Forum Settings
Forums

Re Zero s3 censorship confirmed on 2 characters

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 7:33 PM

Aug 2020
Hahaha, post #32 has to bee the biggest cope and delusion I've seen on this site to date.
Keep scrolling
Mar 26, 7:35 PM

Sep 2015
Censorship generally is case by case, but if I had to choose, I'd prefer no censorship.

However, in this particular case, the postcensorship design looks better and more comfortable to look at.
Mar 26, 8:25 PM

Sep 2020
I am not interested in oversexulised loli. Anime design looks little bit better.
Mar 26, 10:27 PM

Jun 2020
It’s good censorship nobody wants to see little girls half naked bruh
Mar 26, 11:46 PM

Feb 2018
Since OP didn't include the before and after, let me showcase the actual changes:
Now, as someone who read the novels, (though my memory of arc 5 is a bit fuzzy) I will say the most unpopular opinion on this matter thus far— I like the top girl's changes as it fits her better, plus it's more creative (though sadly not by much) than the black bikini combo the novel's artist tends to do. BUT I don't like the bottom girl's change, though the reasoning behind it is a spoiler.

Regarding the top girl, it gets pretty annoying to see how often the artist draws a bikini later down the story (see Shaula for minor spoilers) and calls it a day. This is a fantasy setting, there's so many different ways to illustrate an outfit, yes, even a lewd one. A bikini design takes me out of the story because it feels too modern, which is not this show's setting. Plus, this girl's story seems to be fitting that she'll focus slightly more on modesty, especially compared to the second girl, so I actually like this change.

Now regarding the bottom girl, I know others will point out that she's also wearing a bikini, so how come I'm mad at the change? Well that's because
Now, I do think an outfit change from a modern bikini is a must to make the story more believable to the setting, but she has to still be lewd. This adaptation sadly doesn't seem to match that character description.

Lastly, people do know that other characters became MORE lewd compared to their previous incantations, right? Like, Emilia's breast size is bigger and her chest is more revealing than before, (which I'm indifferent to). Compare this:

To this:

There's a few other characters who show more skin and/or heavier cleavage from the candidates for the throne this time around. So really, a mixed bag of redesigns were made.
Mar 27, 4:22 AM

May 2021
Reply to foxsurprise
Since OP didn't include the before and after, let me showcase the actual changes:
Now, as someone who read the novels, (though my memory of arc 5 is a bit fuzzy) I will say the most unpopular opinion on this matter thus far— I like the top girl's changes as it fits her better, plus it's more creative (though sadly not by much) than the black bikini combo the novel's artist tends to do. BUT I don't like the bottom girl's change, though the reasoning behind it is a spoiler.

Regarding the top girl, it gets pretty annoying to see how often the artist draws a bikini later down the story (see Shaula for minor spoilers) and calls it a day. This is a fantasy setting, there's so many different ways to illustrate an outfit, yes, even a lewd one. A bikini design takes me out of the story because it feels too modern, which is not this show's setting. Plus, this girl's story seems to be fitting that she'll focus slightly more on modesty, especially compared to the second girl, so I actually like this change.

Now regarding the bottom girl, I know others will point out that she's also wearing a bikini, so how come I'm mad at the change? Well that's because
Now, I do think an outfit change from a modern bikini is a must to make the story more believable to the setting, but she has to still be lewd. This adaptation sadly doesn't seem to match that character description.

Lastly, people do know that other characters became MORE lewd compared to their previous incantations, right? Like, Emilia's breast size is bigger and her chest is more revealing than before, (which I'm indifferent to). Compare this:

To this:

There's a few other characters who show more skin and/or heavier cleavage from the candidates for the throne this time around. So really, a mixed bag of redesigns were made.
@foxsurprise
foxsurprise said:
she represents the sin archbishop/witch's sin of lust. She's described in the novel as someone who likes to shapeshift to the most sexy woman imaginable and she's very horny.
Now, I do think an outfit change from a modern bikini is a must to make the story more believable to the setting, but she has to still be lewd. This adaptation sadly doesn't seem to match that character description

This i slightly disagree with (i say slightly cuz i haven't read the LN yet), i think sometimes people confuse sexy with lewed or use them interchangebly, while they can definitely overlap, they're still 2 different things

You mention Capella representing lust and that's why she should be lewed, but take Lust from FMA for example, she's not lewed, but she is sexy
As for Capella's lewedness, i don't think it's impossible to showcase that on screen exclusively with her behaviour rather than needing the aid of a lewed outfit

Now Emilia's character design change... i mean, Emilia was 17 (elf years) at the start of the series, so it's not inconceivable that her boobs can still grow over time (though that is a very big growth spurt), that aside, this brings another question to mind...

This thread is full of people complaining about Liliana's OG character design sexualizing a kid character, yet they don't bother to do some actual research on the characters, or they would realize Emilia (late teens) is actually younger than Liliana (early 20s), but it's ok for Emilia to have giant knockers, but Liliana has to cover up her boobs cuz they're small
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 27, 4:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DigiCat
@KittenCuddler The hell did you get that idea from???
@DigiCat What do you want from a person who directly boasts that they are "woke"?
Mar 27, 4:26 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Otakupervert890
@RobertBobert which series suffered from this?
@Otakupervert890 It was a rather local manga in the style of Katawa Shoujo about how even people with disabilities can become idols. The publisher canceled it because they thought it might be perceived as fetishized by Western audiences.
Mar 27, 4:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@DigiCat What do you want from a person who directly boasts that they are "woke"?
@RobertBobert I dunno lol

Just wondering what the hell in this thread could've given someone that impression

I enjoy doing psychological analisys of people and characters
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 27, 4:29 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Otakupervert890 It was a rather local manga in the style of Katawa Shoujo about how even people with disabilities can become idols. The publisher canceled it because they thought it might be perceived as fetishized by Western audiences.
@RobertBobert So... the western audience who screams about wanting representation, that disablep people should have equel opportunities (the latter rightfully so), ended up indirectly getting a series about disabled people following their dreams to become idols cancelled... yeah humanity is doomed xD
Mar 27, 4:34 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DigiCat
@RobertBobert So... the western audience who screams about wanting representation, that disablep people should have equel opportunities (the latter rightfully so), ended up indirectly getting a series about disabled people following their dreams to become idols cancelled... yeah humanity is doomed xD
@DigiCat I haven't read the manga, so I can't say whether the fears were justified. But I was really confused that you could cancel the publication of the manga due to fears of the wrong reaction of people in the USA.
Mar 27, 5:13 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Dumb
Jailed said:

Re:Zero fans want to!
That's why they're complaining of the design change on every platform.
Also the top post in the last seven days on the subreddit is about Emilia's boobs size...
Mar 27, 5:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DigiCat
@RobertBobert I dunno lol

Just wondering what the hell in this thread could've given someone that impression

I enjoy doing psychological analisys of people and characters
@DigiCat Well, there are quite a lot of people like that. And they genuinely don't understand when they are criticized for praising and supporting what other people would perceive as moral panic-driven censorship or attempts by Western moral guards to control content from other countries. It is especially symbolic that the character designer himself called this a sad limitation, but such people see something good in it.
RobertBobertMar 27, 5:23 AM
Mar 27, 7:04 AM
May 2021
I do not think there is any problem with that, they need to do so to make the show for more audience and higher view count.
Mar 27, 7:23 AM

Aug 2020
Sjw crying tears of happiness just rn

Mar 27, 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
"Trying to reach a global audience" is demographic engineering, not bloody censorship. Censorship is when an artist wants to do something but is prevented by some more powerful organisation. Learn what words mean, you censorship-crying idiots.

I am generally against demographic engineering. But I don't try to pretend it's censorship.
Mar 27, 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to logopolis
"Trying to reach a global audience" is demographic engineering, not bloody censorship. Censorship is when an artist wants to do something but is prevented by some more powerful organisation. Learn what words mean, you censorship-crying idiots.

I am generally against demographic engineering. But I don't try to pretend it's censorship.
@logopolis So, when a studio restricts the design of new characters from the original LN, and the anime's character designer directly admits this, for fear that it will negatively affect the foreign audience of the show, this is not censorship, but simply "demographic engineering"? Doesn't sound like any kind of censorship at all.
Mar 27, 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
This is weird verbal manipulation. It's like you're deliberately ignoring that a studio might censor something in the belief that it will help increase their audience.

IF this is the case, IF the director wanted to have them one way but was vetoed by the money guys, THEN if that comes to light, we can call it censorship. But you don't accuse people of something just because you don't know they're not doing it. I can't prove you're not an arsonist, for example. Should I therefore accuse you of being an arsonist? Of course not.
Mar 27, 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
foxsurprise said:
Regarding the top girl, it gets pretty annoying to see how often the artist draws a bikini later down the story (see Shaula for minor spoilers) and calls it a day.

Fantasy clothing tends to be based on old cinema but there is some real world examples on why it isnt actually far from reality in any way. I could probably find more examples but...

4th century CE Rome

First century CE Pompeii

Tomb of Nakt 1419-1372 BCE Egypt

1700BCE Egypt
Mar 27, 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to logopolis
RobertBobert said:
This is weird verbal manipulation. It's like you're deliberately ignoring that a studio might censor something in the belief that it will help increase their audience.

IF this is the case, IF the director wanted to have them one way but was vetoed by the money guys, THEN if that comes to light, we can call it censorship. But you don't accuse people of something just because you don't know they're not doing it. I can't prove you're not an arsonist, for example. Should I therefore accuse you of being an arsonist? Of course not.
@logopolis So, if I was an arsonist, but tried to justify it with some kind of “reasonable” and “good” intention, would I stop being an arsonist? This is actually the crux of your argument. As far as I understand, you are following the modern trend of denying self-censorship as a phenomenon, which is quite alarming to me, since it is increasingly used to justify putting pressure on creators.
Mar 27, 8:08 AM
Apr 2014
Reply to logopolis

@logopolis https://twitter.com/sw_8a6u/status/1772118011207696668
Not here to argue, but this is by definition censorship, it is to comply with other nations broadcasting laws.
Mar 27, 8:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to velvetnyan
@logopolis https://twitter.com/sw_8a6u/status/1772118011207696668
Not here to argue, but this is by definition censorship, it is to comply with other nations broadcasting laws.
@velvetnyan That's it. Because essentially the creator self-censors their content in order to achieve the opportunity to broadcast it in countries with stricter legislation than in his own country. The simple fact is that censorship is an obviously emotionally charged word with an objectively negative connotation, so people often try to find ways to replace it with something more neutral-sounding.
Mar 27, 8:13 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@logopolis So, if I was an arsonist, but tried to justify it with some kind of “reasonable” and “good” intention, would I stop being an arsonist? This is actually the crux of your argument. As far as I understand, you are following the modern trend of denying self-censorship as a phenomenon, which is quite alarming to me, since it is increasingly used to justify putting pressure on creators.
[/quote]So, when a studio restricts the design of new characters from the original LN,[/quote]

Sorry, "restricts" a design? What does that actually mean? I have never heard of the concept of a "restricted" design.

@RobertBobert I think you're getting confused. I'm saying you need to demonstrate that a more powerful authority is using their power to prevent artists from doing what they want to do, in other words, you need to find some censorship since that's what the word actually means, before complaining about censorship.
Mar 27, 8:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@velvetnyan That's it. Because essentially the creator self-censors their content in order to achieve the opportunity to broadcast it in countries with stricter legislation than in his own country. The simple fact is that censorship is an obviously emotionally charged word with an objectively negative connotation, so people often try to find ways to replace it with something more neutral-sounding.
@RobertBobert

If the designs are indeed being changed to comply with broadcast laws somewhere, then congratulations, you can call it censorship now.

That's all I'm asking. Find censorship, THEN AND ONLY THEN complain about censorship.
Mar 27, 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to logopolis
[/quote]So, when a studio restricts the design of new characters from the original LN,[/quote]

Sorry, "restricts" a design? What does that actually mean? I have never heard of the concept of a "restricted" design.

@RobertBobert I think you're getting confused. I'm saying you need to demonstrate that a more powerful authority is using their power to prevent artists from doing what they want to do, in other words, you need to find some censorship since that's what the word actually means, before complaining about censorship.
@logopolis It means what it means. The studio censored the character designs to make them look more conservative.

No, I'm not confused. All I do is oppose situational add-ons that are used to try to replace an obviously negative word with a more neutral and acceptable one for argumentation. As I noted above, you continue to essentially deny the idea of ​​self-censorship, stating that when an artist limits himself in a forced situation, this is simply a “commercial move.” Why do you think creators can't self-censor their content for commercial reasons?
Mar 27, 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@logopolis It means what it means. The studio censored the character designs to make them look more conservative.

No, I'm not confused. All I do is oppose situational add-ons that are used to try to replace an obviously negative word with a more neutral and acceptable one for argumentation. As I noted above, you continue to essentially deny the idea of ​​self-censorship, stating that when an artist limits himself in a forced situation, this is simply a “commercial move.” Why do you think creators can't self-censor their content for commercial reasons?
@RobertBobert Who is getting censored by the studio? Who wanted the character designs to be different to how they ended up?
Mar 27, 8:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to logopolis
@RobertBobert Who is getting censored by the studio? Who wanted the character designs to be different to how they ended up?
@logopolis This was an act of self-censorship in an attempt to fit within the desired foreign broadcast restrictions. This kind of thing is the most common form of censorship in Japanese media, and many Japanese authors have been vocal for years that the Japanese industry is moving toward the need to censor itself out of a desire to please Western networks and licensees. For example, a couple of months ago, the producer of the Yakuza series tried to justify the censorship of a number of things at the production stage in the same way.
Mar 27, 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
Genuinely why does anyone care about this? It is pretty awkward to have characters with childlike designs wearing extremely sexual clothing so I can understand the decision to tone it down a bit. The censored designs don't look that bad and are pretty natural looking. I wouldn't be able to tell that the designs were altered just by looking at them. If y'all are really butthurt about a child not dressing incredibly sexually.... what is wrong with you? No wonder the average person thinks the anime community is full of pedophiles
@LSSJ_Gaming
Clothing isnt inherently sexy, a person wearing it being sexy is what can make it sexy but what is sexual behaviour outside of actual sex also is not anything inherent. There is nothing inherently sexual about the human body especially if lacking in the secondary sexual characteristics department.

Going by comparison. Changing of a hip hugging cut bikini like shorts to a different kind of shorts messes up how it flows with the angular design of the thigh highs while the top is too much causing a less balanced design. And those brown spandex bicycle shorts are ugly and out of place to point it looks like a big brown censor bar. Changing the idk what it is called lets go with shawl harem pants, from see through to solid i could see how that potentially makes it harder for animators to keep proper form or they would have to draw legs that never get shown so wasted effort that goes unnoticed. The bikini top to tank top isnt too bad for in itself but the design is very bland looking.
Mar 27, 9:10 AM

May 2021
Reply to logopolis

@logopolis But... the artist was likely prevented by the studio to achieve demographic engineering
Mar 27, 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@logopolis This was an act of self-censorship in an attempt to fit within the desired foreign broadcast restrictions. This kind of thing is the most common form of censorship in Japanese media, and many Japanese authors have been vocal for years that the Japanese industry is moving toward the need to censor itself out of a desire to please Western networks and licensees. For example, a couple of months ago, the producer of the Yakuza series tried to justify the censorship of a number of things at the production stage in the same way.
@RobertBobert
Corporate censorship with profit motive isn't true self censorship. True self censorship is when the censorship has artistic intention as being the superior form of the creator.
Mar 27, 9:21 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to traed
@RobertBobert
Corporate censorship with profit motive isn't true self censorship. True self censorship is when the censorship has artistic intention as being the superior form of the creator.
@traed The character designer for this season of the anime almost explicitly implied that they were forced to fit the characters within these constraints in order for their series to be purchased for broadcast by a number of countries. In the sense that it was not something like "we want to get more money", more like "we must limit ourselves so as not to lose potential income. Also, I want to refute the argument about loli, one of them is a 22-year-old petite oriental woman a dancer, and the rest a "demon" of lust. So their image conveys their nature, and is not meant as a means of attractiveness.
Mar 27, 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
I'm a male over 18 yo and generally I'm against censorship (especially when it comes to gore and brutal stuff, looking at you Tokyo Ghoul and Akudama Drive) but in the case of Re:Zero S3, I agree with the censorship

Both of the characters showcased clearly fall in the loli territory, and their original outfits are rather... skimpy, which isn't really appriopriate for characters that look like they're 12-13 at most.
I don't condemn the OG outfits even if I don't like them (after all I love Made in Abyss despite the author's...inclinations towards children) but I'm pretty sure (well, no, I'm 100% sure because we're on the Internet) there are already a lot of NSFW fanarts about those two characters
Mar 27, 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
This was an act of self-censorship in an attempt to fit within the desired foreign broadcast restrictions.

You say the foreign broadcasters. You say the studio. You say the self. (Of whom? The character designer? The director?) You seem to have no idea who you think is censoring whom. I think you just use "censorship" to mean "adding more clothing". I reckon if the character design had less clothing but the circumstances were otherwise identical, you would not think it was censorship.

DigiCat said:
But... the artist was likely prevented by the studio to achieve demographic engineering

That is (1) speculation and (2) not censorship. That's trying to satisfy as many customers as possible. Was it censorship for Majokko Meg-chan to add fanservice aimed at male viewers in search of cross-demographic appeal?

RobertBobert said:
The character designer for this season of the anime almost explicitly implied...

You can't explicitly imply something. Implication is by its very nature implicit.
Mar 27, 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to logopolis
RobertBobert said:
This was an act of self-censorship in an attempt to fit within the desired foreign broadcast restrictions.

You say the foreign broadcasters. You say the studio. You say the self. (Of whom? The character designer? The director?) You seem to have no idea who you think is censoring whom. I think you just use "censorship" to mean "adding more clothing". I reckon if the character design had less clothing but the circumstances were otherwise identical, you would not think it was censorship.

DigiCat said:
But... the artist was likely prevented by the studio to achieve demographic engineering

That is (1) speculation and (2) not censorship. That's trying to satisfy as many customers as possible. Was it censorship for Majokko Meg-chan to add fanservice aimed at male viewers in search of cross-demographic appeal?

RobertBobert said:
The character designer for this season of the anime almost explicitly implied...

You can't explicitly imply something. Implication is by its very nature implicit.
@logopolis Dude, I'm not going to play word games. You understand perfectly what I want to say and I understand perfectly what you want to say. So please don't start a debate about how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle.

@Damuzen No, not only are these fairly minor adult characters that will only appear in the new season (one of them is a 22 year old girl, and the other is just a skinny demon of lust, who as tall as Subaru), but also as a fan of the series, I can assure you that 95% of the ReZero NSFW fan content is dedicated to much more mature looking characters. In general, neither ReZero nor Made in Abyss is in any way sexualized shows, so I don't quite understand why you put such a big emphasis on it, even making it more problematic for you than overt brutal and bloody violence.
RobertBobertMar 27, 10:56 AM
Mar 27, 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
not even Hero Rei nor Rev says desu made videos complaining about this supposed "censorship", and they are usually among the first to do so when it comes to anime censorship.
the new designs look fine. i still don't see the issue.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Mar 27, 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@logopolis Dude, I'm not going to play word games. You understand perfectly what I want to say and I understand perfectly what you want to say. So please don't start a debate about how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle.

@Damuzen No, not only are these fairly minor adult characters that will only appear in the new season (one of them is a 22 year old girl, and the other is just a skinny demon of lust, who as tall as Subaru), but also as a fan of the series, I can assure you that 95% of the ReZero NSFW fan content is dedicated to much more mature looking characters. In general, neither ReZero nor Made in Abyss is in any way sexualized shows, so I don't quite understand why you put such a big emphasis on it, even making it more problematic for you than overt brutal and bloody violence.
RobertBobert said:
Dude, I'm not going to play word games. You understand perfectly what I want to say and I understand perfectly what you want to say.

I mean, my understanding is precisely that you don't like me pointing out the word game which you and others are playing.
Mar 27, 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DreamingBeats
not even Hero Rei nor Rev says desu made videos complaining about this supposed "censorship", and they are usually among the first to do so when it comes to anime censorship.
the new designs look fine. i still don't see the issue.
@DreamingBeats And they have to make a video about this literally on the same day? This news story is a couple of days old, while they are both busy with the issues of vitubers and SBI.

UPD. To prove it, Rev literally released the video today.

@logopolis Me and others? At the moment, you are the only one persistently promoting in various ways the thesis that self-censorship does not exist and that you cannot censor for profit. You couldn’t even resist and tried to cling to my wording about “implied”, although you perfectly understood what I meant.
RobertBobertMar 27, 3:09 PM
Mar 27, 11:19 AM

May 2021
Reply to Damuzen
I'm a male over 18 yo and generally I'm against censorship (especially when it comes to gore and brutal stuff, looking at you Tokyo Ghoul and Akudama Drive) but in the case of Re:Zero S3, I agree with the censorship

Both of the characters showcased clearly fall in the loli territory, and their original outfits are rather... skimpy, which isn't really appriopriate for characters that look like they're 12-13 at most.
I don't condemn the OG outfits even if I don't like them (after all I love Made in Abyss despite the author's...inclinations towards children) but I'm pretty sure (well, no, I'm 100% sure because we're on the Internet) there are already a lot of NSFW fanarts about those two characters
@Damuzen Really don't understand the "they look 12-13" logic

You are basically saying that Liliana (the first character) should not dress skimpily because she looks young, even though she is a 22yo adult (i don't mention Capella since her age is unknown)

Yet, when i was 13-14, i had a classmate that looked like Uzaki-chan (yes i am reffering to 2 very specific assets), so by your logic, it's ok for her to dress skimpily just because she looks a lil older than she is? The answer to that is obviously NO! She is still a 13-14yo kid and it would be inapropriate for her to dress like that regardless of what her body proportions are
Mar 27, 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DigiCat
@Damuzen Really don't understand the "they look 12-13" logic

You are basically saying that Liliana (the first character) should not dress skimpily because she looks young, even though she is a 22yo adult (i don't mention Capella since her age is unknown)

Yet, when i was 13-14, i had a classmate that looked like Uzaki-chan (yes i am reffering to 2 very specific assets), so by your logic, it's ok for her to dress skimpily just because she looks a lil older than she is? The answer to that is obviously NO! She is still a 13-14yo kid and it would be inapropriate for her to dress like that regardless of what her body proportions are
@DigiCat Just think of characters like MaoMao, who is quite petite, has a love interest twice her size, and was raised in a brothel. Does this mean this show is promoting lolis? I doubt. Also, can we use the same logic to say that shonens with short male protagonists also promote shotas? And given male standards of appearance and the nature of battle shonens, they show skin much, much more often.
Mar 27, 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@traed The character designer for this season of the anime almost explicitly implied that they were forced to fit the characters within these constraints in order for their series to be purchased for broadcast by a number of countries. In the sense that it was not something like "we want to get more money", more like "we must limit ourselves so as not to lose potential income. Also, I want to refute the argument about loli, one of them is a 22-year-old petite oriental woman a dancer, and the rest a "demon" of lust. So their image conveys their nature, and is not meant as a means of attractiveness.
@RobertBobert
You sure are jumping through semantic hoops here. You dont lose profit when the profit is yet to be made so it is making more money. I am saying I understand the reason but I dont agree with the sentiment. Also i dont see the evidence of it even being factually true.
traedMar 27, 12:21 PM
Mar 27, 12:18 PM

Nov 2021
Censorship in anime will always be trash, but the second season of Re:Zero was trash so at least it fits the direction of the series.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 27, 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to traed
@RobertBobert
You sure are jumping through semantic hoops here. You dont lose profit when the profit is yet to be made so it is making more money. I am saying I understand the reason but I dont agree with the sentiment. Also i dont see the evidence of it even being factually true.
@traed No, I literally described why they did it. But if you prefer to just throw vague accusations, that's up to you.
Mar 27, 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@traed No, I literally described why they did it. But if you prefer to just throw vague accusations, that's up to you.
@RobertBobert
What accusations? I stated pure facts and nothing was vague. (Im actually not sure what version of my post you responded to i edit my posts a lot and didnt see you replied yet)
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to traed
@RobertBobert
What accusations? I stated pure facts and nothing was vague. (Im actually not sure what version of my post you responded to i edit my posts a lot and didnt see you replied yet)
@traed To call your personal opinion “pure facts” and refer to it as an argument, not to mention when it is just an opinion, and not any objective arguments, is simply pathetic. Second, no matter what your intentions, censorship is still censorship. Attempts to somehow justify this by talking about benefits or intentions simply in this case serve as attempts to justify it in the eyes of other people.
And yes, you won't have any trouble finding screenshots of the character designer's tweets. I understand that it is now popular to immediately shout about the lack of evidence in order to stall for time, but this is simply pointless. So sorry, you'd better direct these vague accusations of semantics to yourself.
Mar 27, 12:34 PM

Apr 2012
@animegamer245 The character designer literally mentioned this in his tweets when people started complaining and asking him questions en masse.

Mar 27, 12:34 PM
Oct 2017
If it doesn't have an effect on the story then I'm fine with it. I guess you could say I'm neutral.
Mar 27, 12:36 PM

Mar 2008
@animegamer245
What are you even basing this on?

A big part of anime profits is international market for some series, while others are nearly purely domestic. Vast majority of people in Japan like anime and manga culture even if they arent well involved in it themselves only a tiny 5% feels no pride in it.

The 71st survey on reading by the Mainichi Shimbun, carried out from July to September this year, also found that those who feel a sense of pride about manga and anime as Japanese culture greatly outnumbered those who didn't feel pride at 5 percent, and those who didn't have any interest in it at 29 percent.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20171026/p2a/00m/0na/004000c

The only place conservatives play a role is with that Tokyo ordinance that in effect bans certain topics and themes and scenes. It doesnt really have anything on specific character designs per say as far as im aware.
https://www.grimoireofhorror.com/the-yurei/2010s-tokyo-metropolitan-ordinance-on-health-development-of-youth/
Mar 27, 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@traed To call your personal opinion “pure facts” and refer to it as an argument, not to mention when it is just an opinion, and not any objective arguments, is simply pathetic. Second, no matter what your intentions, censorship is still censorship. Attempts to somehow justify this by talking about benefits or intentions simply in this case serve as attempts to justify it in the eyes of other people.
And yes, you won't have any trouble finding screenshots of the character designer's tweets. I understand that it is now popular to immediately shout about the lack of evidence in order to stall for time, but this is simply pointless. So sorry, you'd better direct these vague accusations of semantics to yourself.
@RobertBobert
You should reread my post slowly. Your comprehension is lacking. It isnt even opinion differences I was pointing out you were arguing on semantics of "lose profit" versus "make more money".
Mar 27, 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
@animegamer245 None of these characters are lolis. But even if we admit it, are you still going to ignore the fact that the person responsible for this directly refers to other countries?

@traed Sorry, I don't have time for "no, you!" arguments. Especially when they imply that I don't accept someone's point of view just because I don't get it.
Mar 27, 12:43 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to RobertBobert
@animegamer245 None of these characters are lolis. But even if we admit it, are you still going to ignore the fact that the person responsible for this directly refers to other countries?

@traed Sorry, I don't have time for "no, you!" arguments. Especially when they imply that I don't accept someone's point of view just because I don't get it.
@RobertBobert
Is something troubling you? Because I have no idea how that is what you got out of what I said.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

10 by _ATG_ »»
1 minute ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

20 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

56 by Spunkert »»
7 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

20 by DigiCat »»
33 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

11 by Avicebrons »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.