Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2010 12:29 PM

Feb 2010
Okay so the ending was a bit you know the norm but despite that
this was full metal alchemist when i look at the ending i look at the whole story. it was amazing, i almost choked up a bit. It was just great, everyone goin their separate ways and doing what they wanna do.
Jun 10, 2010 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
Omg. I liked the ending. The only think it was missing was a MustangxHawkeye confession, which does make me a bit (very) angry, but still, he got his vision back, so it's not all bad.

What I loved most was the unbelievably awkward confesion from Ed and Winry.

End of a very good series, that I had over a years of great reading out of. Congratulations Arakawa. I'm eagerly anticipating the next work.
Jun 10, 2010 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE! FMA IS OVER

(Oh wait, I still need to find out how One Piece ends :P)

But seriously, a generic, normal, loose-end tying ending.....JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT. No deus ex villain, no last minute destruction of everything the heroes worked for, just an ending. And that's what we needed. An ending to tie everything up and make everything good at the end (well, I'm not too keen on Pride being alive but whatever. I'm sure they can just get Roy to toast his ass if he goes evil again). I was sad when Hoho-papa died but I think him seeing Trisha again was more important in the long run.

So EdXWin confirmed (AlXMei confirmed too? Awesome) Ling emperor of the world okay Xing then the world :P and Royai....well, that'll get somewhere someday. All in all, a fantastic ending to a masterpiece of a manga. 10/10 Lady Arakawa. I salute you and your storytelling abilities and look forward to your next work. Just take a little time to rest will you?

Last thing: GREED DIED! NOOOOOOOOOO!
Jun 10, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
BatOtaku13 said:
first lost ended and now FMA?! i'm running out of things to obsess over!!

lol i know what you mean >< and next year smallville ends.....

on to the chapter......greed!!! :( you are the only homunculus i actually liked, this chapter made me laugh, smile, and want to cry lol.....that was such a weird way for ed to confess to winry xD and it only made sense for hohenheim to die but it was funny when he said "oh crap, i dont wanna die just yet" lol :)

for those looking for a english version.....http://www.mangareader.net/116-53187-1/full-metal-alchemist/chapter-108.html
suigetsu00Jun 10, 2010 1:06 PM
Jun 10, 2010 12:43 PM

May 2010
Tetradact said:
I'll try to answer your questions
belatkuro said:

But I'm getting confused with the details of this ending though.
How did Ed punch a hole in Father's chest with just his fist?
Was Father just absorbed by the Truth?
How did Hohenheim die, did his stone run out?
If Ed can return from beyond the white space or whatever it's called, why did Mustang say he couldn't do it?
And where did the back door come from?

That is an excellent answer. You are not Arakawa sensei in disguise, aren't you? xD
1. Ed can punch a hole in Father's chest because his body has been pushed to the limit by the God that resides within him. With Greed rebelling against him, turning his legs in to charcoal, this takes up even more of whatever that is left of his Philosopher's Stone. This all took a toll on body, making it extremely fragile. Some suspension of belief is required here.

2. Father was sent back into the Gates of Truth. The Truth guy said that he will be in despair for eternity. Other than that, there is no further elaboration.

3. Hohenheim died because his stone ran out. He already offered it to Ed in order to get Alphonse back saying that it has power for one last human transmutation. Suffice to say that the Stone has nearly been depleted. Taking into consideration the time it took him to travel from Central back to Resembool, the Stone most likely would have been depleted shortly after he visits Trisha's grave.

4. Ed and Al's doors are connected together since they were both sucked into the Truth at the same time. It was stated in the earlier chapters that during the first trip to the Truth, they got a "bit" of each swapped between them, hence Ed being short. Ed can afford to sacrifice his Gate Of Truth for Al because as both of their Gates are connected, he can just exit from the Truth using Al's Gate. Mustang couldn't do that since if he sacrificed his gate for his eyes, he would be stuck in limbo forever without an exit.

That explanation is well done. You are not Arakawa sensei in disguise, aren't you? xD
AzureZelkovaJun 10, 2010 1:16 PM
“My abusive language is alchemized through 40kg of copper, 25kg of zinc, 15kg of nickel, 15kg of ice that keeps my cool, and 97kg of pure spite” - Senjougahara Hitagi

Games Room's badge
Jun 10, 2010 12:44 PM
Jan 2010
I cried.
HARD.
Jun 10, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
Nice Happy end...

Damn. I can not believe this is the end...
Scar help restore Ishbal...
Winry x Ed ^^
Al x May ^^
Lin as emperor... But I had hoped that he would rule with Greed.

Jun 10, 2010 12:54 PM
Aug 2009
Tetradact said:

belatkuro said:

If Ed can return from beyond the white space or whatever it's called, why did Mustang say he couldn't do it?
And where did the back door come from?

4. Ed and Al's doors are connected together since they were both sucked into the Truth at the same time. It was stated in the earlier chapters that during the first trip to the Truth, they got a "bit" of each swapped between them, hence Ed being short. Ed can afford to sacrifice his Gate Of Truth for Al because as both of their Gates are connected, he can just exit from the Truth using Al's Gate. Mustang couldn't do that since if he sacrificed his gate for his eyes, he would be stuck in limbo forever without an exit.

Besides Mustang needs alchemy and it's power if he wants to become fuhrer (in the future) and help Ishbalans (and he doesn't want to be useless ;D).
I just looooooved Scar's pony tail. xD
Ling doesn't get to be immortal emperor - yay for his sons! ;]
Jun 10, 2010 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:
. Ed is a giant now, look at the height difference when he hugged her xD.

Maybe alchemy was stunting Ed's growth? xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 10, 2010 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
Manly tears were shed.....

Thank you Arakawa-sensei, for giving us an amazing story with incredible characters. This will go down as one of the greatest, most original shounen ever.

Thank You for making me believe that it is still possible to make great stories.

I will miss FMA very much, the end was great, the epilogue could've been better but for me I enjoyed the journey as much as I did the destination.

To all Mangaka: Get a pen and paper and write some notes down, THIS IS HOW MANGA SHOULD BE DONE!!!
Jun 10, 2010 1:14 PM

May 2010
In any other series, I would've found the "cliche epilogue" style of this chapter incredibly infuriating. But... with FMA being what it is, and just how much all the characters had to suffer, I couldn't be any happier that everyone got a good ending. These characters really deserve some peace out of any other cast I've seen. Not to mention, a lot of the endings she thought up for the characters were really creative. (Like Yoki's circus, pffft.)

Though, agreeing with some of you guys... more Roy and Riza would've been nice. ;___; akdsfjkafds I MEAN REALLYYY, don't they deserve more of a conclusion than that?! Wasn't expecting anything like a make-out session, but at least a significant nod to the couple would've been appreciated.

But other than that, I think I'm satisfied with how everyone turned out. EdWin was to be expected, and though it's not my favorite pairing, the way Arakawa executed it was so freaking adorable and so true to their characters that I can't complain. And how AlMei was implied but not directly stated. For those two, I like how she kept that open-ended, since I don't mind whether they're romantic or not. (Awww, Mei turns out so pretty!!)

Also, that interaction between Ed and his dad, where he finally acknowledges him as his father. That was one scene that REALLY got me, I can't even word it. kldajfkdsfadsf

I'm going to be honest, it didn't draw out as many intense emotions from me as I thought it would! I wasn't bawling or anything. And I do think that all of those events seemed a little bit cramped, even within the span of ~100 pages. However, I do feel really satisfied and at peace with how that ended, and frankly, I can't imagine being as happy with the ending any other way.
ICON (c) here
Jun 10, 2010 1:17 PM

Jul 2009
In some ways I loved it, in others I thought it was a bit generic. Greed's ending was definitely perfect but I thought Father died a bit too easily (Who knows maybe it'll look better in the anime). My biggest gripe is with how Ed got Al back, that seemed like a big cop-out (and the "I don't need alchemy, I've got friends bla bla" was typical shounen bull) but I though the exchange between Hohenheim and Ed as father and son was great. Hohenheim's death was done perfectly, it was so sad. I was a bit disappointed Ed and Winry didn't kiss but I guess this is a shounen adventure and not a romance manga. Overall, I thought it was good but not awesome.
Jun 10, 2010 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
A beautiful end for a beautiful manga.
Jun 10, 2010 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
i am so happy with how it turned out! i think the ending was very nicely done, but i was so sad! Oh how I cried. Al is so handsome as well! ;D

But I can't believe it's actually over! I miss it already!
;D
Jun 10, 2010 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
After reading - calmly- the english scanlation, I'm starting to like the ending a bit more. It's a happy one, a bit generic, but the characters deserved it after all that happened. Still sad there's not much about Roy and Riza xD

I'm going to miss this series so much. It was fun while it lasted. :')
Jun 10, 2010 1:26 PM

Jun 2009
vindemon64 said:
I'm a little disappointed with how little there covering some of the other major characters (i.e., Roy, Riza, Izumi, etc.) but I guess it was okay.

It was great, but I also missed these characters a bit.
So I agree with it, too:
mooglebot said:
Omg. I liked the ending. The only think it was missing was a MustangxHawkeye confession, which does make me a bit (very) angry, but still, he got his vision back, so it's not all bad.

Except I'm not (very) angry because of it... It's something that's left for the fans' imagination...whether Mustang and Riza are togehter or not. I want to belive they are. XD ^^ But still I wanted to see them a bit more...T_T

What I loved most was the unbelievably awkward confesion from Ed and Winry.
Yeah, seeing them was so sweet! And I'm happy that Al decided to go to Xing to study with Mei. ^^

I thought Hohemheim'll die while "rescuing" Al's body, but I liked this idea more!
Other good point is that Grumman is the Fuhrer and not Mustang. :) (Even if Mustang is my favourite character, I think it's better so.)

Overall I think it was a great ending and story. I already miss it...
asx-niciOct 1, 2011 5:43 PM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 10, 2010 1:27 PM
Apr 2010
WOW...I Totally dislike animation adaptations (Don't hate i still watch :) of comics But in this case the animated version might actually be better.
The Way Father Died was IMO way to easy,after a sum 10 chapters of pwnage.
Little Selim reborn was cute i must say >.<
All in all this is the typical ending i knew would happen.

Waiting for her next work!
Jun 10, 2010 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
FMA is finally over too...good ending
Jun 10, 2010 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
Decent ending. A little too happy. One of the first manga I've ever read finished... Feels weird man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Jun 10, 2010 1:36 PM

Mar 2010
Awesome ending
Jun 10, 2010 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
I'm surprised that it ACTUALLY ended, it just seems like a big time shounen like FMA would go on forever.

This is only the 12th manga that I have finished.....out of 50!!

Even though I'm sad about FMA ending, I'm happy the way it was done, no BS, no ridiculous last minute hax, just very good story telling.
--ALEX--Jun 10, 2010 1:52 PM
Jun 10, 2010 1:43 PM
Jun 2010
alexcampos said:

I will miss FMA very much, the end was great, the epilogue could've been better but for me I enjoyed the journey as much as I did the destination.

^I feel the same. When I first read ch 107, I was blown away at the part when Al used alkahestry to exchange his soul for Ed's arm. I thought that was very fitting and epic.

So upon reading 108, it did feel more like just tying loose ends together. But I enjoyed it nevertheless, I still wished some parts could have been fleshed out more (such as Royai) and even though I did expect the AlxMei pairing...it could have been done better? D: I'll still miss FMA though...since it was one of the few major mangas I've been faithfully following.
Jun 10, 2010 1:58 PM

Nov 2009
smurfdude said:
Feels weird man.

Yeah, but the generally happy ending feels good, man.

*cough*

Ok, ignore my last posts. I mainly had a "oooh look at the pictures" thing.

Now that I've read the full chapter, cleaned and translated...

... I'm not crying, but DAMN do I feel like it! T_____T

The only bad is that Izumi, Roy and Riza needed more screentimepagetime. I mean, such important characters and only 2-3 pages in the final chapter...?

Arakawa, you BETTER make a gaiden/omake/whatever. Or else I'll eat burgers to take my revenge. (...get it? she's a cow... burgers are made out of meat... said meat belongs to cows...)

Still, this is a perfect end for a perfect series.

Hiromu Arakawa-san, I love you.

Bye-bye, FMA... I only learned about you 7 months, started to like you 5,5 months ago and started reading the manga 4 months ago, but I will miss you. *waves tissue*

~ <3
Jun 10, 2010 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
FMA's end was awesome...I also liked the edwin part

epic manga is epic!
Jun 10, 2010 2:11 PM

Oct 2008
I can't believe i'm saying this . I seriously can't believe it . But the edxwin scene at the station was one of the most adorable things i've ever seen/read/heard/witnessed :)
and this is coming from someone who hates romance in anime :)
i'm glad they didn't kiss though :)
Jun 10, 2010 2:16 PM

Jan 2008
This was a decent ending. I was fairly satisfied with what I was given. Although it's not 100%, it's not left open either. I makes you wonder what the future's going to hold for everyone, but you're pretty sure everything will work out in the end.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 10, 2010 2:24 PM
Aug 2008
Last page sounded like Arakawa-sensei have already plan for next manga, what do you think?
Jun 10, 2010 2:27 PM
Sep 2007
What a fantastic journey.
Jun 10, 2010 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
Great ending of great manga. I will remeber FMA for very long.
Jun 10, 2010 2:28 PM

Oct 2008
@kagepaul ^seriously . . We never know what that woman is upto :) a fantastic mind :)
Jun 10, 2010 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
The happy ending doesn't bother me at all, seeing as they've pretty much been through hell. That said, it was an amazing ride, I will miss you FMA.
2DeehJun 10, 2010 3:05 PM
Jun 10, 2010 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
NOOO IT ENDED! :'(
Jun 10, 2010 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
cnaw said:
@kagepaul ^seriously . . We never know what that woman is upto :) a fantastic mind :)

Maybe an FMA spinoff???

like a story about Xing?
Jun 10, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
FUCK YEA EPIC END. Just needed to get that out of my system. Now I'm gonna wait/wish for Adventures of Alphonse Elric, because cmon, we have seen enough of Ed for a while...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 10, 2010 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
Great Story. One of the best I've ever read. Amazing.
Jun 10, 2010 3:05 PM

Jan 2008
DX I'll miss you, FMA... Thank you for so many great years... T^T
Jun 10, 2010 3:12 PM
Dec 2009
i am very satisfied with the ending except for the lack of RoyxRiza. fantastic series
Jun 10, 2010 3:19 PM

Jul 2007
Great Ending.

10/10

NOthing else can be said. We can only appreciate the perfect ending to this perfect manga.
Jun 10, 2010 3:20 PM

Apr 2009
K, so I gave in and read FMA, and if the Anime ends like that, FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
It didn't even have a drill and it was perfect.
Jun 10, 2010 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
Epic.
Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa.
Jun 10, 2010 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
A bit generic? Maybe, but after all the things these two brothers and everybody else had to go through, I would actually be dissapointed it things hadn't ended like they did in the end. Beautiful ending in every sense, and special mention to Hohenheim's last words.

The only bad part is the empty feeling it left knowing that such a great work has finally come to an end. Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed.
Jun 10, 2010 3:40 PM

Nov 2009
Best manga ever made. Or at least until Arakawa-sensei creates another... :P
Jun 10, 2010 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
kleeny said:
NOOO IT ENDED! :'(

^This.

Some things still a bit sketchy but I guess it's hard to pull so many characters end life in one chapter.
Jun 10, 2010 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Dammit what a great manga. Arakawa Sensei Banzai!!

Great ending to a great series. Edward really matured as the series progressed and in the end the toll which he payed to bring Al back was awesome. Hoheinheim was a great character till the end. Loved everyone's future versions especially Elric brothers with their wives and kids in the end :D and Ling and Mustang
Jun 10, 2010 3:57 PM

Jul 2009
I can't belive it's all over!!!:o
The ending was bitter-sweet; lovevly ending, yet I didn't want it to end.:P

The author is one tallented lady, she did state she'd do more work, yet she has set the bar really high for her next series.
Still, I look forward to it.;)

I'd actually like to see more into Izumi's story, aswell as Hoenheims 400 year adventures.

Jun 10, 2010 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
T_T it finally ended. but i liked it =] fma will always remain as one of my fav manga
Jun 10, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
The end was truly amazing.

The only thing that could have made it better was more Armstrong and Mustang + Riza.

I am sad to see such a great series come to an end. But at least Arakawa ended it on such a high note. It'll be hard to fill FMA's shoes.

Jun 10, 2010 4:05 PM

Oct 2009
This was a great journey, a really exciting one).
Jun 10, 2010 4:07 PM

Mar 2009
This was a perfect ending for an amazing manga, but I can't believe this is "The End", you know? I felt like I wanted to cried at some parts (especially when Hohemhiem wanted to sacrifice himself to bring back Al) and I'm happy that EdxWinry got to happen in the very end and when it shows that they had kids and also when Roy had a chance to get his eyes back. Thank you,Arakawa-san, for this very good story and this wonderful ending :3 .
Jun 10, 2010 4:19 PM

Feb 2009
*Sets Fullmetal Alchemist manga to "Completed"*

*cries a little inside*

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.