Which one do you prefer?
Death Note
64.4%
Cowboy Bebop
35.6%
73 votes
Apr 17, 7:09 AM
Mar 2021
I prefer Death Note by a landslide. Cowboy Bebop was okay though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

Feb 2020
Death Note is better in my opinion. I have re-watched it many times.
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

Jan 2009
death note since i like some death penalty in fiction
Apr 17, 7:15 AM

Sep 2016
Cowboy Bebop because it's the Anime version of the awesome Firefly TV series.
ZarutakuApr 17, 7:29 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 17, 7:18 AM

Sep 2018
Death Note is leagues better in plot and characters.
Apr 17, 7:20 AM

Jul 2007
I suppose, if you cut out the entire second half of Death Note, you can pretend it's nearly half as good as Cowboy Bebop.
Apr 17, 7:22 AM

May 2019
Death Note is my preferred of the two.
Apr 17, 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
I haven't finished Cowboy Bebop but from what I've seen death note better
Apr 17, 7:30 AM

Nov 2021
Cowboy bebop because it has better characters, music, aesthetics and visuals, i’d give 1 point to death note because of its plot though but vibe of Cowboy bebop is unmatchable, it’s all time classic.
Apr 17, 7:31 AM

Dec 2018
They have different genres and themes, but I prefer Death Note, because sci fi is far from my taste.
Apr 17, 7:45 AM

Aug 2020
Rewatched both. Death Note's better. Bebop still class tho.
Apr 17, 7:50 AM

Mar 2012
Death Note by a long shot, I loved Death Note but dropped Cowboy Bebop because it was boring.
Apr 17, 9:08 AM

May 2018
Random X vs random Y?
This is not your personal blog. If you want to compare two absolutely different and unrelated things just because you feel like it, do it on your profile page.

Apr 17, 9:19 AM

Jun 2019
Definitely Cowboy Bebop considering the fact that I dropped Death Note several episodes into it whereas Cowboy Bebop I completed and it's a 7/10-tier series for me.

I found the pacing and approach taken in Death Note just atrocious and incredibly rushed-seeming.
Apr 17, 9:32 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Nemo_Niemand
Random X vs random Y?
This is not your personal blog. If you want to compare two absolutely different and unrelated things just because you feel like it, do it on your profile page.
@Nemo_Niemand i just thought the same hahaha
Apr 17, 10:34 AM

May 2018
Reply to BaronLukis
@Nemo_Niemand i just thought the same hahaha
@BaronLukis I mean, how would the forum look like if everyone just started creating threads like "Which is better, Chio-chan's School Road or Ef a Tale of Melodies?" or "Has anyone watched Gang-aji Ttong?"
Nemo_NiemandApr 17, 11:07 AM

Apr 17, 10:51 AM

Aug 2018
Really random comparison, but ok lol. I think Death Note is a great thriller that very rigidly follows a set of rules that govern how the characters act and plays around with it really well. For the amount of twists and turns in the show, it rarely really forced me to suspend my disbelief which is just impressive considering the amount of shit that happens in the show. If you accept it for what it is, then it’s an amazing experience. It unfortunately falters in the last 12 episodes tho. Bepop is very consistent throughout and arguably gets better as it goes along, with the ending being one of my favorites. So Bepop is better overall imo
Apr 17, 11:02 AM

Mar 2024
I perfer Death Note. I dislike Cowboy Bebop.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 17, 3:01 PM

May 2018
Cowboy Bebop encapsulates the best aspects of 90s anime and the best of studio Sunrise was capable at the time.

The best way to experience Death Note is on manga form. The direction of Tetsurou Araki made the anime unwatchable cringe mess for me...also they rushed the second part and added some nonsense to the story.
Apr 17, 4:30 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Nemo_Niemand
@BaronLukis I mean, how would the forum look like if everyone just started creating threads like "Which is better, Chio-chan's School Road or Ef a Tale of Melodies?" or "Has anyone watched Gang-aji Ttong?"
@Nemo_Niemand But if we look into all post created, i´ve seen worst ones, i can assure you xD
Apr 17, 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
Still have to watch Cowboy Bebop. Seems like a genuine goated anime but somehow never sit down and actually watch it...
Apr 18, 1:30 AM

Apr 2011
I prefer Death Note, even though its third part is crap.

Cowboy Bebop is OK, I prefer Samurai Champloo.
Apr 18, 1:32 AM

Aug 2012
Probably Cowboy Bebop. If Death Note didn't screw up after L's death it'd be closer but those last episodes were so bad I actually ended up dropping the anime. Which is a shame cause everything up until then was peak.
Apr 18, 1:38 AM

Oct 2020
Cowboy Bebop is better, excels in nearly every category in comparison to Death Note.
Apr 18, 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Sigma-
Really random comparison, but ok lol. I think Death Note is a great thriller that very rigidly follows a set of rules that govern how the characters act and plays around with it really well. For the amount of twists and turns in the show, it rarely really forced me to suspend my disbelief which is just impressive considering the amount of shit that happens in the show. If you accept it for what it is, then it’s an amazing experience. It unfortunately falters in the last 12 episodes tho. Bepop is very consistent throughout and arguably gets better as it goes along, with the ending being one of my favorites. So Bepop is better overall imo
Sigma- said:

Same and agreed as I've seen both, so by that logic, Cowboy Bebop has the edge vs Death Note in this poll thread (whatever you call it).
Apr 18, 1:44 PM

Aug 2012
Death Note pre ep 24 (whatever episode it occurs) > Cowboy Bebop > Rest of Death Note
Apr 18, 1:45 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together?

Oshieteoshiete4 - 10 hours ago

17 by Rhae »»
24 seconds ago

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

7 by Rhae »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

44 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - Apr 28

45 by dreamingneon »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think 3-episode reviews are valid?

GoatPieceLuffy - 5 hours ago

24 by ST63LTH »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.