Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2010 9:03 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so the cheesy flashback continues. Madara gets owned( as always, duh), Minato goes off to play a hero and we get even more cliched Jyuubi-foreshadowing...yay....

And moar bond madara.

although the level of failhe is displaying makes him more of Austin Powers villain, than bond villain....

Oh and yay kishi for turning this into total dbz. At first Minato's teleportation was with handicaps, now you managed to make it into dbz levels of stuff. Congrats on continuing to ruin a great concept of ninja 8D

Minato DOES look cool, but I would have rather had a great flashback than a great minato-fanservice scenes...

Oh and wow how convenient - Uzumaki clan can survive tailed beast extractions ~ Never saw that coming. Oh Kishi~ Showing in last minute decisions to fix the possible plotholes on how Naruto survives when Kyuubi is finally extracted and Madara fuses with Jyuubi into HATRED....~ How crafty~(not)
2/5
AhenshihaelJul 7, 2010 9:34 AM
Jul 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Mar 2010
link please?
Jul 7, 2010 9:05 AM

Jul 2007
theFlash said:
link please?

Only the raw so far and it will appear on more usual sources in few hours as always :)
Jul 7, 2010 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
ahh yeah i only see the spoilers atm :P just read the summarized text
Jul 7, 2010 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
epic just epic except the cover page.
Jul 7, 2010 7:06 PM

Apr 2008
I actually loved this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jul 7, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Jul 7, 2010 7:10 PM

Jun 2010
Mangastream ppl....

But yea this was actually kinda touching, Kushina suffering and Minatos anger towards Madara. Still kinda overboard with Kushina surviving the extraction, Minato over passing what I thought was an OP but still limited ability, and yet again the overused Naruto/Sasuke destiny plot. Im assuming that was Itachi at the end holding Sasuke.

Jul 7, 2010 7:10 PM
Nov 2007
that was shorter / more pointless than usual.
Jul 7, 2010 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, that was pretty damn awesome. That's all I can say truly.
Jul 7, 2010 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
Now that was amazing!!! That was really heart warming with Naruto lying besides a dying Kushina, Things are really coming together now

10/5
Jul 7, 2010 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
"OMG is she gonna be OK?!?!"
Jul 7, 2010 7:24 PM
Oct 2009
SkyFade said:
Mangastream ppl....

But yea this was actually kinda touching, Kushina suffering and Minatos anger towards Madara. Still kinda overboard with Kushina surviving the extraction, Minato over passing what I thought was an OP but still limited ability, and yet again the overused Naruto/Sasuke destiny plot. Im assuming that was Itachi at the end holding Sasuke.

yea, it must be Itashi...
Jul 7, 2010 7:26 PM
Oct 2009
SkyFade said:
Mangastream ppl....

yeah, it was Itashi. At least it must be him.
Jul 7, 2010 7:30 PM

Aug 2009
ReaperEXE said:
"OMG is she gonna be OK?!?!"

what do you think? Anyway pretty good chapter. Not a fan of the cover page. Naruto and Sasuke look weird as toddlers.
Jul 7, 2010 7:30 PM
Jun 2008
It was good that the mother survived the extraction and im just guessing that Narutos parents will die soon . Naruto is going to have a better understanding of why he is the host. He's going to tell Sasuke that he really understands his pain cuz his clan and parents are gone too
Jul 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
It baffles me how someone can criticize naruto so hard while confidently stanning in bleach chapters.

Anyway, another lackluster chapter. (Same with Bleach)

Jul 7, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
Finally we get to see how Minato stopped the Nine Tailed Fox. This was a really awesome chapter. Although it could have been a lot better if Kishi would stop trying to make the Naruto and Sasuke foreshadowing scenes.
Jul 7, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
D'aww, little Sasuke & Itachi are so cute! As for the rest, I suppose it all makes sense and seeing Minato in combat is always fun to watch (guess I can't really call it combat though). Not a bad chapter, I'm just more excited about the present than the tragic past.

Jul 7, 2010 7:57 PM

Feb 2009
Cover page and last panel of last page is just stupid. What does Sasuke have to do with any of this? Otherwise, a normal chapter. Looks like this story might take a while...
Jul 7, 2010 8:00 PM

Sep 2008
my only words are: Naruto needs to learn his dad's flash technique....if he can do Rasengan at an early age faster than his dad did, whats stopping him from being the flash...that shit is godly

too much naruto/sasuke cross-path-destiny shit can be a little overbearing....we got it already from volume 1...
Jul 7, 2010 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
belatkuro said:
Cover page and last panel of last page is just stupid. What does Sasuke have to do with any of this? Otherwise, a normal chapter. Looks like this story might take a while...
faaaaaaaaaaaaaan service
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2010 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
Good chapter, despite Kishi's obsession with Sasuke...as usual.
Jul 7, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2010
I was always wondering what Itachi was doing that day so pretty good chapter. I think everyone wanted to know what really happened that day and here we go. Though I wasn't expecting it to read it this soon. I always figured that Tobi would be the one narrating it. You know how he is when it comes to his stories.

I'm kinda relieved that this isn't a "Turn Back The Pendulum" kind of thing. Kind of...
Jul 7, 2010 8:29 PM

Jul 2009
Nice flashback, well 2 page with Sasuke really ruin it
Jul 7, 2010 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
Maybe we'll get lucky and have some nice fight scenes with Minato. (Won't count on it though.)

Jul 7, 2010 8:32 PM

Aug 2007
that fan service shit with sasuke is bleh

other than that great chapter
Jul 7, 2010 8:35 PM

Oct 2008
Nnnnawwww, cute cover page of Sasuke and Naruto.. but yeah this chapter is mostly made up of fanservice of Minato.

..He does look pretty cool though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 7, 2010 8:39 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, Kishi is really trying hard to force Sasuke into just about any conceivable situation that deals with Naruto lately.
Jul 7, 2010 8:40 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome chapter... (except cover page)
Jul 7, 2010 8:45 PM
Oct 2007
over powered flash ability? um, are you and me reading the same manga? He was the freaking 4th Hokage. He was labeled the Yellow Flash, there had to be a reason. I would expect no less!
Jul 7, 2010 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, stop bitching about Sasuke, two panels aren't going to kill you.

Anyway, this was an ok chapter. I wasn't completely thrilled, but it was better than most of the previous weeks.
Jul 7, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
We haven't seen Sasuke in a fair few chapters so he has to get thrown in once in a while because everyone loves him xD.
Actually Naruto surprised me this week I thought it was quite a good story.
Jul 7, 2010 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
that last page with minato wearing the fourth hokage overcoat is just plain fucking epic.

otherwise, dont care.
Jul 7, 2010 9:09 PM

Nov 2009
Rizzle said:
Lol, stop bitching about Sasuke, two panels aren't going to kill you.

Anyway, this was an ok chapter. I wasn't completely thrilled, but it was better than most of the previous weeks.

Agreed. But still we don't know the real identity of the masked guy. But it's a small matter.
Jul 7, 2010 9:10 PM
Sep 2007
Fai said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so the cheesy flashback continues. Madara gets owned( as always, duh), Minato goes off to play a hero and we get even more cliched Jyuubi-foreshadowing...yay....

And moar bond madara.

although the level of failhe is displaying makes him more of Austin Powers villain, than bond villain....

Oh and yay kishi for turning this into total dbz. At first Minato's teleportation was with handicaps, now you managed to make it into dbz levels of stuff. Congrats on continuing to ruin a great concept of ninja 8D

Minato DOES look cool, but I would have rather had a great flashback than a great minato-fanservice scenes...

Oh and wow how convenient - Uzumaki clan can survive tailed beast extractions ~ Never saw that coming. Oh Kishi~ Showing in last minute decisions to fix the possible plotholes on how Naruto survives when Kyuubi is finally extracted and Madara fuses with Jyuubi into HATRED....~ How crafty~(not)
2/5

Atleast we don't have a full blown dbz training going like Bleach with even FUSION HA, lol. At least your not fully trolling anymore.
Hi
Jul 7, 2010 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
I think the last panel was meant for us to notice Itachi, not Sasuke.
It might be here that Itachi meet Madara for the first time.
Jul 7, 2010 9:26 PM

Oct 2007
Let's face it, Naruto is never going to be as cool as his dad. That would make too good of a manga.
Jul 7, 2010 10:09 PM

Apr 2009
OMG. Page 16 is so fucking heartwrenching. Kushina's expression is so painful. She's dying, her village is being destroyed, her husband is going off to almost certain death, and all she can do is desperately hold onto her son while thinking of why this is even happening and the things that could've been. Minato looks so tired and resigned.

Supposed to be one of the happiest days of their lives and you know everything is just going to be futile.
Jul 7, 2010 10:19 PM
Sep 2007
Shiken said:
Let's face it, Naruto is never going to be as cool as his dad. That would make too good of a manga.

Very true sir, very true
Hi
Jul 7, 2010 11:20 PM

Feb 2008
Hawaiian420 said:
Shiken said:

Very true sir, very true
agreed
Jul 7, 2010 11:30 PM

Mar 2010
Shiken said:

you never know i mean naruto is only 16 so he still has time to grow up and become as cool. i mean he has shown considerable growth compared to how he was in the begining of the manga so there is hope.

on another note, i wonder if naruto is gonna want revenge after finding out that madara killed both his parents.

also i think the uchiha clan has something to do with whats happening for some reason.
Jul 7, 2010 11:45 PM

Feb 2008
Pointless complains, Sasuke only appeared in like 2 panels? Kushina survived so what? She's going to die very soon anyways.

Awesome chapter.

Shiken said:

Naruto was pretty cool when he first appeared in Sage mode. But he definitely has to learn his father's flash techniques!

Jul 7, 2010 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
woh we got to see Minato in action in the upcoming chapters i sense a war action on the upcoming chapters Hoorrrayyyyy!!!
Jul 8, 2010 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
pretty good chapter...
naruto was well drawn in the cover :)))
Jul 8, 2010 12:22 AM

Oct 2008
obliviouz said:
my only words are: Naruto needs to learn his dad's flash technique....if he can do Rasengan at an early age faster than his dad did, whats stopping him from being the flash...that shit is godly.

Simple really. No one has yet to teach him how to do that.

Also to throw in my 2 cents on the whole "Naruto and Sasuke's encounter" thing. It never really bothered me as much as it did with everyone else in this thread. I wasn't particularly overjoyed by it or anything, but it just plainly thought, "hmm, interesting." I will say this though, one of the themes of Naruto I've seen transcended that I liked is the cyle of history with each generation, particularly the bad parts and that the current generation in the main Naruto timeline is about an opportunity to break the cyle of all the bad parts repeating itself. Or at least that's the vibe I've been getting out of Naruto.

On a separate note, Kishmoto's design of Naruto and Sasuke as infants seem... well... somewhat off to me. II don't think it's by any means bad artwork of those two as babies, though I would feel somewhat more convinced if say he made their eyes slightly bigger and made their cheeks look a bit more pudgy or something.
Jul 8, 2010 12:41 AM

Apr 2010
-----------------------------------------

its..ok...chapter!!
Jul 8, 2010 12:42 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------------------------

LoL...
Madara!!So!!Strong!!
Lol!!!.......hmmm...i..guess...
father.of.naruto..is.stronger??Lol?
Jul 8, 2010 1:16 AM

May 2008
It was actually good, I quite enjoyed it. I'd love to see Minato vs Kyuubi in the next chapter. Looking forward to it~
Jul 8, 2010 1:22 AM

Oct 2009
Minato is so cool).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.