Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
All this talk about teammates and strategies..at least we did get some action this episode.

It seems betrayal and trust are a key subject of discussion this time around too. Episode also confirms Yihwa is a terrble cook LOL. Jokes aside, Hwa Ryun still remains a mysterious individual but no doubt she has a lot of knowledge about their world.
Aug 18, 7:27 AM

May 2020
I mean, at least they understood Urek was wayyyyy out of their league, and tried to avoid him for however long they could, but hey, Bam managing to scratch him doesn’t make much sense. I know he got distracted and all but still lol. Though Bam got severely injured as well… which does make a lot of sense xD

Again btw, the action scenes could’ve been better, but yeah, such has been the state of this season, we’re only talking in the terms of “could/should/would have been”. I liked how these people were threatened to leave Viole’s side, but decided against it. Some characterization for them, at least. As I thought we’re over this arc, in this episode itself, and yeah, seeing the standards, I’m not very hopeful for workshop battle now.
Aug 18, 9:08 AM
Mar 2017
Looks like crunchyroll got hacked for this episode cool.
Aug 18, 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
Well, this is getting really good.

When Viole got hurt I was hoping for Miseng to unlock some healing powers or something, since she, Goseng, Prince and Wangnan can't really do shit, I hope that changes soon.

BTW, WE GOT TO SEE ENDORSI AND ANAAK FOR LIKE A SECOND, HELL YEAH, I MISS THEM BOTH SO MUCH.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Aug 18, 9:18 AM
May 2016
Crunchyroll got f'd for this ep, wth is with the "Chatbot?"
Aug 18, 9:20 AM

Dec 2021
Hwaryun as scary as ever… The girl legit changed Yihwa with just a few words.

And that's it for the first part of the season, rushed mind you. Now onto the next, the Workshop Battle.

Aug 18, 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
are these subs for another episode? lol
Aug 18, 9:46 AM
Jul 2024
I don't know. On Crunchyroll, the subs are broken for this Episode at present. Guess I'll have to wait.
Aug 18, 10:10 AM
May 2020
Reply to Sheol01
I don't know. On Crunchyroll, the subs are broken for this Episode at present. Guess I'll have to wait.
@Sheol01 ya its the first time I seen crunchroll totally mess up a sub
Aug 18, 10:14 AM
Feb 2021
Where can i find the ep with subs which are not messed up?
Aug 18, 10:32 AM

Nov 2019
What a shitshow. On the bright side, at least multilingual people can watch this episode. 😂
Aug 18, 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
Nope, this series lacks any sort of tension, it’s a laughable adaption. Love Urek Mazino tho. Surely will read the manwha when I have time
Aug 18, 10:43 AM
Jan 2021
SO CRINGE AND KIDDY AND BAD
Aug 18, 10:44 AM
May 2021
Softhenic03 said:
I mean, at least they understood Urek was wayyyyy out of their league, and tried to avoid him for however long they could, but hey, Bam managing to scratch him doesn’t make much sense. I know he got distracted and all but still lol. Though Bam got severely injured as well… which does make a lot of sense xD

Again btw, the action scenes could’ve been better, but yeah, such has been the state of this season, we’re only talking in the terms of “could/should/would have been”. I liked how these people were threatened to leave Viole’s side, but decided against it. Some characterization for them, at least. As I thought we’re over this arc, in this episode itself, and yeah, seeing the standards, I’m not very hopeful for workshop battle now.

sorry how and were did you watch the episode. I could watch it cause the subtitles were broken
Aug 18, 11:04 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Fun episode, much talking in the second half of this one.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 18, 11:17 AM
Oct 2020
Hmm episode is broken, seems like it's for a different episode did anyone watch the episode with subs that are working? If so where did you watch it? Crunchy roll is broken
Aug 18, 11:24 AM

Jun 2016
Now it looks like it was fixed...Emily shall be remembered
Aug 18, 11:26 AM
Jul 2024
Well, that problem got fixed. The fight was short. Mostly build up for the next arc, with some intrigue thrown in. Not bad, not good either. But I'm here for the long haul I suppose.
Aug 18, 11:43 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to MihaiOtaku
Now it looks like it was fixed...Emily shall be remembered
@MihaiOtaku I mean you will see her next episode
Aug 18, 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
Mazino loses his only value as soon as he put on his shirt.

Everyone has a secret or two.
Aug 18, 12:00 PM

Jan 2021
Thought my site was just the one bugging out, have to catch it later when they update it.
Aug 18, 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
I wasn't expecting that voice for Karaka, at all. It makes him sound young, which probably makes some people happy due to certain theories about him.

Now the fight against Mazino was dissapointing, to say the least.
Aug 18, 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
Production values were back to being pretty ass this episode but we did get some cool story and lore stuff so it was enough to overlook it.

Uzek as expected came out on top with the flower, it would’ve been nice to see he and Bam fight properly without Miseng having to be saved.. but just highlights that even with all the power bam has acquired he’s still got a long way to go

Seems like some shit is gonna go down with Viole’s higher ups getting increasingly suspicious of the team.. that masked dude is up to no good for sure.

Looks like Hwaryun was able to light a fire(pun intended) under Yihwa.. looking forward to her development as a character and fighter.. please someone stop letting her cook tho 😭 lock the kitchen

And now we have a goal and deadline to work towards. 2 years until the next warehouse battle and a Khun/Bam reunion.. seems so crazy that it’ll be pushing a decade since Bam last saw Khun at that point.
Marinate1016Aug 18, 1:44 PM
Aug 18, 1:44 PM
Oct 2013
Ok espisode, suffers from the drop in animation quaility and the Urek Mazino instroductions isn't that epic.

Hearing Hwaryun's voice made me feel salty about Makima's voice, Youko Hikasa should have been her voice.
Aug 18, 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
hello Emily the chat box ( Episode 8)
Aug 18, 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
people actually like this shit???
Aug 18, 2:16 PM
May 2012
I RARELY comment on MAL but after watching this episode I must.
As a reader of the manwha from its early days, this isn't what I imagined it being animated will be like, a big disappointment.
When I read that episode in the manwha I was so thrilled and excited, the anime just lacks in all aspects, it doesn't buildup on key scenes and it looks like the studio doesn't work on it with all its heart, the animation could have been done so much better than what it looked so far and I've really given it a chance to improve.
The entire season is just so messy, and a total disappointment to my favorite manhwa.

You can look at this mobile game trailer which looks better than 80% of the animation done this episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LSlnG0Kwdo
Aug 18, 2:58 PM

Jul 2017
Rough episode as a whole. Extra wait time due to Crunchyroll messing up the subtitles badly for this episode originally, and the actual episode itself felt so static once again. Animation quality was bad and the Mazino confrontation was a lot less interesting or tense to watch than expected, especially based on the cliffhanger. Tower of God's first season animated and drew creatures so well in great detail and not having it limited with poor CG but that was not the case with this episode in season 2. Some scenes when reading it are good like that fight or Karaka confronting Jinsung but none of those had no impact here and felt completely soulless to watch. At least Workshop Battle is on the horizon, although I don't have expectations now for the staff this season to do that extreme justice. This whole season has been saddening.
Aug 18, 3:37 PM
Oct 2019
Luppii said:
I RARELY comment on MAL but after watching this episode I must.
As a reader of the manwha from its early days, this isn't what I imagined it being animated will be like, a big disappointment.
When I read that episode in the manwha I was so thrilled and excited, the anime just lacks in all aspects, it doesn't buildup on key scenes and it looks like the studio doesn't work on it with all its heart, the animation could have been done so much better than what it looked so far and I've really given it a chance to improve.
The entire season is just so messy, and a total disappointment to my favorite manhwa.

You can look at this mobile game trailer which looks better than 80% of the animation done this episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LSlnG0Kwdo

Man after looking at the trailer it shows how little they actually care about the anime. Just a pointless cash grab.
Aug 18, 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
What the actual fuck are these subs? They not even translating anything it's just talking about this Emily who's supposed to be a chat bot who subs episodes? Shameful, lmfaooo
Aug 18, 4:26 PM

Jan 2010
In comparison to the first season, not only is the animation and the style of it, completely subpar, the narrative has also taken a beating. This is worse than One-Punch Man Season 2.
Aug 18, 4:28 PM

Jan 2015
I'm excited for the fight in the next episode, said said the mal user
Lol, said the studio, lmao
Aug 18, 5:36 PM

Apr 2018
this gotta be a joke? who is directing this LMAO. why is BAM so awkwardly on the ground after taking a hit and why are there only close up shots during a fight.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 18, 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
Crunchyroll continuing to prove how little they care about Tower of God, what else is new.

Hmm the more I listen to Urek Mazino, the more I feel like the VA does not suit him. Something about his voice feels off. Or maybe it's because his face always look so angry in the anime, while in the webtoon he looks so much more chill. Karaka's voice seems much less intimidating than I'd imagined as well, but it's alright I guess. But wow, this studio really does not know how to make anything feel impactful. The Viole vs. Urek fight went by quickly as it did in the webtoon, but unlike the webtoon, there was barely any momentum, intensity, or tension. I can't feel any hype with this kind of horrible directing and animation quality. When their fists collided, there's just....light, and not even a "boom" effect, and Viole was supposed to be bathed in his own blood. The skeleton being brought back was an interesting choice though.

Viole is in the midst of recovery while Karaka is cooking up his own schemes, Yihwa is cooking up meals that are clearly not edible, and Hwaryun is simply being best girl. Happy to see a quick second of Shibisu, Anaak, and Endorsi again.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 18, 6:04 PM

Jan 2020
Just watch the mobile CM yall
Aug 18, 7:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I didn’t really get any of the sub problems other folks were talking about, maybe it’s because I waited this long to watch the episode today lol. And honestly I thought I’d see people more into this one because although it was brief, I thought the fight with Urek was pretty cool and looked pretty good, but looks like that wasn’t the case for many. Rest of the episode I kinda get tho, it didn’t look particularly good, just fine enough for the scenes because it was a lot of talking, but we learned some interesting things about what’s to come, including an upcoming battle at the Workshop and Jinseng’s conversation with this masked fella.

There was also that goofy bit with Yihwa, since her family is a bunch of crooks she decided to cook, but let’s just say she wasn’t cooking with that rice, unless the goal was to char it beyond recognition lol. And lastly, nice to see Endorsi, Anaak and Shibisu again for a few seconds, I’m liking the new gang but the old gang was a good time that I miss.
TheColonel76Aug 18, 7:42 PM
Aug 18, 7:44 PM

Jul 2022
I must say I'm disappointed with this episode and the direction the anime is taking. It's not just about the lack of action in Baam and Mazino's fight. I understand that Mazino is on a completely different level, but I expected more. The pacing and events of the anime are also quite confusing at times, like when Urek leaked that Yeon's family was hiding Zygaena's larvae, making the flower they produced more valuable. There are also moments where Baam's group is supposed to show stronger bonds, but it feels bland and lacks any real development.

I'm not a manhwa reader, and I understand that it's a long series, making it difficult to adapt many chapters into an anime in a coherent way, but it seems like they're just trying to rush the story.
Aug 18, 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
To the Workshop we go.
Aug 18, 8:43 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi sacrifices himself for the team Viole has some very dangerous associates in the Slayers and Elders which makes it deadly to get close to him
Aug 18, 8:46 PM
May 2021
well i officially hate crunchyroll. this is the high point of the arc and they ruined it with not just bad animation (which I honestly thought the animation would get better as the season went on but sadly it didn't) but they also some how spoiled the next episode's subtitles how does that even happen.

now as for the episode. the fight was completely butchered they literally took away everything that the webtoon had mazino was underwhelming compared to the webtoon and everything after the fight was weirdly paced but I did like the scenes with Karaka and I think is design is about what I expected from this animation

honestly the only victim here is tower of god it's always a shame to see a good story ruined by cooperate greed. if they weren't gonna give it the adaptation it deserved then they really shouldn't have bothered making it
Aug 18, 9:42 PM
Feb 2018
Reply to PettankoLover
@PettankoLover people like the manhwa and are just here to see it animated after years, i dont mind this season being bad as long as season 3 gets a proper studio lol
Aug 18, 9:44 PM
Feb 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Hwaryun as scary as ever… The girl legit changed Yihwa with just a few words.

And that's it for the first part of the season, rushed mind you. Now onto the next, the Workshop Battle.

ayo wtf with that pacing are they really cramming till workshop battle in 12-13 ep .
Aug 18, 10:05 PM

Aug 2019
I needed more of animated Urek. He’s so unserious but cool at the same time lol.

Aug 18, 10:45 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to Sun_Chan
I needed more of animated Urek. He’s so unserious but cool at the same time lol.

@Sun_Chan

Sad so say he probably won't appear anymore if not maybe a cameo at least.
Aug 18, 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
New party joined.

Shamelessly creating scarcity.
Aug 18, 11:56 PM

Aug 2014
Xrotics_13- said:
well i officially hate crunchyroll. this is the high point of the arc and they ruined it with not just bad animation (which I honestly thought the animation would get better as the season went on but sadly it didn't) but they also some how spoiled the next episode's subtitles how does that even happen.

now as for the episode. the fight was completely butchered they literally took away everything that the webtoon had mazino was underwhelming compared to the webtoon and everything after the fight was weirdly paced but I did like the scenes with Karaka and I think is design is about what I expected from this animation

honestly the only victim here is tower of god it's always a shame to see a good story ruined by cooperate greed. if they weren't gonna give it the adaptation it deserved then they really shouldn't have bothered making it

So now you finally agree that this season is a huge pile of disappointment? Took you long enough. Where are your "it's good as long as the story continues" excuses now ;dd?
Aug 19, 12:03 AM
May 2021
GTRaijin said:
Xrotics_13- said:

So now you finally agree that this season is a huge pile of disappointment? Took you long enough. Where are your "it's good as long as the story continues" excuses now ;dd?

I knew you wouldn't understand. my original point was this was a great story but it wasn't given the proper respect it deserved. also the animation is bad for what I expected the fight to be but not bad for the more light hearted moments also the moments after the fight were pretty alright to me my main problem was the fight itself. cause if you didn't know this fight already has an anime adaptation (kinda) and I thought that it would look like that for some reason

this is what I was expecting from this fight but there are some light spoilers so watch at your own risk (skip 30 seconds in) . I was fine with this season having lackluster animation but this was the one thing I really needed them to nail

https://youtu.be/QtGFhQlKNFo?si=aZcYi_0WWGWu0LJA
Xrotics_13-Aug 19, 12:18 AM
Aug 19, 3:50 AM
Jul 2024
episode was pretty good weird audios tho and subs off alittle but mazino might be my favorite character over kun i need to hear his backstory~
Aug 19, 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to PettankoLover
@PettankoLover

I m enjoying it.
Aug 19, 4:01 AM

Dec 2014
the fights are getting good
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22

59 by SouthRzVa »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25

91 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15

76 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8

53 by Martin_Taylor »»
Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1

52 by Martin_Taylor »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.