Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2017 1:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Reinhard empire is in dangerous, and the "cancer" is inside the empire, and one of his "man"!!!! :/
Feb 15, 2018 7:56 AM

May 2016
This was such great paced episode we got info on all sides except Phezzan and the church.
Reinhard looks pretty cool with that hair but the short one was better.
May 13, 2018 1:42 PM
Apr 2018
The meeting scene was intense and Reuenthal was seeing red! Oberstein better tread carefully. He's going to try and find evidence that Reuenthal is plotting so Oscar had better be careful and not say anything out loud. For now he's not planning anything, but I don't think Reuenthal has truly given up his dreams yet.

Yang is kind of screwed. The moment the Empire learn Lennenkampf is dead they might not take it easy on him. Funny hoe even people in the Empire wrongly think Yang is innocent.

And so the capital moves to Phezzan and El Facil of all places declared independence. Crazy.

Also Reinhard's hair is stupid.
JohnWooMay 13, 2018 6:07 PM
Oct 9, 2018 6:36 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, so now it'll be a stalemate between El Facil and the Empire. I wonder who is running that planet...

All the Empire admirals are discussing about Lennenkampt even though he is dead haha; they won't be happy when they find out the truth.
Nov 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Feb 2017
Really interested to see how Julian's view of the Empire will change once he sees Odin and their nation in its natural state.
Nov 14, 2019 2:05 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like everyone misinterpreting Yang's thinking with sleeping

This is truly the calm before storm, I can see lot of players appearing from somewhere really close

Looks like El Facil is back being in the main rooster xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 8, 2019 1:37 AM

Apr 2016
Comments about Reinhardt's new haircut: 98%
Comments about how Reinhardt's elite discussing without knowing about Lennenkaft's death: 0% xD

It was the most intriguing part. How will they act when they discover that Lennenkaft is not alive?
Dec 30, 2019 5:29 AM

Nov 2016
Reinhard's fabulous hair xD

A lot was going on, especially how the higher ups from the Neue Reich want to deal with Yang got me interested. A conflict between Reunental/Mittermeyer and Oberstein seems more likely than ever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2020 10:52 PM
Jun 2017
Daring move from our Grey Eminence von Oberstein. He is truly making more burdens for himself, and if he handles the situation incorrectly, he could very much end up like Beria.

Anyway, I was somewhat dissatisfied by the meeting. Indeed there was wrong done to Admiral Yang by Commissioner Lennenkampt, but were they really so eager to look over the fact that Yang and his crew kidnapped both the Prime Minister and the Imperial Commissioner? It could have been reasonable as long as Yang was still under arrest, but the moment he regained his freedom he was commiting something that couldn't be called less than a crime. Also, him boarding a battle cruiser isn't something directly violating the Treaty of Barlat?

The actions of Yang, his crew and the Rosenritter, no matter the actions that led to them, deserve no less than the capital punishment. After all, this fight that Yang is putting up is totally unreasonable. As a soldier, he is expected to give his life for his country, but when he is demanded to do so, everyone jumps out and goes berserk. Also, even if he wasn't found guilty by a court of law (or a court-martial), he did still commit the acts he is accused of, by organizing a rebellious group with the only aim of eliminating the Lohengramm rule over the Alliance (and even possibly restoring the Goldenbaum Dynasty in power).

I hardly find any reasonable stance as to how would you defend Admiral Yang Wenli at this point of the story. He is no different than the National Salvation Committee, and by fighting an unreasonable fight to the death for his now hollow principles, he is hardly different than the Earth Cult (aside from the brainwashing and assassination attempts, obviously).

All in all, this episode has only made me increase my love for Oberstein. He is truly the best statesman in this series, and his plans would finally consolidate Reinhardt's rule over the galaxy, but no one seems to comprehend this genius. That also makes me feel worried for him, as he is standing on pillars of sand in the government. Oberstein himself warned Reinhard about creating friction among his men, and his current steps are very dangerous for him. I cannot think of how could Oberstein destroy the Dynasty he worked so hard to establish, if it doesn't, in words of Talleyrand, betray itself first.

On a final note, I'm very interested in that affair of the El Facile independence. President Yang, anyone?
Also, mein Kaiser has got a very beautiful hair.
PaulotronatorDec 20, 2020 10:51 PM
Dec 20, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2020
So Julian and his ensemble are going to check out the Imperial capital. Cool. It'll be interesting for an important part of the Alliance resistance folks to get a good look on the supposed improvements the Lohengramm Dynasty has brought to the people. I see lots of comments talking about how Yang's lost his way by planning to go to war against the Empire when Reinhard's been so widely regarded as a fair, good and popular Kaiser, but I feel like they miss the mark: Yang's an extremely resolute, albeit sometimes reluctant, defender of democracy. He's gone so far as to state the worst, most corrupt democracy is still preferrable to the best, most virtuous autocracy. It's clearly a matter of principle, rather than actuality, to him. This is also one of the main reasons he hasn't at all considered becoming a political leader either; the other being how he's constantly saying he has no interest in power, leaving a mark in history, etc - which is why it's baffling to me that he's taken the role of leading the resistance movement so readily. Makes me wish we had more introspective moments of psychological insight into characters like him. Either way, being that Julian's input is highly valued by him, I'm looking forward to seeing the effects a possibly positive feedback from him regarding Reinhard's policies might have on Yang's chronically unenthusiastic resolution to be a millitary leader, especially now that his only previous motivation - being a "salaryman" - is no longer part of the picture.

Mittermeyer and Reuenthal looking sharp as hell in those capes. Nice. I have to side with Mittermeyer when it comes to Oberstein - I still haven't been able to understand what his exact angle is thus far, and I can't help but hate him for having caused that final disagreement between Reinhard and Kircheis. I genuinely love Mittermeyer though: he's the definition of wholesome. For sure he's the one I'd like to see take Reinhard's place if it ever comes to that, though hopefully it won't. As for Reuenthal and his troubled soul, both remain ambiguously concerning - good for him. Can't wait to see what, if anything, comes of his vague ambitions.

Wonder if I'll ever not have my heart shred to pieces every time Reinhard clutches his pendant or envisions Kircheis. That shit hurts.

Schenkopp, Attenborough and Cazellnu seem awfully cheery given the circumstances. Though Schenkopp used to seem like the only one able to intelectually challege Yang (e.g. positing the scenario in which the people wish for a dictatorship), his superficial grasp on the situation is kind of annoying now. Dusty I get - he's always been like that and it's good comic relief. Luckily or not, it seems like things are about to get serious soon enough.
albertobalsalmDec 20, 2020 1:34 PM
Feb 2, 2021 8:17 PM

Oct 2016
The previous episode was good in terms of writing but suffered in presentation, the cultists were so crazy and over the top they came off as unintentionally funny instead of creepy. The first scene during this one built upon all of that very well and everything else was just plain awesome.
Jul 30, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2020
bureaucrat: but da kyzer!!!!!!11!1!

reuenthal: stfu bozo who asked

lmao based chad
Aug 12, 2021 5:30 AM

Jul 2016
CaptainKenshiro said:
The previous episode was good in terms of writing but suffered in presentation, the cultists were so crazy and over the top they came off as unintentionally funny instead of creepy. The first scene during this one built upon all of that very well and everything else was just plain awesome.

I agree, much better world building this episode.
Jun 1, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2007
the transition from action episode like previous to this political episode was kinda dazzling lol. and i mean in a good way, only in this episode we saw no more than 2 political sides in the empire - mytermyer and reuntal against oberstein. really hope this "political battle" will have it's form as the anime will continue.

as for yang, it seems to me that now he finally in state that he can achieve his ideals (finally) he knows exactly how to start. and i won't be surprised that it's somehow connected to the last event in the episode.

events in this episode sure hasn't stopped.
julian coming to odin is big thing for me, i'm so anxious to know how he will be effected by reinhard ruling. for some reason i think he'll favour it, and then he will face it on yang. while yang now is kind of a needle in the empire's face lol.

and there's also the earth cult that pretending to be dead, but probably they actually more than they showed. hope julian will show us what kind of data he have there.

at the very less, i'm very excited to see what LOTGH have for us now. 'till now it never failed my expectations.
Dec 7, 2022 6:25 AM

May 2018
I think Reuental is also seeking for an enemy just like Reinhard
Jan 18, 2023 2:32 AM

Aug 2018
Finally Reinhard appears with new hairstyle, this really makes his character look more iconic

The whole heated debate between Mittermeyer and Reuntal against Oberstein is spectacular I feel like all of them are equally loyal but just have different visions and moral compass.

Glad to see Yang is back, althought it doesnt't feel like hes at his 100 percent just yet.
Mar 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Aug 2020
Story time: future

The messaging method: handwritten letters

Sep 14, 2023 11:02 AM

Aug 2020
Oh hey Rein is so cool with this long hair. Finally.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
May 3, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.