Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 4:01 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh god... they assraped their backstory... they totally assraped it...
Jul 2, 2011 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah, they're butchering everything. I always fear larger series like this having inconsistancies in the story line.
Sep 28, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2011
WTF?, why the need of change their backstories like that?
Sep 1, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2013
Yeh I must admit they screwed the pooch with these backstory fabrications. First there was making Lynn an Empress twin, which was bad enough. Now spitting on Toki, Raoh, and Ken's backstory with this wild tale is pretty disgraceful. Still sorta humorous in a pitiful way.
Jan 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
Alas86 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh god... they assraped their backstory... they totally assraped it...

Yeah pretty much. They just throw shit as they go along just so they can continue the story.
And the sad thing is that there was really no need for all this. This is a new mysterious land. There was no reason to make such connection. They could easily get away with it by just saying that powerful rulers with unkown arts exist there etc.
Feb 26, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Lol,but the asspull storytelling isn't much worse than in S1 and the show is still entertaining despite the questionable writing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 12:46 AM

Feb 2017
I thought Lin's backstory was a cool addition because it made for further interconnectedness between Hokuto + Nanto + Gentou, but I agree the Hokuto Shinken brothers coming from Shura is a terrible move for the story, If they were sent as three brothers on the ship, it kinda invalidates the amazing cliff scene with Raoh and Toki. That's how they originally met Ryuuken to train under Hokuto. But if they arrived as three, where was Kenshiro during that?
Oct 13, 2019 5:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahahaha, okay this isn't funny but wtf, Batt got rekt by Lynn, he protected her during all his life, he got huge scars by protecting her etc and finally she admit that she loves Ken even if he wants her to leave and to start a family with Batt.
And what the fuck is going on with the backstory ? I'm sorry but this season is shit compared to the first one, it's still cool to watch but ehh, Hokuto no Ken 1 was a masterpiece.
Dec 25, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Okay they butchered the story from here on, I already found it a bit weird that Raoh knew the Hokuto Ryuken but never used it in the original series. But really? changing the origin story of Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro for this?

And why the hell can't kenshiro beat the other Rasho if Raoh could? And lynn go back home, you are not strong enough for this land if even Falco was defeated...

Apr 4, 2020 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
It was always obvious that they were making things up as they go along, but this new backstory is the worst case yet.
Sep 19, 2021 8:17 AM

Sep 2016
They totally messed the backstories. And what is even worse is... They did the same thing in the manga.
Ashhk said:
Hahahaha, okay this isn't funny but wtf, Batt got rekt by Lynn, he protected her during all his life, he got huge scars by protecting her etc and finally she admit that she loves Ken even if he wants her to leave and to start a family with Batt.

That was my biggest facepalm during the entire series

Nov 8, 2023 5:25 PM
Jul 2023
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees how terrible this episode is. Lin being the twin of the emporer after her parents were killed in front of her is one thing, but now Raoh, Toki, and Kenshiro all came from Asura together? Then why wasn't Ken with them when Ryuken adopted them? Raoh and Toki's parents died causing them to be fighting orphans who are then found and adopted. Ken was not with them. In fact we don't even know how Ken was adopted yet. And what was the point of Jagi literally at all? Jagi was just some dude then? He already didn't matter and was easily the weakest of the four but now he's completely disconnected from the other three? This episode completely retconned everything we have seen up until this point and I'm pissed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 43 Discussion

ballistique - Jan 26, 2009

29 by divlyfein »»
Jan 9, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 29 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 11, 2012

6 by Eziprez »»
Apr 7, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 24 Discussion

ballistique - Jan 25, 2009

11 by Eziprez »»
Apr 6, 2023 10:02 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 40 Discussion

ChungaAvenged - Aug 19, 2016

5 by OweynLupton »»
Feb 20, 2023 6:24 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 17 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 9, 2012

4 by WitchFromMercury »»
May 17, 2022 6:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.