Forum Settings
Forums

Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 7:55 AM

May 2016
Youtube anime recommendation videos
Mar 29, 7:56 AM

May 2016
Reply to MasterTasuke

Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?

SUPER-DIMENSIONAL FORTRESS MACROSS... by proxy of it's mid-80's US/WORLD Localization, "ROBOTECH"

a Nephew got me started by Happenstance when i was a young boy... giving me this transformable model kit
of the principal poster boy Mecha from the series;

half a dozen years on, - in my middle-teens -
my dad got me this smaller-scale, non-transformable model of the same Mecha, in one of it's three transformation modes;

in 1996, i began to find dual-episode ROBOTECH VHS Cassettes at my local mall's "SUNCOAST VIDEO"

in the same year, i found my very first Anime Magazine at SUNCOAST...
which piqued my interest so hard that it was a one-way road to OTAKUdom for me from thence onward;

[URL=https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ll310/shaorin-chan/Patlabor-Animerica-October-1996-Cover.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
@MasterTasuke Respect my Macross fans
Mar 29, 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
By stumbling upon it on an anime torrenting site. I think it was Hyperdimension Neptunia.
Mar 29, 1:05 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to Hoff1221
Netflix! I watched naruto and bleach growing up and I was just on netflix and I just randomly decided to watch an anime on netflix! So I watched deathnote(my fav) and thats when I truly got into anime
@Hoff1221 Hee that's interesting, first time I've heard someone started anime from Netflix. Cool story ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 29, 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
I went to various anime review sites and read reviews of highly-rated anime, and it sounded really interesting.
Mar 29, 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
From watching cable television in Canada during the 1990s and 2000s.
Mar 29, 1:43 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to Otakupervert890
Steins;Gate/Grisaia/Ben-To/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S and high school dxd was when I brought them to build my collection end up becoming annual rewatch for the dear place they hold in my heart.

Hibike Euphonium/No Game No Life/High School of the dead/Gabriel Dropout/New Game/Ryouuo no Oshigoto and Sakura Quest just usual binging but end discovering gold that those still hold a place today.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata was in my first weekly seasonal I still remember watching the last episode on the way to work in the autobus with tear in the eyes but how much I just loved my time with the characters.

Neptunia discovered because of a meme end up becoming a hard supporter of the franchise afterward. To this day I still pre order every single release on console for the franchise and also brought again the franchise on Steam. Have the series twice (limited edition and essential) plus all regular edition for the games.
@Otakupervert890 Ooh interesting, you still loyal to many of your favorite series. Thanks for sharing story about your favorites ^.^

Mar 29, 1:51 PM

Jan 2021
I found mine on youtube by an anime reviewer.
Mar 29, 2:21 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to kurayamiberkay
i dont have a favorite anime but one anime is very special for me and it is my first anime in a same time i saw a one video of to love ru 5 year ago i was 13 when i saw it and i clicked it i saw momo devluke and i thougth she is preety then i watched it yeah my first anime was echi but i liked it so much then i start to watch anime
@kurayamiberkay To Love Ru was your gateway into the world of anime eh? That's interesting :D

Mar 29, 2:25 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to inim
I'm a list addict, the one i found most favorites on is Uber Elitist Club's Plebs list. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png
@inim I like how a list which was supposed to deter the club's member from watching it actually made you into watching and even liking one of it :)

Also I thought Elitist pleb list is just every anime which isn't LOGH and few others :D

Mar 29, 2:29 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to Dumb
I watched Bocchi after a long anime break because I wanted to hate on it since it looked like it was just another comedy pandering to losers..

But it’s love for music and great characters made me love it
@Jailed Hehe interesting, entered negatively and exited positively.

I tried Bocchi thinking it was probably 6/10 at most and just overhyped one but it was indeed better than I thought ^.^

Mar 29, 2:32 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reply to LoveLikeBlood
Oh, it's a pretty weird story, actually. I didn't have much internet access when I was a kid, but I was into anime regardless and would buy pretty much any DVD I thought looked interesting, especially since anime DVDs were something of a rarity in South Africa. Bought a copy of Ghost in the Shell and it had a trailer for End of Evangelion. I thought it looked cool but I kinda memory-holed it for a year or two until I found a second hand copy of Death and Rebirth at an outdoor market by the beach. The guy selling them told me it was a great series and that it’s a must for anyone into anime so ended up picking it up. I was 15 at the time, around Shinji's age.

I ended up watching it the very next morning and, while it was obviously a condensed recap, I was awestruck by a lot of the bizarre imagery and the dark, morose themes and subject matter. Ended up watching the full show a couple of months later and fell head over heels. It's been more than 10 years and I've yet to see something that resonates in the same way.
@LoveLikeBlood That was nice reading of your experience. Bless that DVD seller for recommending something you end up loving ^.^

Mar 29, 2:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i was told about AIKa in 2004 and despite not being able to watch it, i instantly fell in love with the screenshots/promo images lol
Mar 29, 3:03 PM

Jan 2021
My friend recommended it to me

He told me it was about a psychopath who kills people with writing their names in the notebook and that it has 300 episodes (idk how he came up with that), so I had to watch it

Imagine my surprise after episode 37 and finding out there is no season 2...
Mar 29, 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
It isn't too hard to find anime on the Internet btw. The Internet is filled with it.
Mar 29, 6:57 PM

Jun 2017
Saiki K - I randomly watched it on Netflix! Actually I didn't want to watchbit at first because I thought it was Neo Yokio and heard bad things about it. Not sure why I started watching it, eventually the idea of "short episodes" also sounded bad to me. But I gave it a shot and absolutely adored getting through it.
Mar 29, 7:37 PM

May 2018
I was bored, cruising around netflix, when I came across a little show called hunter x hunter
GO DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 29, 7:46 PM

Aug 2021
now that i thinka bout it idek how it just happened lolll
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 7:54 PM
Apr 2014
Re:zero was one of many shows I watched weekly during its cours.

But it wasn't until I watched the Directors cut (to hype up for S2) that I really appreciate how goated this show was to me.

This led to me to rewatch Higurashi and watch steins gate for the first time as all 3 of them covers time travelling as a nightmarish thing and they were absolutely crazy with it.
Mar 30, 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
by watching TV back then instant favs.
Mar 31, 12:09 AM
Jun 2016
thanks to yahoo answers I discovered golden time and sakurasou, that was in 2015
Mar 31, 12:35 AM

Mar 2013
YouTube algorithm, I guess. Many years ago I stumbled upon the Black Hanekawa tongue twister and got hooked.

Legend of the Galatic Heroes, which my second favorite, was MAL's fault. And Neoreactionary Twitter.

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Mar 31, 4:22 AM

Oct 2020
It was either through MAL or randomly scrolling for anime that peaked my interest.
Mar 31, 4:52 AM

Nov 2014
My fav is Hunter x Hunter, it was recommended to me by my older brothers who grew up watching it. Back then, I had no taste for old anime, but I finally gave it a try and absolutely loved it. The 1997 version had a different ambience and aesthetic that cannot be found in the 2011 version. Gosh, I absolutely miss that retro animation style it had. So nostalgic.
Mar 31, 7:10 AM

Feb 2022
I watched it with my now-fiance (long distance bf at the time) when he came over to see me one cold winter (and when he made me into a full woman, so to speak). It was incredibly romantic, I suppose because the feelings expressed in the Air movie were very similar to the cascade of love and sentimentality I was going through with him at the time. I was beyond inexperienced with those feelings, so I suppose that just made them feel way stronger too. I can still vividly remember the day, the way he held me, the cold winter night, the way we both embraced tightly, the kisses he left on my lips... Many things. It's one of my happiest memories. Air was the most perfect thing we could've watched at the time, it was the perfect piece of art that reflected the tenderness that we both felt for one another then (and that we now feel tenfold). It was truly beautiful. As I'm writing this I'm kind of tearing up, however funny that sounds. Now it serves as a wonderful reminder of that night, and it incites even more love in me for him than any other piece of art could (his own art obviously being an exception to this). Sometimes that feeling, that memory feels suffocating in the best way imaginable. Not only is Air by itself beautiful, but it's now forever a piece of who I am thanks to that experience. I love it and I love the person that introduced me to it eternally. It was and is beautiful, and forever will be for me.

I need to watch the series soon, but only when the time is right...
Mar 31, 7:10 AM

Jan 2022
Violet Evergarden - mentioned and praised by someone in Discord
Mar 31, 7:36 AM

Sep 2021
Through osmosis, at some point you hear from it, watch it and get attached.
Mar 31, 9:05 AM

Nov 2017
I first read the manga at my school library, so it was easy to get into the anime adaption
Mar 31, 10:31 AM

Mar 2021
One piece from a trailer that was released alongside that 1 hr dbs ultra instinct special on youtube
Jojo from a youtuber's random references in his vids and gameplays
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

74 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

32 by Kenzolo-folk »»
11 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

76 by Bandulf »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
15 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.