Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2010 10:21 AM

Jan 2010
Here is a good mainstream song. Given a bit old, but that's why it is good. Lately, only crap has been released...

Aug 14, 2010 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
I dont really like Eninem, apart from one song he has done. But I have to say, the duo made this song more interesting. If it was only by himself, I'd say fail (imo)
Coming soon!
Aug 14, 2010 12:06 PM

Jun 2008
It's kind of funny when some people post their "opinions" about popular things. There was one guy on YT who called Eminem soft in this song because he was rapping about feelings of a couple instead of... whatever the hell he was doing before. Then again, it's YT. The combination of idiocy, trolls, spams, and bots in there is um, astronomical?
Aug 14, 2010 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
Love the song but hate the video. :I
Aug 14, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
Zaikin said:
Mainstream music sucks
Does I smell a troll?
Aug 15, 2010 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
Gah, I wasn't paying attention to the song because the idea of fighting and then having a sudden make out session sounds fucking amazing.
Aug 15, 2010 5:13 AM

Jan 2010
Tonberries said:
Gah, I wasn't paying attention to the song because the idea of fighting and then having a sudden make out session sounds fucking amazing.
zharnotczar said:
Does I smell a troll?
Aug 15, 2010 5:19 AM

Jan 2010
ArtRodriguez said:
xxangelchanxx said:
ArtRodriguez said:
Megan Fox killed it when she got married. We know she's going to have kids now and her body's going to be gone after that.

She USED to be hot enough to the point where she could just stand there and I would watch a movie just because she's in it. She USED to be that hot.

Ya because people aren't going to get married just to please their fans.... >:

As for the song,its obviously bad. (mainstream music lol) Though i still find it somewhat addicting.
I love the video though.

I'm not an Aya Hirano otaku type of guy, but when she gets pregnant, she's over. It's not because she's married, it's because what's going to happen to her as a result of getting married. Not to mention the dude she married isn't even attractive. She shoulda been with some James Defranco looking motherfucker.

I wasn't screaming when Leah Dizon got married to a guy that looked like a pedo.
:S

------

LOL, I thought Eminem said he was quitting music for good a while back.
Aug 15, 2010 11:27 PM

Aug 2010
I like this song... but then again I basically like all types of songs if they sounds good, and this makes decent.
Aug 15, 2010 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
idk, i find the song really good.....
....video?....mehh
Aug 16, 2010 4:05 AM

Aug 2010
eminem + megan fox = WIN!
Aug 16, 2010 5:36 AM

Nov 2009
I guess it's refreshing to hear different music every once in a while, considering I don't listen stuff other than anime songs anymore.

I don't really like the song much, but I didn't hate listening to it once.
Aug 16, 2010 5:47 PM

Jul 2010
Eminem+Rihanna=EPIC
its an awesome song and its always either number 1 or 2 on play lists and countdowns.
Megan Fox is my "mom". Well one of my friends "married" her and had 2 kids who are both named Meghan XD now my step mom is Selena Gomez..
also Eminem is a big fan of the show LOST so thats why Dom is in the music video..
Aug 16, 2010 7:17 PM

Jan 2010
I personally like the song, but I listen to mainstream music a lot, so. It's good, but not amazing.

Now as for the music video...
Aug 16, 2010 10:53 PM
Mar 2010
I love Love the Way you Lie.
The music video.... here are my annoyances with it:
Eminem: why are you frolicking in a cornfield? I don't understand. A+ on the amount of fun you look like you're having while you're talking about an abusive relationship, but other then that... huh?
Rihanna: .... I'm not a fan of her red hair. I don't think it suits her very well. Her long hair: nice. She cuts it. Okay, still pretty cute. She cuts it again. Mohawking it out huh... She dyes it blonde. Whatever, I can deal, she still looks cute. She dyes it red. This is where I draw the line in the sand. It doesn't look good on her imo. Anyone care to differ?
Megan Fox: Why is it that everywhere I look you seem to be there? >.> seriously I see this girl everywhere. And if i'm not seeing her, I'm listening about her because everyone is so freaking obsessed with her. It gets kind of annoying. But on a high note, this is the best acting job she's ever done, so kudo's to you Foxxy.

But I do love the song, so don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Eminem. You can hate on him all he wants because he's a douche bag, he is a white rapper etc, but you can't deny his talent when it comes to song writing. He's actually soo fkn talented. If you listen to his lyrics very closely you'd actually be surprised with the complexity of the phrases, and how well they fit together.

Rihanna's fine. I have nothing against her. I'm not a die hard though.

edit: >.< ugh. people who make fun of mainstream music are soooooo fkn annoying. you're gonna hate music because it's well liked.... huh. now that one makes sense. i know there is some mainstream music out there that literally sucks but swearing off all mainstream music because people like it is plain ol' ignorant.
the world needs to grow up, honestly.
mylovelyfateAug 16, 2010 11:01 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Aug 17, 2010 6:58 AM

Jul 2008
mylovelyfate said:
But on a high note, this is the best acting job she's ever done, so kudo's to you Foxxy.

edit: >.< ugh. people who make fun of mainstream music are soooooo fkn annoying. you're gonna hate music because it's well liked.... huh. now that one makes sense. i know there is some mainstream music out there that literally sucks but swearing off all mainstream music because people like it is plain ol' ignorant.
the world needs to grow up, honestly.

Because she doesn't speak :3
Because 90% of mainstream music is total shite : o everyone goes on about how "amazing" it is, that's the curse of mainstream but still. Gaga, Pink Mohawk, the countless other terrible artists, a lot of hate is based on the truth of horrid music.
Aug 17, 2010 7:14 AM
Mar 2010
yeah, i know that there's a lot of shitty mainstream music, but hating it all as a whole is a little extreme, don't ya think?

and most mainstream music is mainstream for a reason, because it's catchy. whether you like the song or not, catchy songs are going to show up everywhere.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Aug 17, 2010 8:09 AM

Jul 2008
Well it is hard to find good mainstream music, but sure, hating it all because it's popular is pretty naff, hating it because it's total crap is reasonable though.
Aug 17, 2010 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
I've actually loved this song ever since his recent album came out. I think his lyrics are very sincere. I keep thinking that maybe he's still not over his ex-wife. Ha-ha. That almost sounds like I know him personally. Anypoops, I love the song. But I hate Rihanna's new hair. Meh

Aug 18, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
^ :O i like her new hair.. it looks cool ^_^
Aug 18, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2007
tehnominator said:
I hate this song. Every douchebag I know has "Love the Way you Lie" as their ring tone. I hate that other song about the airplanes in the night sky being shooting stars too.

Collabs are stupid, most of the time.

The only good one was Aerosmith and Run DMC with "Walk this Way".

God I lol'd so hard at the ignorance in this comment.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 18, 2010 3:57 PM

Apr 2010
Sin said:
tehnominator said:
I hate this song. Every douchebag I know has "Love the Way you Lie" as their ring tone. I hate that other song about the airplanes in the night sky being shooting stars too.

Care to explain?
Aug 18, 2010 4:26 PM

Jul 2007
zharnotczar said:
Sin said:
tehnominator said:

Care to explain?

If you can't understand why I said what I said when I quoted something involving this:

Then it's not worth explaining to you.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 18, 2010 5:10 PM

Feb 2005
Well that was one extremely generic and genuinely uninspiring song.

Sure, I guess someone might like it, but disturbing someone watching Lain for it and calling it godly, that's got to be some sort of condition.

You want godly awesome mainstream music?
Her you go.

And it's got genuinely meaningful and inspiring lyrics, expressing Sean Banan's love for ass and how all those skeletal crack whores should really eat some meat and gain some booty.

I swear, if that man was president of the world, every problem would correct itself automatically.
Aug 18, 2010 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
werr-y said:
The song is poor, really. As already mentioned the voices of Eminen and Rihana don't mix well together, not to mention Rihana's singing just doesn't go with this type of song.

Agreed 100%. It feels like they tried to mix two songs together and it just failed. The songs might be cool apart from each other, but together it just sounds like crap.
Aug 18, 2010 11:48 PM
Aug 2010
Pretty boring.
Aug 18, 2010 11:54 PM

Jan 2010
i don't believe this song is a masterpiece or anything like that. However I also don't believe it deserves total rejection either.
Aug 19, 2010 1:10 AM

Jun 2009
AirStyles said:
assuming all of you have heard it, what you guys think of this song?

My bro rush into my room at 2am in the morning while I'm re-watching Serial Experiment Lain and told me to turn on youtube and listen to the "New godly music".

After I finish the music video, he ask for my thoughts, while giving his about how Eminem and Rihanna's vocal bring the music to life and so on... I told him I don't find the song to be special. Which he told me "you don't know music" "you only listen to anime song anyways"...

I was quite pissed off at the comment he made, then... I reflect on what he said and think about the recent mainstream music... still not a fan...

Now I'm wondering, am I the only one who don't like this supposedly awesome song?

For me, the rap is just same old Eminem stuff while Rihanna really just repeating 2 lines most of the time.

oh yea, the vide

In all honesty, he's got a point. If all you do is listen to anime themes songs, you don't know music however it's safe to say that your brother doesn't know music either. First of all, lyrics are 80% of a song. I am inclined to believe you can't speak fluent Japanese so you don't understand the lyrics. That being said, I enjoy certain J-Rock/J-Pop songs and I hardly know any Japanese. The only reason I listen to them is because they're different from what I listen to and I like the music.

If I knew what they were saying I'd probably like it less since it would probably just be about the same shit the English speaking artists in mainstream music talk about nowadays. That being said, if you know Japanese, understand what they're saying and don't just listen to the songs by a band that are featured in anime, disregard what I just said.

Anyway, on-topic. I find most music nowadays that is played on the radio to be bad (except for the odd song that doesn't talk about bitches/drugs/sex/guns/money/gangs like most hip-hop and rap do), by my standards at least.

While a song sounding good is essential so are the lyrics and most mainstream songs have shitty lyrics. The lyrics are only written to sell and aren't meant to be meaningful. I do not like Rihanna. At all. I used to like Eminem he's arguably the only good white rapper nowadays and he puts out some good stuff. Listening to this song, this is one of his better songs. While I don't like it personally, I can see why people would like it but it's not the epitome of excellent music.

I listen to a lot of types of music (mainly metal and the varying sub-genres). I don't proclaim to be a music elitist, these are just my thoughts. As I always say, no artist is bad, there are always people who will like an artist and people who don't like an artist. If someone likes an artist, they must be doing something right.

Feel free to ignore my ramblings.
Aug 19, 2010 2:35 AM

Jul 2010
"Imma tie her to the bed and set this house on fire"

That is all...

Aug 19, 2010 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
If you cant understand the lyrics i wouldn't expect you to like it. then again half the people here dont understand Japanese but love anime songs.

im just gonna say its a good song
suprhiroAug 19, 2010 2:57 AM
Aug 19, 2010 3:28 AM
Aug 2010
Tyestor said:
While a song sounding good is essential so are the lyrics and most mainstream songs have shitty lyrics. The lyrics are only written to sell and aren't meant to be meaningful.

This 1000%
Aug 19, 2010 2:32 PM

Feb 2005
Tyestor said:
First of all, lyrics are 80% of a song.
Depends on the genre and song in question though.
I mean, take stuff like The Count of Tuscany, the lyrics are about as silly as can be, but the song has some pretty epic parts still.
And then you have stuff with little to no singing, and most forms of rap where the lyrics is pretty much 100% of the song (seeing as there's usually hardly any music beside it).
Aug 19, 2010 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
Baman said:
Tyestor said:
I mean, take stuff like The Count of Tuscany, the lyrics are about as silly as can be, but the song has some pretty epic parts still.
And then you have stuff with little to no singing, and most forms of rap where the lyrics is pretty much 100% of the song (seeing as there's usually hardly any music beside it).

Of course there are always exceptions (like Ulver :P). I was just speaking generally.
Aug 20, 2010 12:10 AM

Jul 2007
Tyestor said:
Baman said:
Tyestor said:

Of course there are always exceptions (like Ulver :P). I was just speaking generally.

I woudn't even use it as a general rule tbh. The weight that one ascribes to lyrics is completely arbitrary.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 20, 2010 5:32 AM

Nov 2009
love this one good mv aswell =)
Aug 25, 2010 7:14 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting remix by Koolfox =)

Aug 25, 2010 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
Gotta say I like most of Eminems music just cause it's almost never about partying cars and how he gets laid, and the fact he never raps slow (seriously, what is with that now days?) but this song didn't deserve the hype it got, imo 25 to life (on the same album) is 4x better same goes for a few other songs, too.

and about your bro just let him think what he wants, more power too him ^_^

Aug 25, 2010 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
I hate this song, personally. And I have to listen to it repeatedly at work because people insist it is "THE BEST SONG EVER!!!!".

There is nothing special about it.
Aug 25, 2010 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
I'm just made of fail recently. Before, when there was a thread on Soulja Boy I didn't really know who he was and I only heard this song for the first time yesterday.

Aug 25, 2010 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
Yammin said:
I'm just made of fail recently. Before, when there was a thread on Soulja Boy I didn't really know who he was and I only heard this song for the first time yesterday.

I envy you :( it's not fail, it's win for not knowing these mooks.
Aug 25, 2010 6:36 PM
Jul 2008
I have an eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to the most random tunes. As for this song, it's interesting. I'll digress a bit. My boss was talking about how he didn't understand the song. He was like, " 'I like the way you lie?' What's wrong with Rihanna? Why does she like when her boyfriend lies? Maybe I just have to listen to the lyrics carefully." Hearing my boss say that made me chuckle :P

Anyway, I don't really like the song. It's not one that I'd listen to for 3 hours straight on repeat but more of a song I'll listen once every 5,000 songs. There's nothing about it that speaks to me, but I've heard worse songs.
Aug 29, 2010 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
opinions, opinions everywhere
Aug 29, 2010 3:57 AM

Aug 2008
He said you don't know music but how does he know that he knows music.
Liking a certain type of music or not is opinion based and not factual based, the fact that your brother said something as irrational as that shows frustration that you aren't excited about the new release which he idolizes, next time something similar happens you could pretend to show an interest for the sake of your relationship with each other as siblings.
Otherwise you can ignore him.

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Aug 29, 2010 9:49 AM

Jun 2009
Eh.. I don't listen, I don't care.
Aug 29, 2010 10:06 AM

Oct 2009
It's not bad, but it's not something that I'm in love with. I like listening to the radio but the mainstream music is the same songs all the time. When they get overplayed it ruins the song for me and I can't listen to it anymore.

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.