Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 4, 2007 2:20 PM

Jan 2007
No job but still I get paid $1400 each month yay explaining this will take a lot of time and I don’t think anyone wants to read 10 to 15 lines.
Jul 4, 2007 2:37 PM

Jan 2007
Only one question: how do I get involved? lol

OK, two questions: you don't have to do anything...kinky...right? O.o
Jul 4, 2007 2:49 PM
Jun 2007
I today was just hired into a Verzion corperate store..$14 dollars an hour...holla!
Too bad i made my availibility only open for 10 hours a week because i hate work luls

Trevor (OP)
Jul 4, 2007 3:30 PM

Apr 2007
College student and part-time programmer(WPF/WCF in C#, new stuff)
Jul 4, 2007 3:34 PM

Jan 2007
hounddog said:
Only one question: how do I get involved? lol

OK, two questions: you don't have to do anything...kinky...right? O.o

You need some connections in an organization and you don’t have to do anything kinky. That sound cool but it’s the truth.
Jul 4, 2007 3:47 PM
Apr 2007
i work at a non chain cinema - easiest job in the world haha!

i do uni as well - well thats my excuse for my lazyness :0)
Jul 4, 2007 7:12 PM

Mar 2007
saif said:
You need some connections in an organization and you don’t have to do anything kinky. That sound cool but it’s the truth.

O_O Why does that sound like you work for the mob? LOL
You've come a long way, baby.
Jul 5, 2007 1:43 AM

Jul 2007
I'm financial manager for a media company, it's not a very exciting job so I fill out my spare time with fun things, such as anime XD
Jul 5, 2007 12:25 PM
May 2007
Damoizgod said:
Do any ofyou get any kick ass perks in your jobs?
I get a company phone which is totaly unmonitored and on contract so I don't ever have to pay for phone bills or anything :D
I also never have to wear a seatbelt while I'm working and I write up my own time sheets. !'m never watched so not even my boss knows what hours I work. I also pick when I have my breaks and how long I have :D. I'm in control of 3 other people too.

Wow your job sounds strangely similiar to mine. I, too, received unmonitored cell and laptop which are fully paid by the company including air time and wireless internet. I work according to my own hours and, like you, I choose when I break and how long I break for just as long as I complete the work load for that day. Easy job and it sure pays well. Oh, I'm a Network Technologist/Field Op Technician.
Jul 5, 2007 12:45 PM

Feb 2007
I'm a computer consultant at my university. But since it's summer and there are less people on campus who need computer support, I basically surf the net for about 7 solid hours a day for semi-craptastic pay. XD
Jul 5, 2007 1:07 PM

May 2007
Title: Ph.D. student.

Description: Grad school biotch. *Sigh*
Jul 7, 2007 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
I am currently a college student and I work 1 1/2 jobs.

I am going to college for Education and I am taking up Japanese to become a Japanese/English teacher.

I work at both Barnes and Noble and Circuit City. I am about to leave Circuit City once Fall semester starts back up.

Going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.
Jul 7, 2007 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
Part-time cegep student (cegep is the quebec equivalent of college).

I have am close to getting my Diploma as a Multimedia Integrator(sorry, can't find a better term for that), all i'm missing for my diploma is a stupid french class, a stupid gym class and a stupid class that has nothing to do with my field of study(9 hours of school a week, i can't believe i have to take those stupid classes to be able to get my diploma...).

Basically, as a multimedia integrator, i can do just about any kind of editing (2D/pictures/design, 3D(animation/modeling), Video, Audio), almost anything related to web (XHTML, CSS, ASP, PHP) and some other random stuff. I specialize in PHP programming and XHTML/CSS.

Right now i am jobless, but sometime next week i should be starting at a helpdesk job for statistics canada. And if all goes well i'll be quitting that crappy helpdesk job and work as a multimedia integrator for the canadian school of public service/
Other than that i am taking web contracts. Right now i'm doing some php enhancement for the website of a artistic agency.
Jul 9, 2007 10:19 AM

Jul 2007
I'm a cook, and also in culinary school right now. I might go into pastry later on.
Jul 10, 2007 10:27 AM

Jan 2005
I drive around in a car, picking up blood samples to be analyzed at the hospital. Nice job, driving all day. :)
Jul 10, 2007 11:32 PM

Jul 2007
There's a fair next month wherein I will be serving cream-filled pastries whilst wearing a cow hat. Fun fun. Don't you wish you lived in 'sconsin?

I'm also a cashier until school starts... pays ok and people are nice. But omg the icee machine caught fire yesterday and we had to evacuate. Some people got mad and practically refused to leave, saying, "But we're not done shopping yet!" Idiots. To conclude, I'll just say it was poorly wired and no one was hurt.

Jul 11, 2007 7:43 AM

Jul 2007
Update:
Now i work for the Statistics canada helpdesk. For now i'm helping for the filling (boring....), and then i'll be doing more boring stuff... It's only a summer job though, and i'm still hoping for that multimedia job, and i don't mind quitting my current job for it.
Jul 12, 2007 6:04 AM

Jan 2007
NonSequitur904 said:
There's a fair next month wherein I will be serving cream-filled pastries whilst wearing a cow hat.

That's awesome. XD
Jul 12, 2007 8:58 AM
Jul 2007
I don't really have a job, but a friend and I do write to a website and its manager sends us money, so... Can I call that "a writer" :P
Soon I'll be a soldier, though. It sounds fun, but it will also be really hard. No time for anime. T_T
Jul 12, 2007 8:38 PM

Jul 2007
I AM THE SENSEI OF THE DIGITAL RELM!!!!!! or at least i will be eventually! but for now just a digital artist with a degree and no found work in my field. But ya kno wat i think would be a rly cool job?? voice acting!!! for anime!!!! woooot! ^.^ that would be the best ever!!!!
Jul 14, 2007 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
I whack people for the Taiwanese Triad for a living and I regularly talk to the Black Lagoon Co. XD J/K.

I'm a translator working for crappy pay in Taiwan. They pay so little in Asia for translation it's not even funny, and I'm stuck here for the time being.
My goal is ikkitousan in anime watching - to watch and finish at least one thousand titles in my life time.
-- 千人斬
http://animediet.net/
Jul 14, 2007 11:31 AM
Jun 2007
I no longer work in the mall i now work @ a Verzion corporate store as a sales rep yay! :)

Trevor (OP)
Jul 21, 2007 9:10 AM

Jul 2007
College student, occasional tutor and worked in a lab for internship. ^.^
Jul 22, 2007 12:40 AM

Jun 2007
a Blockbuster CSR(cashier guy) I have to take shit from a lot of retarded customers, but at least the other employees are coo, boss is an ass though, his name is Rich, but we call him Dick!

But anyways customers are freakin retarded, anybody that has worked with the public or has done some sort of customer service should know what I'm talking about.
Jul 22, 2007 12:42 AM

Jan 2007
Nuge said:
But anyways customers are freakin retarded, anybody that has worked with the public or has done some sort of customer service should know what I'm talking about.

i know exactly what you mean. people can be total shits. anyways, still working at the game store, but this time, i'm a manager know.
Jul 22, 2007 1:15 AM

Feb 2007
congrats faust for getting bumped up ^_^

Right now I work for my dad for 10 $ and hour doing god knows what.. I am um.. in shipping..

basically I stand on my feet, scanpack; sort clothes; pack boxes, organize crap.. print lables..

it is awfuly boring, and it makes my mind turn off.... =(
Jul 22, 2007 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
selective_yellow said:

it is awfuly boring, and it makes my mind turn off.... =(

Nicely put lol
Jul 22, 2007 7:01 PM

Apr 2007
College student mooching off parents for the time being. Once Fall semester starts I have to find a job by my school since it's far from where I live. D:

Jul 22, 2007 8:00 PM

Jul 2007
I worked at two restaurants before. Now, nothing.

Since I'm on vacation I'm not looking for a job, yet. Once I'm back at my new place, I'll go find a job. There's a shopping center and mall near by with GameStop, Best Buy, Barnes and Nobles and Home Depot. Plus some other place. Hurray for turning 18! To a point...

Now finding a job with so many stores should be easy enough... right?
And no way in hell am I working in the food business again.
Jul 23, 2007 9:24 AM

Jul 2007
I am still in school, which are probably going to be the best days of my life even though sometimes I don't feel it but when you leave school and after when you leave school and start working then at that time you start living you life, the real life the one of adulthood then you look back at the times when you were still in school and then you say " I wish I was still in school " and I know this because my whole family says that and I guess that's all. ( I had nothing to do so I wrote that down lol ^.^ )
Aug 2, 2007 9:51 AM

Jul 2007
I got a summer job as a Roofer in my summer of transition between High School and College. S'hard work but pays good; $13/hr, 8hrs a day, 5 days a week. So in direct defiance of the nerd code I spend the majority of my day in direct sunlight.

Sam is my sweet peach
Aug 2, 2007 10:12 AM

Aug 2007
I'm still in college but I've got a weekend job at a shoestore.
Aug 2, 2007 3:13 PM

Jul 2006
NonSequitur904 said:
There's a fair next month wherein I will be serving cream-filled pastries whilst wearing a cow hat. Fun fun. Don't you wish you lived in 'sconsin?

I'm also a cashier until school starts... pays ok and people are nice. But omg the icee machine caught fire yesterday and we had to evacuate. Some people got mad and practically refused to leave, saying, "But we're not done shopping yet!" Idiots. To conclude, I'll just say it was poorly wired and no one was hurt.

Haha, it just sounds so funny. The ice machine caught fire............

anyhoo, I just got back from half a summer working as a "Counselor-in-training" at my old summer camp. Basically, I did bitch-work and had to pay to do it <.< So I left early. Now I'm working in an Industrial Psychology office, grading tests and filing stuff. I'm basically a glorified intern, but since my Grandpa owns the business, I get paid well (anything over minimum wage is a dream come true. I'm 16 and earning $11 an hour, woohoo!). Perks would be, it's really easy to get days off, and I got to go shopping for "work clothes" (office dress <.< I REALLY wish I could just wear jeans and a t-shirt).
But yea, I just keep babbling. When school starts up again (I'm still in high school) I'll probably get a job at the local grocery store or something <.<
Aug 4, 2007 8:18 PM

Jul 2007
I'm an IT executive at a fortune 30 corporation....sounds so boring, doesn't it?

Aug 5, 2007 3:45 AM

Aug 2007
In high school so i only have (should i say had) a part time job at a local "Indoor Playground and Cafe Place".

I hope to get a job at Target (the Wal-Mart in Australia) where i had two weeks work experience a while ago (with fellow MAL members An_Asian, easymac, MILLENIUM and bennai).
Oct 4, 2007 5:47 PM

Mar 2005
ugh, this is way too late, please post here

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=306
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.