Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Nov 2016
I guess even a fleet admiral can be clumsy during his proposal. I also loved Julian "drinking away his sorrow".

And about time they showed us a more detailed depiction of the horror of war and they couldn't have picked a better epsiode than this one. The words of the narrator in addition really packed a punch.

One hell of a battle so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2020 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
I will forever associate Mozart's Bassoon Concerto with Yang Wen-li proposing to Frederica Greenhill.
[7:09] is the part that plays when Yang mans up and prepares the proposal of a lifetime.

xxxATiONJul 19, 2020 12:02 AM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Nov 12, 2020 8:44 PM
Apr 2016
Yang's proposal was so awkward but sweet, it fit his disposition very well. We're finally at the climax of their long-lasting duel.
Nov 30, 2020 10:22 PM
Jun 2017
So Yang finally stopped giving Lt. Greenhill the cold shoulder. Anyway, I couldn't help but feel that was the action of a desperate man who is putting everything in the line, and it's true. It's pretty likely Yang did only propose to Lt. Greenhill as there was a significant chance that Vermillion could be the Alliance's last battle, or even his'.
On the funny side, I would probably say and act the same as Yang did. It's true that he is not a genius in the intimate and general social field.

"I prefer to be governed by the worst democracy than by the best autocracy". Sounds beautiful in theory, but in the practical field it is not so much. After all, the worst democracies always give birth to autocracies, whether they are good or bad. History has shown us that there aren't times more dangerous to live than in those of the worst democracies, when the autocracy is already kicking and mauling inside the womb. Rome, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Russia...

The atrocity of the soldiers' deaths makes this one of my favourite moments of this series so far. War isn't that glorious when you are living it on the spot. It is often said that war takes out the best and the worst that's inside of men, yet they often fail to add that innards aren't always good or bad. The words being said while the violence was spiraling down before our eyes were something that Paul von Oberstein would surely say. I wonder if we'll have an episode dedicated to him, as we had with Reuental. It would be truly good to have some more insight in the grey eminence.
Jan 12, 2021 4:43 AM
May 2016
Konev is relatable. And Julian, too, in an unexpected turn of events, except I haven't drunk alcohol.
Mar 19, 2021 5:36 AM

Jul 2020
The amount of gore was unexpected. Nice to see Yang using more tactics behind his sleeves
May 19, 2021 8:19 AM
Oct 2018
one of the criticisms I had with the show prior to this was that the levels of graphic horror that are actually in war were never really fully displayed. Sure, you had vessels and ships blowing up but it's not ships that we mourn the loss of. As much as Yang claims to be a supporter of the people, the intensely graphic scenes of this episode show that even an idealist like him isn't free from having the blood of thousands, maybe even millions of people on his hands and he knows it. Great episode. I'm eager to see how the fated battle will progress.
Jun 10, 2021 3:56 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:
I guess even a fleet admiral can be clumsy during his proposal. I also loved Julian "drinking away his sorrow".

And about time they showed us a more detailed depiction of the horror of war and they couldn't have picked a better epsiode than this one. The words of the narrator in addition really packed a punch.

One hell of a battle so far.

Such a brutal battle. Can't wait to watch the second half.
Jul 26, 2021 8:10 PM

Jun 2020
yo im seein death flags on frederica 😐😐
Sep 2, 2021 8:37 PM

Dec 2018
lol damn that scene was metal
Dec 23, 2021 9:09 AM
Nov 2020
The Battle of Vermillion. One of the best and most important battles in the series.
May 26, 2022 6:30 PM

Dec 2007
dunno how to explain this, but as many in this thread got bad feeling from yang proposal to feredrica, it feels just as yang's friend proposal to their childhood friend. what happened in the first battle - he died. and later on she died too. (sorry for not remember names)
if yang surely going to die here, it would be the exact same thing the author did, lol. dunno if it's good point to the series or not.

shcenkopp and yang talking about corrupted democracy against pure dictatorship pretty much summarise up all what happened 'till now, and makes me wonder what's going to happen next.

the last scenes with the soldiers dying horribly with that narrating surely makes LotGH a higher place in being honest and realistic.

the only thing bother me otherwise, is that stupid admirals didn't stopped existing. lol
Aug 3, 2022 1:51 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusAug 3, 2022 2:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 23, 2022 3:41 PM

May 2018
Marriage time UwU I hope Greenhill and Yang Wengli both make it out alive.

Also lol at the random moments showing intestines
Jan 11, 2023 2:36 AM

Aug 2018
Really tragic but at the same time exciting episode, showing all those casualties going around battlefield really makes u think twice of the need of this battle

On the other hand Yang finaly made his move on Frederica, but a whole marriage proposal is just insane, can't believe he managed to pull it off, but it makes sense because they might lose their lifes soon. Even Yang himself starts to see that such battle might not be winanble in the first place.

Next episode seems to be the real clash of two brilliant minds, hopefully we will see some beautiful strategic tactics and intense moments
Jun 1, 2023 8:40 AM
Dec 2021
almost perfect, almost. Reinhard made an uncharacteristic mistake, thats my only issue. Other than that, this was perfect.
Nov 10, 2023 5:32 AM

Dec 2018
Some insane dualities (sort of? like not really because they aren't opposing forces, but they are reflected in the same manner) that are pitted against each other in this episode: war and romance, death and acceptance, inhumanity and freedom, ideals and human lives. Each scene that is right subsequent to another very clearly sparks these dualities with as little subtlety as possible. Essentially, the episode is like a whiplash. Never has there been a more direct and confrontational one thus far in the series imo. And precisely because so many things seem to just spur out of nowhere (the proposal, admission of crush that no one expected, ridiculous brutality to a degree that is completely unprecedented, etc.) makes it all-in-all incredibly uneasy.

I don't really hold this show in a very high regard in general, at least not as much as others. I do absolutely enjoy it and all, but I never consider it great. But it's moments like these, scattering throughout the series, that just makes everything else so puny and insignificant. Really nice episode.
. . .
Dec 10, 2023 4:53 PM
Aug 2022
The one thing that caught me off guard in this episode was Julian's jealousy towards Yang finally proposing towards Frederica. Say what? Is it really because Julian has a crush of Frederica?! After having binged 51 episodes of the OVA, this was a subplot was never properly established... if at all. Heck, 4 seasons of Die Neue These didn't even imply such a romantic infatuation either.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
May 3, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.