Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2014 7:30 AM
Nov 2013
I think that never happened before, I'm unique.
Feb 22, 2014 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
Asuka Langley Soryu from Eva.
Poor girl hasn't been loved or wanted her entire life, so she uses hostility to hide her insecurities. You can't help but feel terrible for her :(
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Feb 22, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
Male? Takasu Ryuuji. No question.

We were both misunderstood in high school. People were afraid to approach me because I looked intimidating, I guess? The people who knew me knew better. Otherwise, it wasn't so bad.

I can also cook and clean like a boss.

Female? Due to similar interests in food, money and moral values, I'd say Lina Inverse. I also, despite my arrogance and sarcastic demeanor, really do try to keep others best interests in mind.

But I don't blow people up on a whim.
Feb 22, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 2012
Male- Hao asakura, Keima katsuragi
Female, Hitagi Senjougahara, Holo
Feb 22, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
Tomoko from Watamote!
Besides all of her extreme attempts at fitting in or just being noticed, my school life was pretty much the same as hers
Feb 22, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
Shinobu Sensui. While I don't have multiple personalities, I'm still very multidimensional. Moreover, like Sensui, I also find myself often disgusted with humankind as a whole.
Salmon is delicious.
Feb 22, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote. My high school life was a lot like hers.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Feb 22, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Mizutani Shizuku because of her attitudes toward working (especially studying) and socializing. Although a little less extreme

It's funny you say that because personality wise I'm actually like Haru Yoshida. I was even going to state this when I saw the topic. Outwardly I look menacing, but in reality I'm a laid back type of guy who at times get hotheaded. I even dated someone like Shizuka once. This is probably why I loved the series so much.

I'd say with my view point of the world It'd be more accurate to say I'm like hikigaya hachiman, but with haru's easy going demeanor.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 22, 2014 12:27 PM
Feb 2014
Hmmm... maybe Luffy , because he is always happy , but when you hurt his friends he will bet you to death :D Or Misaki from Kaichou wa maid-sama , because even if she doesn't say , she wants someone to save her from the secret :3 Or Izaya from Durarara , because I like to play with people's mind . On the other side , I think I relate with Inuyasha when he comes in today world :)) Or them all in one person :3
Feb 22, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2011
I suppose I'm a lot like Kyon in terms of mentality/views on the world (cynical but not entirely bleak like Hachiman, though I have had moments like that as well) mixed with Gintoki's lazy demeanor.

Feb 22, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
Forgetfulness said:
7thVoid said:
Forgetfulness said:
Mizutani Shizuku because of her attitudes toward working (especially studying) and socializing. Although a little less extreme

It's funny you say that because personality wise I'm actually like Haru Yoshida. I was even going to state this when I saw the topic. Outwardly I look menacing, but in reality I'm a laid back type of guy who at times get hotheaded. I even dated someone like Shizuka once. This is probably why I loved the series so much.

I'd say with my view point of the world It'd be more accurate to say I'm like hikigaya hachiman, but with haru's easy going demeanor.
We would make a great couple <3

I kid

I could tell you were joking. I would've just jokingly said something stupid in response anyway. I know from experience not to take people on the web seriously. For many reasons.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 22, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
DaxterAttano said:
Tomoko from Watamote!
Besides all of her extreme attempts at fitting in or just being noticed, my school life was pretty much the same as hers

I feel you , bro . I feel you.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Feb 22, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Winry Rockbell because she cries a lot but she isn't a whiny, bitchy tsundere and she isn't some shy little girl who's sad all the time.
y'all need to shut the fuck up.
Feb 22, 2014 4:08 PM

Oct 2009
Ito Kaiji
Feb 22, 2014 4:10 PM

Feb 2014
Sasugay, always and forever. Even more so than his brother.
I think you'd look lovely with your wrists slit.
Feb 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2008
Rei from Free! because I suck at swimming.
Feb 22, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2013
This is an interesting topic, and I hope more people will post some explanations along with the names.

For me, there are a few possibilities, and these two are the best I can think of at the moment.

The first is the protagonist, Nozomu, from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. He is a pessimist who is always in despair, and he is an insightful social critic. I'm not as pessimistic as he is, and I'm certainly not suicidal, but I can relate to him. Many aspects of society frequently leave me in despair, and I like to complain about them. Nozomu speaks to the cynic in me.

Yumi from Maria-sama ga Miteru is a character to whom I became very strongly attached. She starts out like many do when entering a new situation - in this case, high school - wide-eyed and innocent, lacking in confidence, but eager for new experiences. Throughout the series, she grows stronger and more confident. In a way, she represents an ideal of what I think I should be, but I am far too cynical to follow her path. However, in watching her, I feel like a proud mother watching her daughter grow up. I've never wanted children, and it takes a lot to awaken the dormant maternal instinct in me, but Yumi somehow accomplishes this feat.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Feb 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
HOUOUIN KYOUMA! BECAUSE I AM MAD SCIENTIST TOO! IT'S SO COOL! SONUVABITCH!
Feb 22, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2012
UnderTheBridge said:
Winry Rockbell because she cries a lot but she isn't a whiny, bitchy tsundere and she isn't some shy little girl who's sad all the time.
Winry's awesome ^_^ I'm nothing like her, but I admire her, as a multidimensional yet realistic character.

WeirdHeather said:
The first is the protagonist, Nozomu, from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. He is a pessimist who is always in despair, and he is an insightful social critic. I'm not as pessimistic as he is, and I'm certainly not suicidal, but I can relate to him. Many aspects of society frequently leave me in despair, and I like to complain about them. Nozomu speaks to the cynic in me.
I recently watched this anime, and I have to say I found him hilariously relatable, but less dramatic and more apathetic. It appears I have a tendency to associate myself with the odd and pessimistic...
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 22, 2014 10:04 PM
Jul 2013
WeirdHeather said:
This is an interesting topic, and I hope more people will post some explanations along with the names.

For me, there are a few possibilities, and these two are the best I can think of at the moment.

Yumi from Maria-sama ga Miteru is a character to whom I became very strongly attached. She starts out like many do when entering a new situation - in this case, high school - wide-eyed and innocent, lacking in confidence, but eager for new experiences. Throughout the series, she grows stronger and more confident. In a way, she represents an ideal of what I think I should be, but I am far too cynical to follow her path. However, in watching her, I feel like a proud mother watching her daughter grow up. I've never wanted children, and it takes a lot to awaken the dormant maternal instinct in me, but Yumi somehow accomplishes this feat.

lel you disgust me gtfo scrub h4x
Feb 22, 2014 10:05 PM
Jul 2013
def like guts from berserk cause im angry 24/7 trying to fuck up demons and i roll up joints with my niqqas and kill everyone i see cause of i have anger problems.
#420kushswag
Feb 22, 2014 10:47 PM

Sep 2013
fullmetalbender said:
UnderTheBridge said:
Winry's awesome ^_^ I'm nothing like her, but I admire her, as a multidimensional yet realistic character.

I'm so sick of people calling her a whiny bitch.
fullmetalfanA said:
Why is she crying when her parents have been dead for years? She only knew them until she was five, like, bitch get over it! Ed and Al hardly shed a tear when their mom died!

^If you believe this, you're sick.
Feb 23, 2014 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
I'm pretty much an introverted version of Konata.

Feb 23, 2014 12:20 AM

Apr 2011
Tacchan....before he started playing baseball.
Feb 23, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
Sugou Nobuyuki
He's a #YOLO #SWAG #PIMP that gives 0 fucks for nobody and is cool guy at everything.
Just like me.
Feb 23, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
UnderTheBridge said:
fullmetalbender said:
UnderTheBridge said:

fullmetalfanA said:
Why is she crying when her parents have been dead for years? She only knew them until she was five, like, bitch get over it! Ed and Al hardly shed a tear when their mom died!

I...wow. I'm just at a loss, mostly because of this person's terrible choice of username which brings shame to me as a FMA fan. I was actually genuinely surprised to hear (from your comment) that people see her that way, then I remembered this is MAL forum.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 23, 2014 2:29 AM

Feb 2013
the butterfly guy from sao.....i mean who does'nt wanna bang a 15 year old and use some weird vaguely explained contraption to mind control the world
Feb 23, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
Yuno Gasai....... Ryner Lute because I am always sleepy and unmotivated but when shit hits the fan I am crazy
Decim
'Life really is a mysterious thing. Each and every life spins its own, totally separate tale, yet they become intricately entwined in each other. And no one knows how they will end up'

Kazuki Kazami
'If someone lives, they will surely die. That is the absolute rule of this world'
Feb 23, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
inferno cop
Feb 23, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2014
Reposting from a different thread, but it's all so true! ^^

Mami Tomoe - surprise! But seriously, it freaks me out. Like someone took fantastic notes while stalking me, then turned me into an anime character. I *love* teaching, nurturing, and protecting, am tired of my current line of work, really hate being lonely, am easily distracted by emotions (especially making a new friend), am exceptionally prone to "survivor's guilt", and love tea more than most people should.

In my favorite scene of hers, she saved a woman from jumping off of a building, then so gently calmed her down after. In the "Other Story" manga, she is so kind when she

I want to be that kind and caring! ^^
*^^* Click to hug Mami! -->

Snarky memes & witty GIFs for All!
Stolen from PDot19, with credit to Ntad

Feb 23, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty much all the characters in Aria. I like helping others and see myself as genuinely nice. I also don't like getting into conflicts or arguments.
Feb 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
near in death note, because i understand life is just a game.
Feb 23, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
Definitely Rena Ryuuguu. My personality changes are so much like hers o.o

When I'm with my friends, I act all happy and hyper. When I'm at school or something, I act kind of how Rena was with Rina Mamiya in the beginning. And i can get extremely pissed like Rena. Also I love cute things XD
Feb 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Mellorox9 said:
Definitely Rena Ryuuguu. My personality changes are so much like hers o.o

When I'm with my friends, I act all happy and hyper. When I'm at school or something, I act kind of how Rena was with Rina Mamiya in the beginning. And i can get extremely pissed like Rena. Also I love cute things XD

From what you posted you sound more like Nagase Iori from Kokoro Connect.
You dont have different personalities , you just act as others expect you to.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Feb 23, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Seki from tonari no seki-kun. That was literally me in middle and high school. I have super adhd so all i did was play with anything i brought to school and had a stupid story's behind it.
Feb 23, 2014 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
FluffyFlesh said:

From what you posted you sound more like Nagase Iori from Kokoro Connect.
You dont have different personalities , you just act as others expect you to.

oh god :P i have to watch that one. I don't know, i still feel so much like Rena. Most people in my school think I don't get angry, so they don't really expect me to snap
Feb 23, 2014 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
Yuki Sohma (the manga version of him) from Fruits Basket: There were so many incidents where Yuki was tortured by the verbal abuse he was surrounded by. He turned out to be this lonely individual who was seeking a place where he belonged. His loneliness was something I understood because his own thought process was his Achilles Heel. He was so caught up in what others would think, that he couldn't fully understand and accept himself. I was so surprised that a manga-ka could create a character that had the same emotions I had.

Also, Nagase Iori from Kokoro Connect: Though she kept regressing and progressing as a character, I really enjoyed how she stopped thinking about relationships, and friendships to focus on who she was. My identity is something I struggle with. I don't know who I am, and I guess discovering it is the biggest priority of my life at the moment.
Feb 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
The anime character who I relate to the most is satou tatsuhiro from welcome to the nhk because I used to and sometimes still have the same mindset as him I was very untrusting of other people and very doubtful like him a had these crazy conspiracies about other people I didn't have a nhk to blame it on so that made me more paranoid I'm not really like that anymore but I still have those thoughts in the back of my mind IT'S A CONSPIRACY PEOPLE
ZA WARUDO WRYYYYYY
Feb 23, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
Ikari Shinji. We're all Shinji.
Kyon. Super observant and critical about stuff but secretly like it.
Some instances with Tomoko in Watamote. Really socially awkward moments in my life and being unnecessarily anxious with certain situations.
Feb 25, 2014 12:58 AM

Sep 2011
Kikyo. I totally understand the pain and suffering she had to go through in her life and even after death she had to suffer. I never really liked characters in the anime who were always so cold to others. But Kikyo is the first character that I adored so much even though she is so cold and doesn't open up to anyone about her feelings. It really hurts when you're emotionally wounded. That is what happened to Kikyo and I can totally relate myself to her in my current situation.
Feb 25, 2014 6:20 AM

Jan 2012
Kasuga Takao. Especially from episode 10. I can relate to almost all of it.
We're empty inside. We can't love like a normal human being.
I can't figure out my personality, or do I even have one? but I can relate with him the most.

The other chars that I can relate to are Kuroko Tomoki and Izumi Konata.
Feb 25, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
Houtarou Oreki. I prefer to spend as less energy as possible. Also, he said lots of quotes I relate to so much, I begin to wonder if he's my anime version.

I'm not against socializing as long as it's not tiring.

If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick
Feb 25, 2014 6:38 AM

Apr 2007
The protagonist of The Tatami Galaxy because I'm at a similar stage. On the tail end of college, unmotivated, and worried that I've wasted my "rose-coloured campus life".
Feb 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
fullmetalbender said:
UnderTheBridge said:
fullmetalbender said:
UnderTheBridge said:

fullmetalfanA said:

I...wow. I'm just at a loss, mostly because of this person's terrible choice of username which brings shame to me as a FMA fan. I was actually genuinely surprised to hear (from your comment) that people see her that way, then I remembered this is MAL forum.
Jimmie's were rustled, I was ranting at the world, not you. I'm stupid. Don't expect anything inspirational from me,.
Feb 25, 2014 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Light from Death Note.
Why?
Bcuz I am psycho and weird? Meh... i can't explain it.
Signature made by Ardanaz. Thanks! :)

Feb 25, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
Watching Death Note I realised that I shared a scary amount of habits with L. The way he sits and the way he seems to be trying to keep his feet warm by fondling them against each other are only two examples.

I can also associate with Vegeta as he is depicted in Dragonball Abridged, as I seem to have a friend with whom I have a "Vegeta-Nappa Relation".

Not to mention Germany from Hetalia, I almost consider it identity theft.
Feb 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Vikutasutamiru said:
Watching Death Note I realised that I shared a scary amount of habits with L. The way he sits and the way he seems to be trying to keep his feet warm by fondling them against each other are only two examples.

I can also associate with Vegeta as he is depicted in Dragonball Abridged, as I seem to have a friend with whom I have a "Vegeta-Nappa Relation".

Not to mention Germany from Hetalia, I almost consider it identity theft.

You , sir , made me laugh for the first time today . And I laughed hard.
Feb 28, 2014 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
I am flattered, which of the paragraphs did you laugh at?
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 2 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
6 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Apr 26

73 by VivaceRex »»
1 minute ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Yesterday

26 by L0STIK »»
2 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 6 hours ago

15 by stellariscxy »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

120 by TransferUser »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.