Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 19, 2022 7:16 AM

Apr 2018
Yang is gone.

I just can't believe it.

A part of me died with this episode.
MihaeroffMar 19, 2022 7:19 AM
Mar 28, 2022 3:30 AM

Jul 2019
I hate the fact that only preview i watched in this anime was episode 82 preview...

Yang Wen-Li was the guy who made me love this series. RIP
Mar 28, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
What an amazing episode, the ending was really surprising and hit hard.

I can't believe he would go out like that :(
Apr 15, 2022 11:21 PM
Apr 2016
RIP GOAT - Miracle Yang TwT
May 13, 2022 10:50 AM
Jul 2020
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK TT^TT
Jun 15, 2022 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
:O

one of the things that makes this episode one of the best:
1. even though the narrator stupidly spoilered yang's death by commenting this is going to be last time julian will see yang, following his stupidly commenting couple of episodes ago about their last night together, and more death flags, yang's death still made so much impact on me.
2. the direction of this episode was true masterpiece. the director just knew how to make intense moments. the whole flow of things - andrew and his ship, the "empire's" soldiers, the battle afterwards, was beautifully done.

i putted "" on the empire's words on purpose, as i suspect they were rouged soldiers that did what they wanted. or more exactly, it might be earth cult play.
wonder though if reinhard predicted it.

yang's death truly is what makes LOGTH one of the best anime ever, it didn't afraid to kill main character, kinda easily, in even non-battle action. not in some dramatic death, with the hero's last words with sad OST in the background. but realistic death that comes from nowhere, with only his thoughts fading in the air.

9 paged for this episode.
MAL sure knows how ton respect good character.
Jul 27, 2022 10:18 PM
Jun 2022
That’s the irony of history… sometimes legends die common deaths…

Thank you for everything, Yang. You’ll always be the best there was. RIP.

The Magician Never Returned…
Aug 28, 2022 10:18 PM
Dust collector

Sep 2021
I'M LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW
Oct 14, 2022 12:35 AM
Oct 2022
Nov 3, 2022 3:22 PM
Mar 2017
It really speaks wonders of how masterful this show is, despite it being heavily spoiled by the narrator and how many times the series alluded to him dying since the start of season 2, people still come here after all this time to comment on how big of a mark this episode is to them, the show as a whole and the character himself

Been watching it with a friend of mine since July and we've been fascinated with yang to the point of studying more and understanding the importance of politics and knowledge of history thanks to the show and himself, seeing him die off like a nobody to a random soldier really highlights that there is no glory in warfare and the main themes of the show being the futility of large scale conflict when the universe's greatest man dies like a Mook

I can't even begin to think on how the show will run for 30 more episodes without one of it's main protags, but I'm all for it, I just need a few days to recover from this episode...
Nov 19, 2022 9:05 AM

Oct 2019
The episode that defined this series as a masterpiece for me.
Dec 13, 2022 3:54 PM

May 2018
Now that's one of the worst ways to go out... rip Yang Wengli. Even though he had lots of plot armour, I respect him a lot! Hope Julian doesn't get too affected
Jan 26, 2023 1:44 AM

Aug 2018
What an emotional and unexpectancy feel giving episode,
I feel like it needs to be deconstructed :

You can feel troughout whole episode episode the tension of the negotiation meeting getting closer and closer hoping that by the end of episode Yang and Reinhard will meet eye to eye again.

But unfortunately some unexpected things manage to foil that, part of blame goes to El Facil representatives who had no business being there at all.

Andrew Fork's attempt went as expected, he simply thought its gonna be that easy to it and his death was just barely worthy to be taken in any way, sad and pathetic...

The invasion of the ship and whole shootout was done superbly, Schonkopf best men died there and then unfortunately one more character was left alone. Yang's final moments are just touching and humble, we expect to see a death of a commander in some sort of blown up spaceship dying like a hero but this here just shows how in war death can be so simple and unfortunate. It came when least expected and thats the whole beauty of it, Yang's character was phenomenal troughout the series so far and this kind of death just makes it all the more admirable.

Absolutely one of the most memorable and saddest deaths in anime along with one of the best episode titles of all time.
Mar 10, 2023 2:10 AM

Jul 2017
I will never recover from this episode, and especially, from this death.
I'll miss you so much, Yang...
''Touch the darkness inside me''
May 7, 2023 5:39 AM
Dec 2020
RIP Miracle Yang <3
May 8, 2023 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
Neemesis_2 said:
I will never recover from this episode, and especially, from this death.
I'll miss you so much, Yang...

That's how we all felt. But, it does get better with time. Time heals all wounds. 
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 7, 2023 6:02 PM
Sep 2022
Just finished the episode minutes ago and Holy shit... Like I knew Yang would die eventually because the narrator was saying all this ominous stuff, but like this and before he even talks with Reinhard? Yang was practically the protagonist in my eyes, so I guess the show will mainly follow Reinhard now... Frederica and Julian's reaction to this will be heartbreaking... 

Phenomenal episode, I teared up and got chills during the final scene.
Jul 13, 2023 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 12, 2023 6:09 AM
Sep 2016
If you were shot in the leg that wouldn't normally happen i think. These laser guns must let out more blood i think.
Aug 28, 2023 6:34 PM

Sep 2017
As someone who is rooting for the imperials....i was very sad to see Yang go, he was a very decent & honorable man with a good heart thrust into shitty circumstances.

Yang wenli i salute you.

o7
Oct 16, 2023 8:15 PM

Aug 2020
Considering Yang Wenli was a straight up Gary Stu completely protected by plot armor and convenient mess-ups from the Imperial side, I am surprised. And by a shoot on the leg...

Oct 16, 2023 8:25 PM

Aug 2020
Still, I just can't bring myself to feel bad about it. I mean, the dude was a good character and all, but I just didn't really care. His motivations were slightly bland, and mostly based on how democracy is awesome. Still an impactful episode somehow.

Oct 16, 2023 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to KitsuFrost
Still, I just can't bring myself to feel bad about it. I mean, the dude was a good character and all, but I just didn't really care. His motivations were slightly bland, and mostly based on how democracy is awesome. Still an impactful episode somehow.
@KitsuFrost

it never seemed to me that Yang thought that democracy was awesome, it was more like the worst democracy is still better than the best dictatorship, an even then Yang clearly seems conflicted about it after meeting Reinhard
Oct 17, 2023 5:20 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to silversaint
@KitsuFrost

it never seemed to me that Yang thought that democracy was awesome, it was more like the worst democracy is still better than the best dictatorship, an even then Yang clearly seems conflicted about it after meeting Reinhard
@silversaint

Yes, That's true. He even mentions it (quote borrowed from Churchill btw), but I just couldn't see more in his motivations. He states in the beginning he didn't even want to join the Aliance, and that his objective was being a History professor. Still, he never seems to at least show some regret or remorse over all the deaths he causes (some even from civilians). His writing didn't click with me.

Oct 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to KitsuFrost
@silversaint

Yes, That's true. He even mentions it (quote borrowed from Churchill btw), but I just couldn't see more in his motivations. He states in the beginning he didn't even want to join the Aliance, and that his objective was being a History professor. Still, he never seems to at least show some regret or remorse over all the deaths he causes (some even from civilians). His writing didn't click with me.
@KitsuFrost

its fine if you dont like Yang, he is supposed to be a flawed character, ill say this though Yang does show regret an remorse over the people he has killed an thats the reason why he wonders if its fair for him to persuit happiness, if he didnt he d have confessed to Fredererica much much earlier, the show doesnt focus on that too much though (its clealry shown for a bit in the middle of the Vermillion Battle), its more like he keeps that to himself since he is leader an he isnt allowed to show weakness
Dec 17, 2023 5:45 PM
Aug 2022
While I got spoiled that Yang wouldn't survive till the end of the series, I did not expect that his end would be in this manner.... 😢

Personally, what bothered me the most wasn't the fact Yang died, or the fact that he did not die in a blaze of glory. It was the fact that he got shot merely in the leg, and the wound itself did not appear to be fatal. What is he, Achilles? That the damned bastard who shot Yang ended up like Paris, killing the hero by striking down his literal Achilles heel?! Huh? I get the idea of Yang's death being the result of him bleeding to death, but there has to be a better way to show it than this....

I seriously hope that when Die Neue These finally adapts this episode, Production IG better depict a more convincing fatal injury than what we got for the OVA. Or at least have Yang survive a few minutes longer so he could say a last goodbye to Julian.
Jan 20, 9:39 PM
Jul 2023
One of my favorite things about this series is how I can see the deaths coming but they still catch me off guard. I thought Yang would die maybe halfway through season 4 then Julian would finish the war. Nope. Yang's early passing caught me even more off guard than Kircheis.
Mar 18, 2:26 AM
May 2023
Wait, Yang died!?!?! I don't know how I can recover from this. Oh crap.

Oh yeah, if you don't realize at this point, please don't watch the episode preview otherwise you will be spoiled.
Mar 26, 4:59 AM

Aug 2018
The episode that conditioned me to weep whenever I see the number 82.

10 years later, still waiting for the magician to return :n:
Apr 1, 8:55 PM
Sep 2020
Yang was too good for this world; all he wanted to do was study history
Apr 3, 6:41 AM
Apr 2021
I was very shocked by this episode but Yang died as he lived, apathetically.

No sense of urgency at all even when being shot at.

Such a boring character. Had the same expression on his face for 82 episodes. What an easy character to animate.

Good riddance. My biggest disappointment in losing him is now I may have to see even more of Julien in the remaining episodes.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.