Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2010 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
kuroshiroiApr 23, 2011 2:23 PM
Nov 22, 2010 7:02 PM

Apr 2010
This Yue-only episode was really good actually. I thought that by focusing on her mini arc it would deviate from the overall feel of the OVA series, but it just added more epic to the Negima series. I'm loving Yue more now.

The visual appeal of this episode is good, a bit cliche for a magical girl battle but Yue's cleverness with tactical magic defense and offense made up for it. The fan service is a bit overused, more than the manga anyways. The true unique thing about this episode was the seiyuus that were used. Ayana Taketatsu as Emily Sevensheep, Satomi Satou as Collet Farandole, and Kana Hanazawa as Beatrix Monroe. Both Taketatsu and Satou are known for their roles in K-On! and Hanazawa from Angel Beats! and Oreimo. Satou sounded used the same voice style as Ritsu while both Taketatsu and Hanazawa are just like themselves in Oreimo, but adapted to the Negima universe. To tell you the truth, these popular voice actresses didn't exactly match what I had imagined to be the characters voices, but I still think they are great non the less. The battle between them and the dragon was done well and parallel to the manga. Seeing Yue in action was cool, I even found myself enchanting Fuguratio Albicans as she did (I know a lot of Negima spells from memory, big fan of Negima here). The saddest thing is that this is the final episode in the Negima Magic World OVA. I really wish that the whole Negima Magic World arc was animated, this episode showed how awesome every chapter animated could look like. I guess the only thing we can look forward to is the Negima Saga Final Movie coming out next year. Rakan vs. Negi will be epic in action, I can guarantee that.
Nov 22, 2010 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
i lold at the fanservice, but its not SHAFT without their fanservice. so i forgive them for that since they kept them to a minimum for the previous episodes

the episode was really refreshing though. voice actors for the characters were surprising. flashy magic. what not.
Nov 23, 2010 2:18 AM
Sep 2009
Loved the episode, have been waiting to see that, for I dont know how long:D
It was Filius's first anime appearance:D, aww he's so cute(well, we only got a glimpse of him, and the quality on the pic was bad..., but he was there:D!!!!!!
I really hope they will continue and make more epsiodes after this, perhaps a movie or something......Mabye a movie of Ala Rubras saga :D!!!!<3<3<3
=^.^=
Nov 23, 2010 2:32 AM

Oct 2010
You have got to be fu***ng kidding me. I knew that we were up for Yue, but 30 minutes? At a moment when we were expecting Negi vs Bounty Hunters in a curb stomp battle? God am I disappointed. And here I was waiting for a Magia Erebea anime showcase. They could have tried to fit both events in an episode. There are so many things to be put in the movie now that it would have to be over 2 hours to manage that, and still require incredibly fast pacing. My hopes for an incredible, drawn out Rakan fight are gradually getting smaller.
Nov 23, 2010 9:49 AM

Sep 2008
@Zalxoras
well you see, technically this yue episode was just an extra episode for fans. the negi vs bounty hunters continues the story along with link directly with the tournament afterwards, making the cut between not clean. you cant expect them to put the fight in an extra episode, not to mention the last episode of the OVA, since there will be too much demand for a consistent release (an OVA lasting long? that would be a tv series)

they already mentioned for a 'movie'. so just be content with that. i can see how they can fit up until the end of the tournament in 2 hours.

tl;dr: cant expect to have a grandiose development of the story to be in an extra episode
Dec 5, 2010 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
Truthfully, I really LOVED this episode :)

The expressions Yue made were different than normal, which was nice to see. I enjoyed the fight with the dragon, Collet and Yue really worked hard for the race.

The only thing I would complain about is the fan service where there clothes were taken off and showed their underwear. It just didn't look very good, but the rest of the fan service was nice.

I love seeing characters learn more about the main characters. For example, when the girls see Yue's artifact, or in early chapters (such as the Mahora Festival) where people such as Chisame learn more and more about the existence of magic and how Negi's a mage.

I was expecting it to be a Yue episode, so I didn't mind that it was 30 minutes. Seeing some other fights would be nice, but knowing that they weren't meant to be in this episode, the more Yue and Ariadne Knights the better ;)

Also, I really hope the movie turns out to be amazing. I can't wait to watch it in the future.
Dec 6, 2010 10:57 PM
Oct 2008
this episode was great..... wish they added few more minutes of whether yue will get her memories back if she met negi.. and how the collect-san and the rest react..
Dec 9, 2010 9:32 PM

May 2007
September 25th 2008, I see the first episode of Ala Alba, September 24th 2009 I see the first episode of new world, now today, December 10th 2010 I can finally say finished(man it took a long time)

The animation during the flying scenes were great, highlight of the episode, however...

I felt like a pervert watching this episode, I totally forgot that the competition was basically an excuse to murder clothing. I enjoyed it don't get me wrong, but it felt wrong, these girls are around 11...

Can't wait for the movie
My anime list
Dec 14, 2010 6:19 PM
Oct 2007
its not bad... this episode was just as enjoy to watch as the others.
Dec 16, 2010 7:03 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I actualy enjoy this fanservice, but I want her to remember Negi.
I guess she does that in the movie, looking forward for Final Battle

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 17, 2010 1:56 AM

Aug 2009
Blackbird said:
I want her to remember Negi.

That won't happen any time soon
there're way too much events that happen before she regains her memory
Dec 19, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
Not bad...

I enjoyed all the OVAs, but I would really like them to just remake the whole series...

Kinda like what they did with FMA.
Dec 26, 2010 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
so....any subs yet? XP
Jan 5, 2011 5:53 AM

May 2008
GNneko said:
so....any subs yet? XP

http://theturokzone.co.cc/?p=53

apparently it's been there since December 5
haven't found any other sub groups yet
Jan 5, 2011 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
paksis_pragma said:
GNneko said:
so....any subs yet? XP

[url=http://theturokzone.co.cc/?p=53]http://theturokzone.co.cc/?p=53

apparently it's been there since December 5
haven't found any other sub groups yet

well wow Oo'' good to know!
tanx~
Feb 7, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2008
Was that a remix of pactio during the battle?

If so, MUST GET.
Mar 22, 2011 9:31 PM

Sep 2008
i luvd this part in the manga, and now in the anime, kinda feels like a diff anime, but still great because of this in the manga i started to like yue a lot
still i wanna see magia ebrea in action, or rakan kikin´asses XD
i just wonder, why dont they make another season of the anime, it would be easier, specially with how famous the manga is..
waiting for movie =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 1, 2011 5:04 PM

Feb 2008
ok her pactio transformation did not have to be like that....that was a bit over the top. but they did this one pretty well. it didn't feel rushed.
Mar 7, 2012 9:08 PM

May 2011
That was surprisingly well-done and entertaining for a Negima special...Maybe the original anime really let me down, but all of the newer animated Negima stuff has been pretty great. And Yue has always been one of the more interesting girls in the class (in my opinion, anyway) so I'm pretty happy she got a whole special more or less to herself.

Also, there needs to be a gif of her getting up and riding the broom like a surfboard during the fight with the griffin-dragon. Didn't she just learn to ride the broom not too long ago? Freakin' badass.
Oct 18, 2012 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
The fanservice was a little bit much but I enjoyed the episode overall, especially the battle against the griffin dragon.
Oct 8, 2013 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
Eh it was alright.
Sep 4, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
Can anyone tell me the name of the BGM when Yue was fighting the beast?
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Jun 18, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
It was alright 4 out of 5. No matter what you think this basically was a fanservice episode to me since the other 4 was more on the fighting side (not that they didn't have fanservice moments). The animation was nice except for the Fanservice part where it seemed very selective on what got ripped during the race. That part was stupid and cheap to me. Overall 8 out of 10.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Aug 25, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
MAHOU SHOUJO YUE FTW

5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

Finally got around to watching this... Lots of mahou shoujo stuff to enjoy, and of course a very moe and badass Yue~❤ Good story overall and the art was pretty nice, too.

Jan 5, 2017 9:09 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive OVA I must say, while very ecchi it was also very intensive! And with a good ending, I sure quite liked this additional episode!
Jan 21, 2018 4:05 PM

Nov 2014
Silly, simple, and epicly ecchi. That was surprisingly fun.

5/5
Mar 28, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Yue episode, it was alright I guess. Not the biggest fan of her, the movie should be better.
Apr 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
Nice fanservice ep. for Yue. I like her she's cute!
Jun 28, 2022 1:03 AM

Jan 2020
What is Yue doing in magic school? Seeing as she recognized Nagi but didn't immediately make the connection to Negi, is it possible there is an amnesia situation going on here? This must be an even more manga-centered story.

Looks like I guessed it right. But, they went on to explain some things too, so that's good. They really aren't throwing non-manga readers under the bus too hard.

Why is Nagi so popular? Maybe that is something I won't know until I read the manga. He just seems a bit overrated and yet he has this huge following. No one cares he abandoned his kid? Or does just no one know about Negi's existence?

This lady's name is Emily Sevensheep. That's so many sheep.

A griffin dragon fusion? What sort of madman created this abomination? Isn't one or the other enough of a threat already? @_@

Overall good, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The fanservice didn't hurt, but I guess that school is just a bunch of perverts. I mean, was there any reason why it was specifically a race with only stripping involved? It's not even like stripping your opponent would necessarily slow them down? If they wanted to test ability it seemed like being able to disarm or disable your opponent would be a better test of such things.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 25, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2019
The above link doesn't work for me. Anywhere else I can watch this?

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.