Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 21, 2010 2:13 PM

Feb 2009
Kipcha said:
Because Bacon is perhaps the best tasting food in the history of the planet? I mean, really, there is nothing that tastes or smells better then bacon.

I must must give many many kudos to this. . . Meat is great and there is just nothing in the world like bacon!
Sep 21, 2010 2:43 PM
Jan 2009
Zebraman said:
nameuser said:
As some of you may know, meat production is by 80% the cause of global warming(you thought it was because of cars,right?). Its nourishing substances(protein, iron) can be replaced by plants. Plus, meat costs more than vegetables, so why do people still prefer meat? i am trying to create the perfect alternative to meat, tell me about what you like about the meat, is it its texture, its taste, its seasoning?

i am not vegetarian
I'd like to see a source of that, especially because it's still a bit uncertain how much all things cause global warming.

id recommend the video meat the truth(they take the source from the united nations) but it lasts 1 hour, i think they talk about it 15 minutes after the beginning, check on youtube
Sep 21, 2010 3:03 PM

Aug 2010
Meat is good, vegetables fucking SUCK. Who the hell would prefer a salad over a good steak? Or carrots over bacon? Goddamn I can't understand veggies. Oh well more meat for us...
Sep 21, 2010 4:12 PM

Apr 2010
Ryouiki said:
Why the division between meat eaters and greenies? Our closest biological cousins (chimps and gorillas) are omnivorous. Our species consumes both prey and vegetables since the dawn of time. That's our nature and there's nothing wrong with it.
There isn't anything wrong with eating meat. There is, however, something wrong with how we do it. I am definitely not knowledgable enough about this to get into an argument and hold any ground, but I think this thread addresses several points. Even if you don't feel there's anything wrong with the cruel conditions animals are put through, and you don't believe that global warming is affected by humans, there is at least straightforward evidence pointing towards pollution of water and other resources by farms.
Sep 21, 2010 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
Its good sometimes but i could honestly live without it if i had too.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 21, 2010 7:36 PM

Oct 2009
It's not that eating meat isn't a part of us genetically, as we are technically omnivores, but that there's a very distinct difference between us Humans and Animals. Putting aside that a chimpanzee's diet consists of less than 2% meat, the fact that we humans possess the cognitive ability to reason and deduce the consequences and difficulties associated with certain acts distinctly separates us from our neighboring cousins, the chimpanzee's, and definitely from the rest of the animal kingdom. Humans possess the ability to empathetically share each other's pain, and to some degree, understand it, even if it's foreign to our minds. Animals do not possess this trait. So while a lion may maul a zebra in an absolutely grotesque and horrifying manner, and a chimpanzee may eat the other chimp's face they don't like, we, for the most part, don't choose to acknowledge this regarding each other, even though it's done on our accord. I'm not criticizing you if you eat meat, but saying that we should eat meat because "they", the dribbling retards called ANIMALS for a reason, eat meat is an absolutely ridiculous excuse.

Sep 21, 2010 8:40 PM
Dec 2007
Psht, merely words. We barely empathize with other humans outside our immediate family and neighbors. For all our supposed superiority over our simian relatives we still live our lives with a me-me-me mentality.

And I'm sure we could find a LOT of people we could label drooling retards. At least the animals have the excuse of not knowing any better.

Sep 22, 2010 12:55 PM
Jul 2010
lol What do I like about meat ? Hahaha, obviously taste?
Sep 22, 2010 1:14 PM

May 2010
Meat is better than any food IMO.
I like other things, but meat has the best taste.
ZarolaSep 22, 2010 1:18 PM
Sep 22, 2010 2:33 PM
Dec 2007
Luisa-chan said:
Global warning is because of meat? -.- even with an explanation it doesn't make sense
You can't find protein in vegetables, I know people who went to the hospital because they were vegetarian, so it is not healthy to eat only vegetables, and anyway, meat is great ^^
They probably had a bad diet. Vegetarians need a far more diverse diet in order to get all the necessary nutrients. Also, they have to be carefull to know what foods to mix so they don't interfere with one another. For example, there's plants that get in the way of the proper absorption of Iron by the body. Not to mention, the iron obtained through vegetarian regimes is also harder to absorb by the body.

Sep 22, 2010 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
Because it's yummy!
Sep 22, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2009
Meat is the best! Nice n juicy :) i like my steak raw!
Sep 22, 2010 3:21 PM

Apr 2008
LordCooler said:
Who the hell would prefer a salad over a good steak? Or carrots over bacon?

*raises hand*

ME! ^.^

I've always loved veggies. Meat fills me up more than veggies but veggies taste better to me. So I'm a happy camper having my meat AND my veggies together. I almost always pass up steak though. I've never cared for it. But I LOVE ham, turkey, chicken and burgers. YUM!
Sep 22, 2010 4:17 PM

Oct 2009
Luisa-chan said:
Global warning is because of meat? -.- even with an explanation it doesn't make sense
You can't find protein in vegetables, I know people who went to the hospital because they were vegetarian, so it is not healthy to eat only vegetables, and anyway, meat is great ^^

Wait, what!? Yes you can find proteins in vegetables o_0 And plenty of it.
Hell, there are some variety's of seaweed which have even more protein than meat.

Sep 24, 2010 9:03 PM

Sep 2010
Meat tastes fricken good. I love vegetables too, though. But I wanna eat 'em with the meat. Beeeeeeeef. Beef and vegetable soup!
Sep 26, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
cause I like to eat the flesh of lower life forms. *laughs evilly*
Sep 29, 2010 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
I like meat more then your average guy, you'll just have to trust me on that one. But, I also love me my vegetables and fruit too. The perfect blending of food though is meat WITH fruits and vegetables. The combination of the flavors and textures are freakin' amazing, if your ignoring any of those things because you don't like them then you are not living your life to it's full potential. The blend of food that humans are capable of eating must be enjoyed at all times, meat, fruits, and vegetables. Anything less is sub-optimal living in my book.
Oct 1, 2010 7:23 PM
Jan 2009
Spazztik said:
Kipcha said:
Because Bacon is perhaps the best tasting food in the history of the planet? I mean, really, there is nothing that tastes or smells better then bacon.

I must must give many many kudos to this. . . Meat is great and there is just nothing in the world like bacon!

vegetarian bacon
Oct 1, 2010 7:26 PM
Jan 2009
N1nj4br34dm4n said:
I like meat more then your average guy, you'll just have to trust me on that one. But, I also love me my vegetables and fruit too. The perfect blending of food though is meat WITH fruits and vegetables. The combination of the flavors and textures are freakin' amazing, if your ignoring any of those things because you don't like them then you are not living your life to it's full potential. The blend of food that humans are capable of eating must be enjoyed at all times, meat, fruits, and vegetables. Anything less is sub-optimal living in my book.

blend. you mean you mix them all together like a smoothie?
Feb 22, 2011 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
well im not much of a meat person besides chicken and hamburger meat

i guess i just like the taste even though i do feel bad about how it once had a life too =(
Mar 2, 2011 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
I don't eat every meat unlike my parents. I love chicken, hamburger beat, sausage, hot dogs, bacon, pork, and does eggs count?
I eat meat but I love animals. I don't think I won't even last a day if I become a vegetarian.
Mar 2, 2011 3:50 PM

Jan 2011
everything. PROTEIN!!!!!
this is my god damn signature.
Mar 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
Well it tastes good for one thing, but I think if you were raised eating meat it would only be natural that you like the taste of it and keep eating it.

We are omnivores, if we could live on only plants, don't you think we would have done it by now. But if we didn't eat meat, what would you do, kill all the cows because of global warming. Sooner or later someone will say that humans themselves cause global warming. What then, would you have us all killed too. I think all this global warming crap is been taken way to far. We have had a colder winter this year and a couple years ago a hotter summer, and everyone yells out " It's global warming." I'm not saying that we haven't helped the situation, but the earth has gone through many changes in it's life. Where there were once thick rain forest, now there are deserts, the earth it's self changes even if we are not here.
Mar 2, 2011 4:20 PM

Feb 2005
Well it tastes good for one. And best of all, it allows me to CHOMP, REND AND TEAR with my TEEF, which is a suitably savage and highly satisfying way to eat.
The enjoyment incurred by the delightful resistance in the flesh of a once living animal is worlds above the watery weakness of salad and it's greenstuff kin.
Mar 2, 2011 4:42 PM

May 2009
Juicy, tasty, fills the belly. Mm mm. Eating meat gives a kind of satisfaction I just can't find in any other kind of food. Of course, I still love vegetables and all. They also give a kind of satisfaction that meat can't give.
Mar 2, 2011 4:50 PM
Jan 2009
It's yummy that's why and because we're in the higher food chain so almost everything is eatable =]
Mar 2, 2011 6:17 PM

Sep 2009
I think the texture of meat is very easy to reproduce. I don't eat mean anymore, but when I did, the things I think the faux meats currently lack is the sensation of fatty bits. I think it could be possible to reproduce that by mashing eggplant or shiitake mushrooms into the meat textured plant stuff. I also really liked chicken skin, and the closest thing I found to that is textured Chinese mock duck. Or, in the case of fish skin, I think wet nori seaweed is very similar.
Mar 24, 2011 7:13 PM

Mar 2011
I like the texture of meat, so faux meat in vegetarian restaurants are fine with me.
But I enjoy naming my seafood before eating them; I named a mussel Christina before chewing it up yesterday... yum yum...
Mar 24, 2011 7:15 PM

May 2009
I like how it's delicious.
Mar 24, 2011 8:53 PM
Aug 2010
I do like the taste of meat and how I tend to feel fuller after eating it as opposed to vegetables. But I'm not so much into red meat, I tend to have a weak stomach and get sick after eating certain meats (which is why I always like it well done). But even so I am a huge fan of fish and grilled chicken especially. I had a grilled chicken sub today... so good.. :P
But sometimes hamburgers and other ground up meat products gross me out. I'd rather have a whole piece from the same animal as opposed to bits and pieces from tons of animals mushed together.
Mar 24, 2011 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
Baman said:
Well it tastes good for one. And best of all, it allows me to CHOMP, REND AND TEAR with my TEEF, which is a suitably savage and highly satisfying way to eat.
The enjoyment incurred by the delightful resistance in the flesh of a once living animal is worlds above the watery weakness of salad and it's greenstuff kin.
lol

nameuser said:
MomeRath said:
The blood
you eat raw meat?
There's actually no blood in (properly prepared) meat, well done or raw. That red juice is just water mixing with something from the meat, which gives it that red color. I can't remember specifically what that thing is, though.
Mar 24, 2011 10:14 PM

Oct 2008
I LEK MEET CUZ ITS LIKE YOU KNOW, MEATY AND ITS SOME GOOD TASTING SHIT, YO. FUKKIN VEGANS DONT KNOW WHAT DEY MISSIN'.
KarubiMar 24, 2011 10:17 PM
Mar 24, 2011 10:29 PM

Jun 2010
Boxing diet requires more protein and 'complex' carbs. Still means no burgers, pizza or fried chicken (well poultry).

Either way im glad I can enjoy some grilled steaks, lean chops, and occasionally ribs.
Mar 25, 2011 12:07 AM

Aug 2009
AbstractCalamity said:

nameuser said:
MomeRath said:
The blood
you eat raw meat?
There's actually no blood in (properly prepared) meat, well done or raw. That red juice is just water mixing with something from the meat, which gives it that red color. I can't remember specifically what that thing is, though.

You are absolutely right, nearly all blood is removed from meat (because it would be a great medium for microrganisms), only insignificantly small amount is left in the muscle tissue.
The red liquid is water mixed with myoglobin (protein that gives meat red colour).
Mar 25, 2011 5:19 AM

Mar 2011
Meat production does not cause global warming, that's an egregious fallacy. Humankind has been cultivating and harvesting livestock for meat for longer than we have records of, and it has not had an adverse effect on the atmosphere in any way.

I like meat, because besides being delicious, it is the most efficient and natural way for the body to acquire proteins, base tissue and omega acids required for brain development.
I sell catnip to catgirls in $20 baggies.
Mar 25, 2011 6:17 AM

Sep 2009
HerpinMyDerp said:
Meat production does not cause global warming, that's an egregious fallacy. Humankind has been cultivating and harvesting livestock for meat for longer than we have records of, and it has not had an adverse effect on the atmosphere in any way.

You are forgetting that not only has human population exponentially grown in the past 100-200 years, requiring that much more food, but new animal "farming" methods have been developed to accommodate it. Factory or Industrial Farming, the practice of placing thousands on animals in a confined space and turning slaughter into an assembly line, is a very new development (somewhere in the middle to late last century) which is fundamentally different from the traditional small, family-owned, free range farms. This is what's spreading disease, contaminating groundwater, and polluting the air - and most meat comes from these places. Because of this (incredibly detrimental, imo) increase in "efficiency" of meat production, people are actually eating much more meat now than they have been in the thousands of years prior.

(Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, you can google more if you like)
Neiru2013Mar 25, 2011 6:26 AM
Mar 25, 2011 6:49 AM

Mar 2011
Neiru2012 said:
HerpinMyDerp said:

You are forgetting that not only has human population exponentially grown in the past 100-200 years, requiring that much more food, but new animal "farming" methods have been developed to accommodate it. Factory or Industrial Farming, the practice of placing thousands on animals in a confined space and turning slaughter into an assembly line, is a very new development (somewhere in the middle to late last century) which is fundamentally different from the traditional small, family-owned, free range farms. This is what's spreading disease, contaminating groundwater, and polluting the air - and most meat comes from these places. Because of this (incredibly detrimental, imo) increase in "efficiency" of meat production, people are actually eating much more meat now than they have been in the thousands of years prior.

(Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, you can google more if you like)

And what exactly does meat have to do with this? (Hint: Nothing.)

The same can be said for every single commercial industry in existence. Replace "meat" with "clothing" "entertainment" "transportation" and you have the same outcome.
I sell catnip to catgirls in $20 baggies.
Mar 25, 2011 7:05 AM

Sep 2009
HerpinMyDerp said:
And what exactly does meat have to do with this? (Hint: Nothing.)

...which is why I distinguished traditional farms from factory farming. It's the unnatural concentration of animals multiplied all over to increase so-called "efficiency" and the human diet becoming saturated with more meat compounded with global population growth that's creating problems, not the act of eating meat itself. Not only are we over-producing meat, but we're also doing it in the worst possible way for humans, animals, and the environment.

HerpinMyDerp said:
The same can be said for every single commercial industry in existence. Replace "meat" with "clothing" "entertainment" "transportation" and you have the same outcome.

And we should be working to reduce the harmful effects of all these industries, what's your point? It doesn't change that increases in factory farming produces an increase in pollution on a scale the world has never seen before in terms of food production, and that we can change things in our lives, in our culture, and in our methods to combat the environmental impact. To proceed otherwise is unsustainable.
Neiru2013Mar 25, 2011 8:16 AM
Mar 25, 2011 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
I love meat because of the simple fact that we have to kill something to do it. hahaha (evil smile)
Mar 25, 2011 8:11 AM

Sep 2010
I also like steamed vegetables but I really don't know why. Sometimes I wish to eat healthier and not just have meat but people like my dad, they seem to get mad at the idea if you suggest good ole vegetables and just meat.

Mar 25, 2011 10:07 AM

Jul 2009
@global warming discussion
Global Warming is a natural occurance, it would happen even without us.

OT: it's delicious !
Mar 25, 2011 10:25 AM

Feb 2005
Neiru2012 said:
And we should be working to reduce the harmful effects of all these industries, what's your point? It doesn't change that increases in factory farming produces an increase in pollution on a scale the world has never seen before in terms of food production, and that we can change things in our lives, in our culture, and in our methods to combat the environmental impact. To proceed otherwise is unsustainable.
I'm betting the point is that it's only silly propaganda to blame the meat industry as an argument for vegetarianism.
After all, global warming is affected (however slightly) by nearly all human industry. Vegetable production included.

I'm all for virus bombing the majority of the human population, pack the productive remainder in giant arcologies and make a workforce of robots tend to all production in tightly packed underground factories and hydroponics labs, but unfortunately, it's likely to be rather on the expensive side.
Mar 25, 2011 7:55 PM

Oct 2010
I like meat because it's good, and Alice from Pandora Hearts likes it :)
Mar 25, 2011 9:25 PM

Jun 2008
I prefer meat because its delicious.. and as a human I like to pamper myself in delicious tastes and aromas
Mar 25, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
It's all about the taste. NOTHING beats the taste of a nice thick, bloody, juicy rib-eye. Everything about it is win. The taste, texture and aroma. Add some deep-fried prawns to that and maybe a baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream and I'd die happy if that was my last meal. Just my opinion though......

Mar 25, 2011 10:30 PM

Apr 2010
Pikarita said:
I like meat because it's good, and Alice from Pandora Hearts likes it :)

lol........... epic
Mar 25, 2011 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
I'm a meat cutter at a local grocery store here...

I like about everything about it : )
Mar 25, 2011 10:53 PM

Apr 2010
I really want a hardcore vegetarian hippies to join in this thread..
Mar 25, 2011 11:18 PM

Sep 2009
You do realize that the actual purpose of this thread is for people to describe specific things they like about meat because the person who started the topic wants to create a better meat substitute, right?
Mar 26, 2011 1:52 AM

Aug 2010
I love bacon! It's the greatest. BTW after a long hiatus, a new router and OS I am back, u guys prolly didn't even notice I was gone but....u can't prove it!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.