Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2010 8:58 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And for a moment I thought Fukiko became reasonable (I was kinda surprised :P).
Still wondering when Goemon will make his appearance though...
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 8, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2007
The downside to the first Lupin series, or at least these early episodes, is the pacing. They basically take a story along with the plot twists and developments that might fill out your standard James Bond film, and try to cram it all into one 20 minute episode.
Aug 16, 2012 6:59 AM

Feb 2012
I agree about the pacing. It's strange because usually it's the other way round, there not being enough material to cover a whole anime or an episode, but here it seems they have to take several shortcuts and skip explanations (and character development) to fit it all in.
Aug 17, 2012 3:40 AM

Jan 2012
Fujiko beats her score and manages to pull Lupin's leg right at the start. Lupin's perverted face is awesome when he was chasing Linda.

4 / 5
Aug 18, 2012 9:31 PM

Jun 2010
This one didn't make a lot of sense. Lupin is fantastical enough that I don't really bat an eye at the presence of a witch, but why did the experiment with the explosive flowers turn her into a witch? What does her being a witch even mean except that her death was strange and fantastical?

More importantly, Lupin said that he got into the whole mess for the sake of Linda but at some point he just starts fulfilling that doctor's wish list, incredibly forgetting that burning the flowers will kill Linda as well. He doesn't even seem to care when the doctor shoots Linda dead for not much reason (I was kind of expecting him to kick the guy out of the plane) and even goes out of his way to carry out the man's dying wish.
Oct 9, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
TheTsunami said:
The downside to the first Lupin series, or at least these early episodes, is the pacing. They basically take a story along with the plot twists and developments that might fill out your standard James Bond film, and try to cram it all into one 20 minute episode.

I agree that this episode tried to do too much in the time it was given. There was too much going on and a lot of things were just being skipped.

Fronzel said:
This one didn't make a lot of sense. Lupin is fantastical enough that I don't really bat an eye at the presence of a witch, but why did the experiment with the explosive flowers turn her into a witch? What does her being a witch even mean except that her death was strange and fantastical?

More importantly, Lupin said that he got into the whole mess for the sake of Linda but at some point he just starts fulfilling that doctor's wish list, incredibly forgetting that burning the flowers will kill Linda as well. He doesn't even seem to care when the doctor shoots Linda dead for not much reason (I was kind of expecting him to kick the guy out of the plane) and even goes out of his way to carry out the man's dying wish.

This episode had a lot of things that were strange about it including those that you mentioned. At least, the next episode looks promising. A naked Lupin and Zenigata equals win.
May 19, 2014 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah this felt very jumbled together, if the story was a little more fleshed out I would have liked it more. Should have been a 2 parter.
Oct 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
Linda's a witch
She made Lupin promise something

Oh now she's dead, hope no-one wanted more information!
Dec 30, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2011
Fronzel said:
This one didn't make a lot of sense.

You can't put reason into a playboy's head. Just look at Dandy and Cobra.
May 30, 2016 7:03 PM
Apr 2015
Fujiko is such an a-hole. She's the one who said the missile wouldn't travel far with 2 people in it.

This episode did feel a bit rushed. A two episode arc would have been fitting. Especially in that little prison that that gang had. Would have been nice to see more prison shenanigans, but it seems we'll be seeing a lot of that next episode.
Apr 21, 2018 11:37 PM

Jan 2015
Wait, did Fujiko kill the nice girl at the end with the whole missile thing, or was she dead already? Memory's fuzzy, as I didn't have time to watch the whole episode in one day.
Mar 4, 2019 8:01 PM

Oct 2012
I knew the exact moment he get out from the prison cell it was Lupin laughing xD

Apparently every characters introduced in this episode died

And Lupin still love Fujiko Mine, they remind me of Saeba Ryou and Saeko xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Sep 2011
A researcher was held hostage so that a criminal organization could use his discovery/invention for wrongdoings. And his assistant ended up "cursed" in the process, becoming unable to live without those flowers. Well, at least she was freed from this prison by fire I guess... Jigen is really a great partner by the way, always helping Lupin. This time even Fujiko saved him from a shot.
Jun 12, 2019 6:34 PM
Apr 2016
Lupin's got a new woman, only for a bit, though. Seems like the crew is going to be between Lupin, Jigen, and that woman for the rest of this season. Interesting episode.
Nov 26, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
What the fuck is wrong with you, Fujiko. Lupin has a good heart for trying to help that woman.
Quite the dangerous flower there and the doctor got the curse of having their experiment used for the worse.
RIP Linda.
Nov 26, 2019 6:04 PM

Feb 2017
LOL, that exploding boat.
Oct 10, 2021 11:18 PM

May 2019
Fujiko needs therapy.

That music while Jigen and Lupin are bro diving together. Ha!

Nov 1, 2021 10:22 AM

Sep 2018
Always without knowing the synopsis, the viewer will wonder what the character of Lupine III does to survive, since so far it has not been understood, however, yet another enemy for a very hasty and self-contained episode, many things are omitted and left to the imagination of those who watch the episode. Excellent atmosphere during the episode, always light-hearted and nice, even if there was a very small moment a bit dramatic, with a splash of dream. On certain situations, however, it is overlooked a lot due to the limited time available.
Nov 26, 2021 12:08 PM
Apr 2021
The reason why I like-I would say prefer over others-this season is the serious plot,the bittersweet things the athmosphere what comes along with it and the funny scenes.I can't help but smile in these Maasaki episodes too.He is simply the best for directing episodes like this.And the reason of smile is just the simply funny things what happens with the characters.The ending here for example.they don't want to be the funniest directly,it just happens and goes how it goes.I love Lupin's character already there too.
Jan 14, 6:30 PM
Apr 2022
Interessante no total, porém a cena da prisão não teve muito nexo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 15 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 22, 2012

25 by AngelWithGunz »»
Mar 24, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 9 Discussion

Veethorn - Jun 8, 2010

25 by Pitto_ »»
Mar 16, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 7 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 15, 2010

19 by Pitto_ »»
Mar 14, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 17 Discussion

Baldark - Oct 22, 2012

22 by throatmuppet »»
Mar 5, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 14 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 2, 2010

39 by throatmuppet »»
Mar 3, 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.