Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2010 4:22 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I teared up.
Poor Hotohori.

The only thing I didn't get is why didn't he use the Yan-Yan's body like he did before? He would have actually looked like himself.
Nov 28, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 2008
I shed so many tears during this ep that I could barely see straight. I'm glad Tomahome allowed him to borrow his body so that he could hold and talk to his son. *tearing up*
Feb 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2015
Enjoyed seeing Tasuki's feelings for Miaka coming to light. The Prince is so cute...Papa
Oct 29, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
....since i saw the preview in the last episode- i kinda wanna quit watching this after seeing the title ^_^'

...surprised that Tanuki'-... ...actually, isn't he hogging a LOT of screentime since a while back? the hell are you doing, anime?! pshhhhhhh.... woah! she. is. pale!
oh, hi Chichiri- always the straight man, eh? -it's good to have you around..
so i suppose the rivalry this time will be Taka vs Tanuki... ...or wth, all of them wanna have a go at the miko?

...but how did he get her to the beach from the middle of the pool if he can't swim?

...so.. is Yui gonna get "raped", or raped, again?
ouch, but hey, didn't she -still- have Nakago's earring around?!

.............Hotohoriiii ;_;
that's just... too sad T_T!
Aaaaahhhh- Miaka's teddybear!
awhhhh, Hotohoriii.... just remove him from the screen please so it won't be so sad -w-'
what the fugh- that's so unfair..

w-.... hey.... uh, good move but Hoto-hoho-.... should you really possess your own son..? you prolly shouldn't do that?
....you still got that voice tho?

ah- Tanuki, that's not okay even if Hotohoho's inside of there _xD
ah.... ....i'm uncertain about how healthy it is for your son-.. ...woah, yet again; Chichiri's the best guy and he proves it.
nonononono-

waaahhhhhhh..... that's just too sad! why! why did you have to do it ;A;?!
so evil, so butiful, so sad ;_;
it really does feel like a continuation of the original anime, but somehow it's even better. wow, just wow. that was an absolutely excellent episode with Hotohohi and his son T^T!

.....and the preview for the next episode
WHY ARE YOU ALL SO SAD?!

yaaay- post-credit funtime ._.'
i really need this.

...bwahaha _xD!!
wow... yeah, that really eased up some of the tension there, thank gob for that ^_^'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 9, 2017 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
A entire episode dedicated to Hotohori. This is what I wanted to see, but boy, was I jealous.
I love the ending song.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 7, 2021 8:33 PM

May 2015
Not me tearing up at this actually really touching episode dedicated to my man Hotohori.

I'm sure if he hadn't died from his sacrifice to his country that he would've made an excellent father.

Very bittersweet.
Sep 7, 2021 8:34 PM

May 2015
nickylynn said:
Enjoyed seeing Tasuki's feelings for Miaka coming to light. The Prince is so cute...Papa

Fr he was like the biggest Tsundere. And now he's opening up a bit. It's kinda cute.
Sep 7, 2021 8:36 PM

May 2015
YukiPwns00 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I teared up.
Poor Hotohori.

The only thing I didn't get is why didn't he use the Yan-Yan's body like he did before? He would have actually looked like himself.

I believe that even with Yan yan he would've still been just a spirit body that the son still would've gone through him. Since Yan yan just projects the spirits so they can communicate with the living and doesn't serve as a physical body that can do things. Like, fighting for example.
Oct 19, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2010
That could make sense, except doesn't Nuriko use Yan-yan's body to hug Miaka in the last episode of the main series?
Mar 5, 2022 8:58 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Oh yes, the family reunion between Hotohori his wife and his son. A very moving scene indeed! I almost teared up a bit myself.

And ah yes, Tasuki’s feelings towards Miaka are starting to be revealed as well, after that resuscitation scene by the lake. This is gonna make for a very good third episode indeed!
Cosplay_JoeMar 5, 2022 9:53 AM
May 21, 2023 2:21 AM

Jan 2014
wait, isnt the timeframe not matching up with the former OVA?.... ohh wait that was the illusion ofc nvm... WAIT NO that still doesnt add up, if 6 months went by in the real world and 3 months passes by in a day in the book then that means 45 years has passed in the book. they forgot to do their math, hotohoris child shouldnt even be a child at this point
guulaashMay 21, 2023 2:26 AM
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 16, 5:32 AM
Jan 2024
I'm crying now
I just love this episode<33

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 Episode 4 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 11, 2010

4 by Seabury »»
May 23, 2022 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 Episode 3 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 11, 2010

2 by Seabury »»
May 22, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 Episode 1 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Jun 3, 2014

4 by shinydan »»
Aug 8, 2018 1:26 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 Episode 6 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 14, 2010

4 by violity »»
Jan 3, 2017 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi OVA 2 Episode 5 Discussion

passa_p - Mar 31, 2016

1 by Konani »»
Oct 29, 2016 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.