Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 10, 2011 3:31 AM
Mar 2010
ooohhh it seems good series.... Victorique seems awesome character, really!!! strange first episode, rhythm is very high, they are just on a mysterious boat...... I'll watch second episode, it makes me curious

next to 2nd ep
Jan 10, 2011 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
Best anime this season from what I've seen so far. 1920s setting and delicious loli.
Jan 10, 2011 6:20 AM

Jul 2010
HATERS GONNA HATE. FOR THOSE WHO DON"T LIKE IT, THEN DROP IT, AS IF WE WILL CARE. ^^,
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 10, 2011 7:28 AM

Feb 2010
It's good for an opening episode...

and yeah btw..

WAS THAT TITANIC?!?!?!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 10, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2009
It was nice. Bones finally started a worth watching project. Oh and the ending is just brilliant, so tender and calm.
Jan 10, 2011 9:27 AM

May 2010
eh? what is this Bones' version of Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin? I just hope this one's better than that retarded show.

Cool OP & ED btw.
Jan 10, 2011 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
Kirion said:

Stop it.
Jan 10, 2011 12:02 PM

Oct 2010
Jan 10, 2011 1:28 PM

Aug 2010
ok, i'm loving victorique. Super genius loli detective=moe?

hell yea it does!

Jan 10, 2011 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
It was interesting, not that exciting but I still like the small mystery in it so I look forward to the next episode. c:
Jan 10, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2010
This is a little interesting but not much. It'll have to grow on me some, but I like the characters since they are quirky and all. The opening scene was kind of weird though >.>
Jan 10, 2011 6:48 PM

Apr 2009
Well, duh. I guess I expected too much.
- I expected a darker and more serious tone. Too much comic relief =.=
- Couldn't get over the fact that Kujo is supposed to have black eyes when they're drawn as brown. e_e;; Hope he's going to live up to the nickname of Black Reaper. I can see him annoying the heck out of me in next episodes.
- I don't really like Victorique either. Lit that pipe please.
- Everything about Grevil screams "anime character"...
Overall, decent but average. :(

I hope they're going to explore that murder mystery in depth and not just leave it and move to something bigger. Plus I'm not really convinced about the probability of busting the lock at that angle and simultaneously getting the bullet into someone's eye socket.

Not dropping because 1) I never drop on first or second episode, 2) I've got nothing else to watch in this season. :/
Jan 10, 2011 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
Ghost stories? detectives? loli lead? interesting. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Occult academy. I'm not worried, BONES knows what they're doing...YEAH RIGHT! they been screwing up more than Madhouse! Every recent BONES's anime is nothing but mecha related crap. And now they animate something that isn't even in their alley. Sigh, I've given up on BONES. You guys are disappointing.

Jan 10, 2011 6:56 PM

Jan 2008
I loved how she just rolled around on the floor, so cute >w<

Banner made by suikka
Jan 10, 2011 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
Victorique was moe and awesome. The other characters were... meh. I like the ED song.

I'll keep watching.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 10, 2011 11:50 PM

Aug 2010
I was wondering what hell kind of title "Gosick" was until I realised it was probably pronounced Gos-ick. I love Engrish. Also, what the hell is a fortune teller doing with a mansion?

Anyway the episode was okay, nothing really grabbed me until the end as I can't shake the fact that

Cashdaxxx said:
WAS THAT TITANIC?!?!?!

Probably not, as the boat's just one of the general style of ocean liners. Plus Titanic's been sunk by this point.
Jan 11, 2011 12:27 AM

May 2009
Decent first episode, it had some funny parts like Victorique rolling on the ground and her moments outside the school.The mystery looks like it will be great and hopefully they will get more interesting, i mean geez even i knew that the maid had to have shot the fortune teller in the eye i mean who shoots a bullet from a gun in a key hole -_- anyway can't wait to see the next episode!
Jan 11, 2011 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
I really liked this episode. It does a good job of introducing the main characters and setting up the beginning of the mystery.

For those of you that seem to have a problem with the first murder mystery being too easy to solve, that was the point! It was not designed to show how smart Victorica is, but how stupid Grevil is! Plus, by the end of the episode, the murderer has escaped and the motive is still undetermined. How she killed the old fortune teller was easy. Why she did it is the real mystery.

I also take exception to the characterization of Kujo as a typical wimpy main character. He not only forced Victorica to tone down her packing for their trip, he also ran to town and confronted the police detective for taking all the credit for Victorica's detective work and forced him to take Victorica out on his new yacht as compensation. He has more moxie than most characters of his ilk. Victorica is a fantastic character, with a great look and a talented voice actress doing her voice. I look forward to delving into the back-story of our little goth-loli detective girl!
Meddigo said:
That main male character is really going to piss me off if all he's going to do is be a buttmonkey with no personality.

3/5

Hope next episode is better... or at least they explain why all the school kids are scared of the Japanese kid.

Well, he already refused to let her take the huge pile of luggage with them. (Though I expect that he will discover that they really did need all of it in the long run, which will be a fun "told you so" moment for Victorica...) I was pleasantly surprised that he appears to have some backbone and is not a personality free buttmonkey. Oh well, opinions differ...

And they already explained why everyone is afraid of him, it is because of a school urban legend/ghost story about the springtime transfer student bringing death with them. (The "Springtime Reaper", though they call him the "Dark Reaper" because of his complexion and dark hair and eyes.) Though, in the manga he wonders how this even applies to him, since he has been there for 6 months at the time and did not transfer in spring. (It is explained that they really like their ghost stories and will bend them to fit, unfortunately for him...)
Cashdaxxx said:
It's good for an opening episode...

and yeah btw..

WAS THAT TITANIC?!?!?!

It was the:
desolatoJan 20, 2011 2:23 PM
Jan 11, 2011 12:56 PM

Oct 2009
Nice first episode, it caught my interest. I found myself watching the backgrounds a lot, especially in the garden scenes-very beautiful.

And I do agree that Kujo is not like the typical wimpy characters of late, he has already shown more backbone than many of his peers. Hopefully he continues in that fashion.

Victorique does remind me of Shinku ^_^

Jan 11, 2011 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Huh, this part was a lot better than I remembered it being from the book. It wasn't the best thing ever, but it didn't drag like I expected it to.

To those complaining about the mystery in this episode, like others have said, it's just an intro to provide the setup for a larger mystery; it's not meant to be anything special on its own.

I can't wait until the next episode comes out too; I've been waiting for this arc to come out since I finished a certain maritime DS mystery game. Should be fun.

Aside from that, I loved the opening, and Greville's hair was as weird as ever. Gotta wonder where he goes to get that done...
Jan 11, 2011 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
This was one of the better first episodes this season, and it was actually really gripping. I'm liking Victorique as a character so far, and I'm wondering how this series will go, whether it'll be episodic or if it'll have any main plot. Either way, I'm looking forward to the mysteries.
Jan 12, 2011 12:29 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one who didn't like the ED? xD

Ah, I did enjoy it, but I wish they'd have done the first mystery in the manga that explains his shinigami title.. or at least mentioned it..
I like the anime Victorique more than the manga one! She might go on my list of favs due to her similarities to Bernkastel.. if only she was cruel. D:

I'll follow it, but I am expecting a lot from Bones! They better start making it better by the second episode!
Jan 12, 2011 12:55 AM

Jan 2009
aiJenni said:
Lol I agree!
The main difference, in Shiki, having weird hair was normal.
Here, everyone knows that Grevil's got weird hair.
desolatoJan 24, 2011 8:51 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 12, 2011 2:19 AM

Oct 2010
zensunni said:
It was the:
Funny enough it was also part of the fortune tellers fortune prophecy so I think this may be the final key of solving that mystery of this arc but hoping the other mysteries getter better and more dangerous TBH.
desolatoJan 24, 2011 8:50 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2011 2:58 AM
Jun 2008
Oosran said:
The main difference, in Shiki, having weird hair was normal.
Here, everyone knows that Grevil's got weird hair.
weird hair in Shiki is normal lol.Its seem having black hair in this Anime is abnormal ><
desolatoJan 24, 2011 8:50 AM
Jan 12, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Iilia said:
QFT. I thought the exact same thing. "Did this guy jump out of Shiki, or what?" Great minds think alike! XD
Make that 3... :P I thought the exact same thing. Actually he reminded me of the Kirishiki dude.

Anywayz, I liked the art and the animation was good too. It felt a bit rushed.. it jumped to the main plot so quickly taking many things in granted so i was a little WTF here and there. But overall it was nice. What is better is the atmosphere that it gives away, funny and mysterious too. Love that.
I adored the ED song <3333 Amazing O.O
desolatoJan 24, 2011 8:51 AM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 12, 2011 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
The beginning seems interesting, slow but interesting. Waiting for next one.
Jan 12, 2011 4:05 PM

Oct 2010
ozwell said:
Also, what the hell is a fortune teller doing with a mansion?
She predicted fortunes of rich people and thus got lots of money to get the mansion? It can also be a inheritance.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
What the...?

Uhm, I like Victorique... It was okay, I guess.

Jan 13, 2011 1:40 AM

May 2010
why does studio deen's anime almost always have weird (IMO) opening and ending themes? oh well... :P

i think i've read/watched a lot of mystery stories and i wasn't surprised of how the murder turned out.. but there are more mysteries so i'm staying tuned..
this is BONES after all.. :)
Jan 13, 2011 2:13 AM

Mar 2010
Intriguing concept and characters. Not to mention the art and music are amazing.
The whole "shot through the keyhole" thing reminded me of that Haruhi episode. I didnt even get to enjoy the moment where Victorica solved it because I knew exactly what had happened as soon as they showed the maid shooting the door.
Jan 13, 2011 2:17 AM
Dec 2010
I love GOSICK, it reminds me of Rozen Maiden, they also wear really cute and elegant outfits, and Victorique is so cute! She reminds me of Shinku <3

I love the opening!!
Jan 13, 2011 8:23 AM

Nov 2009
It says on the database this started at dec 27 2010.

How come there has not been any more episodes then?
Is this going to be just a short OVA or some thing?

@Edit
OK... should have read the other thread. So the database wrong then.
Jan 13, 2011 8:30 AM
Apr 2009
I was disappointed. Pre-season, this was one of the only shows I was looking forward to, but I didn't like anything about it besides the fact that it's a mystery. The art looked better in the picture on the MAL page, I didn't like any of the characters (especially not Victorique...), and the whole thing was just too goofy.
Jan 13, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Poor hares. =(

Really, really, REALLY nice vibe this show has. Very interesting setting and nice characters. Victorique is so cute rolling around on the floor like that. She really looks like a doll. The main protagonist is good as well. No bland male lead this time around.

also; OMG, dat hair. O_O

Jan 13, 2011 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
This could prove to be interesting.
Jan 13, 2011 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
Looks interesting :)
I like the OP as well~
It's caught my interests c:
Jan 14, 2011 7:37 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty average episode. Maid killer was obvious but I am pretty skeptical about the bullet through keyhole method. Firstly, the fortune teller looked through the keyhole and was shot when looking through the keyhole, the bullet in her eye was proof. She did not move from the keyhole before being shot. If she did push herself or moved before she was shot, the bullet would not have went through her eye but probably her body or at least deviated a few centimeters. It is also highly unlikely she managed to move to such a far position after being shot, and the bullet impact would be insufficient to cause her to move to a distance such that she would not obstruct the door. Which is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. The old woman must have the weight of a dozen sumo's to push it so far back. Nevertheless, I hope future episodes will be better.
Doubt Doubt.
Jan 14, 2011 7:39 AM
May 2009
So far I am caught, Its interesting, detective with history and cute girl.
Jan 14, 2011 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
The ending song is so pretty <3
I like this first episode, i think the anime is going to be good even though i didn't read the light novels. Vic is so cute & she reminds me of Alice from Pandora Hearts, especially the part where's she's locked in the library & the way she acted when she was in the city XD
So cute ~
But the boy is a little bit bleh, no personality.
Jan 14, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2010
This took me by surprise! I was bored in the beginning but then it picked up. Hope it keeps up.
Jan 14, 2011 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
this is interesting. So this a detective type story?
Jan 14, 2011 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
yet again bones makes a mediocre anime that people go gaga over...
Jan 14, 2011 8:57 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, interesting episode. Don't really know that much about the characters yet, the mystery was interesting ...
All right, did anyone else think of Ace Attorney? Mysteries that need to be solved (and get solved), Daryan with that hairstyle ... "reconstructing" with Little Thief? O_O
Both OP and ED were very enjoyable IMO
The landscapes are really pretty IMO. Character designs are good too but a little odd o_O
Anyways, hoping that this will be a good anime ^_^
Jan 15, 2011 12:32 PM
Dec 2010
this anime is really interesting.
Jan 15, 2011 3:22 PM

May 2010
pretty good start
i think im gonna enjoy this one
and victorique is really cute so there lol

~Nyaaa~

Jan 15, 2011 10:47 PM

Mar 2010
That was spectacular! I actually seemed to have found an anime that 'has' a story! I actually think ''Gosick'' will be a great anime for this year! I know we still have a long way to go, but starting this year with a good anime will definitely be a positive thing for me. Actually, everyone I'm sure, and I think this anime will do just the job. The animation in the anime is so amazing! I thought I might just watch it 6 or 7 more times just to look at the scenery! (^.^) As i've said, the story is actually a story! The characters are what i'd call, ''interesting''. Overall, I think this anime will not only be a great start to the new year, but will go down as one of the best anime this year! Looking forward to the next!
Jan 18, 2011 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
And now I'm bored again xD
Jan 19, 2011 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
Victorique is just adorable!

As for the haters, no need to comment on how you didn't like the certain aspects of the show. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. There's no need to rip on the show just because it didn't really appeal you.

I think I'm going to enjoy this series! XD

Is anyone able to make a .gif of Victorique rolling?
EchoesOfManaJan 19, 2011 7:16 PM
Jan 20, 2011 8:03 AM
Feb 2009
adorable loli n great op n end theme.... thats all i can remember about this ep... o.o
oblivious is a bliss
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.