Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 8:08 AM
Jan 2009
All they can think about is eating(?) the fish when in the aquarium while Serika thinks they're cute.
Hoshino thinking that Shiroko was gonna confess her love to her when she pulled her to the side? lol
That whale being 2x the size of Hoshino.

Yuuka and Noa make their first appearance in the anime!

Hoshino and Shiroko deciding to hide Hoshino's withdrawal application and then from the others even though they know something is wrong.
Then we get the scene with Black Suit with the transfer document
Part C of Shiroko handing it to Sensei.

XanekMay 26, 11:14 AM
May 26, 9:53 AM
Jul 2023
Quite possibly the happiest and the saddest episode overall, things aren’t going to shine brightly moving forward.
May 26, 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
Just noticed Arona touching fingers with Sensei in the OP which is a reference to the prologue in the game.
Wait what, I didn't know that whales are mammals
オジサン (ojisan) - manybar goatfish. From おじさん (oji-san, “middle-aged man”), from the two "middle-aged"-looking barbels on this fish's chin.
I like how they're undirectly showing that Hoshino is actually super intelligent and attentive.
YUUUUUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
We got a big more designs of background students in the anime, nice
Also I'm just now noticing how Shiroko and Serika have 2 pairs of ears.
There is a scene after credits.
Super looking forward to the next episodes.

My weekly report about my progress in the game or something idk:
I pulled Kokona lessgo
May 26, 10:41 AM
Jan 2019
Noa jumpscare wot di hell. Im so happy to see my girl, never expected to see her in the anime so soon 😁
May 26, 11:02 AM

Apr 2022
cant resist the cuteness

MY 100KG WAIFU IS FINALLY HEREEE 😭😭😭😭

BLACK SUIT IS MAKING HIS MOVES.
while playing the game, I knew his OST hit hard, but not this hard.
(Also, listen to his game's OST. It's another banger:
https://youtu.be/glrUDKxsjwU?si=OEasK6mfXbmtNf3E)

this episode, especially the first half, really felt like a calm before the storm.
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
May 26, 11:37 AM
Apr 2013
Gotta love how the anime original episode captures Blue Archive's theme of Youth well. It's one of the stronger episodes imo. Though it does have a sense of foreboding due to Hoshino's own issues.

Also, love the Yuuka and Noa cameo. Noa's appearance here is especially surprising too.
May 26, 1:29 PM
Jun 2021
Episode 8 review: Short summary: Some good shots of sea life some very crappy cgi sea life

Long summary: Is it just me or does anyone else think out of everyone Hoshino should have been the most excited about an Aquarium not Ayane and Serika. Because you know *thats how she reacts in her bond story*

Pros: Sensei. Pushover Sensei and being pressured into buying stuff even though he's broke was sad but it was funny and was in character. Him being worried while also wanting to stay out of the girls ways in the photo scene was really nice. I really liked Sensei this episode. Shiroko confronting Hoshino was good, I don't have much to say about it

Cons: Black Suit's cracks still are the size of saturns rings for some reason. Some lines felt out of character. Out of everyone ironically enough I feel like Shiroko is the one to call tropical fish delicious, Serika is definitely not the one to agree that Hoshino is old man my eyes physically widened when I heard that come out of her mouth, and Hoshino should have been way more excited to go to an Aquarium.

And what I was slightly annoyed about happening happened. They go to an Aquarium and Sensei never has a one on one conversation with Hoshino once. This is exactly what I was worried about, spitting on the l2d like this.

Overall the episode did leave me upset due to l2d personal reasons so other than it was actually pretty ok.
May 26, 3:05 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is great and all, cute/adorable/fun/colorful etc.... but i need more girls attacking eachother
May 26, 4:03 PM

Feb 2019
Weekly dose of cunny secured. Cute and wholesome first half of the episode with the girls on an aquarium trip, but even though it’s supposed to be a happy and relaxing time, you just get a sense of dread that something bad is about to happen with Hoshino.

Ever since we got a tease of her backstory with Yume senpai, it’s just been rough seeing Hoshino so down and hiding it from her friends and sensei. She’s got that classic “I wanna scream for help, but have to be silent” vibe going on.

Difficult position for everyone because you want to respect her autonomy and let her have her own private business, but you’re really concerned seeing someone you care about suffer this way. S/O shiroko for being so concerned tho. Definitely a real friend.

Idk what the whole transfer document and evil looking dude we saw at the end is about, but one things for sure, things are about to change at Abydos.
Marinate1016May 26, 4:45 PM
May 26, 4:32 PM
Sep 2022
Ok i Love this Episode

First one the Aquarium Scene where everyone Abydos with Sensei enjoy they moments and we see many moments of Abydos mostly Hoshino Moments Funny Scenee Cute Hoshino XD but seeing her and her smile like that that

( I don't remember much of the game if we have this Moments of Aquarium with everyone's with sensei or is this just extra they put on episode or just they filled on this episode i don't know it shown on game but if it's not i love this extra they pull moments of Abydos in Anime i check on game later if it has on story later soon if i have time )

And we see now Shiroko seeing Hoshino suspicious lie it's just shown

Next one the one i didn't expect Appearance the Seminar Appearance
Yuuka appear again i didn't expect but im pretty sure

and the one's didn't more expect is the other Seminar Appearance member best of this episode so far her appearance for me ...

like i got surprised and baffled and Happy and Happy noise on my myself haha i got scream on inside

To that member of seminar shown to only to take pictures of Abydos what a way : D

And Nonomi is right everyone have a secret thats it's not always tell to other's even they are your friends... it's pretty normal Nonomi said that but this secret is so important to everyone knows of abydos... but Nonomi don't know thats why she said like that... that normal Response of secret means...

Lastly Sensei suspicious of Hoshino as well that's it's shown but he didn't sure thinking he's only overthinking but when Shiriko shown to Sensei's the Abydos Documents Drop up form he's now sure and Sensei gonna do now some way how he solve this Hoshino problem...

That's all Im Excited for next episode just like Black Suit said its finally coming and begin the trasfer contract cannot be stop we see how it's goes how they animated what will happen on anime and how they gonna applied the material on anime the game : ) ...
RiEnCe051204May 26, 11:25 PM
May 26, 4:41 PM
Aug 2017
This episode is the big turn point how the plot twisted
May 26, 5:17 PM

May 2023
ah happiness and sadness, Hoshino, what is really going on...

Hoshino and her whale plushie are very cute, sensei requires to buy them the things they want in the end.

YUUKAAAAA my cute 100 KG waifu finally appeared, and noa is very cute too.

ahh something big looks like it's going to happen, as usual peak episode.

May 26, 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
When things are going fine and happy with a visit to the aquarium is a signal that it's going to go south soon.

anyway, hoshino transfers is obviously for the sake of the others and abydoss but it's not going to be that simple and there may be a trap there and sensei will find out.
May 26, 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
i really don't remember this part but most of the first vol was a blur to me

but NOA AND YUUKAAA LETS GO BABY

think the biggest shock to me was seeing what looked like a normal mom and her daughter with halos?! always figured it was mostly just animals and robots for civilians besides the mob students
May 27, 1:40 AM

Nov 2023
FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING FISH BREATHING🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟
May 28, 8:49 AM
Jul 2023
I feel like you have to be at least somewhat mentally deranged to be fully entertained by this but who knows maybe playing the game helps the show alot but from my perspective I can't imagine anyone of sound mental capacity getting reasonably excited to watch a new episode of this atm
May 29, 4:52 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to MrBoomTop10Anime
I feel like you have to be at least somewhat mentally deranged to be fully entertained by this but who knows maybe playing the game helps the show alot but from my perspective I can't imagine anyone of sound mental capacity getting reasonably excited to watch a new episode of this atm
@MrBoomTop10Anime Just because you aren't having fun doesn't mean others aren't
what a crazy concept unknown to mankind
May 29, 4:58 AM
Jul 2023
Tiau said:
@MrBoomTop10Anime Just because you aren't having fun doesn't mean others aren't
what a crazy concept unknown to mankind

I did say "who knows" and phrased it as a personal opinion. I don't dislike the show I'm just personally finding it rather bland at the moment.
May 29, 6:48 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Marinate1016
Weekly dose of cunny secured. Cute and wholesome first half of the episode with the girls on an aquarium trip, but even though it’s supposed to be a happy and relaxing time, you just get a sense of dread that something bad is about to happen with Hoshino.

Ever since we got a tease of her backstory with Yume senpai, it’s just been rough seeing Hoshino so down and hiding it from her friends and sensei. She’s got that classic “I wanna scream for help, but have to be silent” vibe going on.

Difficult position for everyone because you want to respect her autonomy and let her have her own private business, but you’re really concerned seeing someone you care about suffer this way. S/O shiroko for being so concerned tho. Definitely a real friend.

Idk what the whole transfer document and evil looking dude we saw at the end is about, but one things for sure, things are about to change at Abydos.
Marinate1016 said:

I feel like any other character would have backed off when Hoshino denied being out early in the morning. Shiroko, however, speaks her mind, frankly and honestly, and seems less bound by any social rules that equate being agreeable with being polite. It seems like a good thing in this kind of situation. ^^
May 29, 9:24 PM

Nov 2009
So this is the chill and happy calm before the raging black storm that's coming...

LOL @ the giant Whale... It's like 3 Hoshino sized.

Tho... Nonomi going "We have no secrets from each other", a few sec later "everyone has secrets they can't tell"... kinda contradicting there. LOL

Time for Sensei to do his job and figure out how to solve this issue.

But... what can Sensei really do? He's a normal human, going up against Angels and Robots that can take hits from a Tank and survive, LOL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 31, 6:04 PM
Sep 2019
Cute aquarium episode. Shiroko tries to delve into Hoshino's hidden thoughts but sensei will take care of it
May 31, 6:17 PM

Jul 2016
Woah, sudden Yuuka appearance out of nowhere. Alongside the "Gomen Yuuka" character. What a surprise.
And of course we have to pretend (just like with Chinatsu's case) that they and Sensei already know each other -.-' man, the decision of not adapting the prologue sure is being this adaptation's biggest mistake.

That aside, it was still a solid episode. SoL scenes were adapted quite nicely.

P.S.: By the way, I recently got Kikyou in the game and only had to spend one 10-recruitment ticket. Lucky me~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 23

46 by Raratah »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

245 by nerfdart1000 »»
7 hours ago

» Sensei, tell us who is your favorite student. ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 17

75 by Zaibrok »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

52 by Penguinu »»
Yesterday, 3:18 AM

» Final Episode Preview (EP 12) - 「ただいま」

Xanek - Jun 21

5 by ada_wibu »»
Jun 22, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.