Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2010 2:57 AM

Jun 2010
The fight is somewhat like Final Fantasy.

White Beard jumps out the ship.

Cooldown 5 mins...

White Beard uses air scratch to shake the world.

Cooldown 5 mins...

lol

It's funny how he finally looked like he'll fight but all that he did was jump out of the ship and not make a single distance from the ship. And did only one big move. Funny how he make others to out to fight while he never tries to go close.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2011 4:28 AM
Nov 2009
Maybe I'm missing something vital, but Whitebeard's kind of getting on my nerves! ^_^ Why won't he just use his power?! Couldn't he destroy those walls really easily? And the fire raining from the sky, isn't there anything ANY of them could do about that, even Whitebeard? :\

I love One Piece, it's my favourite, but it can be really annoying :P
Aug 14, 2011 1:59 AM

May 2010
Woah! Its turning into Armageddon! Finally some fighting by Whitebeard.. That earth tilting is scary! haha If you tick off WB he can literally obliterate the Earth! Akainu is equally scary also.. there's always some way they try to counter every move by the pirates.. which makes it grueling to watch
Dec 16, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2010
Finally, a single good episode. Whitebeard should've done that from the beginning.
Feb 5, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
whitebeard ripping the air with his fingers was pretty much the coolest move i've seen in OP yet.

that combined with akainu's meteors, and you truly begin to see luffy in the way the veterans see him. he's not out of place, but he's one of many, still a rookie, and there's tons of devil fruit users on the field like him and tons that can defeat him. i've never felt like luffy was so - not helpless, but not pivotal to the action scene, because i really don't know what he could do against these big shots.

it's not a bad thing though. you know there's gonna have to be growth and it's something to look forward to.
Oct 27, 2012 7:37 AM

Jun 2011
Uploader53 said:
Wow.. I feel like watching it again because so much action happened (Well maybe the last ten minutes). Didn't really care for Squard and his regret for stabbing Whitebeard...just stop crying dude just fight.

Whitebeard is just crazy with all that power he has. Squard stabbing him didn't effect him one bit. He truly is the strongest man in the world.

That lava guy, however, is giving me some bad vibes...he seems the most powerful out of all the people in the marines...even Luffy was shocked...

Can't wait for next week's episode.

Lol you should try stabbing your dad and don't cry & grieve over shit, try it I dare you. What did you see in this episode, the stabbing WB got didn't affect him one bit? Lmao it weakened him by alot dude. You can't say that he is the most powerful out of all just because of that, lmao you are not even watching the same show as I do.
GennyMon said:
When akainu shot those fire balls up into the sky, and everyone was like "whats he doin'" i was like dudes, have you not heard of what ever goes up must come down?

what did i learn this episode? Pirates are really stupid.

Lol its common sense but One Piece, or rather, anime defies the law of physic man.. Pirates are stupid? That may be true, because they did not receive education like you all did, boya
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 25, 2012 9:54 AM

Mar 2010
Whitebeard has made a maximum of ten attacks.. He really likes being on the sidelines for a long time..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 25, 2013 8:56 PM

May 2013
Holy crap WB's island & ocean tilting move was awesome. Also the lava dude is one bad mofo
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jan 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
that awkward five minute scene of squard and his crying could have been removed...
otherwise i loved seeing whitebeard's power in this episode but the tables have seriously turned with what akainu's done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
Whitebeard is so badass/epic/beast/wow. Now I know why he doesn't fight more. With 5 moves of his, not only Ace but everyone would be dead.
Akainu is so hateable! I have a feeling that I am gonna hate him more and more during One Piece... Unfortunately he is very strong :(
I want this arc to end. Not because I don't like it but cause I can't handle the tension XD
Oct 9, 2014 2:38 AM

Jan 2014
What outrageous power.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 10, 2014 7:45 AM

Oct 2013
Those admirals are so annoying.

Jun 17, 2015 4:37 AM

Jun 2015
KIzaru is some gay type shit

and luffy seems so weak there.
Jul 28, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2015
Whitebeard has an awesome power!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 5:06 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Uploader53 said:
Wow.. I feel like watching it again because so much action happened (Well maybe the last ten minutes). Didn't really care for Squard and his regret for stabbing Whitebeard...just stop crying dude just fight.

Whitebeard is just crazy with all that power he has. Squard stabbing him didn't effect him one bit. He truly is the strongest man in the world.

That lava guy, however, is giving me some bad vibes...he seems the most powerful out of all the people in the marines...even Luffy was shocked...

Can't wait for next week's episode.

It made me mad as well. First beeing stupid and believing something your enemy is saying and then just going on crying the whole time. Come one dude quit it.

Apr 24, 2019 7:46 PM

Jun 2016
Firstly, I want to mention how the battlefield this war takes place on tells its own story. It's one of my favorite parts of this arc, just seeing how it shifts and molds to fit the battle taking place is so awesome. The land this arc started with is nowhere near what it is now. It's been covered with Oars corpse. It's had its water frozen with tsunami walls serving as enclosing ice keeping everyone from escape. That tsunami was cut and later shattered. There is a massive ident in the ice where Luffy's group landed that was initially made by Jozu's attack. And now, the navy town is destroyed, the encircling walls have suffocated Whitebeard's team and magma is raining upon the battlefield, to burn the ships, burn Whitebeard's allies, and melt the ice under his fighters with limited places to escape to. The battlefields shape alone is such a cool story telling device. It's a reminder of every single action that has shaken it. It reminds me how Oda tells stories with scars and swords and hats, I think he really likes to give visual importance to storytelling elements and that's so beautiful!

Secondly, I think Squard is getting some fair and unfair criticism. The reason his reveal as a betrayer was kind of boring to me was because of how obvious it was set up and because it didn't give us a reason to care about him before that. The justifications for why he betrayed Whitebeard and his hatred of Roger afterwards were strong and I could have sympathy for him, he was deceived and was acting out the only thing he could do, to save the allies and get some revenge on the man he trusted. Upon being proven wrong by Whitebeard's display he realized he, as a son, was as stupid as he was and went against his father. It broke him down. His voice work was amazing and it reminded me of Nishikiyama from the Yakuza 0 forest scene with the emotional inflection of Squards voice, the forest scene being some of my favorite voice work I might add. It also led to Marco's powerful line:
  • "can you pay them back by crying?"
Yet despite how much I loved Squard I can admit he was not an organic element of the story, I found him as a plot device regarding his role in the story. It was unexplored beforehand and, to me, there clearly to injure Whitebeard and make us hate Akainu as well as it was to explore Whitebeard's compassion and love of his children/his leadership. It wasn't really about Squard, he hardly had any screen time and his importance was after he acted. We don't know Whitebeard's allies at all essentially, so if we had it would have been more affecting, but I found his inclusion amazing for what he offered and I ultimately have sympathy for him through the reasons for why he acted and his regret which I found quite powerful in its acting. Could he have been better and more organic, most definitely. But as a plot device I think he was a darn good one.

So Whitebeard is finally in the battle. He reflects cannonballs with punches and initiates a charge to the scaffold by literally tilting the sea with his fingers. I am starting to see why he is the man who can destroy the world if he so willed it. I wanna give props to John Giant or whatever his name is. He may not be the brightest but he is committed for the navy and for his cause! He challenged Whitebeard, what the heck! Overall Whitebeard was so cool this episode in the way he pointed to Sengoku to initiate a charge with a smirk on his face and the way he made Sengoku freak out for if that wall did not come things would not look too good.

As for the wall, I'm sure WB could do some damage to it but you have to consider that his attacks are so destructive and there is about nowhere for everyone on his side to run except for Oar's body, and its raining magma. It's not like he can just punch it from so far away that easily without harming a lot of his men, at least I don't think so... A thought I had was that if it isn't some seaprism material then Crocodile could do a dang good job turning it to sand if he can get to it before WB could. Not that he really has good reason to, unless you know maybe he wants WB at his strongest to make his victory matter or something, but that's going into fanfiction territory!

And for some brief thoughts, Kizaru confronted Luffy and some WB commanders and that confrontation was never continued, it was in episode 471. That happened right, like maybe I missed something or we're just supposed to assume the two parties split up after some fighting.. I also thought that there has been a serious lack of Pacifisita's this episode but upon further thought I wouldn't be surprised if as the government fell behind and got ready for the encircling walls they probably moved the pacifista's out of there too. As why would they risk tools that are so expensive to manufacture, they are planning to melt the ice and perhaps an admirals attacks could seriously harm them.
Apr 25, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2012
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Firstly, I want to mention how the battlefield this war takes place on tells its own story. It's one of my favorite parts of this arc, just seeing how it shifts and molds to fit the battle taking place is so awesome. The land this arc started with is nowhere near what it is now. It's been covered with Oars corpse. It's had its water frozen with tsunami walls serving as enclosing ice keeping everyone from escape. That tsunami was cut and later shattered. There is a massive ident in the ice where Luffy's group landed that was initially made by Jozu's attack. And now, the navy town is destroyed, the encircling walls have suffocated Whitebeard's team and magma is raining upon the battlefield, to burn the ships, burn Whitebeard's allies, and melt the ice under his fighters with limited places to escape to. The battlefields shape alone is such a cool story telling device. It's a reminder of every single action that has shaken it. It reminds me how Oda tells stories with scars and swords and hats, I think he really likes to give visual importance to storytelling elements and that's so beautiful!

Secondly, I think Squard is getting some fair and unfair criticism. The reason his reveal as a betrayer was kind of boring to me was because of how obvious it was set up and because it didn't give us a reason to care about him before that. The justifications for why he betrayed Whitebeard and his hatred of Roger afterwards were strong and I could have sympathy for him, he was deceived and was acting out the only thing he could do, to save the allies and get some revenge on the man he trusted. Upon being proven wrong by Whitebeard's display he realized he, as a son, was as stupid as he was and went against his father. It broke him down. His voice work was amazing and it reminded me of Nishikiyama from the Yakuza 0 forest scene with the emotional inflection of Squards voice, the forest scene being some of my favorite voice work I might add. It also led to Marco's powerful line:
  • "can you pay them back by crying?"
Yet despite how much I loved Squard I can admit he was not an organic element of the story, I found him as a plot device regarding his role in the story. It was unexplored beforehand and, to me, there clearly to injure Whitebeard and make us hate Akainu as well as it was to explore Whitebeard's compassion and love of his children/his leadership. It wasn't really about Squard, he hardly had any screen time and his importance was after he acted. We don't know Whitebeard's allies at all essentially, so if we had it would have been more affecting, but I found his inclusion amazing for what he offered and I ultimately have sympathy for him through the reasons for why he acted and his regret which I found quite powerful in its acting. Could he have been better and more organic, most definitely. But as a plot device I think he was a darn good one.

So Whitebeard is finally in the battle. He reflects cannonballs with punches and initiates a charge to the scaffold by literally tilting the sea with his fingers. I am starting to see why he is the man who can destroy the world if he so willed it. I wanna give props to John Giant or whatever his name is. He may not be the brightest but he is committed for the navy and for his cause! He challenged Whitebeard, what the heck! Overall Whitebeard was so cool this episode in the way he pointed to Sengoku to initiate a charge with a smirk on his face and the way he made Sengoku freak out for if that wall did not come things would not look too good.

As for the wall, I'm sure WB could do some damage to it but you have to consider that his attacks are so destructive and there is about nowhere for everyone on his side to run except for Oar's body, and its raining magma. It's not like he can just punch it from so far away that easily without harming a lot of his men, at least I don't think so... A thought I had was that if it isn't some seaprism material then Crocodile could do a dang good job turning it to sand if he can get to it before WB could. Not that he really has good reason to, unless you know maybe he wants WB at his strongest to make his victory matter or something, but that's going into fanfiction territory!

And for some brief thoughts, Kizaru confronted Luffy and some WB commanders and that confrontation was never continued, it was in episode 471. That happened right, like maybe I missed something or we're just supposed to assume the two parties split up after some fighting.. I also thought that there has been a serious lack of Pacifisita's this episode but upon further thought I wouldn't be surprised if as the government fell behind and got ready for the encircling walls they probably moved the pacifista's out of there too. As why would they risk tools that are so expensive to manufacture, they are planning to melt the ice and perhaps an admirals attacks could seriously harm them.

The biggest plot hole is how everyone can hear and talk to each other over the sounds of swords clashing and gunfire while also being several meters apart.
Sep 15, 2020 8:38 AM

May 2016
Whitebeard casually tilting all of Marineford including the surrounding sea was absolutely jaw-dropping and it was yet another feat that proves that he's the most powerful pirate out there without a shadow of a doubt! Akainu raining down gigantic fists of lava on the battlefield was almost as impressive but it was definitely just as horrifying, if not more.

Oars Jr. securing their only path to victory even from beyond the grave was great.

May 30, 2021 6:23 AM

Jun 2019
Whitebeard splits the sea into pieces. LOL
Jul 10, 2021 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
That QUAKE POWER is INSANE

Aug 9, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2020
Dude they're all monstrous man what the hell
Aug 29, 2022 12:13 AM

Apr 2018
Jinbe with the save again! Love him!
Jun 20, 2023 2:08 AM
Oct 2019
Whitebeard kicking ass, love it.

Bruhh Akainu power are super scary.
Sep 4, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2023
Marines lowkey got some tough strats seeing whitebeard fight ez 5/5
Mar 23, 12:38 PM
Dec 2023
Whitebeard is fking badass. Him wrecking shit was so hype.
We finally see akainu in action. Im excited for these 2 powerhouses to fight.
Mar 31, 2:09 AM
Oct 2019
Good episode. I do find it frustrating how it seems they have been running across the ice forever. When oars came through, he almost got to the scaffolding and then the Whitebeard pirates were climbing his body to get through. All of a sudden, no one is that far and everyone is just constantly running across the ice.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 9 hours ago

20 by Slimdudejim »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kevin_video - Sep 19, 2009

129 by kevin_video »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

55 by YudiYusantoS »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 419 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kevin_video - Sep 26, 2009

108 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

10 by GudBoy »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.