Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2010 9:29 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
why did the balloon say that the Wong family was 2000 years strong when the grandfather already said it was 7000 years old?

that goal sign in her back yard was a bit tasteless.

I find it unlikely that her mother wouldn't revert to her personality at the time of her death if she got her memories back. I also find it hard to believe that her relationship with Miracle would still be good after he left her by herself for nearly 2 decades to raise their child and die alone.

in the end I think Orson Scott Card did this story better and that this series would have been better if they'd simply stuck to comedy or started out with drama. not that I think these writers have what it takes to write good drama.
Aug 17, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
I have a bit of mixed feelings after finishing it. I loved almost everything prior to the alien arc, but those last few episodes were... strange to say the least. They make little to no sense compared to the rest of the series. It would be great series if it ended when Akari bacame Cosmo Beauty.
Sep 19, 2016 3:14 PM
Jan 2010
mozgow said:
I have a bit of mixed feelings after finishing it. I loved almost everything prior to the alien arc, but those last few episodes were... strange to say the least. They make little to no sense compared to the rest of the series. It would be great series if it ended when Akari bacame Cosmo Beauty.

Honestly I feel almost the complete opposite, up until the invasion arc the series felt schizophrenic at best, it couldnt decide what it wanted to be, was it a love story? was it sports drama? was it a comedy? And it largely failed being anything other than "Ok" at any of them. The invasion arc was gloriously mental and was the first time the various aspects of the show really worked for me.

Not sure whats tasteless about the goal sign, seems silly more than tasteless as for the returned memories. Its unclear whether she got here memories back from the time of her death or simply from when she was 17 years old (i.e. when she was involved with Miracle). Even if it is the former she was explicitly complicit in Miracle's "heroic sacrifice". Not that the show really takes itself seriously enough to be worth the analysis but its also safe to suggest that coming back from the dead is probably going to have some profound personality altering effects.
Sep 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
@Uthred
People have different tastes and we enjoyed it for different reasons :-)
As long as we do not insult each other, it's fine :-)
Aug 14, 2018 7:41 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun last episode I must say, quite the happy ending and well didn't expect that Akari's cloned mother would be living with them now. But well that sure was fun!

Quite loved the general flow of this anime with the continuous buildup so for a sports anime it was not that bad!
Jan 6, 2021 4:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was to expect but yeah Akari did it, and her mother is back at home lol it was also nice to see Itchan and Kris at the end waiting for Akari.
Overall it was pretty fine I think, at least I can respect it for its originality, now I'm looking forward to seeing that kind of reboot.
Mar 22, 2021 12:37 AM

Aug 2019
I legit almost thought the whole thing was a dream when Akari woke up at the end, thankfully it wasn’t

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battle Athletes Victory Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 17, 2010

7 by tacticalfiend »»
Aug 12, 2021 4:56 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletes Victory Episode 10 Discussion

walla - Aug 29, 2013

5 by dragynfaerie »»
Apr 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletes Victory Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 17, 2010

5 by dragynfaerie »»
Apr 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Poll: » Battle Athletes Victory Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 18, 2010

8 by snowykevin »»
Mar 21, 2021 4:39 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletes Victory Episode 22 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 18, 2010

5 by snowykevin »»
Mar 17, 2021 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.