Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awwwww.

Very sweet and sad at the same time. SLKDFJLDKLSDKFS

Hana to Akuma was definitely an enjoyable manga to follow. I'm not sure I would re-read it, but still a nice series.

But seriously what is with this lack of Vivi and Hana interaction? Wedding seemed rushed (and not very wedding-like), but I guess the main focus of this chp was the very end. :)
Dec 9, 2010 5:47 PM

May 2010
Wah, I wasn't expecting to completely skip their married life. I shed a little tear at the end. Not at all the sort of ending I was expecting. Sort of going along with the theme of "all flowers will wilt for Vivi."

Yes, not my absolute favorite series either, and the strange art put me off for a while, but still sweet.
Dec 10, 2010 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
Yknow, I was never 100% sold on this series, it was cute, but sometimes a little drawn out and sometimes Hana was a little too stupid and sometimes things were a little too perfect but goddamn, the ending was, perfect, and hell, I have a new found respect for this series.

Well played, Hisamu Oto, well played.
Dec 10, 2010 1:11 AM

Oct 2010
i agree. i love the ending since it didn't follow the typical, cliche ending.

i was expecting hana to become immortal somehow like every other shoujo manga where the heroine falls in love with a demon. so when i finally read chapter 58, i was really surprised. i greatly respect the mangaka for having hana living a happy life with vivi then dying of old age. it was a bittersweet yet perfect ending for this manga.
Dec 10, 2010 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
i shed a tear. and almost cried :)

the ending wasvery good compared to other shoujo mangas. :)

<3
Dec 10, 2010 1:47 AM

May 2010
silvermoon8573 said:
i agree. i love the ending since it didn't follow the typical, cliche ending.

i was expecting hana to become immortal somehow like every other shoujo manga where the heroine falls in love with a demon. so when i finally read chapter 58, i was really surprised. i greatly respect the mangaka for having hana living a happy life with vivi then dying of old age. it was a bittersweet yet perfect ending for this manga.

Agreed. I was waiting around for Hana to pop up looking as young as ever, because Vivi somehow made her immortal. And then she's dead and buried! What kind of a shoujo ending is this??!!??

Kudos to the author for not feeding us a cliche.

(Now if only she could improve her art a little.... XD )
Dec 10, 2010 2:55 AM

Apr 2010
Oh dear...
I'm a bit sad it ended like this. I wanted Hana to be immortal and not see her hand old and ugly. :l

And the children are named Anzu and Yamabuki, aren't they? I love it that they can touch flowers. :)

Dec 10, 2010 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
Saw spoilers for the ending, cried anyway. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I've been reading this series for so long that my overall feelings for it are complicated. The ending was perfect to me because it looked like Hana lived a happy life and on Vivi still had meaning to his life after she died.

BEGINNER
Dec 10, 2010 3:49 AM

Feb 2010
good ending i'm glad that hana died as a human even they skipped the entire marriage. thump up for the suprise ending.
Dec 10, 2010 4:51 AM
Nov 2008
A happy yet very sad ending [ ironic isn't it?] As much as I like a non-cliche ending , i preffer happy endings over sad ones...and THIS one made me cry...yet a great manga,loved it.
Dec 10, 2010 7:41 AM

Dec 2007
Rushed wedding. Rushed 75-80 years or something like that time skip. Very poor selection of last page (a close-up of Hana's grave... wasn't there any better choices involving the the other characters visiting it?)

It wasn't a bad chapter, since at least they did held a wedding for some pages, Hana and Vivi's kids discussion was funny was interesting (lol at hana's "I wanna have Vivi's kids as soon as I can!" and the other spewing their drinks) and there was a closure regarding the lifespan difference; but it could have been much better.
Dec 10, 2010 10:36 AM

Feb 2008
that was bitter sweet.......maybe there will be a spinoff or a sequel.
Dec 10, 2010 12:23 PM

Aug 2007
The flower that brought a smile to the demon's face. Damn, nice ending, seriously, very nice. This is what an ending is like. Yes, both Hana and Vivi got what they wanted, but they also knew that this was going to happen. Guess that was also the reason why Hana shed a tear when Vivi told her that she didn't need to commemorate those days.

Yes, rushed, but awesome done for an shoujo manga. 5/5
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 10, 2010 1:22 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Even though as everyone said the wedding was rushed , I think the main point of this chapter was more like the overall feeling than expand everything (though indeed , for a sec I thought there was a page or 2 missing from the wedding cause the scenes changed too fast but still , it was ok xD)

The ending was rly touching and sad . You know it's coming but you rly hope they'll find a solution as she'd live forever with him . (And I find the thought of her only aging kinda disturbing since everyone else would be as young as always . Poor her.) It's a pity to see her die =/ And sad ;.;

And I highly doubt there's a sequel unless she rises as a zombie or something which would be kinda anticlimatic after such an ending xD And continuing the story without her or with their kids ... well mehh , I still prefer not .
Dec 11, 2010 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
I really liked the ending, and I think the series ended up better for it. Bittersweet sure, but it seems like Hana and Vivi had a happy life, and I think the fact that their time together was 'limited' made it even more special.
Dec 11, 2010 10:26 AM

Aug 2007
I was kinda hoping they wouldn't skip ahead, and just let us all ASSUME and ending ^^;

After reading this from day one, I almost feel....cheated? I don't know how else to describe it. I mean, I KNEW she was going to die, but did they have to SHOW it?

*sniffles* This will take me all weekend to get over. If I ever read this series again, it stops at 57.

Dec 15, 2010 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
I actually liked the fact this chapter was rushed by the scene was the end felt slow because it kind of showed how things go so quickly but memories stay forever, so it really did emphasise the quote at the end.

But damn i proper cried ;_;
Dec 16, 2010 11:48 PM

Aug 2009
i cried my heart out for the ending TT^TT. i was never attached to the series until like the ENDING omg..and i was also thinking that she'll become immoral and live with Vivi "forever and ever" but nooo...shes dead...i thought that was really sad. oh man. now my eyes are super swollen. TT^TT
Dec 17, 2010 5:03 AM

Jun 2009
I cried. Wahhh It was so sad. Especially seeing Hana's grave, it made me cry so hard.
Nice to see Hana's and Vivi's kids, they look like copy and paste of Vivi and Hana. Overall, this manga is such a sweet series. Well I agree on the wedding being rushed, but I think its okay. Awesome manga <3

Dec 21, 2010 7:07 AM

Jan 2008
Elfana said:
I really liked this ending. It was sad, but also beautiful. It was nice to see Vivi and Hana's kids :3

I would say that too. I was sad because mangaka showed us the end of Hana life, but she was happy the whole time she was with Vivi, so that's the most important thing here ;)
Jan 14, 2011 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised by the ending to this. All in all this was a really enjoyable shoujo series.

I hope it will be released state-side some day.
Jan 25, 2011 2:04 PM
May 2009
I cried so much when reading this! It was soooo sweet and lovely and and and... she dieeeeeed ;(;( it was so happy sad endng, which I just loooooved. But stil cried. Still crying even when writing it.... I'm to emotional for my own good...

Peace! Love! and Flowers!!
just to sum up this manga;P
Jan 27, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
Definitely sad, but somehow still the perfect ending. I don't usually like when manga or anime become realistic, but this manga was awesome. In the end they were all happy, so it all ended well... in a way. They had kids and everything, so I'm sure Hana was happy and so are they. I mean how often would someone find a demon who falls in love with you and loves you till the end...or a human for that matter. I loved the manga!!!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 29, 2011 12:55 AM
Aug 2009
omg... I shed manly tears, great manga!

but it's a bit of a shame that Hana died, I would've prefer to see the last chapter fully focused on the wedding instead of rushing the wedding and making an ending which displays her death. It leaves you a sad feeling and happy feeling at the same time... really really would've prefered an ending where Hana is still alive, living all happily with Vivi. (something like Suzuka ending, also a great manga)

Despite all this, I really enjoyed this manga, still a 10/10!!!
Jun 12, 2011 5:25 AM
Jun 2011
This is manga that has affected me the most - and trust me, i've read hundreds of mangas. It was absolutely beautiful - and whilst the artwork wasnt amazingly extraordinary, and at times the plot was rather dragged out, the ending was absolutely perfect. It wasn't a total shoujo cliche - and i was left satisfied and content. But also totally heartbroken. So what, other readers shed a tear? well i sobbed my heart out! we followed Hana from the moment she was born, untill the moment she died - how could it not affect the reader.it absolutely broke my heart to see that happen, but it was a beautiful ending! Well played....
Jul 9, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this so much. I was actually kinda glad they didn't drag out the wedding, I wanted to know what happened after they were married.

The ending was perfect. I don't usually like endings like this, but that image of Vivi standing there at Hana's grave was so powerful. Heartbreaking, but beautiful.

Aug 13, 2011 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
it only took me 2 1/2day to finish this manga because it wuz so good that i keep on reading. for me i didnt think Hana wuz goin to die cuz i thought Vivi would make her in2 a demon. but at least Hana left Vivi kids so he wont be lonely without her. but i wish the ending wuz different but it alright.
Sep 26, 2011 12:50 AM

Jun 2007
I've been thinking a lot about the ending and I know it was a good twist but I was just so shocked. I did want the cliche ending and see them together forever (after them saying it over and over again I started to believe in those words...). I think what made the ending shocking for me was that it all went so fast. If the mangaka had showed us Vivi handling their babies (would've been hilarious) or him seeing Hana even more beautiful as she aged and kissing her wrinkles, etc. I wouldnt have such a problem with that ending. I'm just overwhelmed u_u
Still 9/10 :)
Oct 25, 2011 7:08 PM
Feb 2011
gaarazz said:
This is manga that has affected me the most - and trust me, i've read hundreds of mangas. It was absolutely beautiful - and whilst the artwork wasnt amazingly extraordinary, and at times the plot was rather dragged out, the ending was absolutely perfect. It wasn't a total shoujo cliche - and i was left satisfied and content. But also totally heartbroken. So what, other readers shed a tear? well i sobbed my heart out! we followed Hana from the moment she was born, untill the moment she died - how could it not affect the reader.it absolutely broke my heart to see that happen, but it was a beautiful ending! Well played....

I make your words mine! I mean, I really cried after reading mangas like Boku no Hatsukoi Kimi ni wo sasagu, but they didn't put an end like Hana to Akuma, they all let it kind of hanging so you choose the ending you like, but this time, I was so surprised, I mean, I was hoping for something like she died, ok, but maybe 2392839283 years later she was reborn, or idk, something that would make the words "together forever", but was just so bittersweet, I just hated how everytime I see Vivi in Hana's grave I start crying, it really thorned me apart
Oct 31, 2011 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
i can't believe it ended like that!
it was the most horrifyingly epic tear jerking ingenius and perfect ending i've read so far. i'm so emotionally attatched to all the characters that i can't put into words how i feel about the manga ending T.T
i so hope want NEED Hisamu Oto to make another masterpiece like this one Dx
Nov 6, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
hum. Well i felt sad but honestly, i think it was the best part of the whole manga, because it didnt turned out cliché and also, showed a realistic perspective.

Besides it was sad but its not like Vivi or Hana were unhappy. Hana died happy, and Vivi lived happily ever after with his kids;)

Besides if this had a sequel im sure it would be Hana as a guardian angel, lol.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 19, 2012 7:08 PM

Jun 2011
Sad but beautiful ending. My fave part would be the flashback of Vivi holding Hana's wrinkled hand while she's on her deathbed. That's just soo T_T That just shows how pure Vivi's love for Hana is.. Aww..

But deep inside my heart, I just wished that Hana would be immortal so that they could really be together forever. But I guess that would be cliche.. >.<

bittersweet like Tuck Everlasting (disney film)!
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Feb 2, 2012 2:14 AM
Apr 2009
Well... Ending was a big surprise, but I feel like there is something missing. I mean, it's insufficient for me. That's partly because I really wanted to see how they live and still... I am not satistied, but can't deny it's a really beautiful shoujo manga, which I enjoyed. It made me sad, which is unusual, because I'm not being affected by mangas very often.
After all Hana left Vivi part of herself.
Haha I agree with the most of you. I wished Hana had become immortal, because I wanted them to "live happily forever and ever" ;)
And at the very beginning of the story I couldn't get rid of the feeling that Vivi was a pedophile o.O xD
Tehanu-chiiFeb 2, 2012 2:59 AM
Feb 29, 2012 12:08 AM

Jan 2012
I'm sincerely relieved they didn't pulled a deus ex machina on us and made Hana a demon or something. I'm a big fan on these satisfying but bittersweet endings.

Really like the message that you should take every opportunity to cherish the moments you have with your loved ones and the fact that the best things in the world never lasts which is partly why we hold them so dear in the first place.
Apr 30, 2012 7:23 PM
Oct 2010
May 24, 2012 12:41 AM

Feb 2012
I would like to say that i was kinda expecting an ending like this ... but i was totally not ready for it.

Ending was sweet but tear jerking nonetheless. It couldn't have ended anymore perfect than what it was.
Kuro_no_KenshiMay 24, 2012 12:44 AM
Jun 11, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
What a beautiful, bittersweet ending.

There was a line in a previous chapter that I thought was really fitting. Something like, "Flowers [both Hana and actual flowers] only bloom for a short time, yet everyone loves them". If only the mangaka remembered that line and put it in the last chapter. But other than that, I loved the time skip and how they ended it.

8.5/10
Jun 11, 2012 4:49 PM
Mar 2009
That ending annoyed me soooooo much, I guess I just can't cope without a 'happy' ending..it just emphasizes the fact that the author was going for a more realistic ending.
Aug 9, 2012 7:33 PM
Aug 2008
Waaaaahhhhhh! I am so sad now... I wasn't expecting that, and I cried. I guess I was hoping that because she was left at the gate, there was some unknown demon that left her, and that she was a demon herself, so they could be together forever. Cliche I know, but still. I'm soo depressed... That's it, no more romance for awhile! I need a comedy!
Mar 26, 2013 9:56 PM
Apr 2012
The series itself was pretty average, but that ending was superb.
Jun 8, 2013 4:52 PM
Sep 2012
ilovebluebear16 said:
omg...did anyone else cried at the ending. It was so sad. I cried when Hana said that she wants to gave birth to Vivi's babies so that when she dies she Vivi wouldn't be alone. T~T
C:UsersZhouPicturesProfile Picsi love manga.gif
Jul 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Jun 2009
To be honest, I was expecting some kind of "fantastic" ending, you know, potions or spells to make her live forever as if she was a vampire and for them to live happily ever after the rest of their lives...

And even though that didn't happened at all, I wasn't disappointed. That ending was just so beautiful and heartbreaking ;_;
Aug 14, 2013 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
I loved this manga, but the ending really caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting that Hana would die! I mean we all knew that would happen eventually because she is human and Vivi isn't, but it was still super sad. I wish there was ore description on the wedding and I wish we had seen more of their married life but oh well. To me it was still a great manga! ^.^
Sep 29, 2013 1:53 AM
Aug 2009
i cried so hard...for that ending....I know it makes sense to be realistic and have such a heartbreaking ending but I Cant deal with it, its too sad....they could just left it without time skip and left it up to our imagination...its just too sad....

I dont care if everyone thinks the end was a masterpiece..to me i wish i had never seen it....its just too sad.
Feb 21, 2014 5:55 PM
Dec 2013
i just spolied myself fak u web
Feb 23, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2014
While I liked how the ending just kinda hits you, I still wished there was a more fairy tale ending...
( ; ^; ) huuuuuu...
《Twitter》 《Tumblr》
"Have you ever eaten figs? When you cut a fig in half, it looks like a heart—so some people say its bitter sweetness is like love.
But for me, the flavor of love tastes like the lousy cookies you made ..."

~Hana Yori Dango~
Mar 16, 2014 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
it was really nice to see how the author dealt with Hana's eventual death- children ( so that mc wouldn't destroy the world in a rampage). 9/10
Jun 16, 2014 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
Alumaki said:
i just spolied myself fak u web

same here, came here straight w/o reading the manga even chapter 1... how stupid of mine >_>
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Jul 17, 2014 8:53 AM
Mar 2013
Beautiful yet so sad ..
Jul 22, 2014 10:02 AM
May 2014
I've been holding the last 5 Chapters for months already because I was too afraid of the ending. I mustered the courage to finally finish the last 5 and I can say it is a great Manga. One of my favorites for life!

A bitter sweet ending!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hana to Akuma Chapter 4 Discussion

nehnehneji - May 16, 2009

2 by taflinder »»
Dec 7, 2021 2:43 AM

Poll: » Hana to Akuma Chapter 2 Discussion

nehnehneji - May 16, 2009

4 by taflinder »»
Dec 6, 2021 8:14 PM

Poll: » Hana to Akuma Chapter 53 Discussion

kisami - Aug 28, 2010

11 by mshitsugaya10 »»
Jan 10, 2020 3:31 AM

Poll: » Hana to Akuma Chapter 23 Discussion

stickymochi - May 8, 2009

1 by mshitsugaya10 »»
Jan 9, 2020 2:40 AM

Poll: » Hana to Akuma Chapter 20 Discussion

stickymochi - May 1, 2009

3 by mshitsugaya10 »»
Jan 9, 2020 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.