Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 24, 2010 12:45 PM

Feb 2010
i enjoyed this series way more than i thought i would 2 months ago. if only this was a 24 episode series it would've been so much better
Jun 24, 2010 2:51 PM

Sep 2009
The whole anime was way too rushed. It could've been a good 26-episode anime, but having only 13 episodes was not enough.

Despite the rushing, which basically destroys any anime, I'll give it a decent 5/10, because...

I watched the uncensored version *hurr hurr*
“They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What’s blood for, if not for shedding? With my hook for a hand, I’ll split you from your groin to your gullet.” - Candyman
Jun 24, 2010 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
Another example of a series that started out nice,but failed in the last episodes...I guess 7/10 is ok...
Jun 24, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
I'm guessing this was an anime original ending? Nothing made any sense, there was no exposition, stuff just happened without any explanations and then everybody lived happily ever after, even the former/current/always Demon Lord. And all of the girls were close to naked at all times.

I wasn't very impressed but I wasn't very disappointed either, since I didn't expect anything from the director of Shana. I considered 6/10 but decided upon 7/10 after all due to superior animation and quite a fun ride in the beginning. Please learn how to make a coherent show, Mr. Director.
Jun 24, 2010 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
SamTheNayru said:
Sense. It does not make. This anime.

I couldn't agree more. I'm staring at my computer screen in complete confusion.

I liked Hiroshi at one point; but after he became Brave; he's been annoying.

Keena! <3

Holy shit! That one girl who's name I can't remember said something other than Guga! O.O
Jun 24, 2010 7:20 PM

Dec 2009
The anime became so random near the end. Kinda liked it when it was a Japanese Harry Potter Harem.
Jun 24, 2010 7:40 PM

Oct 2009
Very Rushed Ending... 6/10
Jun 24, 2010 9:49 PM
Jun 2008
ange10 said:
10/10

that anime was epic, made me laugh so much.

i think it was not meant to be taken seriously "the storyline" like a demon king and it had a nice wrap on it with god being a system.

good comedy action anime.

I thought I am the only one who like this Anime....
I am impressed that one sentence explain everything from episode 1 to 12 which make this series worth for a re-watch.
""I want to fulfill what the two who fell in love with me wish for" Keena
Jun 24, 2010 10:13 PM
Jul 2008
PETERHAUSEN.
Thou shall never be forgotten.
Jun 24, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2009
memorieswithin said:
SamTheNayru said:
Sense. It does not make. This anime.

I couldn't agree more. I'm staring at my computer screen in complete confusion.

I liked Hiroshi at one point; but after he became Brave; he's been annoying.

Keena! <3

Holy shit! That one girl who's name I can't remember said something other than Guga! O.O

I would like to second that xD
Completely confuzzled O.o

Oh goodness, where to begin? I'm going to start rambling from this point on.

Really enjoyed the beginning of the anime, thought it had amazing potential. BUT...
It really did feel rushed at the end. >_<
I became extremely confused around the time Brave got introduced and onwards.
The storyline felt like it was interwoven into so many different things. O.o
I feel there are A LOT of loose ends that are unexplained. =$
In overall, I was quite baffled and was constantly trying to connect everything together.

I'm definitely going to rewatch the second half of the anime and try to understand it all.
Still relatively enjoyable though, I really wish they didn't throw so many different things at the very end.
Well I finally got that off my chest. xD 6/10
Jun 25, 2010 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
I am so sorry to have gone through this crap shit. next time i will try to avoid anime of this genre. 4/10, but only for junko.

wow, i seriously feel bad for myself for watching this. /me deletes the files from his HDD.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 25, 2010 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
SenseiBanzai said:
The story of this anime had lot of potential but man they went and made it 12 episodes with a kind random ending :S
Kinda reminded me of Code Geass
I fail to see how that's possible...
Jun 26, 2010 2:29 AM
Mar 2010
For a series that's clearly aiming for some manner of coherent plot, this was remarkably hard to follow. Stuff just...happens. Some of the worst story pacing I've actually ever seen. It's quite a shame, as this setting and these characters have a lot of potential. And as has been duly noted, Peterhausen was indeed a badass dragon. (What a fantastic name too!) He pushes this series to a 6/10 for me. Without him, it'd be a 5 at best. I don't regret watching it, but I'm not exactly pleased either. Oh well...here's hoping the manga proves more satisfying.
Jun 27, 2010 6:51 AM

Jun 2010
The ending was insanely gay
could have been much more
Jun 28, 2010 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
shanimebib said:
I am so sorry to have gone through this crap shit. next time i will try to avoid anime of this genre. 4/10, but only for junko.

wow, i seriously feel bad for myself for watching this. /me deletes the files from his HDD.

This.
yep, I'm only finish this only for Junko

3/10

Doujin FUKKEN Where ?????
Jun 29, 2010 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
ClementIV said:

I'm disappointed. But I guess that this is what you would expect from a 12 episode anime. They rushed everything.

Yeah am also kind of disappointed with how they rushed everything but i guess that what you get when you have too little episodes.

Anyway amusing series that could have been a lot better if it wasn't so rushed.
I barely understood anything from this episode. They threw so much things out of nowhere that made it hard.
BTW the blond guy was right. He does get all the women.

Nosebleed moment.

Is that you Ulquiorra?
Jun 30, 2010 10:55 AM

Sep 2009
this wasnt a bad ending it could have been worse they wasted alot of time with the brave scene
Jul 2, 2010 8:21 AM

Oct 2009
I. Hate. Brave. He is so queer.

Even if the endng was rushed, it wasn't too bad.
The last min does suck though.
Jul 2, 2010 4:26 PM

Nov 2009
I liked the show, but as people mentioned, it did feel a bit rushed. I would like a bit more to be explained, but overall, I was happy with the ending and the show.
Jul 2, 2010 9:21 PM

Jun 2009
It started off very entertaining and funny, then the humor level dropped a bit... particularly after episode 6.

I can't say this is a good show, but it is a show that entertained me a bit ^_^

6/10 seem right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2010 1:20 AM
Sep 2009
shanimebib said:

this
Jul 3, 2010 3:46 AM

Jan 2009
What happened to this show lol? It was my favorite show during the first half of the season... then it decided to gain a plot!! It felt like I missed something every time I began a new episode like I missed an episode or 2 in between. It seemed like everyone began to enjoy the series more when the plot started to speed up... but then again the ratings went from 7.99 to 7.59 so many people who post on the forum have a tendency to like these types of developments iono. I liked it more when the show was more comedy based because it was more funny and cute... complimented by the most awesome ending song. Well... w/e... it's my 100th anime series watched btw guys!
JohnyBeGoodJul 3, 2010 3:50 AM
Jul 4, 2010 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode, not really feeling the reboot ending though. This was a lot of action and fluff, but that's generally what I want so I can't complain about it now. In the end, this show was just plain entertaining.

Jul 4, 2010 8:10 AM

Jun 2010
checkdafool said:
if only this was a 24 episode series it would've been so much better

+1, the same feels

But I like this anime, also now I got another favorite character - Lily Shiraishy.
*___*
Jul 6, 2010 7:38 PM

Mar 2009
I agree that the progress of the show was constantly a bit jumpy.

Jul 9, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2010
I felt like the plot got a bit convoluted; not to mention the strange pacing. Overall a pretty enjoyable show though for only twelve episodes.
Jul 10, 2010 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
I just finished the show like 1 minute ago but can anyone explain to me what the last few episodes were all about? If you can ?

what was with the red haired girl and her blond alter, how did she fit into the picture ? and what was with the end?
So the people's memories got altered and it made them believe that aktou helped defeat the demon king, they go to the second year and do the exam again and he is demon king again? And did Junko lose her memory or not?
TheUniqueReaperJul 10, 2010 6:23 PM
Jul 12, 2010 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
Everything was so G** and lame, including the Hero's personality

Good thing the happy ending was okay especially Keina flying w/o her pantsu while Demon King got WOAH

No 2nd season this is enough for me 5/10..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 15, 2010 8:33 PM

May 2010
1st half was a 9/10
2nd half was a 7/10

Gave it an 8 to average it out.

I hate Brave. The fact that for a whole ep he was stronger than the demon lord was just so wrong. Keena was pretty annoying, but would have been fine if she had taken a smaller part (the rice was amusing). Keena needed to stay cute, but let Junko take over.

Peterhausen was so cool, RIP.

Junko is my fav for sure. Will stick around for another season if we get more of her. I'm always a sucker for blue hair if it's accompanied by a cute girl. And the sword of love was epic. Why did he turn her down?
Jul 16, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2010
loved this series although i'll definitly admit it was rushed which makes it lose some of its greatness
i hated the memory thing kinda made the whole think seem pointless to me however i love how they annouced that he was the demon lord at the end lol
hoping for a next season and if there is i bet peterhausen is reborn/hatches from that tooth just a prediction
great anime could of been alot better hoping for a 2nd season

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jul 20, 2010 7:42 AM

Apr 2010
ehh.. umm...?

This anime was a liittle weird, kind of, at least---I still don't know what I think about it. The first few eps were great, but when the last fight started it got way too rushed and I didn't understand a thing of what was happening. They really should have made more eps so that they could explain thnigs better.

But except from that it was a funny anime with some great parts where I could laugh till I got all hoarse, and some action-filled parts with exciting fights that got me real pumped up. Ending was kinda fun and I'm expecting a second season.
Jul 20, 2010 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
reaper_unique said:
I just finished the show like 1 minute ago but can anyone explain to me what the last few episodes were all about? If you can ?

what was with the red haired girl and her blond alter, how did she fit into the picture ? and what was with the end?
So the people's memories got altered and it made them believe that aktou helped defeat the demon king, they go to the second year and do the exam again and he is demon king again? And did Junko lose her memory or not?

Okay I don't think I really get it either, but I'll try to explain:

1. I think that Keena(as the law of identity) have had several lives and in each life she has different hair color. So the blond-haired girl is the elder version of Keena who got taken by the previous demon lord. Bouichirou knew her then and didn't want her to be taken that time so he's kinda mad for that(he is also a time-traveler, btw)

Side-note: The law of identity has some special powers that allows the person who enters a contract with her to rule the Gods. She can also do several other cool stuff(like altering peoples memories). When she is in this world she is kind of a soul that is attached to her present being and can take control over the body when needed, but otherwise all her bodies has different personalities. The law of identity's main hair color is pink(I think)

2. Yeah, peoples memory got altered and they all think that Akuto helped defeat the demon lord. Except for the people on the pic underneath. Though when they start their second year Akuto becomes the demon lord once more and it starts all over again.

I hope this helped you understand the series(at least a little bit more) ;D

SniainJul 20, 2010 8:12 AM
Jul 21, 2010 6:08 PM

Mar 2008
I first rated it an 8 ... then a 7 ... ended up giving it a 5 ... only thing saving this show is the fanservice and the nicely animated cute girls -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2010 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
Nice, he may be a Demon Lord again XD
Then theres the tooth of Peterhausen..
Aug 7, 2010 11:32 PM

Jun 2009
reaper_unique said:

Ok so incase if you still wanna know here's pretty much what happened at the end.

the blonde dude that kidnaps the red head-sorry if i'm not using names, i forgot em- is invoking his plan to control the gods again. but he did so 100 years ago with the previous maou and he failed and lost that blonde girl that almost looks like the red head. so i don't know how but he somehow managed to manipulate the CIM08 and creates the perfect plan to defeat the maou and try again to control the gods for his own selfish desires. so he defeats the assassins but fails to get the red head as she is saved by Sai before heading off to battle with the enemy at hand-the ninjas- So the blonde dude manages to get the red head back and heads back to CIM08 hq and tries again to control the gods but is stopped by Sai and Peterhausen. Since the two people that the blonde guy cut in half are guardians for the gods they activate a defense protocol which is to apparently launch some giant tree into the sky. Pete and Sai then charge the floating tree and manage to get inside. they fly through the barrage of arrows and eventually end up at some sort of control area. there Pete works fast to control or erase the gods while Sai fends off the attacking guardians. after pete finishes his task, The red head appears and startles pete a bit.the guardians then create something like a wormhole and and try to suck pete the red head and Sai in. Pete suggests that Sai unleash his power while he manages his mana consumption. the red head cries a bit and pete gives her one of his teeth before she hugs Sai. She is then -i dunno how- brought before he "enternal" self who wishes to rewrite alittle bit of the human history. so she does and then a big explosion. so then junko miwa and yuuko go down to check up on Sai. since the president sai junko fujiko the red head and miwa can only recall the events before the big boom, it seems that the "eternal" self of the red head's plan worked, for the moment and then flashback to episode 1 and possibly a new season? idk that's my understanding of wtf happened in the last episodes. lol
Aug 21, 2010 4:34 AM

Sep 2008
Nooooo Peterhausen nooooooo!!!

I love how the show was paced so badly that it was almost impossible to make sense of whats happening.

Though I would have preferred the plot to have taken a completely different direction. Like the one it was taking at the first 2 episodes or so.

Got some good laughs.

8/10
Sep 9, 2010 12:26 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty weak plot but w/e, entertaining etc.
Sep 22, 2010 9:13 PM

Sep 2009
good laughs throughout this whole series good fights and an ok story i guess
it made me laugh how at the end he was still a demon lord xD

Oct 24, 2010 4:44 PM

Mar 2009
I liked the series, except for the last few episodes.
Nov 3, 2010 1:54 AM

May 2008
Really expected it to be rushed so i extracted the "rushed" category.....and it became 9/10 (more like 8.5, just rounded it)

I don't know why almost everyone is sad because Peterhausen died....a familliar (or dog, whatever) died for a master..is cool for me..Noblesse Oblige XD

I really like how their script in the fight against bouichirou...it was not trying to be an epic but it became one (for me of course)

Nov 5, 2010 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
thx Sniain and TSX for the explenation :)
Jan 3, 2011 6:58 PM
Jan 2009
the pacing kinda changed and the ending felt rushed but this was entertaining.
Jan 22, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2008
Noooooooooooo P-chan!!!
I think it is apparent that it doesn't follow the usual harem anime because it had a plot that spanned for quite a bit. With that, most female characters were not allowed the time they deserved on screen.

I'm glad that Hiroshi is losing his love interest though.
Go Demon King!
Jan 22, 2011 9:47 PM

Nov 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Noooooooooooo P-chan!!!
I think it is apparent that it doesn't follow the usual harem anime because it had a plot that spanned for quite a bit. With that, most female characters were not allowed the time they deserved on screen.

I'm glad that Hiroshi is losing his love interest though.
Go Demon King!
o.O you seriously just RIPPED through this anime....that was really fast...
Jan 31, 2011 7:41 PM

Oct 2009
That wasn't so bad, but it would be great if they make another season.
Akuto Sai was awesome.
Feb 7, 2011 1:55 AM
Aug 2010
Show was really fun even though the ending was rushed. Here's hoping for a second season.
Feb 27, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
7/10
Too rushed, had potential to be much better but it was still quite enjoyable.
Mar 16, 2011 11:41 PM

Oct 2010
ohh Peterhausen why!!!!!!!
This wasn't awesome, but it kept me entertain even the plot line was all over the place
7/10... maybe with a second season might turn into an 8
Fun stuff
huh?
Mar 24, 2011 5:49 PM
Mar 2011
I went through the pages and saw that there were mostly opinions about entertainment quality rather than opinions about plot quality and regarding the plot. I'll post comment on both subjects but I am more interested in the plot. I am going to write about all that I think on the show and sort it into categories through spoiler tags.

This following category will be on what I think of the show in terms of why it was short and rushed:

This next category will be about what I think about the ending and the overall functionality of the world the show is based on since the ending and the functionality are one and the same in my view:

And that is what I think of this show! I liked it alot since it made me think alot. True a show like this is usually for entertainment only but I liked it and had a good time with it. Props if you read the whole thing. Props to all that are with me on thinking the show was great but had potential for more if they had made it for older audiences like a little more than R+ but not quite hentai.
Apr 23, 2011 1:00 PM
Jan 2009
I'd give it an 8/10.

The only thing I didn't really like is that it's another harem anime that just ends and dodges the question of who he ends up with.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BladedWarrior - Apr 30, 2010

128 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.