Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2010 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
32 [mostly positive] reviews, 1,111 replies in the episode 1 discussion thread, ranked #113 for the top anime list already, etc...

Seriously, What.The.Fuck.

I'm hearing people saying that this is (literally) THE best anime of the year, and if not, EVER.

I wouldn't mind if the anime already finished, but only 1 episode aired so far. Don't get what the huge fuss is about. IMHO the episode was mediocre and is probably going in my drop list by episode 5. Maybe it'll go in my favorite list, who knows. You can't judge the entire anime by one episode. All those reviews should get deleted.

I'm now atleast 50% sure that some of the fans are going to get butthurt for me expressing my opinion. You hardcore fans remind me of Narutards for some reason.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2010 2:32 PM
Mar 2010
Let them ;p Me myself I think it's a good show so far only 1episode aired so it might get better or worse duh

And those involved in it have made some other good anime too ..
Jul 9, 2010 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
If people like it, then people like it, good for them.;)

I like it; it's definatley a series I'm going to follow and I feel it has lived up to its expectations.;)
So far (one ep'), it's been consistant to its theme, we weren't bombarded with all the characters at once and the mystery still remains.

As for 'best anime of the year', that title goes to either FMA Brotherhood or Durarara.:p
I'd rank Shiki (another new anime) above this also.

Jul 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
oh don´t worry about it there´s a lot of shows that were overrated but after a time they are forgotten, also it´s just the first episode has the euffory of it and this season also is not really good so don´t became angry just for little things like that.

All the seasons are the same a new and overrated show appear and everybody complain because it´s the best or the worst but just give it a chance or ignore it that´s all

you can get the example of Kimi ni Todoke now it´s on #67 and it was on #20´s
Jul 9, 2010 2:57 PM
Jun 2010
Yes we know. This problem is not only in MAL. I know another anime related site which almost never gets ratings, for some reason, it got 30 ratings for HOTD of 5/5.

FMA Brotherhood

FMA Brotherhood is 2009 by the way

Jul 9, 2010 2:59 PM

Jul 2009
I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's pretty generic and unimaginative in its presentation... Sticking with it b/c of Marina Inoue.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 9, 2010 3:00 PM

Oct 2007
I think its more overhyped than overrated.

But yes, this intense adoration that the series is getting is a little unnerving.
Jul 9, 2010 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
I kind of agree.

We know next to nothing about the story other than the town has been invaded by zombies or something similar to them. There was blood chaos and fanservice and that was about it.

Both Shiki and Occult Gakuin look better than it so far IMO, but they are rated much lower due to having much less blood.

Of course, you have to give it a chance to see if it gets any good, so I'm not dropping it yet.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jul 9, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2009
Jul 9, 2010 3:13 PM

Mar 2009
After 1 episode, ranked 113 LMAO.
Jul 9, 2010 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
Well, there are many people who likes gore and this anime seem to contain pretty much of it. We haven't seen something pretty detailed yet, though... I'd say it's overrated. The story is not even unique, it's like a common zombie movie nowadays. There are thousands of movies with almost the same story. I'm not talking about "exactly the same story", just that it builds on the same concept as many other movies and such.

Some guys flees from a horde of zombies (originally started with a epidemic disease), tries to become the "survivors".

After one episode, that was pretty much Okay, it gets too many high scores, reviews and there are many big discussions going on. It's just a big lol, in my opinion. Freaking wait till the shit is over or at least have gone to half of the show.
RodnessJul 9, 2010 3:30 PM
Jul 9, 2010 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
supersayen said:

FMA Brotherhood

FMA Brotherhood is 2009 by the way

I know, yet it only finished last week.;)
Though I'd add, I'm looking forward to the Mirai Nikki OVA in December (something not as hyped up).

I must say, I don't know what the problem is; I found Code Geass to be the most boring series ever, yet most people love it, good for them.

Jul 9, 2010 3:56 PM

Jan 2010
The first episode had:

Good directing
Amazing animation
Interesting presentation
Good fanservice
Original concept for an anime
Something interesting happening every minute
God-tier OP

So yeah, its obvious the first episode will whip people up into a frenzy. Besides, most of the other shows this season were decent, but nothing that really catches your attention like HoTD.

We'll just have to wait and see. I predict they will fuck up the ending.
My tastes > your tastes.
Jul 9, 2010 4:06 PM

Aug 2008
Is it really worth it to care this much if it is getting this much attention? Honestly, why waste your time giving a fuck? Just let it be, it is what it is.
Jul 9, 2010 4:33 PM

Nov 2009
Project_MkUltra said:
32 [mostly positive] reviews, 1,111 replies in the episode 1 discussion thread, ranked #113 for the top anime list already, etc...

I'm hearing people saying that this is (literally) THE best anime of the year, and if not, EVER.

I wouldn't mind if the anime already finished, but only 1 episode aired so far. Don't get what the huge fuss is about. IMHO the episode was mediocre and is probably going in my drop list by episode 5. Maybe it'll go in my favorite list, who knows. You can't judge the entire anime by one episode. All those reviews should get deleted.

I'm now atleast 50% sure that some of the fans are going to get butthurt for me expressing my opinion. You hardcore fans remind me of Narutards for some reason.

ITS OVERRATED...IMO its cliched.. Seen many movies having the same/similar plot...zombies all around and trapped. Well thats what horror is after all XD and the characters..ive seen all of them before ( the personalities ) Nothing special. Ecchi ( for i am a girl) i do not like. The boobs defy gravity.
its OVERRATED. IT IS GOOD. 7/10 BUT THE PRAISE ITS GETTING NOW....IS WAY TOO MUCH.
I watch you sleep <3
Jul 9, 2010 4:46 PM

Jan 2010
Here we fucking go. I don't get the point of something being called overrated. Why do you even care? If something is popular and you don't like it, why is there a need to breed the hate? Seriously, I don't get hate/diss threads. Is it for attention? And then when people actually try to defend something on hate threads, you just dismiss them because they're getting "butthurt".. What is the point? And here's the thing, it isn't overrated. Everyone just likes it because it's the first actual ZOMBIE ANIME. It's the actual first one where actual zombies are the main focus point and it's about survival. It's the new obsession: the thought of surviving an apocalypse. And it didn't fail with the first episode. I haven't seen anyone say it's the best anime of the year or ever at all, but I've heard a lot of people saying "IT'S FUCKING AWESOME" and I agree with them. It is pretty interesting.
And really, everyone making fun of it, honestly please just take a step back. In anime, EVERYTHING CAN BE MADE FUN OF. Swords transform when you talk to them, fruits that give you magical powers, ninjas that walk on water, etc etc. So before you start going blablabla troll troll 4chan this 4chan that, just stop man.
Jul 9, 2010 4:46 PM
Nov 2007
PepperedHam said:
Is it really worth it to care this much if it is getting this much attention? Honestly, why waste your time giving a fuck? Just let it be, it is what it is.

Some people just have too much time to ponder about pointless things such as "Why people get hyped for a show they find entertaining?"

In any case...

I'd have to agree with Kuromii in saying that this show is more overhyped than overrated at the moment. There's nothing wrong with that. If people find the later episodes bad, then most of them will amend the score as they see fit. There's nothing wrong with a show being overhyped as well.

Overrated or overhyped, it shouldn't really matter just as PepperedHam pointed out. All that should matter is whether or not you enjoy the show.

Oh, also...
After 1 episode, ranked 113 LMAO.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6707/Kuroshitsuji_II
This one is higher, lol.
Jul 9, 2010 4:49 PM

Jun 2010
PepperedHam said:

I agree. Whining about how much attention it's getting is.... giving it more attention.
Jul 9, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
If people like it, people like it. There must be a reason why people rated it so high. I rated it 8/10 because it's a good mixture of drama, okay characters, (I think the characters are its weak point) gore, action, fanservice, amazing animation, original concept, awesome OP, and a very interesting anime.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 9, 2010 5:03 PM

May 2010
TomDawn said:
The first episode had:

Good directing
Amazing animation
Interesting presentation
Good fanservice
Original concept for an anime
Something interesting happening every minute
God-tier OP

So yeah, its obvious the first episode will whip people up into a frenzy. Besides, most of the other shows this season were decent, but nothing that really catches your attention like HoTD.

We'll just have to wait and see. I predict they will fuck up the ending.

Code Geass
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2008
Another whining thread. Wow why am I not surprised. Seriously what does this have to do with discussing the anime. you don't like it then ignore it. Be the rebel you want so much to be by going against the crowd. No one's stopping you. Just stop bitching and complaining about something being popular. It's getting old seriously =_=
Jul 9, 2010 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
An extremely cliché zombie story, fanservice, gore, nice animations and that's pretty much it.
I can tell before even starting this that it isn't something special.

Although looking at your anime list, I would be sure with that 8.3 average, you'd give this nothing smaller than a 9.
Jul 9, 2010 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
Its not overrated when the majority of people like it and you don't. And if you even say I am "buthurt" that I have to defend this anime, maybe your just hurt that its beating yours?

But on another note of "non-fanboyism?" I do agree with you people are juming the gun to soon about this show. They need to give it time to develop, the only reason I gave it a 10 is because I have expectations and would drop that score in an instant if it doesn't meet those expectations.
Jul 9, 2010 7:05 PM

Dec 2008
radiantfire said:

Oh, also...

This one is higher, lol.

Thanks alot shota/fujoshi/yaoi fan girls
Jul 9, 2010 7:11 PM
Feb 2010
wabowser said:
radiantfire said:

Oh, also...

This one is higher, lol.

Thanks alot shota/fujoshi/yaoi fan girls

+1
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 9, 2010 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah i agree with radiantfire and some people who said this one is overhyped, it is overhyped, and the fact that this anime had a good start on the first episode compared to other line up is one of the factor causing this get much much attention than the others imo, of course i'm not watching Kurotshitsuji so i don't know about that one
Jul 9, 2010 7:59 PM

Jan 2008
Chill out dude and listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI

Project_MkUltra said:

Jul 9, 2010 8:03 PM
Feb 2010
Project_MkUltra said:

That is way crossing the goddamn line. Don't associate us (me) with "them".
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 9, 2010 8:10 PM

Dec 2009
Project_MkUltra said:

So? If you don't like it you really don't have to watch it. It's not like the will of the internet is making you watch it or anything. Feel free to stop watching anytime.
And judging from the last paragraph of your post, I'd say you only posted this for the sake of trolling.

In other words, you sir, have won the prize biggest troll of the day. Congratulations!!!
I really couldn't be bothered to come up with a clever signature at this time. So right now I will go ahead and say nay and move on with my business
Jul 9, 2010 9:39 PM
Feb 2010
Like my classmates said, "It's got blood, it's got gore, it's got zombies. Who gives a damn about plot?" :P

(I don't like blood, gore and zombies though, but I'll keep watching because of them)
I don't have any kind words to spare to someone who already has all the reason in the world to feel good about himself.
*my blog*
Jul 10, 2010 1:38 AM

May 2009
Phantoka said:
Project_MkUltra said:

That is way crossing the goddamn line. Don't associate us (me) with "them".

But its obviously true.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2010 1:40 AM

Feb 2008
That's because MAL operates on a scale of 8-10 being good, 7 being OK, 6 and below being shit.
Jul 10, 2010 1:43 AM

Feb 2009
I think the problem here are the zombies.
Jul 10, 2010 1:49 AM

Sep 2008
seriously MAL need do something about their ranking system. that not funny when every new anime with just one eps can break though top 100 or anything like that, I love this title but god....

How about ongoing title not included in rank/chart ?

sounds like plan for me..
Jul 10, 2010 1:54 AM

Sep 2008
Mmm, yeah I agree that already having reviews put up is silly. But uh yeah, there's really no reason to complain about the outright attention that the anime is getting. People are interesting and want to talk about the anime, so let them. Really isn't something to get so worked up about.
---

Hmm...
Jul 10, 2010 2:01 AM

May 2010
only cause mayne idiots write rewiews for first episode its overrated?

nice logic ..moron
Jul 10, 2010 2:19 AM

Jan 2009
I don't give a damn shit. Because yes, first episode was really awesome in every department. But I'm not fucking fag to rate series after 1st episode. It's just pure idioticy to rate series after 1st episode.
Jul 10, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
you know there's a reason why you can edit ratings. So if it sucks you can take back your vote. Most democracies lack that option you know.
Jul 10, 2010 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
The show isn't even done yet, so why would you care what the ratings are. They are bound to fluctuate in due time. Relax.
Jul 10, 2010 2:52 AM
Nov 2007
TadloS said:
I don't give a damn shit. Because yes, first episode was really awesome in every department. But I'm not fucking fag to rate series after 1st episode. It's just pure idioticy to rate series after 1st episode.

There's nothing wrong with rating a show after the first episode. In fact, I find it helpful as it gives me something to consider when deciding whether to pick up a particular show.

Also, like Darklight303 has said, there's a reason why ratings can be changed. And yes they do change throughout the course of a show. Haruhi is a good example.
Jul 10, 2010 3:00 AM

Jan 2010
Project_MkUltra said:

lmao what a great comment xD
it will drop,trust me :p
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 10, 2010 3:07 AM

Nov 2008
Maybe it's just THAT GOOD...

:)
Jul 10, 2010 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
I swear the words "Overrated" and "Underrated" should be rendered null in the "Create new topic" section.

It's disappointing to know that the probability of an anime getting a topic like this every time theres a boom in its rating is around 99%. People love the eye-candy. Get over it.

Jul 10, 2010 4:35 AM
Jan 2008
Project_MkUltra said:

Personally you sound like a retard begging for attention by trolling.. you dont like the show who cares.. some do... some dont.
Jul 10, 2010 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
manny22 said:
Project_MkUltra said:

Personally you sound like a retard begging for attention by trolling.. you dont like the show who cares.. some do... some dont.
not really, his points are completely valid about people claiming it as the best anime after only one episode. different opinion =/= trolling
Jul 10, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
Project_MkUltra said:

Look at Kuroshitsuji II dumbshit. Before the 2nd ep was aired
Jul 10, 2010 5:14 AM

May 2010
I would be one of the people who "overrated" this anime but here are my reasons :
  • I'm reading the manga and it has been amazingly well adapted. I was expecting this anime to be some poor/average adaptation but they managed to transcend the essence of the manga (never-ending feeling of distress and extreme gore and fan-service) with both a kickass animation and a great realization.
  • I think it's the most graphically mind-blowing show of the season. (of what I've watched so far)
  • The first episode was quite good in spite of the annoying characters. Therefore, the show should get better when the lead mans up and other interesting characters are introduced.

It's still too early though to say that it's the best show of the year/season/all times. I rated it 9/10 because of the surprisingly good first impression it gave me and the high expectations I now have of it. But I'm fairly certain that it will go down because I fear that they mess up the ending. Plus, I hope there'll be a bit less fan-service because it doesn't flow as naturally as in the manga IMO.

PS: Durarara! is the best anyway. ^^

Jul 10, 2010 5:40 AM
Feb 2010
This is what I think:

I have no problems whatsoever with people loving this, but you still have to know that there's only been one episode. It's possible to base a small opinion of wether it's something for you. But to actually rate it to the fullest isn't possible yet.
For example: If you watch the first episode of One Piece you think it's a mediocre anime with dry humor and a bad art style. But a few hundred episode later you know you were very wrong.
Another: Death Note has got many plottwist and stuff possible to make one rate each episode again.
Even if you read the manga and know exactly what's gonna happen, you still don't know how they're gonna adapt it in the anime.
Jul 10, 2010 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
MisaTange said:
If people like it, people like it. There must be a reason why people rated it so high. I rated it 8/10 because it's a good mixture of drama, okay characters, (I think the characters are its weak point) gore, action, fanservice, amazing animation, original concept, awesome OP, and a very interesting anime.

In addition to that, I have a tendency to rate every anime on my list, including watching anime, unless I forgot about their events.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jul 10, 2010 2:54 PM

Sep 2007
I think it's overrated... >.> I didn't see anything new: zombies, girls with big boobs, panties, emo boy who just killed his best friend... When I first saw the trailer, I thought about it being a kickass anime, but it's just too retarted now.. But still... I'll be watching this.. =.=
Hope, it will get better after a few eps..

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.