Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 4:02 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WOW its so interesting! hmm that guy reminds me of some1... lets jus say the guy in the anime was WAY BETTER! haha well anyway that was alittle messed up of him to chase them ALL the way there till dark! i can believe that girl still likes him... a bit . . X3 anyway it was a great anime!
Dec 17, 2010 11:41 AM
Jun 2010
I don't get it. Ichika transformed but didn't do anything? And why didn't that guy just say what he wanted to say instead of chasing them? Overall this ep was just ok.
Jul 20, 2011 7:01 PM

May 2009
Yeah, me neither, I don't think her transforming did anything.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 1, 2012 11:58 PM

Feb 2008
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Yeah, me neither, I don't think her transforming did anything.

Besides showing that fur thing coming out of her vagina? Yeah, I also don't think it did anything.
Sep 3, 2012 3:44 AM

Aug 2010
LostWhispers said:
I don't get it. Ichika transformed but didn't do anything? And why didn't that guy just say what he wanted to say instead of chasing them? Overall this ep was just ok.

i agree....she transformed for nothing at all what did she plan to do anyway....

i think the same happened with Sai and Kai and they had to unlock the 12 Djin powers...
Dec 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
I totally agree with everyone about how Ichika's transformation did nothing. All she did was become a celestial maiden and emit some light. I hope she actually does something with her powers instead of just showing them off :/

Ryou sure is a hot-headed guy o_o he chased the girls into the woods and even ripped Ichika's shirt off. All that just for some advice? Really? The drama seemed kinda forced in this episode.

That other lady is pretty sketchy.
Noodle070Dec 1, 2014 3:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 3:36 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was ok, though i agree that the drama was kind of forced. the djinn transformation didn't look as pretty as episode 1's. looks like sei and kai know something about the djinns.
Jun 1, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
LOOK AT MY LIGHT!!

Those two guys definitely know what's going on and know some serious shit is about to go down.
Sep 1, 2019 5:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The transformation did nothing to her except shining ? Ryou is clearly toxic he deserved to be beat
Sep 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2012
>anime explicitly mentions Ichika will feel what the spirits feel, ie expanding her conscience and realise both her limitations and her possibilities
>everyone: wut, she just shines?

The show made clear from the start Ichika will go on an inner journey to the Self (as shown by the Yin-Yang pendant), both through grounded elements that are comparable to Kannagi, and through a wholistic dimension not unlike Arjuna. As a re-enacting of the magical girl trope, the show feels quite modern in shifting the usual magic fight against evil into a struggle between an individual and their dasein. Not sure why anyone expects superpowers at this point.
Jun 13, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2018
It seems that Ichika's friends really have their own lives, and their own views on things in life.. I'm not too sure if they are close friends in the end.. It doesn't look like so.. But it's also interesting to see not the best relationship as well.. Hopefully, everything will be alright.. Everyone just looks a bit evil, to be honest..
Wonder, how much Sei knew about this item.. When he presented it to Ichika..
Well.. Ichika doesn't have to tell anything more about Manatsu, really.. Like, it's their own business, how they talk between themselves, she doesn't have to create any lies or anything.. "Just person I hang out with" - and that's it.. Why she creates lies, really - no idea.. But well - I guess, she just went with some lie impulsively.. But really, if anything, she in the end still can just say that it's her relationship with Manatsu, and doesn't want to talk about it anymore, and that's it..
Will we get 12 transformations?.. Damn, that's a lot of transformations, budget well spent, I'd say.. ;P
Well.. I guess, even if this all situation seemed strange.. It actually makes sense.. Just that guy and Ichika's friend indeed had love fight.. And so guy was on angry emotions, so that's why was pushy, and even out of frustration attacked the other guy.. In the end, I hope, they won't be bothering Ichika and Manatsu anymore with this.. Indeed they better keep their love fights to themselves, not go hurting people around..
These girls really like flying, hm?.. ;P I think we got used to seeing many super powers and stuff in anime.. So maybe it can seem nothing special to us.. But for some reason both flying in first episode, and now.. These little miracles of sun light and moon light.. They're dreamy to me.. It's like being in a dream, really.. How you can feel very good just by flying.. For some reason, this anime is able to touch me with its' little miracles, and make me feel dreamy myself.. ;P
Oct 18, 2021 8:30 PM
Dec 2017
I personally found the transformations interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 12 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 21, 2011

10 by bizor »»
Jun 20, 2023 9:40 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 9 Discussion

GlennMagusHarvey - Jul 20, 2011

16 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 7 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 27, 2011

10 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 5 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

12 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Uta Kata Episode 8 Discussion

VampireLord - Sep 3, 2012

10 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.