Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 11, 2012 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
i feel like i may be the only one ... but i don't like Kuroneko. Kirino may be really selfish, annoying, and all those other bad qualities; but i still like her more than Kuroneko. i really like the bond that Kirino and her brother have, because it feels like a real brother-sister relationship! in the end, you will do what makes your sibling happy because they are your sibling. i do wish Kirino would be more appreciative, though. and i wish Kuroneko would just get out. although, i'd probably be the only happy one if that happened. xD
Aug 6, 2012 12:17 PM

May 2008
How in the Blue Hell can Kirino suddenly write a successful 1 volume Novel and then gets a offer to have an Anime adaption, WHILE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!! And why is Kyousuke even going so far for her only to get shun by her at the end.

She should be grateful that she was even getting a offer after having only 1 volume out and yet she's depressed because the producers and staff can't fit all of her requests on how the Anime should turn out, seriously?

The only thing good about this episode was Kuroneko being awesome as always. She seems to understand the hard work that is put into making a Novel, Manga or Anime and the hardships of getting your work turned down but Kirino aka "Ms. Perfect" can write one manual script and suddenly shes a gets her own Novel published and getting an Anime, BULLSH*T!!! I would be jealous about that too.

I know its Anime but even this is stretching it.
Aug 9, 2012 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
Kirino was so lucky with that novel, it's just stupid.
But moe sells, good stories don't have as big as an audience.
Kuroneko probably writes complex stories that are a masterpiece, but there are simply not enough people interested in that. Very nice episode, I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 17, 2012 12:58 AM

Jun 2012
I was actually enjoying this episode until the end, Kirino is unbelievable annoying Although, she does have her extremely cute moments. I still give this episode a 5/5, thanks to Kuroneko.
Oct 18, 2012 9:38 AM

Nov 2009
hmm its been more than a year since i put this show on hold, only to pick it up again just to finish it once and for all...coincidentally on the anime's climax it seems...

First off...the presence of Kana Hanazawa is really felt in Kuroneko here, and this is a testament that the harmony between the seiyuu and the character will always steal the show no matter how lame the plot is (c/o Kirino's radical irrational world that needs to be reality-slapped). That alone is the reason why this oreimo show is still sought after until now, especially considering that certain seiyuu's fanbase nowadays; I mean that KuroKana combo delivery was full of win~

Is Kirino really that a Tsundere? It seems she's just an all out tsuntsun to me by her non-fluctuating aggro behavior which is pretty annoying that it feels like...She is this anime's Anti-Hero/Villain DX

DISCLAIMER: Do not take this episode as seriously as what Im doing, because you'll end up shrinking your brain by such emotional manipulation happened here(in a bad way). Art and Business 101: If you're smart enough, learn more about diplomacy, tactics, and technicality to settle a good negotiation, because dealing a tug-of-war between your creation vs the anime producer is WAY more complex than shown in this episode. Those 2 sides on the negotiation table, except Kuroneko, need slaps in their faces >__<

Summing up my outburst...Lesson: balance out your Idealist and Realist perspectives, because true life success is in the consistent "Swiss-style" neutral :3

Nov 7, 2012 1:03 PM

Nov 2007
She should be happpy she gets an anime and quit whining
Nov 7, 2012 1:41 PM
Aug 2012
kokorochan- said:
i feel like i may be the only one ... but i don't like Kuroneko. Kirino may be really selfish, annoying, and all those other bad qualities; but i still like her more than Kuroneko. i really like the bond that Kirino and her brother have, because it feels like a real brother-sister relationship! in the end, you will do what makes your sibling happy because they are your sibling. i do wish Kirino would be more appreciative, though. and i wish Kuroneko would just get out. although, i'd probably be the only happy one if that happened. xD

Real brother-sister bond??? Lol don't make me laugh, a REAL Bro-Sis bond is two-sided and not one sided. As far as i can tell, so far in this series it's been about Kyousuke doing everything for Kirino, it's been about Kirino pushing her brother around and having things go her way all the time with minimal gratitude. I'm sorry, to me that doesn't seem natural at all. Don't forget the fact that had he not found out about her dirty little hobby she wouldn't have been even talking to him.

Kyousuke is pretty much living his life for Kirino, so to hell with it, if he can at least get friendly with her friends then he should do so.
Nov 26, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
It was pretty cool but I don't like how he said that he hated her.
Jan 13, 2013 6:52 AM
Jan 2010
I'd be Kuroneko's onii-chan, if you catch my meaning.
Feb 2, 2013 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
zimno said:
5/5 10/10

that sums it up ^^
Apr 7, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2012
ruri is so damn cool in this ep.

She seems to want a big brother near the end.
I wouldn't mind kyousuke becoming her onii chan~ ;)
Apr 7, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
The pace has moved incredibly fast and it's not a good look since the plot is already getting unrealistic. What they got out of it was showing how Kuroneko and Kyousuke can really stand up for Kirino even though they don't like her very much. I hope something happens to break out of wherever it is that this show is going. This episode felt really out of place and I was enjoying the series up until now.

Moving on...someone really needs to give Kyousuke a freaking medal!! Getting on your hands and knees to beg/bow is some real dedication to someone he claims to hate (he sounded serious to me when he said this). I hope the next episode fixes their relationship.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 14, 2013 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
phantom19 said:

Moving on...someone really needs to give Kyousuke a freaking medal!! Getting on your hands and knees to beg/bow is some real dedication to someone he claims to hate (he sounded serious to me when he said this). I hope the next episode fixes their relationship.

I agree, he always helps her out, like he time when their dad discovered Kirino's hobbies. He took all the responsibilty for the eroges, even though they were not his!!

Other than that Rating -10/10
Apr 15, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Kiririn is so annoying, I want to drop this season. maybe the season 2 is better. 2/5
Apr 20, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't like Kiriino in the end.. Your brother did that for you!
Apr 21, 2013 5:48 PM
Nov 2011
I dunno. butting in here feels wrong on the part of the brother... and not telling her seems wrong too.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 1, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2012
Kirino gets a little annoying, the kuroneko speech was awesome :o
May 7, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
Bit boring episode really.
Jul 12, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Bro points +2.

So much passion!!
Oct 7, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2012
WOW, the bashing on kirino this ep was ridiculous,
Nov 10, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kyousuke and Kuroneko just got Kirino's ideas into her anime and Kirino still treats them like crap XD
This episode was a lot more serious, I liked it, personally.
Jan 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
Loved this episode Kirino is so good, I love her. Ayase x Kirino lesbian moment 'it'll be our secret', Kirino wanted to free he finger but Ayase doesn't let her go XD
Also we get a lot of information about anime kitchen, it was very ineresting for me and also explain why anime don't always follow original. Poor Kirino, I really feel sorry for her :( but I guess that the whole thing isn't only Kirino's actually, authors of light novels have the same troubles, maybe author of OreImo wrote Kirino keeping in mind himself... Anyway there's real siblings bond and Kyousuke can do everything for Kirino... that was so dramatic and touching.
HikariJake said:
Kyousuke and Kuroneko just got Kirino's ideas into her anime and Kirino still treats them like crap XD

Watch episode again, carefully. They keep it a secret from Kirino. Kuroneko don't treat her like gold too.
Jan 29, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2012
Oh wow I did not expect her novel to become an anime but really wow, really an anime adaptation? Well this sure is interesting development! Let's see what's next and what she really meant with the last counseling!

That ED was totally epic!
Feb 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Feb 2014
Kuroneko and Kyousuke's speeches were spot-on and well-spoken. This is the only part I like about this episode and the rest were okay, nothing special or anything.

Wha...Kirino told Kyousuke that his next life-counseling will be the last? Oh noes. I hope she's joking. I have to see what happens next on the next episode :)
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Mar 9, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
ITT do people seem to forget that Kirino was grateful before, that she has flaws and that she doesnt know what they did for her.
Also forget what she said before "You've never cared about me my whole life, and only now you're trying to act the big brother part?"
From her POV, outside the life counseling, Kyousuke has never cared for her since forever.
And no she cant change her attitude just like that,it may be not be obvious but their relationship outside those life advises hasnt changed.
Apr 5, 2014 11:09 PM

Jun 2012
Kuroneko rocked! I wonder if the anime production staff are really like they're shown in the episode.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Apr 11, 2014 3:15 AM

Feb 2013
Kirino is starting to get on my nerves. The way she treats her brother is bullshit. The things that Kyousuke has to go through for her should make her grateful and lucky that she has an awesome brother like him. Another good episode!
May 4, 2014 9:36 AM
May 2014
Kirino's character seems to get more annoying as the series goes on. However, I did enjoy the speech that she gave to the staff, only to have them take her down a peg or two. And when Kyousuke and Kuroneko subsequently gave the guy on staff more shit that made it even better :)
Jun 20, 2014 9:47 AM
Sep 2013
I liked how they pulled a real life maneuver when It came to producing an anime which gives example of why some anime fail when compared to light novels or manga.
Jul 16, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2014
Kyousuke saves the day one more time.
Jul 20, 2014 1:29 AM

Dec 2009
I'm going to be honest, I don't actually like the majority of the characters in this save for Saori and Minami. Many of them are incredibly self absorbed and hypocritical. I don't hate the anime, and it could just be an adaptation thing, but I find it hard to root for anyone.
Sep 27, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2014
Well, we all know that feeling. Watching something you worked hard for getting picked to pieces before your eyes.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 6, 2015 8:46 AM

Jun 2013
Setsuna Fate Iori ---> Setsuna F. Seiei anyone?
Aug 12, 2016 6:39 AM

Feb 2013
Kuroneko was great as always.
Sep 18, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Let's just disregard everything the creator of the story mentioned.
It's a bestseller with a lot of male people buying it ... yet they think it'll be better if the lead is male and want to change everything.

Kuroneko and Kyousuke saving the day for Kirino :)
Dec 16, 2016 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
Kirino's fingernails were light-green then pink at the end of the episode.

Brother of the freaking century!
Kuroneko gave that incompetent director a verbal thrashing. Great job! I'd have canceled the project because of the idiot director alone.
Jan 25, 2017 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
kokorochan- said:
i feel like i may be the only one ... but i don't like Kuroneko. Kirino may be really selfish, annoying, and all those other bad qualities; but i still like her more than Kuroneko. i

I like the design of Kuroneko character, but I have same thoughts like you. Kuroneko (for now) is a perfect image of typical elitist for me :p
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 29, 2017 4:30 AM

May 2015
Kirino is getting on my nerves more and more.

Didn't like this ep at all. Kuroneko is the only reason I'm going to continue this crap.
Aug 15, 2017 6:53 PM
Jul 2016
Ruri spitting out the guilty truth for the board. I somewhat feel the same with my little sister, but instead I´ve been the one being hard on her growing up, always used her innocence to make her do dumb stuff and put her in bad situations for my own enjoyment etc. So we were never close, I was like her idol, but always did mean pranks and stuff on her.

Today recently became adult and still getting the hang of being it all I still put her on her place every now and again which is still too regulary. But I´m her brother and by that I have also helped her out a lot emotionally during tough times and finacially (mostly because of her irresponsible priorities with money). We are what we are and will never fully go away, but a brother is a brother!
Feb 23, 2018 5:41 AM

Dec 2015
Halfway through this ep and almost about to drop this shit, Kyousuke is such a fucking tool and Kirino is the definition of a sociopath.
~
Apr 12, 2020 12:38 AM

Feb 2020
Kuroneko is the best

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jun 10, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2019
this is very relevant to the industry i think. source material being butchered by a studio for anime adaptation when its very clear that the source material is selling high. good episode. i enjoyed this more than i expected.
Jul 25, 2020 1:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I see, it's really hard to make an anime adaptation, this world is harsh.
Kureneko was really great in this episode, same for Kyousuke, too bad that Kirino still speak to him like shit, even after all he did for her
Sep 25, 2020 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
I've got to say, those animators were absolute dickbags. Honestly, who do they think they are, thinking that they can just completely change the original work so that the audience will 'empathize more with the characters?' If anything, the fans of the novel would be completely outraged if they saw their favorite characters get completely revamped by some boomers. Those guys have no consideration or respect for the original author or their audience. They even claim that they just want to make money, but they aren't going to make any money the way they were going. What a bunch of idiots!

Anyways, somehow after 8 episodes, it still gets to me every time Kirino isn't grateful for all the shit Kyousuke goes through for her happiness. The dude is such a caring guy and all he gets in return is sass and rude name-calling and such. It's disgusting, and it's also really sad. I really hope Kirino gets at least minimally better in future episodes.
Nov 5, 2020 12:06 AM
Jan 2017
This show is trash but this episode was one of the worst. 1/5

That ending was completly UNFAIR. Why should it work out for her? One major life lesson is that you can't always get what you want. If she wanted an anime SHE wanted, she should have written a better story. This wasn't cute, it was morally wrong. I can't believe he had to grovel for her idea. Why does he do this? Becauz he's her BROTHER. That's it, they share the same parents is the reason why he wants to keep feeding her ego. It was NOT a happy ending becauz her achievement was UNEARNED. What an awful message to send. This episode serves no purpose other than to allow the writer to have a tantrum over not being able to have his sick incest fetish adpted into an anime.
the_KrsdNov 11, 2020 3:58 AM
Nov 5, 2020 12:12 AM
Jan 2017
Takadono said:
I've got to say, those animators were absolute dickbags. Honestly, who do they think they are, thinking that they can just completely change the original work so that the audience will 'empathize more with the characters?' If anything, the fans of the novel would be completely outraged if they saw their favorite characters get completely revamped by some boomers. Those guys have no consideration or respect for the original author or their audience. They even claim that they just want to make money, but they aren't going to make any money the way they were going. What a bunch of idiots!

If you're going to use someone else's resources for your work they have the right to make as many changes as they want, otherwise you can find someone else to fund it. The studio isn't there to make your dreams come true.
Feb 5, 2021 7:43 PM
Dec 2019
Seemed like a callout against the anime industry, at the end of the day anime is still a business
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 29, 2021 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
Hope that whole animation proposal gets dropped or defered. Aiming to make an original one cour anime with only a single novel as its base was a very clear cash-grab. Although the amount of initial changes and the rush job they'd need to do would highly likely backfire on them.

Pretty disappointed Kyousuke didn't come as prepared as he previously has when it comes to staining himself for Kirino. Kuroneko took the top spot there with the clear and precise deconstruction of that producer's arguments/idea previously.

Kyousuke really needs to get away from Kirino. He may be helping her because of that sibling connection, and he probably likes the fact that she goes to him for help, but he only ever gets a quick 'thanks' before being treated like utter dirt again. When will Manami step in to save our poor, true protaganist of this series? :P
Jun 4, 2021 11:30 PM

Jun 2020
Kirino's novel she's working on is turning into an anime must have felt good for her

But some changes were yet to be discussed from her work well she did propose a lot of things from the start which shocked her at the end

Kyousuke standing up for Kirino although he seems to be unknowledgeable when it comes to these things he knows a thing or two and Kuroneko voicing out her opinions this episode quite funny some of her opinions about it kind of nice to see her stand out more.
Aug 26, 2021 7:32 PM

Feb 2019
Gigachad brother. Kirino's anime is saved.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.