Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2010 2:02 PM

Jan 2010
Moonfrost said:
That pink haired genious girl is really getting on my nerves. I guess I can't blame her since zombies suddenly sprouted out of nowhere. That or I guess she's just jealous since the girl Takagi love is there with her.

Okay so everyone is gathered up already and each one has a different personality, lol. I wonder what's next. From what I saw, it seems to be that they're going to go outside the school and rescue their families. I bet they're zombies aswell.

Man I'm starting to fall for this Anime. I loved how the scenery looks so gloomy just to add the horror level.

At first I kind of agreed with you, and then realized, what if I, who have never killed anyone, had just drilled through a person's head with an electric drill (I believe) and saw all the shit fly out of their brain. Oh yeah, I'd get right back up and yell off the top of my lungs "HELL YEAH."
Jul 13, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
why all of u have such a problem with Shizuka-sensei ?????
okay she is a oppai-airhead but whats the problem o.O

and not everyone gathered up ^^ there is still one missing ;)

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jul 13, 2010 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
lol @ megane-con.

very good episode, i want moar of this.
Jul 13, 2010 3:03 PM

Jan 2010
Well, after watching this episode, I really have nooo complaints. I like every character (yes that includes clumsy nurse and crying Rei), and I think the pacing is perfect. I'm really impressed. There wasn't too much ecchi, and the fanservice that was in there wasn't too flashy for me. The gore is great, and I'm happy.

But I know that haters gonna hate, so this is probably a very low populated opinion.

RaiStorM said:

Really? Awesome. Can't wait to see whoever that is.
Jul 13, 2010 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
Funny epsiode. Hirano is funny, very funny to me. :)
Jul 13, 2010 3:59 PM

Feb 2009
I just wish zombies kill that teacher fast she's ruing the show :D
Jul 13, 2010 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
RaiStorM said:

Because honestly, she looks fucking stupid. One of the worst character designs I have ever witnessed.

In my opinion of course.
Jul 13, 2010 4:16 PM

Jan 2009
Jul 13, 2010 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
Psychodrake said:
RaiStorM said:

Because honestly, she looks fucking stupid. One of the worst character designs I have ever witnessed.

In my opinion of course.

jep she looks kinda stupid since she is a total airhead that needs several days to think about and remember something but thats Shizuka-sensei ^^ in the story setting was someone as an adult needed who isnt adultlike so that the main male character can be the leader ^^

Jul 13, 2010 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
RaiStorM said:
jep she looks kinda stupid since she is a total airhead that needs several days to think about and remember something but thats Shizuka-sensei ^^ in the story setting was someone as an adult needed who isnt adultlike so that the main male character can be the leader ^^

I've never been a fan of any brainless, helpless ditz with sound-effect tits.

Though I'm sure some love the stereotype, hence the inclusion.
sexijiJul 13, 2010 6:23 PM
Jul 13, 2010 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
sexiji said:
RaiStorM said:

I've never been a fan of any brainless, helpless ditz with sound-effect tits.

Though I'm sure some love the stereotype, hence the inclusion.

its not that she is brain- or helpless at the beginning things are just not her strong points but i have no idea if the anime will go far enough with the story to show that xD
so maybe she will end up as a pure comedy act if they split it in 2 seasons (dunno that atm) and about the things with her boobs ... those are supposed to be a comedic point to the story and ull have bear more "gags" to come so for the non-japanese fans its just something to accept or not ;)
but for me i rly want to see this animated xD

Jul 13, 2010 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
RaiStorM said:

its not that she is brain- or helpless at the beginning things are just not her strong points but i have no idea if the anime will go far enough with the story to show that xD
so maybe she will end up as a pure comedy act if they split it in 2 seasons (dunno that atm) and about the things with her boobs ... those are supposed to be a comedic point to the story and ull have bear more "gags" to come so for the non-japanese fans its just something to accept or not ;)
but for me i rly want to see this animated xD

I love the episode, but I also agree with this. :D
Jul 13, 2010 8:40 PM

Mar 2008
It was better than the 1st episode for sure, but like everyone says Shizuka needs to get bitten. xD She's the nurse and she's the oldest, but she was acting like a 5 year old and got that student killed. I'd rather see a badass nurse instead of a clueless nurse in this type of story.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Jul 13, 2010 9:06 PM
Jan 2008
glad this is not realistic. because its funny one zombie cause this whole mess in like minutes lol. other than that this anime is ok for now.
Jul 13, 2010 9:21 PM
Sep 2009
Grabbing pillz...
Jul 13, 2010 9:51 PM

Mar 2008
Moderate episode, wish they'd get to the point of the mad house (No pun intended) already. Seriously no one even asked Saeko why she knew so much about the zombies? And her similarities to Ryuugi from Toradora is growing on my nerves for some reason.
Jul 14, 2010 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
This might be a drop. Not in the mood for gigantic anime boobs and screeching tsunderes.
Jul 14, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 2009
I like this show but I hate almost all the characters thus far except for kendo girl, main character, and maybe rei (lol I only remembered her name & she was sort of a dumb bitch in the first episode). Hisashi was all right but he's dead.
Jul 14, 2010 2:31 AM

May 2010
One piece of music in particular, sounds almost identical to the 28 days later theme. The guitar strumming the same heavy chord rotation.

THis series definitely deserves to be animated, the manga does a good job, but it can't convey the epicness of the series.
Jul 14, 2010 2:45 AM
Jul 2008
Finally introduced Busujima! Going to love her sword skills later on.
Jul 14, 2010 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
Better than the first episode. Viral for Hirano Kouta was pure win. I just love that fat kid.

Is it just me who laughed when Doctor's boob knocked out Hirano?... I thought it was too funny, even though that boing boing thing gets on my nerves just a little bit.
Jul 14, 2010 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
FUUUUU! Why the hell did ATX have to censor their episode as well??!! I mean what harm are a little blood and guts going to do? Hell if a kid was watching it'd be better for them to see it first animated rather than in real life. Goddamn censors...
Jul 14, 2010 5:10 AM

Sep 2009
fucken censors ruined this episode for me
thats all i have to say

Jul 14, 2010 6:03 AM

Feb 2007
Was a cool episode better then the first one, one thing i dont like is the doctor and how clumsy she is. Just dosent feel like the situation is serious when she acts all clueless and shaking her boobs.
Jul 14, 2010 9:13 AM
Jul 2010
Well...I liked this episode. But, for some reason, the manga feels a LOT better...perhaps because i have already read it, but I don't think so. The manga simply is more exiting.

It almost seems as the anime is going on slow motion for me...aanyways, it should get better when they head out of the school.

The thing is, I can't tell what the anime is doing wrong, or why it does not seem that great...but I know they are doing something wrong.

Still, good episode.
ScientificJul 14, 2010 9:17 AM
Jul 14, 2010 9:20 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was mildly annoying. All the girls in this anime are pretty irritating, especially the doctor; almost makes me want to drop it, tbh. It really takes you out of the moment when she's just there for some boob bouncing. And I just have to roll my eyes at that line: "Protecting a man's pride is the style of a real woman." lol please go back to the stone age. I would have preferred if this anime were a bit more serious.

The only character that's kind of entertaining is Hirano. Just kind of.
Jul 14, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
bwahahachick said:
This episode was mildly annoying. All the girls in this anime are pretty irritating, especially the doctor; almost makes me want to drop it, tbh. It really takes you out of the moment when she's just there for some boob bouncing. And I just have to roll my eyes at that line: "Protecting a man's pride is the style of a real woman." lol please go back to the stone age. I would have preferred if this anime were a bit more serious.

The only character that's kind of entertaining is Hirano. Just kind of.

Hirano is the series saving grace for me. He is just freaking hilarious.

Nothing else is funny.
Jul 14, 2010 10:49 AM

Apr 2008
I kinda find it funny how people are watching a zombie apocalyptic show expecting comedy. Then again that might just be me. As for all the fanservice that blond bimbo has been showing, I really don't care, not saying I like it, just saying I dont dislike it.

Anywho, cheers to best show of the season.
Jul 14, 2010 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
I care little for comedy personally, I much rather serious anime or realistic anime. Thing is, they tried to implement some comedy and all of it was terrible apart from Hirano's role as god.
Jul 14, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
xhx said:
glad this is not realistic. because its funny one zombie cause this whole mess in like minutes lol. other than that this anime is ok for now.

Haha! :P well maybe they were more than one spread across the city though..

anyways, this episode was... intense again.. despite the horror, supernatural etc shows that i have watched, these kind of stuff still make me tense.
but it was a good episode... despite that stupid nurse that got that nice student killed. she didn't even deserve him saving her! :S anyway... apart from her the other characters are fine i guess.
JusticeUndoneJul 14, 2010 11:07 AM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 14, 2010 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
Looks like they're doing 1 and a half episodes per chapter which means we won't get very far if it is indeed a 13 episode series.
Jul 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
WOW, this anime sure has exploded with the amount of people watching it and talking about it.

So far I think it has been pretty entertaining, sure they're ripping off every ZOMBIE movie ever made, BUT SO WHAT.

Sure there's a lot of fanservice, BUT SO WHAT.

We finally get to see a Zombie anime full with blood and HOT BISHOUJOS, what else could I ask for.

This is quickly getting to be one of my favorites anime.......and dare I say, anime of the Year???
Jul 14, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
Most of the girls, I have a huge problem with.

Saya = frickin' brags about being a genius, doesn't do shit for herself and only leaving Hirano to do the dirty work

Rei = frickin' doesn't give a rats' ass about Takashi's feelings and what is she doing? She frickin' starts to feel for him. What a fuckin' bitch

Only thing I can say is that the episodes are great so far. Love the zombie killing and bashing.

Poor kids are being eaten and losing their sanity.
Jul 14, 2010 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
this show would've been better without too much screaming and too much crying =)

those chicks really are annoying as Fuck
Jul 14, 2010 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Looks like they're doing 1 and a half episodes per chapter which means we won't get very far if it is indeed a 13 episode series.

How did you get this result? 1st episode covered whole chapter 1, 2nd episode covered extra chapter(8 pages but still) and like 3/4 of chapter 2.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 14, 2010 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
Jrittmayer said:

How did you get this result? 1st episode covered whole chapter 1, 2nd episode covered extra chapter(8 pages but still) and like 3/4 of chapter 2.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 15, 2010 4:47 AM

Apr 2009
Despite my negative feelings for the first ep, I thought this was much better.
Kohta was awesome this episode. He and Takagi seem to be the more interesting pair in this show.

Also, I hate it whenever the nurse comes in. I hope that they stop the over-the-top jug noises and give her more significance.
Ignoring the fan service seems to be a decent way to watching this show for me.

As a non-reader for this show, I wonder how it'll mix it up and WHO WILL DIE FIRST.
Jul 15, 2010 6:18 AM

Jan 2008
Tho bouncy boob noises (yes, that's just noise) have to go. Also, no censoring in my HOTD plzkkthx
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jul 15, 2010 6:27 AM
Jan 2009
So our cast finally comes together. That nurse is rather annoying--her airheadedness is irritating.

Favorite characters so far: Takashi and Saeko--they don't whine and they're kicking butt

I like both the opening and ending songs too, I just have to remember to stick around after the end song to watch the clip before the preview.

I have no delusions about this being a save the world fic after 2 episodes seeing how things have gone but i'm curious about the story but I also don't want to ruin it later either. Anyone know how closely related to the manga this is?

Oh, I noticed people were still having issues finding subs on the 1st page, here's a link:

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/highschool-dead-online

you don't need to sign up either
Jul 15, 2010 6:59 AM

Feb 2010
Im sort of curious actually... If this show is even really being censored. I mean in all actuality.. This may be the original form. The only reason I wonder that is.. Why would they censor it on AT-X.. and even for theanimenetwork members.. I mean wouldnt that be a big ploy to attract more paying members? Saying you had the uncensored streams? Or even.. Premium members get uncensored.. Registered get aired show..Just seems weird.

I guess none of us will really know until a BD/DVD release.. and since its liscensed now.. American companies know how to squeeze every dollar out of something.. I wouldnt be surpised to see a release just like we are watching on DVD/BD .. THEN .. a "directors uncut" version as a second release and costing more.
Jul 15, 2010 7:57 AM
Oct 2008
enjoy it while it lasts. i aint like dem people with alot of stuff to say.

on another note, if im in that group, its either the zombies or them boobs are gonna kill me. XD nice.
Jul 15, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
That drill censoring was really fucking stupid, but it was a good ep. Also that genius crap and retarded boob lady seemed a bit pointless. Interesting to see how this developes.
Jul 15, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. That counterattack was pretty awesome. I got a little annoyed at some parts. The nurse, the "genius" girl at points, but I chalk that up to zombie attack trauma. I'm a little amazed though that these kids could hold off zombies with a nail gun & some sticks, but it looks like the police & military are being overwhelmed.

Jul 15, 2010 4:01 PM

Sep 2009
Maximatum99 said:
I was let down by Coalguys not putting, "Grabbin' pills," when the nurse was grabbin' some meds.

Oh god... this is so much win.

noteDhero said:
Far better episode with the introduction of likable characters like Fatty and Sword Girl. However, the episode had a huge weight on it with two more virtually worthless bimbos in the Doctor and Pink-Haired Bitch.

That said, the best scene is where Fatty and Pink-Haired Bitch discuss the abilities/attributes/weaknesses of the zombies.

And I don't like whining about censoring, but damn...that last kill...that wasn't mindless violence like a lot of the show. That was a very specific character moment that needed to be shown. Shame it was covered up.

...Yeah, that's pretty much everything I was going to say.

Also, if anyone among the established characters dies, it will be Miss Perfect. She breaks too many of the horror movie rules, and now she has to pay.
Jul 15, 2010 5:05 PM

Dec 2008
MADhouse continues to fail at dissapointing, but really felt the drill edit was coming.
Jul 15, 2010 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, I will admit, this anime is proving to be better than I imagined. I'm going to keep watching.

I do hate Takagi. Her shouting "I'M A GENIUS" line is pissing me off. -_-
Jul 15, 2010 10:38 PM
Feb 2010
This is not exactly the best anime I've watched, but it sure darn has me excited for each and every episode. Who's up for a Battle Royale anime, anybody? Haha. That would make for an awesome anime!! :O

Hmmm here's my assessment on each character:
Takashi: He's your typical group leader, who will probably survive the whole anime.

Rei: Her character is a bit bland, but I'm looking forward to some character development in the future.

Saeko (Kendo Girl): Awesome!!! 'Nuff said.

Takagi: Ughhh, she's annoying but that end bit with the drill was epic.

Hirano: Haha. Otaku character for the win!!! ^_^

School Nurse: ....ugh. She's the fanservice character. Can't stand her. :/
Jul 15, 2010 11:13 PM

May 2007
Viral as Kouta's VA is win. Takagi's moment was cut sharp by censors, I'm disappointed in AT-X. The boing boing noises have to go, though the ecchi has been cut down to a more befitting level and I actually laughed when the nurse accidentally knocked out Kouta. There is still the bus scene which is borderline hentai, coming probaby in the fourth episode, but other than that, the show has been eroded of unnecessary fanservice.
Jul 16, 2010 1:25 AM

Jun 2010
Ep.1 was awesome with that awesome main theme song which I thought was ED. The real ED sucks. =[ I think the last part and that main theme made 1st ep look so awesome. And that purpled hair girl is awesome. =]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2010 3:26 AM

Feb 2010
DaBigD said:
Viral as Kouta's VA is win. Takagi's moment was cut sharp by censors, I'm disappointed in AT-X. The boing boing noises have to go, though the ecchi has been cut down to a more befitting level and I actually laughed when the nurse accidentally knocked out Kouta. There is still the bus scene which is borderline hentai, coming probaby in the fourth episode, but other than that, the show has been eroded of unnecessary fanservice.

I cant wait to see this "orgy bus" everyone talks about.. I want to see.. how they made the transition from fighting for their lives.. and not knowing if they will survive.. to fighting for some ecchi action...

Watch the anime skip those chapters.. lol
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.