Forum Settings
Forums

Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Licenses Aria

New
May 1, 2008 2:24 PM

Apr 2007
Nozomi Entertainment announced that they have licensed Aria the Animation. This announcement came at 2:00 PM CST after a week of hints and guessing on their official website and forums.

The first season is scheduled to be released on September 30th as a DVD collection for $49.99. Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~, and Aria the Origination will be released sometime after.

Source: Anime Today Twitter Feed, Aria.Rightstuf.com

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 1, 2008 2:27 PM

Dec 2006
Punyu~ (Great news !)
I wish Tokyopop would release the manga faster...
and for Origination ep 10 to be subbed.

May 1, 2008 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
loli_slayer said:

It was, but it doesn't matter anymore because IT'S ACTUALLY LICENSED!!! ALL OF IT!!!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
May 1, 2008 2:35 PM

Mar 2007
YES.
May 1, 2008 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
Splitter said:
loli_slayer said:

It was, but it doesn't matter anymore because IT'S ACTUALLY LICENSED!!! ALL OF IT!!!

I'll be buying these but I still want subs, as I don't want to wait several months to finish the last few episodes. >_<;
May 1, 2008 2:45 PM

Jan 2007
kasumisama said:
Splitter said:
loli_slayer said:

I'll be buying these but I still want subs, as I don't want to wait several months to finish the last few episodes. >_<;

lol true enough.

anyways, i am very happy about this news. now my top 5 have all been licensed.
May 1, 2008 2:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ho Shit, time to start watching it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 1, 2008 3:00 PM

Apr 2007
All is well as long as crystalnova doesn't drop origination...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2008 3:46 PM
Oct 2007
Compared to the wait for subs, September will come around in no time. And I will jump with joy when it does.
May 1, 2008 3:46 PM

Sep 2007
Must buy all three season! Now if someone can licenses Sketchbook and I'll be in heaven.
May 1, 2008 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm, I haven't seen any of this one yet, maybe I'll do like 5 Centimeters per Second and watch a little bit of it and then buy it if I like it. Except I still haven't gotten 5 Centimeters per Second...I shall add it to my to-do list.

#NBHNC
May 1, 2008 4:42 PM

Jul 2007
Seems like Nozomi made another good choice! I really like their trend of licensing fan-favorite series, although while I'm in no hurry to buy Aria at the moment.

oh, these little earthquakes
May 1, 2008 4:45 PM
Sep 2007
Neverender said:
All is well as long as crystalnova doesn't drop origination...

yeah... Hikari no Kiseki already did.
May 1, 2008 4:46 PM

Jun 2007
FINALLY
May 1, 2008 7:00 PM

Feb 2007
Does this mean no dub? D: Of all their shows...
May 1, 2008 10:14 PM

Dec 2007
Great news. I will buying it for sure. :D
May 1, 2008 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
Asrialys said:

Just goes to show there is some degree of justice in the world. A dub would absolutely butcher the very nature of this show. There's no way American voices could portray the serene setting, or the quirks of the great characters.
May 1, 2008 10:42 PM

May 2007
Asako said:
Asrialys said:

Just goes to show there is some degree of justice in the world. A dub would absolutely butcher the very nature of this show. There's no way American voices could portray the serene setting, or the quirks of the great characters.

Just a little biased but I will let it go

So I saw episode one and it was good, I may grab the show, but hope it has special features and the lack of dub is disappointing.
My anime list
May 1, 2008 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
mitamaking said:

Just a little biased but I will let it go

I'm not actually against dubs, but I think they're only appropriate in some situations, certainly not ones like this. It's a simple fact, there is absolutely no way an American cast can remotely fit this show.
May 2, 2008 12:23 AM

Feb 2008
Asako said:
I'm not actually against dubs, but I think they're only appropriate in some situations, certainly not ones like this. It's a simple fact, there is absolutely no way an American cast can remotely fit this show.

they could, but i don't think any of the actors talented enough to do it would be interested in dubbing anime.

kasumisama said:

same here, i hope CN doesn't drop it too, and that they pick up the pace. they haven't had a release in like two months and they're only on the 4th episode :(
anyone know if Hitode fansubs are any good? and if they plan to drop it? they seem to be further along than CN tho not quite as far as HnK was.

btw, i highly reccomend this series to anyone reading this that hasn't already seen it, its a wonderful slice of life anime.
May 2, 2008 3:13 AM

Jul 2007
Haha I just started Aria a couple days ago and had just finished watching episode 3 when I saw this post, so I went to check the lolipower site to see if the series was still available but its already been removed, I'm going to have to find another place to download the rest of it D:
May 2, 2008 5:34 AM

Sep 2007
I keep forgetting about this company. lol

I always wanted to watch this series. Glad that somebody's licensing older shows.
May 2, 2008 1:42 PM

Apr 2007
Great news! I've been waiting for Aria to be licensed ever since the first anime season aired! I can't wait to own it on DVD! ^^

As for fansubs of "Aria The Origination", I just watched the entire season raw, granted it wasn't easy to follow at times, but I couldn't wait for subs.
May 2, 2008 4:43 PM

Aug 2007
Very cool. I still have to catch up. >_<
May 2, 2008 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
:3 Embarassing Remarks aren't allowed. But I'm glad Aria has finally been licensed, took some time but it was very much worth it. Puinyu. ^^
May 4, 2008 1:51 AM

Jan 2008
I hope CN hasn't dropped it also...just wondering what is going to be faster. CN finnishing Origination or Origination being released here in Australia (If that ever happens). Don't want to order online if you're going to tell me to.
May 4, 2008 10:57 PM
Oct 2007
JTO said:
I keep forgetting about this company. lol

I always wanted to watch this series. Glad that somebody's licensing older shows.

...what? 3 years old doesn't qualify an anime as being considered an "older show".

This is good to hear. Nozomi has made a big splash first with their acquisition of MariMite, and now Aria. I can't wait until I can buy this, and it gives me more hope for some other shows that I've said have no shot here. Maybe now I can let myself hope I'll someday see Manabi Straight come out here :)
May 5, 2008 12:50 AM

Dec 2007
I was able to see the first season of ARIA on fansubs over a year ago and I was wondering if it was ever going to get liscensed in the US, and I'm glad to read that it has. ^_^

The thought sorta came to me recently about what they might have done w/the ARIA DVD's if were to have included a English dub.

If they did have the English dub to go along with the original Japanese audio, you think they would include the Italian dub as well?. ^_~
May 5, 2008 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
Hmm if s1 is being released as a collection I might go and buy it since I don't have to wait X months for the next volume, etc. and I can save money.

May 5, 2008 6:18 AM

Sep 2007
Sailor_Sexy said:

...what? 3 years old doesn't qualify an anime as being considered an "older show".

Well, it isn't new but it's a long wait from licensing. I keep thinking companies forget a few shows that aired after two or so years, hence "older" series.
May 5, 2008 7:36 AM

Oct 2007
I was hoping for a dub too...Curses. That would've been good.

Oh well. Guess it's time to finally check it out.
You can find me on IRC.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
51 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
53 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.