Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pumpkin Scissors
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2010 2:20 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am massively confused as to why the show stops here. Nothing about the invisible 9 was concluded or anything about the silver wheel or whatever they were called. it seems like there should be a season 2. grr.
Sep 22, 2010 11:06 AM
Sep 2008
the ending seem more of a end of a story arc rather the end of a serreis.
Dec 3, 2010 3:10 PM
Feb 2008
I agree with Al. What I don't like is its relation to the manga, but I'm not going to discuss that. Rather, I also disliked Randel's development as a character, he was described as this immovable, killing machine with a messed up past. That was cool. but towards the end he became very hesitant and a little over dramatic about a lot of things. In Addition, he no longer felt like the protagonist as he started having less and less to say and thus contribute to the show. I liked all that I read of the manga a bit better than the show, soley because Randel is a little less like this there. Lastly yeah, they didn't resolve anything, which they could've done and consecutively wrapped up nicely in 24 episodes. I must say I"m slightly disappointed, but if a season 2 comes out I"ll invest my time in it.
May 1, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2011

^She looks like Saber there tbh.

I feel like that duel and second part of the series dragged way too much. I actually liked some of the filler episodes tbh like the one with the princess.

Also kinda funny how Alice takes a sip of that wine and gets knocked out. Anyways, 6/10 for this series out of generosity. Surprisingly, there was not even a dose of fan service in this. However, I felt that the interactions between Randall and Alice was way too weak. That and arc is a bit out of space...
Dec 28, 2013 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
really that's the ending but wat about silver wheel?
Jan 4, 2014 7:05 PM

May 2012
Quite a decent ending but well there are still quite some questions left untold, and it's sad there isn't a sequel or something that explains it more decently! Either way I quite enjoyed this anime, it had quite a lovely pace and a good combination between humor and action! 8/10
Jul 30, 2014 7:47 AM

Jul 2012
One of my favorite anime, really needed a few more episodes.
Mar 26, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
wow it started bad and just went full retard with the last 6 episodes
it doesnt even feel like i watched something with a story or gained some sort of entertainment
i just wasted my time, even more than usual with animes
Apr 9, 2018 12:57 PM
Oct 2014
That was pretty decent. The cast was great.
Nov 4, 2019 3:51 AM

Aug 2012
Just rewatched this show for the first time. It became a favourite after my first viewing and that continues after this revisit.

Firstly this show has a great cast, Oreldo in fact is one of my favourite ever characters in Anime. Basically Jean Havoc 2.0 but with far more screen time. I also really like Military shows, I'm not sure exactly why this is though, and Pumpkin Scissors is one of the better shows in this genre I've watched. It's not over done, it's understated showing just a small slice of the larger army and the after effects of war rather than the war itself.

I suppose my only criticism of this series, outside of the fact it doesn't have an ending and in terms of the Anime is never likely to get one, is the final few episodes are quite slow. The duel goes on and on and it's not very interesting really. The whole last 5 episodes could have been 2-3 episodes easily. I'm pretty sure I was disappointed with this aspect of the show the first time I watched it too.

Anyway I don't have alot else to say. Pumpkin Scissors is a really great Military series with a great cast but is slightly underdeveloped in a few spots and is also not finished unfortunately. The Animation is strong though the soundtrack is kinda weak honestly, same goes for the OP/EDs.

Still I give this show a biased 9/10. Probably closer to an 7 or 8 really but the characters are just too good, especially Oreldo.
Nov 27, 2021 7:21 PM
Jul 2020
Nanashi777 said:
I agree with Al. What I don't like is its relation to the manga, but I'm not going to discuss that. Rather, I also disliked Randel's development as a character, he was described as this immovable, killing machine with a messed up past. That was cool. but towards the end he became very hesitant and a little over dramatic about a lot of things. In Addition, he no longer felt like the protagonist as he started having less and less to say and thus contribute to the show. I liked all that I read of the manga a bit better than the show, soley because Randel is a little less like this there. Lastly yeah, they didn't resolve anything, which they could've done and consecutively wrapped up nicely in 24 episodes. I must say I"m slightly disappointed, but if a season 2 comes out I"ll invest my time in it.
do him and the FMC like each other or not
Mar 5, 2023 3:32 AM
Mar 2023
I don't want to Spoiler but I liked it to watch it another time

More topics from this board

» You Call THAT and Ending?

Chelle - Mar 20, 2007

26 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 27, 2021 7:20 PM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 23 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

7 by frequency15k »»
Jan 23, 2021 8:30 PM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 22 Discussion

2 by frequency15k »»
Jan 23, 2021 7:48 PM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 5 Discussion

4 by frequency15k »»
Jan 21, 2021 9:40 PM

» Any info about S2?

ShAd0w - Jan 7, 2016

2 by MeansToAnEnd »»
Apr 11, 2019 7:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.