Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2010 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jack the Ripper? Didn't expect him to be in the series...
But what we all expected was the obvious return of Dio, and his weird friend.
New ally for Jojo? Whatever happened to that one random guy a few chapters ago?
Eh, we'll see...
Sep 28, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
Jack the Ripper was already mentioned in previous chapters (right after the time skip I think). Erina will probably be the victim now, since Dio wants a female victim.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
Yes, I think Erina is a dead body walking by now.

And who the f*ck is that guy? He seems to be extremely powerful. It's nice to see both of the sides getting stronger.
Jul 9, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
So Jojo gained a new ally. Probably he will train Jojo to confront Dio.
Apr 10, 2016 1:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Zeppeli looks weird in the manga, idk...

4/5
May 6, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Hell yeah Zeppeli!!
Nov 14, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2008
Everybody is buffed in this manga.
Dec 18, 2017 6:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Zeppeli Baron, a new character!!! :/
Feb 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Jan 2018
Well, a new ally and punching is A way to make allies, I wonder how he knows so much?!

Apr 29, 2018 9:39 AM

Feb 2017
I thought Zeppeli was a villain at first glance.
May 10, 2018 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
Zeppeli acts like such a weirdo.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:13 PM

May 2016
It's nice that they managed to include Jack the Ripper into the Jojoverse as an underling of Beef Jerky Dio, the Jack of Darkness with his nurse Jiang-shi. I didn't even recognize the guy when he attacked Jonathan's carriage in the anime.

Being stared at by youthful old man eating an egg sandwich while digging up for artifacts in the ruins of your own home and having him jump to you with his knees to dig his pinky into your lung-deep into your chest that subsequently fixed your broken arm truly does look bizarre but it was strangely entertaining to see Zeppeli like this again.

Dec 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Feb 2013
Dio found a dangerous ally, Jack the Ripper!
Wow, Zeppeli healed his wounds like it was nothing.
May 27, 2019 7:26 AM

Sep 2018
Jack the Ripper is a JoJo character. Jack the Ripper is a JoJo character. Jack the Ripper is a bloody JoJo character! I love this series.
Donphan-senpaiAug 13, 2019 8:07 AM
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Sep 4, 2019 3:38 AM

Jun 2016
From the moments that we saw Dio healing from a gunshot to the head, or having his flesh heal faster than fire burned him I was under the impression that he would heal from all of his wounds naturally. That's not completely off the table now, but he has specified that the only way he will heal is through some very energetic life sucking. I don't fully get it but I presume the damages he took were so extreme that for some reason it surpasses his natural healing abilities. The alternative is that he needs to have sucked life energy for his healing to even work which retrospectively makes a lot of sense as I suppose that may be what it’s for. Either way, Dio needs easily controllable and loyal servants, his first being the poison seller as he's being pushed around in his decrepit state. What this suggests to me is that he would not want to create somebody using the mask despite how unstoppable that would make him as there is no way to control someone like that. For now I think we can be comfortable with the fact that he will probably be creating a zombie army, and we've already seen Jonathan take out a zombie from the mansion. I do wonder about the fact that Dio seemed to scout out Jack the Ripper as another evil man like him, yet I don't think evil disposition would matter if they're made into a zombie. Definitely curious.

On the flip side, Jonathan went to the rubble of the mansion looking for the mask to make sure it doesn't get back into the world. He almost convinced himself that it had broken in the rubble, yet a stranger was there to make sure he knew the truth. Zeppeli is interesting. He knows about the mask and about the events that happened that night. Further, he seemed to have put on a show for Jonathan by teleporting in front of him, by doing inhuman jumps, by healing his broken arm like he was Kenshiro pushing a pressure point. He was also casually preparing and eating sandwiches like he could spawn them out of nowhere. I suppose if he wanted to convince Jonathan of his powers then the best way to do that is by showing him. But if he knows so much and is an ally as he says, why was he not there that night? How does he know so much and how is he linked to the mask? He could have retrieved the mask himself, he could have helped Jonathan, did he only find out after Dio had been resurrected? There’s a lot of questions here.

I must say there was a parallel, Jonathan and Dio both hurt, both with someone at their side to literally help them walk. Both picking up new allies, and those allies being quite striking themselves. A ruthless murder, and a powerful and strange magic man.
Nov 24, 2019 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
That Dio & Jack the Ripper bit was intriguing, and another weirdo appeared. That Zeppeli seems to know some things.
Jan 28, 2021 5:15 AM

Sep 2011
Both Dio and Jojo have a new ally. Zeppeli is so gracious
Nov 8, 2023 6:58 PM

Apr 2020
Dude came straight from circus

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.