Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2010 11:32 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Are they all going to come back as vampires or something? Because Megumi is listed as a main character, but they killed her off so early. Anyways, interesting that the old lady so clearly said "don't call the doctor" and her neck cracked as she said it. Creepy. This is a vampire show, isn't it?

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=5801

Jul 15, 2010 12:04 PM

Mar 2010
A very strange show so far. Natsuno sure is annoying, he didn't have to be so rude to Kaori. Yet it looks like he lives longer than most judging by the intro. I like the monk guy and the docter, I hope they live. I'm bad at remembering names.
I hope Megumi doesn't come back! Maybe she's just listed in the main cast because there will be flashbacks with her in them.
The nurse will probably be one of the next to die as they just introduced her a little bit this episode.
I wonder if this show is going to get more exciting or if it will be more of a mystery.
Jul 15, 2010 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
Certainly seems to be vampires. The doctor's diagnosis was a very roundabout way of saying blood had been drained.

I can see in this episode how people would find the show slow. Despite the big revelations and character development, there was a good bit of unnecessary content, such as the huge amount devoted to Megumi that really didn't add much. That's not something I dislike, though. There's some nice atmosphere from the details.

This show isn't too deep, but I'm finding more meat to dig into than the rest of this season. Thumbs up from me.
Jul 15, 2010 12:14 PM
Nov 2008
I must say I've read ahead in the manga, and the show is a very good adaption to the manga.Don't expect this series to be action-packed, it's all about the story. It certainly does get more creepy.

Laughed when the dog jumped on Natsuno xD
Jul 15, 2010 12:15 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
The OP for this is SO awesome.

I also find it a bit odd that the old lady clearly said "don't call the doctor" as her neck cracked all creepy like.

The pace of this episode seemed fairly slow, but still enjoyable.
Jul 15, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
SirensRequiem said:

This

SirensRequiem said:
I also find it a bit odd that the old lady clearly said "don't call the doctor" as her neck cracked all creepy like.

Also this. That made me go "WHOA!"

I think the slow pace of this is going to turn some people off. I'm totally enjoying it but I can see why some would say it's slow. Still waiting for Gackt.
Jul 15, 2010 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
The old lady part was creepy. I was like 0_o
Good episode! More development!
Jul 15, 2010 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
Really interesting. I wanna know what happens next. xD

Maybe i will begin to read the manga^^
Jul 15, 2010 1:06 PM

Nov 2007
Definitely slow, but I'm OK with that for now. I liked the scene of Kaori thinking of her own future death thanks to Megumi's burial; it seems like Kaori, along with Natsuno, the monk, and the doctor, will be the main characters. I hope sooner or later we find out why Natsuno hates people so much. I'm also hoping we see more of the mysterious new family (especially the little girl, since she has the whole ending to herself) soon.

And like others, I still adore the opening. BUCK-TICK <3

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Jul 15, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2010
Quite boring episode.. but I guess all episodes can't be interesting.
I was hoping to get more information about that family this time, but it looks like I have to wait. :<

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 15, 2010 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
Whoa how are these people dying?? O__o and who's watching Natsuno??
yeah kinda slow but hopefully it will get more interesting ^^
Jul 15, 2010 1:15 PM
Jul 2009
I want zombies, not vampires :D Vampires usually in animes looks gay.
Jul 15, 2010 1:15 PM
Jul 2010
Yup it's freaking slow. But I will hope for something good to happen soon
or I might be dropping it.
Jul 15, 2010 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
This is giving me the creeps, it seems to be a vampire anime due to the victims diagnosis, I hope we'll see more of Sunako, something tells me she's a large part of the story.

Jul 15, 2010 1:36 PM
Jun 2010
This episode was 10000 time better than the first one. Maybe because Megumi was dead and didn't see her annoying face. It's very slow but I like it so far even though character design is sooo ugly, I can live with that though. The "don't call the doctor" scene was creepy.

Jul 15, 2010 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Lilgnomy said:

Say that to Alucard's face why dont you?
Jul 15, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2009
I'm enjoying the show so far and the pacing seems to be right in line with this type of suspense/drama.

I thought the ending was a bit over dramatic :P
Jul 15, 2010 2:32 PM
Jul 2010
Yeah I agree the characters desing isn't good, it's a bit disturbing and in my opinion
it doesn't fit the creepy mood. Ironic, huh?

I'm getting tired of this vampire thing, so I want zombies too :P
But I don't mind since this anime gives me the creeps anyway...
Jul 15, 2010 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
Lilgnomy said:

Say that to Alucard's face why dont you?

XDD

Oookay, those sounds when Natsuno saw something in the bushes in the evening creeped the shit out of me. Maybe watching this just before going to bed isn't such a good idea x__X I was seriously thinking about finishing it tomorrow for a moment XD Lol. But it just means that it's doing its job properly - vampires can be scary after Twilight! 8D
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 15, 2010 2:48 PM

Nov 2009
People posting about wanting zombies in this thread are such trolls (^.^). I thought HotD would be self contained, but it just seems to be inserting new ideas here. Megumi dying way to fast supports zombie resurrection though the fact that she is buried is a heavy counterargument. I mean she was the only character to get development so it seems a little weird... The time dedicated to her was a waste but actually enjoyable for me.

All the deaths help contribute to the freakishness but i hope we get to see the 'reason' for all of them soon. Even just a glimpse!
Jul 15, 2010 2:49 PM

Jan 2010
NorikoW said:
Yup it's freaking slow. But I will hope for something good to happen soon
or I might be dropping it.
You say it's slow, while when I watched it and it ended i was like "Eh? So fast?" So mark my words, it doesn't have to be action packed to be interesting, or to be fast to be entertaining.
Jul 15, 2010 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
The build up is amazing i haven't felt this trilled about a horror anime since i watched Ghost Hunt.
It's just slowly building up and becoming more creepy.
I think this might be the best horror anime of the season if it keeps this up.
Jul 15, 2010 3:26 PM

Apr 2009
Natsuno is such a prep. Poppin' his collar 24/7. I don't think he was especially mean or rude to Kaori. It was weird that she got all hyped up just seeing him at the funeral. He probably only went cuz his parents did. The postcard Megumi wanted to send him was cute and made me like her a little bit more, even though the entire time they were mourning her death, I was thinking, lol. She's dead.

I hope the blond guy in the opening isn't Megumi come back from the dead after a sex change.
Jul 15, 2010 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
I have been wondering, about the opening when it shows the two figures about to kiss or kissing, the outline of it looks like Sunako and Yuuki. Are they...suppost to get together?
Jul 15, 2010 3:44 PM

Apr 2009
helur said:
Megumi dying way to fast supports zombie resurrection though the fact that she is buried is a heavy counterargument.

Hey, good old school vampires needed to die first, you know :D A victim is bitten, dies from blood loss, is buried and reanimates after dawn / one night / three days and three nights / etc. I don't have my copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula with me, so I can't check how it was done in this classic, but vampires are definitely dead. That's why traditional vampires need coffins.

I hope this show incorporates a more traditional view of a vampire, who cannot go out in daylight =w= And seeing a vampire with only one nostril would also be fun.

As for the episode, it was great. I was surprised how fast the characters understood there's something going on. I thought they would show more people dying first. Nice. :3
Jul 15, 2010 4:15 PM

Mar 2009
How many more episodes until Megumi returns? =P

Either Yuuki's imagining things, or someone else has picked up where Megumi left off. Dude can't catch a break, I guess.

And yeah, the old woman was creepy.
Jul 15, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
Kinda slow, but managed not to bore me completely. I'm really liking the opening song now, specifically the second half. And I want to see the little girl from the ending song.

Couple of creepy scenes...mainly the old woman's exclamation and the feeling that Natsuno has that someone is still watching his house.

I think Kaori is a likeable character, I hope she doesn't die :3 Same goes for the nurse who was speaking to Natsuno and the doctor. Not sure how I feel about the monk...and Natsuno is kind of mean (lol), but I don't mind him being a main character. I would root for him :P
Jul 15, 2010 4:22 PM

Oct 2007
Great anime but i cant get the patience to wait for the episodes release. So i've read the manga. Everything's spoiled for me.

The anime is loosing part of it's charm that way, but still damn great anime! ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2007
If you guys want zombies, go watch highschool of the dead.

Jul 15, 2010 4:44 PM

Oct 2007
Mormegil said:

Imbecil, don't spoilt! Don't discuss the manga beyond this episode. >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2010 4:53 PM

Mar 2009
Peralisc said:
Mormegil said:

Imbecil, don't spoilt! Don't discuss the manga beyond this episode. >_>

I haven't even read the manga. I'm just guessing.
Jul 15, 2010 5:17 PM
Dec 2009
Yesss!! A spoiler up there thanks alot!.

And it's getting good, i love animes like this :x
Jul 15, 2010 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
supersayen said:
This episode was 10000 time better than the first one. Maybe because Megumi was dead and didn't see her annoying face.
This. Unlike the first episode, this one clearly had a creepy atmosphere, and the events in this episode were much more interesting.
Jul 15, 2010 6:17 PM

Dec 2007
This far this show has been very much to slow paced for me. I dont want it to go all action like, but this far nothing has really happened.

I guess they are building up the story, so i'll stick with it for another EP or 2 and see how it goes.
Jul 15, 2010 6:48 PM

Sep 2008
My god, Megumi looks absolutely lovely with such pale skin...
Jul 15, 2010 7:11 PM

Sep 2009
SirensRequiem said:
Works of Buck-Tick are never a failure.
Imagine Atsushi Sakurai as a seiyuu ♥
That scene really scared me.

Lilgnomy said:
Vampires usually in animes looks gay.
Don't judge vampires by Vampire Knight.

The incorporation of music in different scenarios was a bit hypnotizing, it made me want to concentrate on the show more. Oh well maybe I am just talking nonsense XD

I guess the slow pace of the show makes it more creepier.
Jul 15, 2010 7:32 PM

May 2009
Major improvement over the first episode. Interesting throughout with a couple of really creepy moments.
Jul 15, 2010 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the first episode. You could call the pace slow but I thought it was perfect and loved the episode. The series is keeping things close to the chest and building suspense as things escalate without clear explanations yet. Just makes me that more excited about the upcoming episodes!
Jul 15, 2010 7:44 PM

Jun 2009
Lilgnomy said:

even vampire knight?

aside from that, slowly paced episode,,, kinda creepy
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:

The incorporation of music in different scenarios was a bit hypnotizing, it made me want to concentrate on the show more. Oh well maybe I am just talking nonsense XD

I agree with this but there was one scene in Yuuki's room where they kept playing beatboxing music and I was like "Uhhhhh, what the hell are they playing right now?"
Jul 15, 2010 8:29 PM
May 2010
Yawn, this nearly put me to sleep. I don't plan on giving up on the show because seeing the trailer it definitely looked creepy. Hopefully it picks up. Just felt like nothing really happened in this episode. The only creepy moments were already mentioned with the old lady and the bushes. It doesn't have to be fast paced, but atleast get somewhere soon!
Jul 15, 2010 8:44 PM

Mar 2010
Sorry Megumi, but no one likes you.
It's the truth.

garfield15 said:
I agree with this but there was one scene in Yuuki's room where they kept playing beatboxing music and I was like "Uhhhhh, what the hell are they playing right now?"

Yeah, that part lost me.
And then it suddenly stops and I'm like "...wtf was that?"
I really want the soundtrack now. It has some nice creepy tunes.

Slow start is slow, but I'm hoping this series comes in with a surprise.
I'm just waiting for it to happen....later on that is.
Jul 15, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
I'm thoroughly enjoying the show so far. It gives off a Higurashi creepy-ness feel to it. And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."
Jul 15, 2010 9:15 PM

Jan 2010
Onegai said:
This far this show has been very much to slow paced for me. I dont want it to go all action like, but this far nothing has really happened.

I guess they are building up the story, so i'll stick with it for another EP or 2 and see how it goes.
I think you have the wrong impression. It won't go "all action like", this just isn't that type of anime. If you are waiting for action you can just not bother to stick with it for another "EP or 2".
Jul 15, 2010 9:44 PM

Apr 2009
Died of anemia huh? I really hope the tl;dr of this show isn't "Kyūketsuki existu! Uu~"
Jul 15, 2010 9:52 PM

Feb 2010
Beks said:
And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."

SAME!!!! I was like ahhhh....

and the creepy old lady cracking her neck... WTF!

Pretty slow episode... i actually liked the first episode more, but I like how the suspense is building.
Jul 15, 2010 10:08 PM

Oct 2009
Beks said:
And at the end, I just kept thinking "don't open the window, don't open the window."

I thought he would for a second. I prolly would have yelled if he had. XD
Jul 15, 2010 10:38 PM

Dec 2009
This is a very slow anime just so everyone knows. If youve read the manga you will know that this starts off at a snails pace and starts to pick up as the story goes on. If you are thinking of giving this one up, just have some patience, the story is very interesting and very well told.

As for the episode, because i know the story i cant say anything but it is doing a very good job following the manga, but it is diverging at some points which is making it interesting. The story is slowly picking up, and with each new episode i cant wait for the next one in a week.
Jul 15, 2010 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
This is pretty slow paced, but I'm alright with that. It gives it a more mysterious feel.

Natsuno is such a little brat. Regardless if you didn't much care for the girl or not, it's pretty rude to leave in the middle of someone's funeral. /: I miss Megumi, but she's listed as a main character so

Hopefully she'll return next episode (I didn't see a preview so I have no clue what to expect, haha).
Jul 15, 2010 11:01 PM

Jan 2010
Hmms, with the second ep, I'm sort of getting used to the pace this is going at.
I might read the manga soon.
LOL

Well, without the manga my guess is these people turn into vampires?

-------
Just found where I'm at.
Anyways; this is what you missed:
SucroseJul 15, 2010 11:14 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.