Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 16, 2017 11:30 PM
Apr 2013
anyone else getting huge rebel alliance vibes from the scene when Julian and co leave the rebel base? The music and framing reminded me so much of star wars, with how romantic it was. So cool.
Apr 18, 2017 7:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yang married!! The Yang´s evolution how person is wonderful, because he take a way, the family way, a great and hard way while the Reinhard way, is the power but alone, is a nice way too, but i don´t like because in one or the mistakes you could fall!!!
Mar 30, 2018 8:18 PM

Jan 2017
*Sigh halfway in 4 days
I'm surprised. Even though FPA lose the war, things not as bad as i thought it's gonna be.

Now that Yang already married, it's about time Reinhard to pick his woman too.
Apr 15, 2018 3:52 AM

Jul 2017
Wow,this new chick is sexy af.
May 2, 2018 5:38 PM
Apr 2018
Good starting episode. Julian at the end looked evil, but I really don't think that was intentional at all.

Hilda's Dad is a bit of a dick isn't he? We had a reference made about the ill brother too and how he wants to meet Reinhard. This seems like an obvious assassination attempt by the Earth cult to me. Why is the brother involved? Well we do know he was a love of Earth's artists and poets like Da Vinchi so he could want the world to go back to those days.

Lennenkampt to me looks like a man who will seriously be out of his depth.

Yang also got married! I have to admit I did not recognise him when he walked down the aisle with his hair all made up! Dusty shaved at last too, that was nice.

Poplan met Borris! Maybe they can talk about Borris' dead cousin Ivan RIP.

So where does Julian know Katerose from? It has to be Phezzan right? That whole subplot of Julian going to Phezzan seemed so pointless that there has to be more to it that Juian talking a quick holiday.

Meerkatz has been assigned to steal ships that are due to be scrapped to bolster their secret fleet. He is never going to change uniform is he?
Sep 26, 2018 11:25 PM

Feb 2017
I still like season 1's OP and ED the best. Not sold on this season's yet. I prefer season 2's over them. But jeez that ending sequence with Julian looking at slides of Yang and friends is way too foreboding.
Sep 27, 2018 6:42 PM
Apr 2018
Julian, the cuck.

I was a bit confused about the surveillance car, was spying on Yang supposed to be secret? The car clearly stand out in the middle of all those trees and it was even using a fake plate.

And Karin is Sailor Moon! Woooh
Mar 15, 2019 3:09 AM

Aug 2017
Interesting ED. There's a picnic with friends who are currently separated - what could that mean? Are they going to reunite eventually? What does Julian staring at the photos mean? I remembered the first ED when he looked up to Reinhard, I wonder if it'll eventually mean anything.

Also, I just want to state that the classical music in this show is freaking epic. Symphony No. 3 by Gustav Mahler in the coronation scene just gives me goosebumps.
St0rmbladeMar 15, 2019 3:13 AM
Nov 9, 2019 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
Julian seems to like her, but she's not
At least for now

Looks like this is the calm before storm
"Signature removed"
Nov 10, 2019 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
Mirorin said:
That ED with Julian looking at the screen makes me worry too. :/

The women in the show, as great as they are, seem to be all love interests... But I'm liking the new girl. I think she suits Julian. :D

Mariandorf has significant agency and moves plot a lot more than she crushes on Reinhard. Sadly, she's exceptional in that regard, though Jessica Edwards had had some great moments before meeting her fate as well.

Awesome as it is, this show hasn't managed to pass the Bechdel test once so far in three seasons. The only times two women have spoken, it's been Anarose+1 talking about the men around them.
Dec 29, 2019 6:26 AM

Nov 2016
Hilda: My cousin wants to see you.

No Reinhard, it's a trap.

Wedding and all was pretty nice, but I would've loved to see an entire episode for it along with a party xD

Then we got Merkatz taking care of military forces untile the time arrives where Yang is going to need them again, oh man, can't wait.

Also looking forward to development between Julian and Katerose. The latter doesn't want to talk about her family and the word exciled was mentioned......masaka!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2020 10:48 PM
Jun 2017
And here I am, halfway through.
Good opening by LISA. I have to say that long haired Reinhardt looks like the epitome of glory. But I wonder, will something happen to Yang, based on the Op?

Also, it's worrisome how Reinhard is alone for the first time. First we had Kircheis. Then, his General Staff. But now it's only Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm. Will this be a sign of a marble tower reign?

Poor Yang. He may excel in the battlefield, but he is totally lost on marriage. I must say that celebrating the birth of a new philosopher made me chuckle loudly.

Now the Alliance is in a dire state. If they don't comply with the Empire, they will be annexed. If they do, the people will revolt, the rebellion will be crushed and they will be annexed nonetheless.

It was interesting to see that only Oberstein, Reuental and Mittermeyer had a special attire in the Coronation ceremony. Maybe my triumvirate idea wasn't too far fetched.

I'm eager to see the rest of Reinhardt's cabinet. Is he still holding the office of Prime Minister? I definitely want to see Oberstein's role from now on, now that his mission is done and his power consolidated. I'm sure Reinhard would have rewarded him properly. If he made Count Mariendorf his Secretary of State, I believe there couldn't be a better reward for Oberstein than the Prime Ministership, or at least the Deputy PM, if there is is such office.

Moving the capital to Phezzan is a daring move. First, it shows that Phezzan autonomy is no more. Second, it states that the Ancien Régime existence has ended. Third, being that Phezzan has been shown to be at the center of the colonized galaxy, that's a very bold statement of total unification.

This Sherwood guerrilla plan is interesting. I wonder if they'll retake the Hyperion, though that would make their roots too obvious in the worst case, and in the best it would put Yang in a dire situation with both the Alliance and the Empire. Though if I was Reinhard I would leave the Hyperion alone, as with the Barbarossa.

Now it's time for Julian to shine. I wonder what will his role be in this story. That girl, Katerose von Kreutzer, seems interesting. It appears that Julian fell in love with her at first sight. Poor Charlotte, though she was sacrificed to make way for character development.

Now that I mention Julian, I'm very concerned by the ending. His importance has been alluded to in the first op and every ending, but this one is different. As with Reinhard, he is alone too, but now Julian is truly alone for the first time. His look of resignation, remembrance and somewhat nostalgia makes me worry about Yang. Will he be alive at the end of this story?
PaulotronatorDec 3, 2020 11:03 PM
Jan 16, 2021 4:38 PM
May 2016
Damn, it's like Poplin is talking to me.
Jun 18, 2021 6:52 AM

Jul 2016
Status_Effect said:
I laughed quite a bit when Julian saw Katerose for the first time and that music kicked in.

I'm sensing a time skip soon.

Probably after Julians trip to earth.
Jul 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Jun 2020
cringing 4 yang... i feel 4 mah boi
Oct 19, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2020
God that ED pisses me off.
astoneonOct 19, 2021 9:36 AM
man.
May 29, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
kinda dragged with popplan girl's talking, but fine opening for the 3rd season.

the new ed made me rewatch the 1st movie, where yang is disappearing and leaving julian alone looking at reinhard. it makes me really unease...

and just as reinhard haven't finished his plans for the empire, seems that though yang gave up his military life, he still don't want to let got of the past.
my only worry is how they gonna make it. so far LOGTH didn't failed me.
though in the OP where reinhard and yang look at each other let me feel like they gonna work together somehow lol.

hope the next season will concentrate more on julian on earth, after so much build up on him he's no.1 interesting character here.
Aug 26, 2022 7:25 PM
May 2021
I love this anime so much!
Oct 14, 2022 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 24, 2022 9:17 AM

May 2018
Great wedding ceremony. Of course Yang's career hasn't ended yet. There are another 55 episode to go after all. Julian found yet another absolute beauty!
Jan 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Aug 2018
Nicely done episode, new op is glorious and emotional like it should be,

Very great seeing all the characters doing their things specially Yang having his wedding moment, hope he has a great life together with Frederica. As for Julian, hope he makes his move with that new stunning looking pilot girl
Mar 1, 2023 1:33 AM

Jul 2017
yang was just too adorable in his wedding clothes.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Aug 28, 2023 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
It's been a long journey so far, and here we are in the half of this walk. The story evolved a lot and the proportions are increasing. Our two protagonists grew a lot, and shared a couple of words about democracy and dictatorship. I'm really interested in Julian's arc development.

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.