Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 8:08 AM
Jan 2009
Oh, thought this would have been a filler episode with the previews, but exploring a bit of Hoshino's past

This episode has a lot of funny face shots and... a lot of leg/thigh shots huh.

Again, that smooth animation for Hoshino's hands, the budget really all going into that this episode lol

PART C SHIROKO SHOWER SCENE THO

XanekJul 4, 5:00 PM
May 19, 9:18 AM

Feb 2021
This OP has really grown on me, I love it. The CDs will release on July 24th (I assume they will include full versions, right now only TV sizes of the OP and ED are available), really waiting for them so I can get the songs in a very legal way yes

That scene with Hina spreading out her wings is so cool. The camera angles before that were really interesting too.
99% of the budget for this episode was spent on Hoshino's hands.
Scene after credits!
I feel like the second half will be much better than the first, really excited for more, especially Hoshino's backstory.

My weekly report about my progress in the game or something idk:
So there were these missions that were only available for a limited time that required me to watch Volume 1 chapter 3 of the main story. I was like "I guess I'll just skip through all of chapter 2 and chapter 3 to get the rewards", finished skipping chapter 2, and suddenly it showed that watching it required finishing the fricking final volume. I was like "Okay... Guess no rewards for me". Apparently the order of the story is not so intuitive (I knew that volume 1 chapter 3 was released just recently on the JP server, but I thought that it just expanded some things and it would be fine to watch it after chapter 2. Apparently not.)
May 19, 9:23 AM
Dec 2021
4/5 for too many changes from source material
too much cutting sensei
May 19, 9:45 AM
Apr 2024
finally a bit of flashback from our oji-san
May 19, 9:48 AM
Sep 2022
Ok this episode is all good to me as well the animation all good as well

Now we see Hoshino Deal With Black Suit And Oh My God Her Serious Voice is give me Shives because on Game Story There's no Voice only dialogue she's angry talk with black suit and on game there's no voice only dialogue she's angry so didn't expect her voice we hear when she's angry i know it's a bad situation scene but what iwant to comment her Voice acting here that on the story they give acting and her voice is good really give me shives i got Suprised it's so good... and i know it's bad situation but like on the game we see sad reaction of Hoshino what to do with the deal on the Anime in this episode it's shown many many expression of serious and sad Hoshino it's good detail they improve on anime that it came to game i love it

And happy to see Hina again and her tights OMG haha and the sound her moving she's wings i love it as well the wings moving it ... Ako debut ( Not Hologram ) now's here and Ako really punishment is hilarious haha well it's litary her fault saying he want to write many not Hina haha and Hina now Ako ask why Hina know Hoshino and explain to Ako why Hina Knows Hoshino and it's Show Hoshino past and i didn't expect as well we see a little scene animation fighting with old Hoshino .. in game it's only shown her oldself and while explaning on dialogue that's all so this is really good change's...

And Problem Solver 68 now leaving because prefect now know the place the one it's change her if i remember correctly Shiroko it's not the one Problem Solver 68 Meet It's Sensei The One and yah on Anime the money giving to the boss of serika and thr reaction of them hilarious not on the Game as well it's good

And Sensei talk to Hoshino the one i didn't expect Sensei's know something some up with Hoshino not like on game love the detail of the changes Sensei don't know what it is the only she's knows he see Hoshino have problem she's help of Arona but he said he do it himself thats alll..

and lastly for the tease of of final scene on this episode didn't expect a shower scene of shiroko like on game nothing at all so this is good change's of the scene and add details lolz haha lols teased about Shiroko and see bad omen will happen don't know what's the one got broke because on game it's nothing of the game at all is this ...but for sure

That's all....

Im excited for next episode of how they gonna animated the and voice acting the next one...
RiEnCe051204May 19, 3:00 PM
May 19, 9:56 AM
Jul 2023
The amount of fan service are great in this episode, so many teeth grinning smiles!
May 19, 10:36 AM

Apr 2022
she is so short...

I have no idea what the post credit scene was nor I remember that from the game, but all I know is that we saw shiroko in the shower.

I'm so fucking excited and scared for hoshino's past. I just hope september come sooner so, I can read v1ch3 in global.

also, I think they love drawing aru, because her expressions are just so god damn cute
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
May 19, 12:34 PM
Oct 2017
I don’t know I fell like it takes way to much time , Girls Frontlines did a better job with their anime adaptation .
May 19, 1:53 PM
Jun 2021
Episode 7 review

Pretty decent episode might even be the strongest

Strengths:

Second half focus on Sensei felt a lot better. I think they're finally understanding how to use Sensei, and its the second half of the episode that makes me believe even more that it should have been his perspective from the start. Reflecting on himself over his stay in Abydos and understanding that he isn't perfect was really nice to see

Hoshino was good too. It was nice to finally see her interact with Sensei one and one and absolutely diss the hell out of him. Their interactions were always fun to see

Cons

However since it wasn't Sensei's perspective from the start I still don't see how the students have changed because of him. The damage has already been done. Animation was once again pretty mediocre (that Hoshino scene was carried by the fact that she was just a silhouette) but thats something were used to so I won't complain much

Other than Sensei and Hoshino everyone else felt a like a bit of a drag this episode and when it wasn't on those two I was just watching the time on when it would switch back. Hina was fine, Ako was slightly irritating but thats just Ako so its fine, but the main cast was ehhhhh. Music was music, artstyle still kinda mid, the usual complaints

Overall its just the usual problens with the anime but with one of the major ones taken out, having Sensei actually serve as the main protagonist as he felt this episode

If they continue to focus on sensei the rest of the season should be pretty enjoyable
May 19, 4:52 PM

Aug 2019
I think it's time for the story to start.
May 19, 5:00 PM

May 2023
The story is moving, there are hidden feelings behind Hoshino's smile.

Ah yes, absolute cinema fanservice, Hina just makes me fall in love again, Yostar really likes Aru with the various expressions she makes.

Arona is very cute and small, Sensei became an adult that Abydos could rely on, and Kaiser had already taken over Abydos'? something big is going to happen.
May 19, 6:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
cute show, adorable girls

need WAY MORE action/fights

JeruKs said:
I think it's time for the story to start.

..... yea.... uh... im hoping for an all out war between the girls or some shit.....
May 19, 7:31 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! I've been bashing this anime for a bit now but I genuinely think this was the best episode yet. I enjoyed it a lot!

It nailed the beginning scene with Hoshino and blacksuit with the atmosphere, voice acting and camera angle. The art actually look great when the background and lightning isn't overly bright but instead use some dark and somber colors which surprised me a lot. The use of music in this episode in general was great! The slice of life scene were done very well and the pace felt great. More than anything, they actually nailed Sensei' character for once! Sensei is supposed to be an adult, a role model for the student and be wise. Not the wimpy character we've seen all this time. It was such a great episode I loved all of it. I think the after credit scene was a bit weird though.

I do have one major complaint however. The anime is supposed to show that Sensei is every student allies. The scene with the P68 moving out was supposed to be Sensei's and showing that side of him. For some reason the anime cut all of the relevant Sensei scene with any other student (Hifumi, P68, Prefects)... I understand that they gave that scene in particular to Shiroko to explain P68 donation to the ramen shop boss and the scene itself was well done. Just that makes it a better change than the other, and I accept it because of the positive it gives. I however really want them to start showing Sensei' character better. His interaction with other student are important. The scene from Sensei with Hoshino and Arona were however very good and nailed him. I hope they keep adding to Sensei' character. His most egregios scene was when he claimed that he changed Hoshino and laughed nervously about it to Nonomi. I hope it's a one done thing and they never fumble it again.

I can't believe how much better this episode was and I love it. Wonder if there was a different director or something because it's so different.

Edit: Oh yes can't forget that juicy fanservice they gave with Hoshino past. Can't believe Hina's flashback of Hoshino's first year went that hard in the anime god damn.
Thai777May 19, 7:38 PM
May 19, 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, looks like despite the flash forward in ep 1 which had me hopeful, the show intends on adapting only one chapter, aka being borderline slice of life...

How sad. And i doubt they'll be releasing more seasons so guess there's no hope of seeing Arius and final chapter getting adapted..
May 19, 9:38 PM

Feb 2019
Did they need to go that hard with Hina thighs, Aru boobs etc in the ep I’m tryna focus lmao?

Loving the stuff with the outlaws and Shiroko coming to help them at the end was nice. But I’m kinda ready for the story to get going here. As someone who hasn’t played the game, feels like we’ve been moving at a snail’s pace. Getting little tidbits about Kaiser and the debt as well as Hoshino backstory, but with 7 eps down now, let’s get going.

Also kinda feel like Sensei is just lost in the story at times, I like how they used him at the end with reflecting on how the girls have changed since he’s been there, but get him more involved! The girls are great and I love seeing them banter and just doing silly cute shit, but let’s open the world up a bit more. Heard many good things about the story, I’d like to see that explored.

I personally thought the ep looked great, seen some people say the animation wasn’t good, looked fine to me, not a ton of action to really base it on anyway. Fanservice great as per and character interactions good. Solid ep, just ready for the story.
Marinate1016May 19, 10:13 PM
May 19, 11:30 PM

Jan 2010
Did this episode have a different director or animation team? It felt like there was more motion here than in the previous episode, which was the one with a large firefight. There was also more dynamic camera angles, more lighting variation, greater range of character motions and expressions, and even better pacing which allowed for some fun moments intermixed with silent, introspective scenes. What happened?
May 20, 2:24 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Shocked
Did this episode have a different director or animation team? It felt like there was more motion here than in the previous episode, which was the one with a large firefight. There was also more dynamic camera angles, more lighting variation, greater range of character motions and expressions, and even better pacing which allowed for some fun moments intermixed with silent, introspective scenes. What happened?
@Shocked Glad to see someone else thought there's another new director.

I've been bashing the anime almost every episode because I believe blue archive deserved so much better only to be hit by such an upgrade of an episode randomly this week.

Since I am not the only one wondering I went and took a look with ANN.

Every episode have their own episode director which cannot really tell us much.

Most episode has only one chief animation director except for ep 2-4-5 who has 2 and this episode who had 3 chief animation director. Nana Mori who has been one of the chief animation director for ep 3-6 is not one of the 3 chief animation director for episode 7.

On the script side, we have mostly Hiroshi Ohnogi who does it with the director helping him in some episode except for episode 5-6 who had Kuni Tomoyama taking care of it.

In short, the staff is mostly the same except for the episode director who is someone new all the time but I don't think that a weird practice. It beg the question, what really changed..?

I personally attribute ep7 to being the best by far. The only few points of difference I can see with the episode is that the script was done only by Hiroshi, but it is something that also happened in ep 2 and 3 so we can't rule this as the definitive reason. One other option is the increase of chief animation director to 3 with Nana Mori not participating but that usually only has to do with making the characters in model. It might answer your question of better dynamic camera angle and character motions and expressions though.

Perhaps it was only luck or it was one of the episode with the best scheduling.
May 20, 3:18 AM
Jan 2019
i don't think that post-credit scene was part of the game or was it?
May 20, 4:22 AM
Dec 2020
Probaly best episode for now, no too bright color, actual story development, and hina thigs
AND SENSEI SAID THE LINE
May 20, 4:40 AM

Feb 2011
another episode with nothing explained and ... nothing really happened.
1/5

May 20, 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
Shiroko has a cute pair to stand on.

May 20, 5:50 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Thai777
@Shocked Glad to see someone else thought there's another new director.

I've been bashing the anime almost every episode because I believe blue archive deserved so much better only to be hit by such an upgrade of an episode randomly this week.

Since I am not the only one wondering I went and took a look with ANN.

Every episode have their own episode director which cannot really tell us much.

Most episode has only one chief animation director except for ep 2-4-5 who has 2 and this episode who had 3 chief animation director. Nana Mori who has been one of the chief animation director for ep 3-6 is not one of the 3 chief animation director for episode 7.

On the script side, we have mostly Hiroshi Ohnogi who does it with the director helping him in some episode except for episode 5-6 who had Kuni Tomoyama taking care of it.

In short, the staff is mostly the same except for the episode director who is someone new all the time but I don't think that a weird practice. It beg the question, what really changed..?

I personally attribute ep7 to being the best by far. The only few points of difference I can see with the episode is that the script was done only by Hiroshi, but it is something that also happened in ep 2 and 3 so we can't rule this as the definitive reason. One other option is the increase of chief animation director to 3 with Nana Mori not participating but that usually only has to do with making the characters in model. It might answer your question of better dynamic camera angle and character motions and expressions though.

Perhaps it was only luck or it was one of the episode with the best scheduling.
Thai777 said:

I mean only really time can tell, it's entirely possible they always planned for this episode to be a 'turning point' and by that nature to have higher quality, or its just a happen chance that production was simply better for this episode, only way to find out is wait until everything is done.
May 20, 11:56 AM
Jun 2023
I like how some character has good dialogue writing, like Nonomi speaking of Hoshino, and Hoshino speaking of everyone. like man..that line touches my heart. the music is also chef's kiss. I didn't play the game but I'm glad I tried following the show
May 20, 3:33 PM

Jan 2015
I have mixed feelings to see Shiroko taking the PS68 scene off sensei. Other gacha adaptations have done that before and while it was good for the CGDCT, it takes away chances for the "player character" to show some characterization and stop being the "self-insert guy." That's one of the other ways in which the anime can stand out from others in its category.

I was happy to see more Hina, Ako, and PS68 though.

I don't think this episode was anything special, if anything, it was a bit boring. But that's to be expected since it's setting up the stage for the climax of the first two chapters.
May 20, 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
This is so boring. Could at least keep my attention with some fanservice but they refuse to do that.
May 21, 8:22 AM

Sep 2010
Unexpected upside to Shiba Seki Ramen getting destroyed - they find out there's a problem with the ownership of the building.

That end scene where Shiroko thinks she has an intruder reminded me a lot of one from Date A Live for some reason. Same lighting and tension I guess.

TakataMay 22, 2:41 AM
May 22, 6:29 AM
Aug 2017
Sensei serious expression about crime commited by Kaiser Corporation and voice Hoshino Angry, i really like this episode
May 25, 5:48 PM

Jul 2016
Kind of a transition episode and staff knew it, thus the addition of more fanservice than usual: from Hina's buffed thighs (🙏) to some close-ups of Aru's figure and the after-credits scene with Shiroko taking a shower.
There were also quite a few scenes I can't remember from the game so I'm gonna assume they were mostly anime-original content.

Regarding the episode as a whole, I think it was among the show's best ones. Direction felt different but in a good way and for once, I liked what they did with Sensei during the second half. Maybe they finally realized he's also a main character...
May 26, 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
nice, cool discussion i just read

May 29, 8:58 PM

Nov 2009
So... Hoshino "sold out" the Abydos ownerships since years ago... probably also has to do with the previous President...

Think Hoshino is being blackmailed into doing bunch of things...

hmm... Shiroko taking a bath scene, but only for a few seconds.

And she gets attacked by a crow... LOL

(this is why I never leave my windows or doors open without having a screen closed, things fly in randomly.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 9, 7:43 PM

Jun 2020
Not a lot has been happening. I would like for more to happen.
"
Aug 3, 2:44 PM

Dec 2022
Cute and funny Aru
Sep 1, 12:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hoshino is definitely a mysterious character and they're teasing about her backstory, I'm curious...
Also things have been fixed especially for the ramen restaurant but it turns out the school has no rights regarding the neighborhood buildings and it might be Kaiser's possession now... :S

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - May 26

24 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.