Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2010 5:46 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A fantastic chapter as always. Finally we see Raven!!!
TaluNov 22, 2010 5:54 AM
Nov 22, 2010 8:18 AM

May 2010
Wow, the raven was so....ugly. I was expecting a handsome, glorious, befeathered raven, and here its head is just a skull. I guess it's cool, but certainly not what I was expecting. But it was nice they had a double page for it.

I was pretty scared for Break. I was thinking, "Oh no, he's going to die too! Is this series starting to kill everyone off?"

I do wonder, though, why Gil wanted so much to help Break. Is it just because he knows he's vulnerable and doesn't want anyone else to die, or does he think he might be friends with Break after all?

*Whew, got my chapter fix. I'll be good for a week, at least!*
Nov 22, 2010 8:45 AM
Aug 2010
why is pandora hearts so epic right now...my brain can't take much more xD

I thought Raven looked pretty kickass if I do say so myself ^^....I mean yeah...it's a bit...decrepit when compared to Griffon or Dodo, but still... it's big and cool looking (and gonna kick their ass!) xD

I got so scared for Break in this chapter...I was thinking: 'why are you thinking about dying Break! noooo, don't commit suicide! It's too early for you to die now! >.<' and all the stuff about Liam, and he seemed really vulnerable...(apart from when he kicked Bandersnatch into Fang xD) but then WHAM xD Gil comes flying outta nowhere....I was so happy ^^

I was quite surprised to see Gil caring so much for Break, considering he's constantly being pissed off by him xD I think the only other time i've seen him show Break some love is when he found out about his past and he and Oz gave Break that hug ^^ But yes, it was good to see that Gil does indeed care about whether or not Break dies or not, and since 'priorities' were mentioned a lot, i'm guessing Gil's priorities were: 1. save Oz 2. help Break.
He gained much respect this chapter....thank you Gil for not being useless and making that amazing quote: "I am his left eye!" ...so cool ^^

I don't like Vincent =.= he wanted Break to die and 'pretended' not to see the fight going on. So thanks Echo for being observant xD

Oz was kinda creepy....I mean.... Yura should be scared now xD

Gah! Another month...i'm trying to imagine what will happen (I am always wrong). I wonder if Break will be happy he got saved...probably not xD
calmarsiNov 22, 2010 9:04 AM
Nov 22, 2010 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
Where did you find it?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Nov 22, 2010 10:10 AM

Oct 2009
Raven looks really cool and haunting. X)
The atmosphere in 'will Break die or not' was good.
I wonder If Break can prove Vincents collaboration with the Baskervilles. I'd love a chess game between the two of them).
Oz is mad, but what can he do by himself? Am I missing something?
good-timeNov 22, 2010 10:16 AM
Nov 22, 2010 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
IceAndCream said:

I do wonder, though, why Gil wanted so much to help Break. Is it just because he knows he's vulnerable and doesn't want anyone else to die, or does he think he might be friends with Break after all?

I think that Gil loves Break very much (he has known him for ten years, after all) and just denies it. XD

Suzune-chan said:
Where did you find it?

http://s7.zetaboards.com/The_Black_Abyss/topic/8369208/1/
TaluNov 26, 2010 1:22 PM
Nov 22, 2010 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
Thank you Talu!

Best chapter ever, I really love it.
This series just gets better and better and better~

I am so happy that Gilbert finally developed.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Nov 23, 2010 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
good-time said:
Am I missing something?

May be this http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2849/pandorahearts11102103.jpg ?)
Nov 23, 2010 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
Eva said:
good-time said:
Am I missing something?

May be this http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2849/pandorahearts11102103.jpg ?)

LOL how could I forget this? So silly. Can't wait for Oz to kick Yuras ass then.
Nov 24, 2010 8:35 AM
Oct 2009
I loved this chapter...
... but about Break... I was so scared with the flashback and stuff I thought he was done for as well T^T (though I'm still in denial about Reim's death ><) but luckily Gil came to the rescue with a flying kick XD. I thought Raven was really beautiful in my opinion though I could see the inside of its nose lol >< (but as long as it gets rid of the Beskerville it's looks aren't important especially if it gets rid of stupid Lily!!! ><)

Lately Oz is kinda creeping me out, his eyes are so blank and soulless sometimes o.0 but he's not as creepy as that freak Isla Yura (hope he rots in the abyss soon >.<)
Nov 24, 2010 11:06 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Woah , for a second there at the end I thought Oz was Break cause the look was similar . I kinda miss the Oz who tried to save everyone >.<

I also almost cried when Break was talking abt death D: For a split second I thought he may die for real D: I was like "If Break dies I don't think I can keep up with the manga anymore ;-;"

And my adorable Gil <3 I so knew he'd go to Break , it was so obvious but still Vincent kept meddling with his thoughts . Damn yew Vincent ! You made me like you a bit cause you had some reasons I could accept but you went back to being a jerk again :v Just go in yer corner and stay there ~.~

And seriously Yura ... I hope he gets his butt kicked so much , he won't be able to sit down ever again >_> How could he think he could make the tragedy of Sablier again when so many ppl know the story and would fight them off since they are mosre prepared by default ?

I hope Oz doesn't get to be a psycho with a kind smile but cold ominous eyes D:
Nov 24, 2010 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
hoorah so happy the new chap came out.. it made me laugh and sad what with gil hitting break :).. someone needed to snap him out of it seriosuly and al the stuff with Break talking about death.
Why's everyone hating on Vincent anyways? Not his fault he's a crazy phchopath ;)
But yeah Oz at the end really was quite creepy. hopefully we wil find out fo sure next chapter who the real head hunter is and if reim/liam is dead.. i really hope he isn;t.
also a bit worried that break said if he uses his chain he will probably die...
Nov 24, 2010 2:42 PM

Feb 2010
Woooooaaah. Total Head rush just now. This plot has become so developed that once you start reading it, you're hooked for life xD
Gil kicking Break made my day. He was all "Bitch please. Lemme do dis." I love him.
NEXT CHAPTER KTHX.

Btw, on p.42, do I see Gil blushing? ;D

<3
Nov 24, 2010 9:48 PM

Dec 2009
Loved it loved it loved it!

OHHH~! How i loved it! <3
Nothing brightens my day better than a new pandora hearts chapter XD

I love Gil and Break!
Not as in yaoi though ._.

I was scared there with Break for a minute, but then BAM Gil comes in! XD

I ned to calm down~

Oh, by the way, Vincent, i love you and everything, but DAYUM. Please stop with the mind games!

And also, WHAT THE HELL DOES LIAMS CHAIN DO?! Vincent said something about his chain being useful! hfvhsafgbsfhghfghg. I WANT ANSWERS! Or i might explode! DX
Bi-buNov 24, 2010 9:52 PM
Nov 24, 2010 10:46 PM
Jul 2010
Excellent chapter.

Well, Jun had me truly convinced that Break (Fang and Lilly as well) would die in this chapter. But all of a sudden, Gil arrived! And just in time, too. Boy, was I delighted to see Gil or what! Honestly, I’ve never really liked Gil but after reading this chapter, he changed my mind. He has proven to me that he is not always that clumsy, foolish scattered-head who follows his master around stupidly like a dog. I was laughing (and at the same time, pissed) when Gil asked Oz for permission to save Break. If I were him, I would have just gone and saved Break. Other than that, good job Gil. You’ve gained my respect. :-)

Now to our evil little friend, Vincent. Last chapter I’ve loved you so, so much and now, oh boy, I just want to murder you. Very, very badly. And oh my god! They let Vince take care of the sealing stone?! The SEALING STONE?!?

Back to Break: I have a feeling that he will die sooner or later. As for now, I hope he doesn’t die! I’m not ready to handle his death. It will just be too painful to lose such a brilliant, incredible character.

And now to our hero, Gil: You go, brother! *Cheers for Gil*

+ Raven looks cool.
And . . .

I LOVE ELLIOTT SO DANG MUCH! He is just so cute, innocent, and caring. Did you see the concern on his face for those children? Just too sweet! *Screams* I wish Elliott was real!
TheGreenNinjaNov 24, 2010 11:19 PM
Nov 24, 2010 11:20 PM

Jun 2009
One of the few remaining shounen manga's i really appreciate. You just get the feeling that Xerxes was going to die from the start of the chapter but then, it's just has this unexpected turn and really enhances Gils personality. The drawing of the Raven was magnificent. Not quite what i thought but still pretty damn good design. The last part of the chapter though was really what makes me enjoy this manga even more. The main protagonist of a shonen manga now has the resolution to kill. That's like pretty big for a shonen manga. It's not like those half hearted ones but really deep down, there's pure hatred that Oz has which makes the atmosphere so great. There are so much unanswered questions and hopefully, they will be covered well in the next few chapters. Just wondering but did i miss something or forget it but what was the thing that Xerxes promised in exchange for his contract?
Nov 24, 2010 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
Awww a rather sweet chp in the mist of all the fighting. :)
Nov 25, 2010 12:27 AM

Nov 2009
DisposableCamera said:

Gil kicking Break made my day. He was all "Bitch please. Lemme do dis." I love him.

ROTFL I love the way you describe that scene :'D That part was indeed epic.

And Oz <33333333 lol I can't wait to see him go all badass and crazy on Yura. I've always loved Oz from the beginning, but when he ended up having a crazy side he became even better <333 That last page with him was amazing.

Also, I've never liked Vincent, and this chapter proves yet again why he's a slimy creeper and why I will never like him. tho Yura is by far the creepiest creeper in PH thus far e_e
Nov 25, 2010 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
Eh in this recent chapters Oz has been creeping me out, but not as bad as Yura. But I still love Oz. Oh and Break, don't talk about dying D: And nice to see Raven too.

Nov 25, 2010 1:53 AM

Feb 2008
Considering Break isn't a huge fan of Vincent, I doubt Break would be jumping at the chance to save Vincent either, especially if he does know of his associations with the Baskervilles. So, Vincent's reaction to Break being in danger really isn't too different from what I imagine Break's would be. Vincent has goals he wants to carry out, if Break knows of his connections he could potentially get in the way of his goals, maybe even set out to kill him, so of course Break being out of the picture is better for Vincent. Neither truly understands what the other is setting out to do, so they just see each other as threats. I love Vincent and Break, so it does make me feel conflicted that they hate each other so much, but it does make sense on both of their sides lol.

On another note, Gilbert was actually amazing this chapter. Ever since Break knocked some sense into him he's been developing quite nicely, and I love how this time Gilbert was the one to lecture Break. Their friendship makes me all sorts of happy, so I'm glad he's the one who was able to save him XD. Even if I was secretly hoping Reim would pop up and save him... Gilbert was the next best thing, though XD. I love seeing Gilbert care for someone other than Oz, and I love seeing his badass side that can come out when someone he cares about is threatened >D.
Nov 25, 2010 4:03 AM

Feb 2010
Raven!!! he looks badass :P
Nov 25, 2010 7:15 AM
Feb 2009
Tony38514 said:
Just wondering but did i miss something or forget it but what was the thing that Xerxes promised in exchange for his contract?
no u didnt, coz the author nvr reveal it... o.o
so damn break dont u dare to die b4 it is revealed, coz it is what keep me hooked for soooooo long....
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 25, 2010 8:31 AM
Nov 2010
Okay... so like since everyone is talking about break and gilbert...imma talk about Oz since no one eles is...

OZ freaked me out at the end of the chapter. Has anyone eles seen him SO mad before? I think not. Nor has he ever threatend so seriosly before >< OMG CANT WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER!
Nov 25, 2010 3:33 PM
Aug 2010
i cracked up when break grabbed gilberts face and stretched his cheek =:) i don't want break to die best character ever!
"To define is to limit."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Nov 25, 2010 5:24 PM
Jul 2010
Hmm.

My opinion is that this chapter was a plot twister. Absolutely epic in every single way. Yes, even skeleton-ish Raven. (Isn't it awesome how there was a two page spread for him? His first real appearance in the manga~! -sniff sniff- xD)

As for Gil, I believe that in this chapter, he's FINALLY (because you know how indecisive he is) decided who his Master is. He's still Oz's servant, but he's Break's left eye. Aww~ -fujoshi senses tingling-

On the other hand, yeah, Oz's psychotic smile and souless eyes are creeping me out a bit. But I think that's just because Oz right now kind of has... how to put it... two personalities? One is the normal, go-happy-lucky Oz while the other is the Grim Reaper look-alike Bloody Reaper, rofl.

Finally, I can't wait to see who Oz really is, and what exactly his reaping power consists of. I mean, come on, a scythe? Awesome dude/ette. 8D
Nov 26, 2010 1:35 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I liked the look on his face at the end.

Next chapter is going to be serious business.
Nov 26, 2010 7:27 AM

Dec 2009
Omg, this chapter was so awesome ~
I almost cried when Gil said he was Break's left eye <3333333
Nov 26, 2010 8:07 AM
Aug 2009
IceAndCream said:
I was pretty scared for Break. I was thinking, "Oh no, he's going to die too! Is this series starting to kill everyone off?"

I was just like you... but I'm glad that he is still alive... I hope he won't die, he is one of my favourite characters, so it'll be pretty sad :/

BTW, Gilbert was epic ;P
And, Oz is scary. I've never expected that he'll be so determined to kill.
Nov 27, 2010 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
I could barely make it through this chapter because I was having panic attacks about Break dying. Makes me scared to think how I'll take it if he ever actually does...

Gilbert was awesome this chapter and it's about damn time he actually use Raven onscreen. But, I wonder, who'll be carrying away who after this fight? The last time Gil used Raven (to get out of the Cheshire dimension) he was bedridden with exhaustion. I'm assuming that the reason he uses Raven so sparingly is because it takes so much out of him. Will either Gil or Break be able to help Oz against Yura? I guess it's up to Vincent, Echo and Elliot now?

While I don't think Vincent would betray Elliot or Oz, I would expect him to ditch them if he gets worried that Gil is taking too long. That leaves Oz and Elliot....... hm... Oz and Elliot. Honestly, with all the flashbacks going on for everybody, I've been thinking this is when Elliot wakes up as/to Glen like Oz woke up as/to Jack. Maybe Yura will get what he wants... the most epic Sablier reenactment ever. o.o *shudder*

But, on the other hand, I guess Glen can't awaken until all the sealing stones are disenchanted... or... whatever they're doing with them.
Neiru2013Nov 27, 2010 5:39 PM
Nov 28, 2010 1:18 AM

Jan 2009
Konayuki_Winter said:
I love seeing Gilbert care for someone other than Oz, and I love seeing his badass side that can come out when someone he cares about is threatened >D.

Amen to that. :D

Am I the only one who didn't expect Break to die in this chapter? Mochizuki can't kill him off yet! D: Lol. I loveloveLOVE Gil and Break and Vincent and this chapter was FULL OF THEM. I'm happy we could finally see Raven, I actually like his design. And Oz has been acting really strange lately. Hmm, I already can't wait for the next chapter...
AmareviaNov 28, 2010 1:34 AM
Nov 28, 2010 11:28 PM

Dec 2009
I dont know if anyone has noticed this yet, or if everyone except me knows...
but i was reading ch 37 i think, and jack said Lacie. And then it hit me in the face,

if you rearange Lacie, you get Alice o.o

Out of excitement, I had to tell someone about my discovery.
Nov 29, 2010 6:36 AM
Feb 2009
GennyMon said:
too bad for u, it is discuss at least once b4 (in pandora hearts anime ep discussion) n many believe there is connection between alice n lacie (ah... cant wait to know the truth....)

well, dont feel bad about it, i didnt even notice it until some1 throw it onto my face (LOL)
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 1, 2010 2:36 AM

Jul 2010
Break is finally loved by someone... It's cool. I love it when the really strong characters are in real trouble because this is when you can hug them and be closer to them than you ever could. However, I hope he either dies after a long time or gets better in a nick of time, because it'll ruin the character otherwise.

THE RAVEN!!!!! OMG! OMG!OMG! I am in love! The graphcis! The cruelness! The roughtness! And Gilbert calling him out to safe his friend... Lol.. Going against the contract with Break, eh? Sweet! Also... he literally kicked the depression out of the chapter. Really nice. Saved the day!

I can't wait to see some a** kicking by Raven in the next chapter. I am actually really glad of this manga and how it continues to amaze me. And I get tired and bored pretty fast usually.

Dec 1, 2010 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
I love seeing Gilbert care for someone other than Oz, and I love seeing his badass side that can come out when someone he cares about is threatened >D.

Yeah i liked that too. He was a little too Oz obsessed, so it's nice seeing that his whole universe is not just Oz.

Anyway Break kind of disappointed me for giving up on life a little too easily considering he has certain goals he wants to reach but i guess his reaction of seeming to be tired of life can be understood since his life was fool of events and now he is even blind. When you go threw too much, sometimes you get a little tired of your life.

Disappointed from the Raven. I knew that most chains aren't presented like beautiful creatures but like sick distorted dolls and staff but still i had the impression that Raven would have been a beautiful big dark crow. Oh! well it's not a big deal i guess.
Dec 4, 2010 5:30 PM

Dec 2009
flame_tiong said:
GennyMon said:
too bad for u, it is discuss at least once b4 (in pandora hearts anime ep discussion) n many believe there is connection between alice n lacie (ah... cant wait to know the truth....)

well, dont feel bad about it, i didnt even notice it until some1 throw it onto my face (LOL)

I knew that they were connected, i just didnt realise with the names.

i dont feel bad...
Dec 5, 2010 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Break kind of disappointed me for giving up on life a little too easily considering he has certain goals he wants to reach but i guess his reaction of seeming to be tired of life can be understood since his life was fool of events and now he is even blind. When you go threw too much, sometimes you get a little tired of your life.

Are you disappointed that he risked his life chasing the Baskervilles in the first place, or that he was willing to give up his life by using Mad Hatter just in this latest chapter? If it's the former, it's true that he was uncharacteristically reckless in this case (provoked by the death of his best friend), but do you expect him to never fight at all? If it's the latter, I think that's an unfair assessment of the situation. Break initiated the fight wanting to win, but he underestimated the situation (he didn't know Baskervilles were immortal). In the latest chapter he realized that he was losing, they were going to kill him, and there was no way to get out of this alive (there was a whole page of him saying this). Understanding that he was about to be killed in this encounter anyway, he chose to go out with a bang and take the Baskervilles down with him. This wasn't a matter of giving up on life too easily at all.
Dec 5, 2010 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
Getting Gilbert's development is always nice
Dec 19, 2010 12:31 PM

Dec 2009
Break you really scared me ...
Gilbert .. you chain is AWESOME *drools*
Oz you probably hear this every chapter but you are an awesome badass bishie.
Dec 19, 2010 8:13 PM
Dec 2010
Thisssss was one of meh favs!
Oz u never let me down with ur badass yandere ^-^
GIIIIIILLLLLL UR CHAIN BE BEASTIN its friken ugly tho <_<
lots of chain action here, lets see there was Vincents chain, Yamane (thats its name rite?)
There is Mad Hatter (yayzums!)
There was Fangs chain (omg is that a gopher i saw??)
AND RAVEN. Booyah.
no B-Rabbit tho. maybe in 56 there will be! arent the raws out for it? (yah i was slow on posting for this chap)
Dec 20, 2010 5:33 AM
Aug 2010
Chapter 56 is out ^^
calmarsiDec 22, 2010 4:06 AM
Jan 1, 2011 8:32 AM

Apr 2009
Holy fucking fuck, that was so epic I can barely suppress the sudden urge to cry. I knew this wimp I've always loved had potential. Not to mention I started tearing up when Break was going 'Oh well, I'm dying anyway' x__X
I'm his left eye, fuck yea
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 16, 2011 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
Lol, Echo ruins half of Vincents plans XDD First she took the antidote, now she told everyone that Break is outside, fighting xDD
Regardless of the fact that I love Vincent, I'm so glad that Gil came to Break's rescue <3
It would suck if he died. Even though it was obvious that he was gonna survive somehow (I mean, come on, half of the people reading this manga would freak out and/or dropp it)
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 27, 2015 3:26 AM
Jun 2015
OMFG, THAT WAS PERFECT!
I seriously thought Break was going to die there! I was so worried I was about to cry and then Gil came and saved him! Thank god!
And I'm with Oz on this one: ISLA NEEDS TO DIE!
Alice and Leo must be protected at all costs! Why do I have a feeling that Leo might die for Elliot's character development? PLEASE NO! DON'T DO THAT PLEASE!
Dec 2, 2015 9:02 AM

Aug 2014
Gil to the rescue! Great to see Xerxes didn't die this time around, after Liam that woulda been tough. Echo best grill, making life tough for Vincent all day long XD
Aug 31, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Gotta love Echo, ruining Vincent's plans.
Gil to the rescue YES!!!! Thank god, didn't want to see Break die.
Raven looks awesome wow.
I can't wait to see Oz beat that guy good.
Dec 12, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
"Vincent, you're covered in blood!"
"Don't worry, it's not mine"
oh okay, everything is fine then lmao

My heart stopped a bit when Break was talking about sacrificing himself, i love him ):

Oz at the end was really scary though, i feel like Yura is going to rethink his decisions in life very soon
Dec 25, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2015
Lol yeah thanks to Echo, Gil was able to save Break from dying. Vincent would've killed her if she wasn't Zwei.

Anyway damn... this chapter is so intense! Break trying to sacrifice himself to kill his best friend's killers are just amazing.

Apr 26, 2023 2:57 PM
Sep 2019
Ha, so I was right about Gil being break's "eye" in a literal meaning!

And also, when Gil found Oz, Oz had that strange smile on his face. I guess that was the moment he decided to kill Yura; that's why he looked so empty.

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.