and confidence.

I shocked this is only 13 episode too, I would have expected more.

After this episode, I can say ima looking forward to the rest of the series, seems another character may be added whos going to fall for Sawako ? guess we will see! ^_^
Coming soon!
Jan 13, 2011 5:36 AM

Nov 2010
Marls said:
mmm People that I've ask about this series have all complained about it being slow paced.... so Ima say this... I like it this way, its more attention to detail. This is a perfect anime for me. Oh and thats what this episode was about too.

I think Sawakos failure to give chocolates, sorta brings a twist to the relationship. Shouta figured out everyone got them except him, so hes probably a little cut... probably. Sawako realized she was hoping for more than just a thankyou gift. and Ume-chan appears to be thrilled over sabotaging sawakos plans and confidence.

I shocked this is only 13 episode too, I would have expected more.

After this episode, I can say ima looking forward to the rest of the series, seems another character may be added whos going to fall for Sawako ? guess we will see! ^_^

i also liked to see a love triangle. especially if it's sawako
haha!
can't wait!
o.0
Jan 13, 2011 5:55 AM

Jan 2008
So happy Kimi Ni Todoke is back ^_^.

Unfortunately, is normal for the season to be 13 episodes long, because at that time in the manga you can draw a conclusion to the series.
Jan 13, 2011 6:17 AM

Aug 2008
gaaahhhh.. just give him dat chocolate already !! ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Jan 13, 2011 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Papander said:
Ok seriously now when the first season ended they were really close. They both had realized that they like each others. And now just because the SEATING ORDER is different they haven't talked or done anything together in like what ~4 months?? I recall it being autumn when the first season ended and now it was already valentines day in the anime. I just don't understand this kind of development at all.

So yeah I was slightly disappointed by this episode. 7/10

The first season ended when Sawako and Kazehaya went to the temple on New Year's Eve for her birthday... so it's only been a month n' a half. xD
Jan 13, 2011 1:32 PM
Dec 2007
Great introduction to the second season and great episode as usual. Almost flawless.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 13, 2011 2:18 PM
Aug 2007
Aw I wish she gave him the chocolates.

Jan 13, 2011 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
Kimi ni Tokode is back! So far I'm extremely pleased with the way they brought back the raw emotions and feel of the show. Natural and realistic is exactly what they did in the last season, and I can already tell it will be the same! (^.^) Kurumi is still an egotistical bastard with her implemented foresights. Sawako is still sweet as ever. However, Kazehaya has gotten a little too sour for my liking. That's just how life works, though. It's realistic to the point where I see the situation, and understand every aspect of it. I'm already in love with this anime. So let's start the fun, and have us a blast. Even with the 12 episodes we have left. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 13, 2011 3:45 PM

Mar 2010
SPARKLES AND BUBBLES

ON MY SCREEN

IN MY HEART

IT'S FINALLY BACK
Jan 13, 2011 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
I had at least hoped for SOME progress lol, but it seems Sawako's still too shy. Too bad. It would've been really nice if she had given him her chocolates. Now he's the only one from her friends that didn't get any. XD
Jan 13, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Of course Pin/Kazehaya's part of where he wets his bed was funny as ever except I don't get as to why he got sick if he was wearing a raincoat?

yeah.. that was funny.. haha...
Jan 13, 2011 6:29 PM

Dec 2010
This is a perfect example of an episode that just pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I love this series, but this was a pretty bad way to start off the second season. Throughout the episode my mind was screaming, "DO SOMETHING!! ANYTHING!!" but nothing happened.

I loved the first season, even though there we plenty of episodes like this one. The episodes like this were balanced out by very superbly done "plot-heavy" episodes. Looks like next week's is going to be "plot-heavy".

I've always liked Kurumi. Seems like she's the only character who's developed the most. More episodes with her please!

2/5
MathesonJan 13, 2011 6:41 PM
Jan 13, 2011 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
Ahhh I absolutely loved this episode. It definitely did a veeery good job at translating it from the manga. Actually, I found this a lot sadder, so in a way it felt like it was the first time for me to see these events occuring.

It's funny and interesting to see so many people getting so frustrated or become not pleased by what had happened. I'm a little appalled at the idea that some thought it was useless thought o___o.

Trust me guys, this is just the beginning of a loooong road of frustrations. But please don't let these frustrations deter you from watching this series!!

I promise you all that it's worth it :D
Jan 13, 2011 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
Starting the season off with a Valentine's Day episode, I found it as though it's picking up just right where I left off last season. I'm really hoping for more Sawako and Kazehaya development, and the introduction of this new blond male might actually change things up again. It seems like this is starting up to be a great new season.
Jan 13, 2011 9:41 PM

Feb 2008
Sawako's actions are usually understandable given how shy and sheltered she is. But the whole "worried about giving chocolates" was incredibly annoying and made me want to punch a baby. /sigh
Jan 13, 2011 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
A good, but also annoying episode. I HATE Kurumi sooo much. And then there's sawako being too shy again. It's kind of getting on my nerves. I hope things will develop in a good way, the pacing should be faster than last season since its only 13 eps. I really hope it lives up to my expectations..
Jan 14, 2011 1:06 AM
Jun 2010
The meanings of giving someone chocolates on Valentine's Day in Japan change depending on to whom they give the chocolates.

Honmei choco (Chocolate for their crush)       to Kazehaya (after Sawako realized her ulterior motive.)
Giri choco (Chocolates for their guy friends)   to Ryu,Bin..... to Kazehaya (before Sawako realized her ulterior motive.)
Tomo choco (Chocolates for their friends)      to Chizu,Ayane......
Jan 14, 2011 1:30 AM

Jul 2010
I had extremly mixed feelings about this episode, but over all I think it was a sweet start.

First: Loving the new opening more and more, so soothing and colourful - visuals and song match up perfectly and the lyrics underline Kazehaya's emotions well.

Second: I had a sweet tinglish feeling in my nose in the first seconds of the ep, seeing Sawako cooking - it had me feeling so nostalgic and happy at the same time, like coming back home from a long hard journey (as in lots of mediocre anime) in the arms of your loved one ( ´ ▽ ` )

Third: The struggles of Sawako giving Kazehaya the chocolate had me feel her desperation. In my teen years I was just about as shy, so I can somehow relate to her. I was rooting for her passionately.

Lastly: I was let down in the end, since I thought Sawako progressed more and would be strong enough to do it in the end. I thought, like in the first season, Kurumi's selfishness would backfire on her, making Sawako even more determined. Poor Kazehaya.

Also: What's up with Kurumi? I thought she evolved? I respect that she doesn't give up so easilly, but trying to mess with Sawako like this again is quite a step backward. It would have been more impressive if she urged Sawako to do something...
Like saying: "Get your act together, or you're not a worthy rival!"

So all in all, the episode was a sweet homecoming for me, but kind of like someone accidently hit the mental-REWIND button for some characters o_O;
TokuwaJan 14, 2011 1:34 AM
Jan 14, 2011 8:33 AM

Mar 2010
I personally thought the episode was ok. I really thought Sawako and Kazehaya were closer since the last episode of last season though.... but of course Sawako is a social noob XD.

Tokuwa said:

Also: What's up with Kurumi? I thought she evolved? I respect that she doesn't give up so easilly, but trying to mess with Sawako like this again is quite a step backward. It would have been more impressive if she urged Sawako to do something...
Like saying: "Get your act together, or you're not a worthy rival!"

I don't think Kurumi's trying to mess with her now was as bad as in the first season. I thought she was joking with her at first but it was really hard to tell. I really agree with your "Get your act together, or you're not a worthy rival!", that would have made Kurumi look so much mature?
Jan 14, 2011 9:55 AM

Apr 2010
All through this episode I just wanted to scream "FOR GOD'S SAKE WOMAN JUST GIVE HIM THE CHOCOLATES". So annoying. This is why I didn't really like the first season that much, I was hoping at least ANYTHING would have changed. Apparently not. Will keep on watching though.
Also, new guy is cute. Looks like Suoh Tamaki and ironically enough is voiced by the same seiyuu :P
desolatoJan 14, 2011 11:19 AM
Jan 14, 2011 10:30 AM
Jul 2010
The best thing is the new guy because when I looked at the preview for the next episode, I think he'll add nice drama. Let's hope for him to be the reason of progress in Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship.
Jan 14, 2011 11:36 AM

Dec 2009
Ah the anime that has taken me into a different perspective of romance has returned.

OP is just fantastic as it was in the first season and the ED doesn't disappoint either.
Wow, we start off just right off the bat on Valentine's day. Definitely not surprised by the awkwardness which is Sawako's trademark but it's certainly refreshing from what I'm totally used to. The latter half of the episode definitely tried to bring out the patience with me but I suppose I haven't gotten used to the flow of the story yet. Disappointed with the failure to deliver the chocolate but at the same time relieved in my mind that it's going into a different direction and just goes to show how difficult these tiny choices are. The new possible love interest has certainly piqued my interest so I look forward to the scenes and interactions he'll cause.

Overall, a nice episode back into a romance anime with the unique calming charm that I love ;D
Jan 14, 2011 11:51 AM

Feb 2010
Excellent return to an excellent series.

So happy there's a new guy added to the mix.

+ He's voiced by Kida from Durarara!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.