Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2010 7:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 21, 2011 1:01 PM

Feb 2009
That was a pretty interesting background. Now we see what that guy went through.
Jun 11, 2011 2:10 PM

Apr 2011
There must be some rule of shonen that the first major antagonist always has a Face Turn and becomes a hero ...

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added
rodacNov 3, 2013 12:06 PM
Nov 3, 2013 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
At least we will stop hearing Shun yelling nee-san a hunter times a day.
Aug 21, 2016 4:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
The sad OST works everytime.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 29, 2017 8:58 PM

Mar 2011
Younger Ikki kinda reminded me of Hokuto no Ken.
Hokuto no Ken Spoiler ahead:

Re-watching it is funny, I almost can't stop laughing (in a good way).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuOct 21, 2017 3:05 PM
Oct 21, 2017 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
Ikki's backstory gave a lot of depth to him, and it makes me wonder a few things. Firstly, who wouldn't go crazy after six years of being abused and told to harness your hate to that extent. I feel bad for him, hell on earth was much worse than I had anticipated. Not only was he forced to kill his master, it was after Esmerelda, the only kind person he had known this whole time and had been seen as Shun in Ikki's head, had died and whose death was blamed on him for not harnessing the hate.
Secondly, the questions I have(just putting them out there, don't answer):

1. If this was fate, aka planned by old man Kido, how far did it go. If he had known what kind of teacher was on Death Queen island, and what kind of training regiment he would've gone through, and purposefully changed the draw so Ikki would go, I wonder if he had wanted him to become a villain and even for Docrates to attack.

2. The extreme nature of this island makes me wonder at the same time, if perhaps there was no control over the teachers, or the environment that the armors were found in, and the knights would have to prove themselves to these people(or in Hyoga's case eternal ice) no matter what. Whenever I understand this the plot should become much more clear.

Speaking of, Docrates doesn't seem to be a joke. A knight is someone who can crack the skies and break apart the ground, and his knights did exactly the latter. Definitely seems more capable than Ikki's black knights. And the plot reset is a little questionable, to go from bad guys stealing gold armor - beating those bad guys to get the armor - more stronger bad guys stealing the armor - probably beating those guys to get the armor, it's just immediately circular which may be foreshadowing a problem with Saint Seiya.

Last thing I want to bring up was the Ikki funeral scene, it was really well done in my opinion. It was heart felt, and somber. Normally anime don't do funeral scenes, or fail at them. This was one of the two I have seen in memory that felt real. When Hyoga put his mothers necklace on the grave it hit me kind of hard. Hyoga truly likes his fellow saints, even if he doesn't show it too much. He gave Seiya his power, and gave Ikki's spirit one of his most precious belongings.

Excited to continue forward... even though I'm still confused on how the hell Hyoga is alive!
Jul 23, 2021 6:45 PM

Jan 2021
Ikki's backstory Is so written well. It gave him a lot of depth to him. Which is why It’s definitely one of my favorite backstories on here so far.
Aug 29, 2023 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
ofc Ikki is immediately switched out as antagonist after being defeated. I mean expected as I knew Ikki became a sort of Vegeta type character.

Dunno if I'm a fan of the new villain tho, doesn't look as interesting. I'm sure there will be interesting new villains to come tho!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 12, 11:33 AM

Nov 2015
ikki the Phoenix must be the most tragic and developed (through flashbacks) character in all of ss. 😢 and he's so dramatic about it, like a Greek play, 💗 it.
Frezlaj said:
Younger Ikki kinda reminded me of Hokuto no Ken.
Hokuto no Ken Spoiler ahead:

except that ikkis master is being controlled by the mask he's wearing here unlike hokuto where it was just sheer cruelty by the father and hence less believable imo.
Berry-VodkaFeb 12, 11:47 AM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.