Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 17, 2010 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh have to love Eris here and those minions look pretty useful :D There isn't really a lot of ecchi but instead the action is very good :D Aoi should be a lot better than Manami in terms of skill and it's great seeing Eris freeing herself while still maintaining that calm expression of hers :)
ShanaFlameJul 18, 2010 10:58 PM
Jul 17, 2010 11:07 PM

Apr 2010
The whole time I was going 'ok wtf minions' and then they pull out the hammers of disintegration and suddenly the world seemed fair and just.

Very enjoyable episode and I laughed when Eris was talking to Kio, from the looks of it she interpreted gratitude on earth in the form of something indecent all thanks to his manly magazines XD
Jul 18, 2010 1:28 AM
Jun 2008
Now you understand why I said this Anime look like Baccano( at least the messy action)....The next arch will a bit more ....maybe wait till next Sunday ^^
Jul 18, 2010 2:26 AM
Mar 2008
This ep went all the way WTFFF after the park scene.
Jul 18, 2010 3:16 AM

Nov 2008
I still don't know what to think about this yet. It goes from ecchi, to serious fast paced action, and then harem trash. Hopefully, that doesn't overshadow it too much later on.
Jul 18, 2010 3:31 AM
Mar 2008
are subs out yet?
Jul 18, 2010 4:26 AM

Sep 2009
It's kind of nice having some decent action in what is seemingly a harem show. At first I thought the hammers looked stupid, then I saw them disintegrate those tanks and I was like "I guess they're not that bad" lol.

It's good to see that Eris isn't totally useless too...and can actually fight on her own.
Jul 18, 2010 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
The transition from ecchi, to fight scenes, to harem is terrible and flawed, as expected of AIC. I understand that I'm watching an anime, but the pretense of this show, among other things, is just far to ridiculous... It's like a I'm watching a reconstruction of Ookami Kakushi. So apparently Eris comes from an exceedingly technological advanced race, that just happens to be in it's entirety, functionally retarded? Also, next week, the introduction of a dog-like alien race?
Jul 18, 2010 4:49 AM

Jul 2009
Need a particle-neutralization Hammer too
Could hit some girls ;D

Jul 18, 2010 5:29 AM

Apr 2008
Only way I can really describe this is awesomely stupid. It's bad. It's definitely bad, and all over the place like people have said, but I'm enjoying it in a braindead sort of way.
Jul 18, 2010 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
I really don't know what to think of this series yet, it was just really super random. I enjoyed the WTF action and a little bit of fan service never hurts I hope this series can continue to keep me entertained even if it is all over the place.
Jul 18, 2010 6:10 AM

Feb 2010
lol.. yeah its true.. its just completely random.. but I still thought it was pretty fun.. neat to see all the weapons so detailed.. and the american cars :O

but yeah I DID see a censored version.. because when they were standing on his balcony there was the infamous white fog...

So is CR uncensored streams? Ive never even seen anything from their site.
Jul 18, 2010 7:12 AM

Apr 2009
terrible pacing and execution unlike the first episode.. i would've liked all the random action ecchi harem suspension-of-belief maneuvers that happened if only they fleshed it out in two episodes.. but i guess this is another fault of the 12 ep limit.. i don't want another Ichiban happening.. they shouldn't waste good action harem potentials..
Jul 18, 2010 7:16 AM
Feb 2010
Quite a lot of genres eh? Action+Harem+Nekomimi etc.

Another amazing ep. Only prob is that the first cat girl seems to have another side to her. Well, that could be developed further later on. Nice twist and future potential.

8/10.
Jul 18, 2010 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
Bio said:
Only way I can really describe this is awesomely stupid. It's bad. It's definitely bad, and all over the place like people have said, but I'm enjoying it in a braindead sort of way.

Yup. Dead on.
I am just wondering if they will continue with the serious action scenes . Seriously if they removed the alien and kept it going with some other plot revolving around the other girls this could be an okay show. Basically i enjoyed the parts where the cat girl wasn't in the picture. The happy hammer take down was... *facepalm*

I anticipated a better reaction; Okay your uncle is a DIA agent, your teacher a terrorist, neighbor CIA agent (wtf?), and every other person you know appears kicking ass...
Jul 18, 2010 8:01 AM

Jan 2010
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that all three (sensei, the suit girl and his childhood friend) went from bad guys to good guys in no time at all. Oh and the fact that he didn't seem to have any reaction at all about the fact that those three were either terrorists or agents...

Aside from that this is the most fast paced and action like harem anime I have seen.

And I am still liking suit girl better than the alien, not only is she cooler, but she doesn't have such huge boobs. :D
Jul 18, 2010 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
werr-y said:

And I am still liking suit girl better than the alien, not only is she cooler, but she doesn't have such huge boobs. :D
I fully agree with you!!

And now the other aliens who Eris traveled with made there appearance.
A ship full of female aliens with feline features, why do those things only happen in Anime?!

And i want a Mustang like that!!
Jul 18, 2010 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
Very... uhm... interesting "I don't even..." episode this was. Neighbor friend is CIA, Uncle is DIA and an Alien just happens to land at your home! What a coincidence!

It really is all over the place, but I'm enjoying the randomness this show throws at you and will keep watching. Attention to detail on cars an guns was great just like the first ep!

4/5

Maybe I'm just random... >.>
OnyxthegreatJul 18, 2010 9:25 AM

Jul 18, 2010 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
Kio is...so normal. Everyone around him has a badass secret while he's just a generic male lead with no interesting features who remains indifferent with the random situation and harem he's into. And the transition from ecchi harem to action and back is kinda fast paced which I definitely didn't expect in this type of show.

Still Eris's melons(I'lll ignore the white light censors) will keep me watching this, as well as the details of the guns and cars, the battlesuit, the little minions and the particle hammer. It pays to have little to no expectations for this show because I can enjoy the random turn of events that will happen without getting disappointed.
Jul 18, 2010 9:56 AM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
This might be just me, but I really liked the background music. The jazzy music during the infiltration scenes was pretty cool, and the music during the park scene reminded me of things like the Yoshida Brothers.
The rest of the episode was kind of meh though. The story for this episode feels rushed and half-baked. Things happened too quickly without adequate explanation.
Jul 18, 2010 10:37 AM

Feb 2008
don't tell me that this is a cat vs dog type of thing...hehehe i guess that is what she meant when she said that he smelled like a dog.
Jul 18, 2010 10:39 AM
Feb 2009
I'm really loving this show, but:

What?
Nya~?
Jul 18, 2010 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
SirDano said:

What?
good one :))) for those who dont't know what trekkie means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trekkie
Jul 18, 2010 12:17 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, the girls in this anime kick ass and take names.

And now people, we have even more Cat Girl Aliens. This Anime just got a lot better.
Jul 18, 2010 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
i liked it thus far...I really like the to be op
Jul 18, 2010 12:58 PM

Feb 2010
unorfind said:
SirDano said:

What?
good one :))) for those who dont't know what trekkie means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trekkie

What sub group was that LOL!?
Jul 18, 2010 1:16 PM
Nov 2009
Personally I had mixed feelings about the episode. I mean who dosn't like hardcore action and cute girls but I mean it all just felt very weird. And im going to presume that all the aliens are females since the chief and the other person was girls too. Well I feel like its going to get messy since they only came here to "play"
Jul 18, 2010 1:25 PM

Dec 2009
Too much service time, making the rest of the show highly compressed, probably rushed 3/4 of a novel in one episode

The settings is interesting indeed
Even though it's the same old harem, the show is somehow seems attractive.
The flags were not too obvious
I think it's going to be a chaotic sci-fi rather than a serious sci-fi.

Somehow, I found the super dynamic body with a loli-voice is hard to accept.

Episode 2 added 3 more seiyuus (Yui, Tsumugi from K-ON!, and Horie)

Judging from the ED, Hanazawa-san's singing skill has improved a lot!
Jul 18, 2010 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
I liked the mix this episode had to give. I just hope the censorship doesn't get too annoying in future episodes. Any uncensored versions floating?
Jul 18, 2010 2:05 PM
Jul 18, 2010 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
This is my guilty pleasure ;_;
Ok™
Jul 18, 2010 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
I hate that beam of light.
Damn what a derp that Kio is.
And seriously, why's everyone in this anime except Kio seemingly special in some kind of way? I mean.. Lots of badass people around him, lots of secrets being kept by said people, and he's just.. So damn ordinary that it hurts.
And.. A moving box.... That's like.. Stupid, even for such small robot-thingies.

But seriously lol, this is somehow so damn random. Not that I'm complaining though.. I think.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 18, 2010 4:37 PM

Oct 2009
So the alien cat-girls decided to expose themselves to humanity because they want our yakiniku. Riiight... Don't they have fried meat on their home-world ?
Jul 18, 2010 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
SurferDude said:
So the alien cat-girls decided to expose themselves to humanity because they want our yakiniku. Riiight... Don't they have fried meat on their home-world ?

They want to "have fun" which is the whole premise of this story. It's about some retarded moeblob catgirl aliens who just want to have fun on Earth while the government is trying to stop them.

It's pretty 'wat" but hilarious and entertaining nonetheless.
Ok™
Jul 18, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2009
how real is the shit now havsie?^^
Jul 18, 2010 6:17 PM

Sep 2009
What a lame show.

Basically all the aliens are girls???WTH?
Jul 18, 2010 6:43 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty action packed for a second episode.
I think I'll keep an eye on it for a bit though.
Jul 18, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
I regret saying this one is promising..oh well for fan service, continue
Jul 18, 2010 7:38 PM
Feb 2009
anime_n00b said:
unorfind said:
SirDano said:

What?

Team Zebra Man.
Pretty sure it's accurate too, since the guy actually says "trekkie".
Nya~?
Jul 18, 2010 8:32 PM

Feb 2009
This left me with a bad impression, I don't really care about a lot of characters in this show and the action scenes aren't THAT good to tell the truth. The Ecchi seemingly took a hit too, not a lot was present in this epd.

This and Ookami-san to Shichinin are pretty much battling for my final slot of watchables, this is falling farther and farther behind :/
Jul 18, 2010 8:37 PM
Jun 2007
haha nice, i actually love it.
Jul 18, 2010 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
zmjhgvn said:
how real is the shit now havsie?^^

As real as Metal Gear Solid references
Ok™
Jul 18, 2010 11:38 PM

Feb 2010
SirDano said:
anime_n00b said:
unorfind said:
SirDano said:

What?

Team Zebra Man.
Pretty sure it's accurate too, since the guy actually says "trekkie".

my bad.. I watched the raw.. I didnt even remember that part.. I must have not been paying very good attention.. because I would have died laughing.. thats funny LOL
Jul 18, 2010 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda weird development, but still enjoyable..
Jul 19, 2010 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
Basically all the aliens are girls???WTH?
A cat-dude would probably look pretty repulsive, so they'd better keep them all locked up in the mothership x'D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2010 12:50 AM

Apr 2010
i hope this doesnt end up as a guys harem >.>
Jul 19, 2010 1:00 AM

May 2009
The fast pacing was really the only negative part of the episode for me.
I have to say, Kio is pretty...eh...calm compared to other protagonist if they were in his situation. I'm liking this show more than Ookami.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2010 1:03 AM

Dec 2008
Oh now I get the humor of this show.

nevertheless this episode felt rushed at some points
for example the befriending scene between Eris and Kio was too short.

"I have to pay you back with my body"
*damn* Kio you jerk that was your chance XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2010 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
So they kidnapped her... because she doesn't look like a stereotypical aliens... I know there are a lot of holes in this story... but I just can't get around that for some reason... Most of the people in the most base are trekkies... so when "that" airs the security is lowered... The group of people who are pissed because she is not a stereotypical alien... also control a huge base with A LOT of men and military equipment. Iono why... even through there are so many illogical things in this show... that specific fact just pisses me off... But other than that... I think this show is alright. I... as the extreme minority would actually like it better if the show took a light hearted comedy based direction in the show. Yes, that would mean the Harem direction lol.
Jul 19, 2010 2:13 AM

Apr 2010
nice ending u can never have to many cat girls up in your house
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2010

166 by xLazuline »»
May 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShinRA - Sep 4, 2010

95 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.