Forum Settings
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 9, 2010 1:37 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So mommy comes to tell a story.

And her personality is yet another copypasta. And yet another weak female.
Apparently all female ninjas do are get kidnapped and give birth to male warriors....

Yes, I would loved to see the whole backstory, but not this way ffs, in the middle of half assed battle, we get a half-asses recap of their past....what's next?

Ghost of First Hokage telling Naruto the truth About Madara?

Ghost of Rikkudo Sennin talking stuff about ten-tails and how only combined love of all ninjas can defeat it?
AhenshihaelJun 9, 2010 1:48 PM
Jun 9, 2010 1:51 PM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

Apparently all female ninjas do are get kidnapped and give birth to male warriors....

Yes, I would loved to see the whole backstory, but not this way ffs, in the middle of half assed battle, we get a half-asses recap of their past....what's next?

Ghost of Rikkudo Sennin talking stuff about ten-tails and how only combined love of all ninjas can defeat it?
lol such a FIRSTfag
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2010 2:22 PM

Feb 2010
Stupid troll is stupid

Your name should be FaiL
FettalJun 9, 2010 2:26 PM
Jun 9, 2010 2:29 PM

Oct 2008
Where did you even read this?! It's not even out on manga stream yet!
Jun 9, 2010 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

There's definitely more ghosts to come. Ghost of Itachi will appear during Naruto's fight with Sasuke since he stuck one crow into Naruto's mouth back then. Look forward to it.

Jun 9, 2010 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
DestinyFate said:

There's definitely more ghosts to come. Ghost of Itachi will appear during Naruto's fight with Sasuke since he stuck one crow into Naruto's mouth back then. Look forward to it.

thatsumsup the main problem with Kishi's storytelling(although storytelling methods are not the only problem Kishi has).

It always goes down with:
"Character No2452452 appears to tell stuff about _______"

Covering someone's past? New Character ____ talks about it.
Covering secrets? New character ____ talks about it~

There are a lot of different storytelling methods that do not involcve the cliched "Hey you remember that?" "oh yes, that went like that and that~"

thats one problem with Kishimoto's storytelling, other being that ~85% of stuff he tells through this method is already known to either other characters or readers....it gives off sense of stalling
Jun 9, 2010 5:07 PM

Feb 2010
Chapters out!!! Kushina is a hot MILF she made this a 5/5

I cant wait to hear more on her next chapter :)
Jun 9, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
Enjoyed the chapter. I wonder if Naruto will learn any techniques from his mother besides learning how to tame the 9 tailed fox.
Jun 9, 2010 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
i thought it was a cute chapter. it always amuses me when the week's naruto chapter is better than bleach's
Jun 9, 2010 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
I don't mind Naruto's mom being weird.
I don't mind Naruto kinda hitting on his mom.... ok that kinda gave me chills
I don't mind the cliché flashback etc.

What I do mind is the time and place this is happening. It feels all wrong. This is supposed to be Naruto's biggest growth. Finally conquering that nine tailed fox. Instead we get happy mom and son fun time.

How's about after all this is done and Naruto beat the fox. THEN his mom shows up and they have a neat little talk.That would have made more sense imo.
Jun 9, 2010 5:29 PM

Nov 2008
i usually like naruto but this annoyed even me.......i mean they could've done this after the fight >< 0 out of 5
Jun 9, 2010 5:34 PM

Sep 2007
Loved this chapter, mainly because of the hug scene and Naruto's facial expressions at everything his mother told him ^.^

Jun 9, 2010 5:37 PM

May 2010
Why is it that her hair is so long? I think Naruto should have ask that
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 9, 2010 5:44 PM

Mar 2009
D'aww @ this chapter.
Jun 9, 2010 5:44 PM

Sep 2007
Rofl ...
So cute chapter. ><
Jun 9, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:

thatsumsup the main problem with Kishi's storytelling(although storytelling methods are not the only problem Kishi has).

It always goes down with:
"Character No2452452 appears to tell stuff about _______"

Covering someone's past? New Character ____ talks about it.
Covering secrets? New character ____ talks about it~

There are a lot of different storytelling methods that do not involcve the cliched "Hey you remember that?" "oh yes, that went like that and that~"

thats one problem with Kishimoto's storytelling, other being that ~85% of stuff he tells through this method is already known to either other characters or readers....it gives off sense of stalling
It could be bleach stalling for about two years just to give Aizen ( the ultimate Base breaker) a mullet Gary Stu. Since everybody else is powerless againist Aizen.

I liked the chapter. I like Kushina first academy days and it was pretty funny seeing her get nervous. Now, if only Kishi could do that with Naruto
KantonKageXJun 9, 2010 6:03 PM
Jun 9, 2010 5:55 PM

Oct 2008
Awwwwwwww!!

Yeeeeeeeaaaah, ...it's rare for me as a guy to genuinely say that out loud. And yet I felt that way as I red this entire chapter. It was a really funny and touching moment even though it was during the middle of Naruto's fight against the Nine-tails, it actually felt somewhat appropriate. The instant I heard this chapter was going to be about Naruto getting to know his mom and how she and Minato ended up togethor, I initially thought it didn't make sense to throw this in out of nowhere. And yet it felt right in a couple of ways.

First of all, not only did it make sense, but it was funny how Naruto assumed the Kushina was the Nine-tails true form and how she laughed and punched him in the gut in response. And afterward, it was completely touching and appropriate from that point on. Well, except for Naruto calling his mom a "babe." I mean, okay yeah, she is one hot tomato (...pun not intended), but it just seemed weird to compliment her that way. And it was cute seeing Minato and Kushina as kids. Not to mention it seemed cool seeing Minato in that jacket (someone mentioned it was like an adidas jacket).

As much as I like seeing the Naruto story seeming to go full speed with the story (and I actually do like it for the most part) it's nice seeing a change of pace and mood out of the story from time to time. And suprisingly, I liked it as being just one chapter! Most background stories like these in shonen manga tend to drag for a few chapters and make it more suspenseful and complex than it really is, like with Negima and how Negi learn about both of his parent. The backstory threw in a lot of stuff about the Government and war in the magical world that I really wanted to skim through. At anyrate, now I'm actually really looking how he plans to fight against the Fox now.

And why is it in anime, girls with lengthy hair seem beatiful with lengthy hair? Kushina is like a tomboyish Shana, only without the "URUSAI" nonsense.
Jun 9, 2010 6:02 PM

Apr 2009
Half the chapter was sweet, but the other half made me rage... I am disgusted that Naruto is now better than Bleach.
Jun 9, 2010 6:07 PM

Jul 2009
Nice chap! She really reassembles Sakura a lot..

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Jun 9, 2010 6:13 PM

Jan 2009
Just get to the fight already!

Jun 9, 2010 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
I actually kind of liked this chapter. Although, it is cheesy as to how his orange colour came about. Red mom + yellow dad = orange son. Really? Still kind of cool though. I wouldn't mind knowing why both parents had to die though. Maybe because of the seal.

And it strikes me as odd that no one ever told Naruto about his parents, or showed them pictures, or anything. Stupid leaf village.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 9, 2010 6:19 PM

Nov 2009
CapuChuuu said:

Yeah, she did. XD I liked this chapter. :3
Jun 9, 2010 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
spineslayer said:
Enjoyed the chapter. I wonder if Naruto will learn any techniques from his mother besides learning how to tame the 9 tailed fox.

I HOPE SO!
(I swear to god that I'll drop the series if it's another f-ing rasengan though...)
Jun 9, 2010 6:31 PM

Oct 2009
Voted 2/5 on poll because I wants to see RED RASENGAN! Umm, I had the distinct feeling when Naruto called his mother a babe that we'd get some incest action. Still not giving up on that possibility, I mean, cause it's Kishimoto.

Jun 9, 2010 6:35 PM

Feb 2009
So wait....They're talking in an inner world within an inner world??
Other than that, great chapter, although from the looks of things, this is going to take a while.

Red+yellow = orange ;]
Jun 9, 2010 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
that chain shit is tight, Fucking Naruto needs to learn that or flash speed.
Jun 9, 2010 7:22 PM

Mar 2010
Lucjan said:
Voted 2/5 on poll because I wants to see RED RASENGAN! Umm, I had the distinct feeling when Naruto called his mother a babe that we'd get some incest action. Still not giving up on that possibility, I mean, cause it's Kishimoto.
and thus the Habanero Rasengan is born.
Jun 9, 2010 7:46 PM

Dec 2009
I enjoyed this.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 9, 2010 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
I'm a bit annoyed that this is the second major battle of Naruto's that is interrupted by a family member, but it was a cute if unoriginal story. Just please let there be no more flashbacks during a major skirmish. Do that shit AFTER the battle, seriously!

edit: I already know Kishi hates females, I'm not participating in the troll poll though.
DonKangolJonesJun 9, 2010 7:55 PM
Jun 9, 2010 8:05 PM
Mar 2009
1st, i want to see the red rasengan..
2nd, she do resemble sakura. when she got fired up after naruto wants to say such a cruel word towards her.
3rd, this is such a cute chap. kishi, u r such a talented when it comes love matters!!!
Jun 9, 2010 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
Good chapter.

Naruto having a little talk with his mom was really sweet. The only problem in this chapter is that they put this part at the very wrong time. Naruto was supposed to be fighting the Kyuubi then randomness ensures O.O
This is a signature.
Jun 9, 2010 8:16 PM
Sep 2008
meeting kushina was much more interesting then meeting minato. well maybe im bias cause the perfect god like genius types always have the same boring personality, and ive never liked those characters that i can remember.

no one told naruto anything cause it was forbidden.

kushinas chakra was probably used because of the property shown. she seems to have effortlessly restrained the fox. possibly having to do with the many references to only half of kyuubis chakra being sealed in naruto.
Jun 9, 2010 8:26 PM

Nov 2008
Naruto's Like his mum
We got a back story so not a complete waste of a chapter
Jun 9, 2010 8:27 PM

May 2008
I surprisingly really enjoyed this chapter and seeing some back story on Naruto's mom and dad. Plus it was pretty amusing seeing how much Naruto and his mom resemble each other in personality. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter and seeing how his mom's chakra is going to help him out in the long run.
Jun 9, 2010 8:52 PM

Sep 2007
ORANGE HOKAGE

OH BAH GAWD WHAT A REVELATION
Jun 9, 2010 9:15 PM

May 2007
Naruto's parents are a cute couple, I wish we could see more of them. >3<

Jun 9, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
As the other have said before me, this wasn't the right time for this to happen. So Kushina died to seal the fox, too?
Jun 9, 2010 9:55 PM

May 2010
I liked this chapter. I hope they mention how she died.
Jun 9, 2010 9:59 PM

Sep 2008
Sorry for the double post.
Jun 9, 2010 10:10 PM

May 2010
I liked this episode. It was kinda cute.

Kushina is cool.
Jun 9, 2010 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
Orange hokage ... okayyyy Oo
Jun 9, 2010 10:20 PM

Jun 2010
Eh I was hoping her character had more depth, they kinda made her out to be an American equivalent of an airhead and when she smacked him chills ran down my spine of Sakura. Still she doesnt seem to be a pushover and was pretty dominant in her youth unlike current females ahem, plus her chakra is yet another question mark, oh well.
Jun 9, 2010 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
kiisuke_89 said:

2nd, she do resemble sakura. when she got fired up after naruto wants to say such a cruel word towards her.

Yay for kishimoto's subtlety in pairings

theshadowlucas said:
I liked this chapter. I hope they mention how she died.

considering she is female and this is Kishimoto, it msot likely went down like this:

Minato was fighting and Kyuubi accidentally landed on the house where Kushina was cooking meal and doing laundry..........

-----

As for Kushina - seriously, he did not have to COPYPASTA Naruto's character onto her to make her "similar personality to Naruto". Now it feels as if Naruto is her clone(let's not forget this possibility, since its Kishimoto we are talking about) -____-
Jun 9, 2010 11:10 PM

Nov 2008
"Tomato" was the only entertaining part of this lame chapter. Kushina seems to be a tsundere type of girl. I hope she isn't as annoying as Sakura-bitch. I don't like this type of character.
Jun 9, 2010 11:29 PM
Jan 2009
"Mum, you're a babe."
Fuck, what?
Jun 10, 2010 12:13 AM

Sep 2007
Broskos : What the problem ?
He know his mother is a MILF.
What's wrong with that ? XD
Jun 10, 2010 12:30 AM

Mar 2010
Hypeathon said:
Awwwwwwww!!

Yeeeeeeeaaaah, ...it's rare for me as a guy to genuinely say that out loud. And yet I felt that way as I red this entire chapter. It was a really funny and touching moment even though it was during the middle of Naruto's fight against the Nine-tails, it actually felt somewhat appropriate. The instant I heard this chapter was going to be about Naruto getting to know his mom and how she and Minato ended up togethor, I initially thought it didn't make sense to throw this in out of nowhere. And yet it felt right in a couple of ways.

First of all, not only did it make sense, but it was funny how Naruto assumed the Kushina was the Nine-tails true form and how she laughed and punched him in the gut in response. And afterward, it was completely touching and appropriate from that point on. Well, except for Naruto calling his mom a "babe." I mean, okay yeah, she is one hot tomato (...pun not intended), but it just seemed weird to compliment her that way. And it was cute seeing Minato and Kushina as kids. Not to mention it seemed cool seeing Minato in that jacket (someone mentioned it was like an adidas jacket).

As much as I like seeing the Naruto story seeming to go full speed with the story (and I actually do like it for the most part) it's nice seeing a change of pace and mood out of the story from time to time. And suprisingly, I liked it as being just one chapter! Most background stories like these in shonen manga tend to drag for a few chapters and make it more suspenseful and complex than it really is, like with Negima and how Negi learn about both of his parent. The backstory threw in a lot of stuff about the Government and war in the magical world that I really wanted to skim through. At anyrate, now I'm actually really looking how he plans to fight against the Fox now.

And why is it in anime, girls with lengthy hair seem beatiful with lengthy hair? Kushina is like a tomboyish Shana, only without the "URUSAI" nonsense.

same words .you people are so annoying " just get to the fight already ," or " wrong timing, blah blah blah " just stfu and read the athmosphere , if not Kushina then naruto would not win nine tails . I thinks it better that he is not that strong yet cause it would seriosly annoy me if he would win with his own powers and so .
Really enjoyed 498 , and you bastards with your shitty comments ... sigh
My mom said im special . ~*
Jun 10, 2010 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
CapuChuuu said:

I was thinking so, too. :)

Liked this chapter! ^^ It was kind of cute and funny. (Lately Naruto is more serious and I sometimes miss these parts a bit. ^^)
And it was good to read about Kushina and her past with Minato.
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 10, 2010 12:35 AM

Mar 2010
asx-nici said:
CapuChuuu said:

I was thinking so, too. :)

Liked this chapter! ^^ It was kind of cute and funny. (Lately Naruto is more serious and I sometimes miss these parts a bit. ^^)
And it was good to read about Kushina and her past with Minato.

Yeah i agree too,good chapter ...kinda touching a bit ^^ and Naruto thinks his a hunk hahahah :)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jun 10, 2010 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
This chapter really went beyond my expectations and I really like her personality. Kudos to Kishi~ This is quite a fun and good chapter~

I await for next week~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.