Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2010 4:08 PM
Feb 2008
Hello guys :). I'm a big fan of Kaichou wa maid sama and I would like to know if there is going to be a second season. There are only 4 episodes left and I can't see how it's going to end in only 4 episodes. There's too much stuff going on and Hinata just appeared :-?? so what do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2010 4:11 PM

May 2010
Thank goodness it has only four more episodes left. Redfoxoffire's review pretty much summed up how overrated it is.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 27, 2010 4:20 PM
Feb 2008
Well when I watch an anime I don't care that ppl say it's overrated or not. I just watch it because I like it. If you don't like it you don't watch it right? So you don't have to go all the way and tell me it's overrated. It has nothing to do with the question I asked. If that's your opinion fine but i'm still waiting for an answer :D
Aug 27, 2010 4:24 PM

Jan 2008

Anyways, just think of the entire show as Special A. Open ending.

Might want to have post this in the section specifically for the anime as well.
Aug 27, 2010 4:27 PM

Apr 2010
Confucius said:
Thank goodness it has only four more episodes left. Redfoxoffire's review pretty much summed up how overrated it is.

Too bad he hates LOGH and Gintama but back on topic... I personally think the anime is a great shoujo which is very accesible.
ANYWAYS it probably will get a second season eventually, the manga is very far ahead of the anime right now so you could always read the manga.
Aug 27, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2010
ayEwyllie said:
Confucius said:

Too bad he hates LOGH and Gintama but back on topic... I personally think the anime is a great shoujo which is very accesible.
ANYWAYS it probably will get a second season eventually, the manga is very far ahead of the anime right now so you could always read the manga.

Who cares about what else he hates!

Besides, if there was a season two, it would have been announced in the news board. So far it's only an OVA release.

That answered the OP question?

EDIT: He dropped LoGH.
Aug 27, 2010 4:35 PM
Feb 2008
I am already reading the manga, that's why I said that there are too many things going on. I really hope there will be a second season T_T I was disappointed with the way Special A ended too T_T. Thanks for the answers and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Can someone move it? ^ ^
azu0oAug 27, 2010 4:41 PM
Aug 27, 2010 4:44 PM

May 2010
azu0o said:
I am already reading the manga, that's why I said that there are too many things going on. I really hope there will be a second season T_T I was disappointed with the way Special A ended too T_T. Thanks for the answers and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Can someone move it? ^ ^

I have already answered your question, probably should be closed or moved to the Spam forum
Aug 27, 2010 4:49 PM
Feb 2008
Confucius said:
azu0o said:

I have already answered your question, probably should be closed or moved to the Spam forum

you make me laugh :)) you're like a spoiled brat :D well fine do as you like
Aug 27, 2010 6:18 PM

Feb 2010
azuOo said:

you make me laugh :)) you're like a spoiled brat :D well fine do as you like

And you make me laugh with silly comments like this. He only answered your question :/

Personally, I don't think anything about Kaichou wa Maid-sama warrants a second season. At best, it should have only been a thirteen episode series - but no, it insisted on dragging its sorry ass all the way to twenty-six. It's a generic shoujo that didn't even try to differentiate itself from all the other crap out there.

In any event, since Maid-sama is twenty-six episodes, and a special has been announced, I doubt a second season will be announced soon - especially if the manga is still ongoing, or if the anime has caught up to it. There are many other (better) shoujo with ongoing manga that never got a second season (take Skip Beat for example), so that casts even more doubt on whether Maid-sama will get a sequel any time soon.
Aug 27, 2010 6:26 PM
Jun 2010
For me, Kaichou-Wa Maid Sama ending at episode 8, everything after that is [insert an insult]

There are many other (better) shoujo with ongoing manga that never got a second season (take Skip Beat for example)

Yes, very true. Unfortunately it's not about how good the anime is, it's about how popular it is and how well the first season sells...

Aug 27, 2010 8:22 PM

Oct 2009
I hope it doesn't get a second season.

I'd rather something like Kimi ni Todoke get a second season instead. When I compare them both, Kimi ni Todoke is better than Maid-sama in every aspect.

I actually liked Maid-sama though, when it first started. It was generic but still enjoyable. But somewhere along it just all felt like filler with no development to anything.
Aug 27, 2010 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
Ousto said:

I'd rather something like Kimi ni Todoke get a second season instead. When I compare them both, Kimi ni Todoke is better than Maid-sama in every aspect.

I actually liked Maid-sama though, when it first started. It was generic but still enjoyable. But somewhere along it just all felt like filler with no development to anything.

I totally agree with you on Kimi ni Todoke. That show is just an emotional ride that I loved. However, I think Maid-sama would be okay with another season. It's not great but still enjoyable.
Aug 28, 2010 12:52 AM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:
Ousto said:

I totally agree with you on Kimi ni Todoke. That show is just an emotional ride that I loved. However, I think Maid-sama would be okay with another season. It's not great but still enjoyable.

I love Kimi ni Todoke, I wish it did. But yeah, with Maid-sama, it feels like nothing develops. I'm only still following it cos I liked usui in the manga. He's weirdly funny =3
Aug 28, 2010 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
I really love Kaichou wa Maid-Sama...

but I really dont see it getting a 2nd season...

As for a different story, i would LOVE if Kimi ni Todoke or Skip Beat had a second season..

they both ended cliff-hanger like..
As if the director was telling us "CONTINUE IT IN THE MANGA!! >;O"

Even though the story in the manga and anime is the same, it would b nice to see it ANIMIZED!
Aug 31, 2010 10:10 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
ayEwyllie said:
Confucius said:

Who cares about what else he hates!

Besides, if there was a season two, it would have been announced in the news board. So far it's only an OVA release.

That answered the OP question?

EDIT: He dropped LoGH.

Oh hey there. You should know: I'm a girl. Also, I don't hate LoGH, I just couldn't enjoy it (my list scores are based more on enjoyment than other factors). I do respect it for what it is. Gintama I hate. But this topic isn't about those two, so...

Ousto said:

This, entirely. Kimi ni Todoke was great and totally needs another season. I don't really care if Maid-Sama gets another season as long as it doesn't get in the way of something actually good since I doubt I'd watch it anyway.
Sep 3, 2010 4:11 PM
Aug 2010
I hope it gets a second season, I really enjoy watching it.

Lulexiaa said:

As for a different story, i would LOVE if Kimi ni Todoke or Skip Beat had a second season..

they both ended cliff-hanger like..
As if the director was telling us "CONTINUE IT IN THE MANGA!! >;O"

I agree, I don't think Kaichou getting a second season is as important as animes like Skip Beat! (I havent seen knt yet)
But it would be nice, since I usually get really distracted when reading manga and end up forgetting half of what I read anyways.
Sep 9, 2010 3:53 PM

Sep 2008
If they did make a second season, I hope it would be only a 12-13 episode deal. I'm confident though that they can wrap things up in the few episodes they have left.
Sep 9, 2010 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
Please no.
Sep 9, 2010 8:07 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
There's probably gonna be a second season, but we're not gonna get for awhile.

Sep 10, 2010 9:02 PM

Dec 2008
See, I wouldn't mind if Kaichou got a second season, but only if Skip Beat! got one too. I would be hella pissed if Kaichou got one and Skip Beat! didn't. Hella, hella pissed. I don't care about sales and likelihood and that jazz; it's just so painfully obvious that Kaichou is the far inferior of the two.

And I hated KnT, but I liked the art, so I would probably watch a second season.
Oct 4, 2010 1:08 PM

Sep 2010
I dont really know how this anime did with its ratings since I watched all of the episodes online but I thought it was a very well done series.

Does anyone know any info on how it did and if they are going to renew it?
Oct 14, 2010 8:35 PM

Oct 2010
i personally think that they will have a second season (:
i have a few facts to back it up but i'm not 100% sure ;
- hinata hasn't given up yet
- misaki never said she loves usui yet
- at the last episode usui said " how should i tell her " and seemed troubled by it , maybe they'll explain it in season 2 ?
- we didn't get to know more about usui
- the ending song was different , it also showed usui & a woman & a big house .maybe sneak peaks of season 2 ?

also the producers are wondering if they should have a second season . they're having a debate althoo nothing is confirmed yet ):
i really hope they have a second season ! if they do i think ( i haven't read the manga , just in case season 2 comes out !! ) that it might involve usui moving away and misaki stopping him . that happens a lot in animes . but idunno , they always take me by surprise lol . hope i helped ^^
Oct 15, 2010 7:58 AM

Apr 2008
It's 50-50. A lot of anime are cliffhangers. Like Gakuen Alice and Special A for example.

Oct 15, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2010
I also believe that it will have a 2nd season.Why most shoujo anime are cliffhangers???????
Oct 20, 2010 4:47 PM

Oct 2010
i know ! i hate how sometimes the anime just ends meanwhile the manga continues ! D:
Oct 22, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2009
ahh,i so want 2nd season..
Oct 22, 2010 10:57 AM

May 2009
Hmm I think there would be a second season since the ending song is bothering me (and I think more people) much XD There are strangers playing in it, and Usui being a child and being all rich and stuff.. And also: you don't know anything about Usui. There must be a reason that he felt in love with Misaki, so I hope we will know that someday... (im not into reading the manga over watching the anime :$)
Plus, Hinata hasn't give up yet..

I don't really agree with cutiefee (sorry:$) because special A didn't have that much of a cliffhanger like Kaichou wa maid-sama! does have.. well who knows?

PS. this is the first time I liked a love triangle between Usui, Misaki and Hinata. None of them really irritated me that much, plus, Hinata is really cute! I felt sorry for him :(
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 23, 2010 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
@ Zyukichan

yeah i agree ! at first hinata really bothered me since i was like crazy over usui , but after knowing his side of the story i felt the same way . and about usui , yeah we barely know anything about him . i really want to know more about his past . i'm also not reading the manga , hoping for another season :D
i read somewhere that it takes the company about 6 months to decide ? and to tell us ? siggh that's gonna be a long time . i hope it's sooner thoo ! (:

PS : how do you like Yosugo no Sora ? i'm also watching it . but what are your thots on it so far ? ;\
Nov 18, 2010 4:47 AM
Nov 2010
when will be the second season of kaichou wa maid sama? i hope someone will answer my question. ;)
Feb 3, 2011 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
2nd season is a must..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2011 11:17 AM
Nov 2009
The anime needs to explain more of Usui's story, and his past,
There is a special episode set to be released in April, yet I don't know what it will involve
Feb 5, 2011 10:30 AM
Dec 2010
Eh, there was supposed to be a second season in 2010 supposedly, might be pushed to this year, who knows.
Feb 18, 2011 5:22 PM

Oct 2010
Kaichou wa Maid-sama is a VERY popular Shoujo Comedy Romance Anime Series.

If you guys didn't know that, the thing about Comedy, is it doesn't need a great Story with huge events and tragic things happan to the world or the characters.

A very popular story called Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has really no story develop at all, and It's a very popular and highrated Comedy. Personally I think the Comedy in that series is not that funny, so got bored with that.

If you like the Comedy, you will continue watch.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama has a great Comedy flow to it. It is highrated and popular because of the Comedy and Romance that's created in a good combination.

It is bound to get a Second Season. I hope it does, cuz I did not see an ending. I saw a Second Season. They just confessed to each other, like toradora it could end. But Toradora showed a definite Ending. Kaichou wa Maid-sama did not. They left questions regarding Hinata, how will the relationship workout? It's a weird one after all. Sakura and the Singer?
To end a shoujo like this, I hate it. I hate endings in generall but leaving not a clear answer is worse when something ends.

13 episodes is way to short for shoujo. btw. 26 good for 1 season. One of the best and most popular Shoujo CLANNAD has 2 seasons about 50 episodes. Follow the example.
Feb 28, 2011 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
Merged topics.
Mar 2, 2011 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
Cornholio77 said:
13 episodes is way to short for shoujo. btw. 26 good for 1 season. One of the best and most popular Shoujo CLANNAD has 2 seasons about 50 episodes. Follow the example.

Clannad is not Shoujo. That one would be closer to Shounen.
Mar 2, 2011 10:35 AM

Oct 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Cornholio77 said:

Redfoxoffire said:
Cornholio77 said:

An interesting statement.
Have you ever watched a shounen anime or read one?

A typical shounen manga, for example Dragon Ball, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Bleach, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist or the new Beelzebub.
All shounen manga. What can we easily say it consist off?
Battles, main character is a gutsy male person. Some have slightly perverted stuff, not on the ecchi level, but there is always something. A "romance story" could be involved. But that would be maybe maximum 1 minute in a episode. It's what we call "the dott over the i", that little something that made it a bit more interesting.
Genre often incl: Action, Super Power

EHM, Shoujo Mangas.
Typical Shoujo: Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Myself; Yourself, Skip Beat, Special A.

What does the most shoujo consist off? Main char is female, sometimes it can be a boy. Drama and romance, conflicts and pretty moments, girl having troubles, or boy.

Genres often incl: Romance, Drama.

Clannad, is a romance drama story. What dont make it a shoujo i dont know, but it hell is not a shounen. They dont even have a kiss in the entire series and still have a freakin baby. Dont call that manga for men. jeez..
Mar 6, 2011 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
This show bombed in Japan, it sold like shit. So I don't think we'll get a second season.
Which I don't mind, cause this show is terribly overrated.

Cornholio77 said:
An interesting statement.
Have you ever watched a shounen anime or read one?

A typical shounen manga, for example Dragon Ball, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Bleach, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist or the new Beelzebub.
All shounen manga. What can we easily say it consist off?
Battles, main character is a gutsy male person. Some have slightly perverted stuff, not on the ecchi level, but there is always something. A "romance story" could be involved. But that would be maybe maximum 1 minute in a episode. It's what we call "the dott over the i", that little something that made it a bit more interesting.
Genre often incl: Action, Super Power

EHM, Shoujo Mangas.
Typical Shoujo: Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Myself; Yourself, Skip Beat, Special A.

What does the most shoujo consist off? Main char is female, sometimes it can be a boy. Drama and romance, conflicts and pretty moments, girl having troubles, or boy.

Genres often incl: Romance, Drama.

Clannad, is a romance drama story. What dont make it a shoujo i dont know, but it hell is not a shounen. They dont even have a kiss in the entire series and still have a freakin baby. Dont call that manga for men. jeez..

Clannad is not shoujo. Shoujo anime are for girls between the age of 12-18. Clannad is a harem anime (1 guy, multiple girls), a harem done very well, and harems are aimed towards the male audience.
Its source material, the visual novel, is about "picking" a girl and follow her route by making all kinds of different choices, like most visual novels. I don't think girls would like playing this, since it's aimed at men. That's why there are reverse harems, like Hakuouki and Starry Sky; 1 girl and multiple men. These are shoujo anime.

Shounen anime aren't only comedy and fights like Fairy Tail and Dragonball Z. Shounen is a genre of anime that's aimed towards males that are 12-18 years old, that's all.
Clannad definitely aimed towards men, since it's got cute girls and stereotypes all over the place. (Tsundere, the incredibly quiet girl that hardly speaks but opens up later, the tomboyish girl etc.)
Apr 8, 2011 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
The rating in Japan are very high, so there is every likely-hood that there will be a second season. Also the manga of this anime continues beyond the events in episode 26. Without spoiling the story, you learn more about Usi and his family and the events surrounding Usi and Misa-chan become more intense due to Usi's family. I believe that they are going to make a second season, because if you look at the end credits of the last few episodes they are different from the first dozen or so episodes. You see Usi as a child and a women walking away from a very rich looking house. I will not tell you who, or why, or, even what is going on here because it would ruin the story for you all, but needless to say they creators of the anime are giving you glimpses into what goes on in the future of the manga, so it stands to reason that they are going to make a second season. (Or this could just be my imagination playing out what I really want.)

Also the company that airs the series (TBS - Tokyo broadcasting system) has the series' episode guide which lists the status of the anime as either currently airing, if they are debating a second season or if it is complete by listing the total number of episodes. Maid-sama is listed as TBD (to be determined) rather then others that are completed are listed by the number of episodes that they have. So, this should give everyone hope that there will be a second season, especially since the season had such high ratings in Japan and in the US.
Apr 9, 2011 12:21 AM
Apr 2011
Is it true that the season 2 of this anime will be released this April ?!
GOSHHHHHHHHH ~ ! I'm totally looking forward for it . Hope it's true :)
Kyaaaaaaa ~
Apr 22, 2011 12:29 PM
Apr 2011
I hope there will be a season 2 of KWMS, with lots of episodes.. Also, I've read somewhere that there is a special episode for that will be broadcast on May..

Also, anyone knows when will be the next chapter of this manga woll be realease? thanks..
May 19, 2011 2:01 AM

Jan 2011

I wouldn't call Fullmetal Alchemist a typical shounen.
Sure, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is, and apparently the manga is as well. But the Fullmetal Alchemist anime is deep and thought provoking.
Most shounen anime are not.

I would say Clannad is neither shounen nor shoujo, but more of something in between.
Personally I loved Clannad, and I loved Kimi ni Todoke, and I loved Maid-Sama. Because there's room for more than one. And I definitely hope there will be a second season. It's boring when the entire anime is about getting TO the relationship and nothing about the relationship. It cuts off just before the good parts.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 23, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2008
Well, it is so that people will read the manga. I personally liked and loved the manga better than the anime version. Yes, I started watching first the anime, then went ahead to read the manga after the last episode.

Most of all, the manga is not yet complete and is still publishing, it mostly have atleast 15 episodes more to animate. But I don't know if season 2 could sell out cost most of all the remaining story, scenes in the manga unanimated are more dramatic

Based on the last chapter of the manga, the story can still go on for like 10-20 more chapters before it can have a fitting end if the mangaka won't stretch it anymore - just move on with the plot forward, deal with the climax, conclude and cover mystery holes.

Currently there are 61 chapters.

I've given the anime 9 cause I personally liked KWMS; but I gave the manga 10 cause I really just love how the mangaka make such situations, response, and outcomes mostly both for Usui and Misaki.

Probably the most interesting question...
May 26, 2011 7:41 PM

Oct 2010
I believe there will be a second season. Maybe next year or later this year. But I have heard nothing of that it will be or not.

Does anyone have information if there is going to be a second season?
I have not read the Manga but I'm thinking I will.. But I hate Manga reading on the web, i prefer the pocket books, but it's kinda expensive for me to get the books. And i prefer Anime. Better. Sound and Moving Pictures. Makes me much more emotional involved

I dont know how many chapters the anime covered the manga, but I know the Anime stopped at chapter 32 in the manga, tho it has covered more since they have re-arranged the episodes and so on. At chapter 33 they show something that was earlier in the Anime.
But still. The manga is STILL going and is at chapter 60, they must have enough material for another season prob at 26 episodes.

Grr.. Don't they dare skipping a second season...
Jun 29, 2011 10:23 PM

Jul 2010
How come all the good shojo anime don't get a second season? That ain't fair. Plus, the manga is still ongoing.
Apr 17, 2012 4:38 AM
Mar 2010
Let me break it you people. There will not be a second season. Why? Cuz it sold very badly that's why.

The first volume sold 1,100 copies. Third sold 900 something and 4th sold 800 something. Utter failure. Complete failure.

Bad sales=no season 2.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 19, 2012 2:47 PM

May 2010
phoenixalia said:
Let me break it you people. There will not be a second season. Why? Cuz it sold very badly that's why.

The first volume sold 1,100 copies. Third sold 900 something and 4th sold 800 something. Utter failure. Complete failure.

Bad sales=no season 2.

Are you talking about the DVD sales?? :O
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 21, 2012 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
I will never give up hope!
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 8, 2012 8:24 AM

Apr 2012
phoenixalia said:

Bad sales=no season 2.

The cds have nothing to do with season 2.

The anime was made to popularize the manga, if the manga sell efficiently, the season 2 will not be here.

If manga sells alright but not as expected, then season 2 will be made.
May 8, 2012 9:16 AM

Mar 2012
Fingers crossed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.