Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favourite befriending moments?

New
Sep 10, 1:43 AM

Nov 2019
After all those years of watching anime, I've noticed many don't even have any kind of plot whatsoever. They just meanders aimlessly without a proper destination, and the end (aruptly) comes with a frame captured all the friends the characters have made along the way. Therefore, making friends in my experience is such an important task for anime, and it has caught my eyes that the animation there is also better than 90% of the series' running time. As a result, I would like to ask for your take on your favourite befriending moments. Mai boi is about to make another two.

SgtBateManSep 10, 1:50 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 10, 1:45 AM

Feb 2020
Too many to mention, but maybe Mirai and Riko from Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!

SerafosSep 10, 2:24 AM
Sep 10, 2:17 AM

Dec 2015
Friends in anime? -> Eugeo and Kirito.

Sep 10, 3:26 AM

Jun 2011
I tend to love rivals turn friends, and those usually don't have the one moment where they officially become friends, it's just the mutual respect between 2 individuals that's been building on throughout the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 10, 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
I'm a the biggest fan of Stardust Crusaders so it has to be:

Sep 10, 3:40 AM
Apr 2024
Dead dead demon's
"For you, I am absolute"
One of the best scenes
Sep 10, 3:51 AM

Jan 2024
Rudeas & Soldat
Otto & Subaru
Shirogane & Ishigami

Also loved the progession my man Nukumizu made, Kaju is a proud imouto now.
Sep 10, 8:11 AM

Jun 2017
Every episode of Isshuukan Friends has one.

Sep 10, 8:23 AM

Nov 2020
obviously luffy and zoro!!!!
charlim
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Sep 10, 8:25 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/40748/Jujutsu_Kaisen

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 10, 8:36 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Zettaiken

Zettaiken said:
My first response got stolen, rip. Nice choice.

Two other big moments for me were:
  • Naruto and Sasuke when they were learning how to walk on trees. That session solidified a bond between them that lasted the whole series. (climbing trees = friendship?)
  • The whole runtime of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou was a compilation of peak friendship moments with the climax being the graduation and also the school festival event when everyone in the audience started shouting their feelings/random stuff out loud.

Sep 10, 9:14 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Quadruple_Oi
Zettaiken said:
My first response got stolen, rip. Nice choice.

Two other big moments for me were:
  • Naruto and Sasuke when they were learning how to walk on trees. That session solidified a bond between them that lasted the whole series. (climbing trees = friendship?)
  • The whole runtime of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou was a compilation of peak friendship moments with the climax being the graduation and also the school festival event when everyone in the audience started shouting their feelings/random stuff out loud.

@Quadruple_Oi I thought it was their first kiss that bonded the two?

Quadruple_Oi said:
Naruto and Sasuke
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 11, 12:37 AM

Jul 2024
Luffy and Zoro From the very beginning, Luffy’s unwavering belief in Zoro and Zoro’s loyalty to Luffy set the foundation for their strong friendship. Their first meeting, where Luffy saves Zoro from execution, is unforgettable..

Menma and her friends (Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day.. The reunion of childhood friends to fulfill Menma’s final wish is the most touching portrayal of enduring friendship and the healing power of shared memories..

Natsume and Nyanko-sensei’s relationship is a beautiful blend of companionship and mutual respect. Over time, their bond deepens, and Nyanko-sensei becomes a loyal protector and friend to Natsume. One of the most touching moments is when Nyanko-sensei, despite his gruff exterior, shows genuine concern for Natsume’s well-being.

Gintoki and Madao... despite his own struggles, Gin-San often helps Madao out of his predicaments. Their friendship is highlighted by moments of humor and unexpected depth, such as when Gintoki supports Madao during his lowest points... Like when gintoki said I can't bring you a rope so you can hang yourself, but I'll bring a million ropes to pull you out from the depths of hell.
Their friendship highlight the importance of finding humor even in tough and difficult times.

The friendship between Ryotsu and Nakagawa from Kochikame is marked by their stark social and economic differences yet mutual respect. Nakagawa often provides the financial backing or technical expertise for Ryotsu’s crazy schemes, while Ryotsu brings a grounded perspective and street-smart solutions that ultimately ends in failure. Their interactions are filled with humor and highlight the value of friendship beyond social and economic boundaries..
Sep 11, 3:37 AM

Feb 2023
Anime has so many great friendships.
I particularly like rivals becoming friends. It's usually a longer process, but if I had to define a key moment these would be some of my favorites:

Sumire x Keke (Love Live! Superstar!!)

Sinon x Kirito (Sword Art Online II)

Also, sometimes it's nice when two people simply find out how cool the other person is and decide to be friends:

Saten x Misaka (A Certain Scientific Railgun)

"You looked really cool back there"
"Thanks, you too"
<< friends >>
Today, 7:15 AM

Jan 2018
music starts playing when they meet. safest would be piano instrumental
7 hours ago

Dec 2023
I really liked the way Seiya and Shiryu from saint seiya became friends started off as fierce rivals in a match in the galaxian wars arc but after Seiya saved Shiryu's life he decided to owe his to Seiya's and became the closest to him out of the bronze saints.
7 hours ago

Jan 2009
takina and chisato womance on lycoris recoil gets my vote
7 hours ago

Nov 2017
probably Nendou & Saiki from Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan lol
3 hours ago
Oct 2023
Reply to deg
takina and chisato womance on lycoris recoil gets my vote
@deg Chisato and Takina's friendship (and hopefully romance) is truly the greatest highlight of Lycoris Recoil.

More topics from this board

» why is it widely accepted that slanting a chinese character's eyes is racist but anime does it all the time?

karo86 - 2 hours ago

7 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think mal influences what series succeeds? Does mal impact the anime industry?

rohan121 - 10 hours ago

26 by SPTLayzner »»
9 minutes ago

» Why do so many people hate a show because of one character? ( 1 2 )

ZeroMajor12 - May 20

56 by Sheol01 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Why do people not like sad/emotional anime?

TheSunLife - Aug 19

37 by ProGoddess »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Girls Freezing Cold

ReitokoYuki - 2 hours ago

1 by IrnFox »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.