Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 8:31 AM
Aug 2013
I personally do not think we possess free will. If we did, there would be no will to oppose ours. I simply am not able to do whatever I want, whenever I want. We do not even control our own thoughts so I'm unable to see how we'd possess free will. I feel like we have the illusion of control. We think we're in control of our own actions, but ultimately we're just puppets.
Mar 24, 8:37 AM

Sep 2016
Before the "Yes" flood arrives, I'm gonna call @BigBoyAdvance in here =)

Edit: Many people are convinced that the ability to make a decision proves the existence of free will, but under the rational theory that the decision-making process entirely depends on a given state of particles ruled by natural laws and perhaps random quantum events, the procedure and outcome of that process is not free.

ZarutakuMar 24, 2:56 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 24, 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
Your will is free with limitations but your ability to act on it is even more restricted.
Mar 24, 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
even if free will is an illusion its a good illusion to have and maybe part of positive illusions like illusion of control

science says there is chaos and randomness so none determinism concepts like that give way to free will
Mar 24, 8:56 AM

Jan 2022
You are correct. "Free will" is a nonsense word made to brainwash people into coping with life, in other words, your lack of a free will is what makes you believe in having a free will.
Mar 24, 8:58 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to deg
even if free will is an illusion its a good illusion to have and maybe part of positive illusions like illusion of control

science says there is chaos and randomness so none determinism concepts like that give way to free will
@deg If everything is random, that's actually more proof that we do not possess free will. After all, it's all random. How could we?
Mar 24, 9:01 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to purple_rayn
@deg If everything is random, that's actually more proof that we do not possess free will. After all, it's all random. How could we?
@purple_rayn random in the sense that we do not know the future for sure so we decide on limited information and thus gives us different choices or free will i guess but there is still cause and effect at play so randomness is not extreme
Mar 24, 9:51 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Intelligence is a curse, not a blessing. As a highly intelligent person, I don't share tastes with majority of anime or vidya game enjoyers. It's truly a sad place to be in. When surrounded by a world of ignorant happy-go-lucky people, you become lonely and dejected. You become overly cynical and secretly jealous of the normies. You have no place where you truly belong. You are destined to be alone with your own thoughts. It takes time to come to terms with the reality. It takes time to start feeling comfortable with yourself. You know that you can never become as blissfully ignorant as the headless majority of the population. So the only thing left for you is to embrace yourself. Embrace your hobbies and lose yourself in them.

I am cursed. I've figured out free will doesn't exist in my early 20s. Because of that, I no longer feel remorse for my life failures, nor do I feel pride in my achievements. Why would I feel bad about my failures if I know that I don't have free will? Why would I be proud of doing something that's in no part my own result?

How do I know that free will doesn't exist? Does a robot that's been programmed to process external stimuli (coming in the form of audiovisual and gyrometric feed) and respond accordingly to its programming, have free will? Obviously no. Does a CPU in your PC have free will? No, it doesn't even though it is built to perform smart tasks. Do balls on a billiards table move according to their free will? No, they act according to laws of physics. But you might say "analogies are not logical arguments", and you are correct. I showed you those analogies so you better understand the similarities between what happens in a human being and what happens in the dead matter outside of living beings.

Humans are no different from dead matter. We are a collection of particles that move and interact according to the laws of physics. You might say that "humans are different, because we have an immaterial part we call "soul" that allows us to be different from the dead physical world and allows us to be good people". But you are wrong. It's very easy to prove we don't have soul. Get drunk, consume some drugs, get injected by doctors with chemical substances, get a neurological treatment to your head, get a radiomagnetic treatment to selected parts of the brain, or sustain an injury. All of those actions will completely change the way you think and act. If soul existed, it would prevent us from performing evil acts. It would act as a correction mechanism for when the physical world inside our brains leads us to commit a sin. But there is nothing that prevents us from doing those atrocious things that we do. There is no soul inside of us. We are simply puppets dancing around to the tune of the laws of physics. Our civilization exists only because the laws of physics are unchanging and we've figured out to a great degree how the world operates. The fact that you're using a PC to post stupid messages like "I have free will ez gg no re ohio gyatt rizzler" is all thanks to our understanding of the laws of physics. All the medicinal knowledge, practices and drugs are so reliable thanks to our understanding of the physical world inside us humans. We've even established some basic understandings of the human brain, such as which areas of the brain get activated during certain thought processes. We understand what thinking is - it's a very chaotic and incredibly fast and complex exchange of electrical signals in the brain. We know the process of synapse activation. We understand the chemical cascade of events that lead to a neuron sending a signal. We know how certain hormones and other chemicals affect the activation and propagation of electrical signals in the brain. We know that those substances change the thinking process, since they change the signal propagation status. Sure, we don't understand everything about our brains. But everything we've understood leads to the same answer - there's no soul inside of the brain. There's no supernatural powers going on that allow us to be "human". We are only a very complicated mess of matter and interactions between those pieces of matter. And all the knowledge the collective of humanity has accumulated leads us to an undeniable fact, that everything physical in this world is ruled by the laws of physics. It doesn't matter if the laws of physics are deterministic or not, since we have no concious control over the outcome of a hypothetical probabilistic outcome of wave function collapsing into a definitive state. We are slaves to the laws of physics. We're here just for the ride.

Why does the society not teach us in school that we don't have free will? It's a very simple answer, actually. A great portion of the society would become unproductive and uncooperative if they were taught there's no free will. It's easier to build strong nations and to control people if they believe they have a choice. Also, there's no danger of people figuring this out on their own. Only the top few percentage of people will ever analyze the world around them enough and figure out that free will doesn't exist. Only the analytical types who see patterns and piece observations together will notice that the world flows according to absolute rules, and that human beings are not any different from the outside world. It takes a certain level of self-distancing from one's ego in order to accept this reality. But as I'm a very analytical and logical person who rarely operates on emotions, I was able to do it. You, as a most likely emotional person, will most likely have a knee-jerk reaction to this post. But I can't blame you. It's just a natural reaction from your brain. You were just built this way. The visual information in this post will get processed by your brain in a certain way, and the most common outcome is denial. When faced with information that turns your entire world view upside down, denial is the common response. But hopefully, over time you will start to notice how humanity's prosperity comes as a result of the infallible nature of the laws of physics, and how there's no claims to believe we are any different from the physical world around us.
Mar 24, 10:07 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
Intelligence is a curse, not a blessing. As a highly intelligent person, I don't share tastes with majority of anime or vidya game enjoyers. It's truly a sad place to be in. When surrounded by a world of ignorant happy-go-lucky people, you become lonely and dejected. You become overly cynical and secretly jealous of the normies. You have no place where you truly belong. You are destined to be alone with your own thoughts. It takes time to come to terms with the reality. It takes time to start feeling comfortable with yourself. You know that you can never become as blissfully ignorant as the headless majority of the population. So the only thing left for you is to embrace yourself. Embrace your hobbies and lose yourself in them.

I am cursed. I've figured out free will doesn't exist in my early 20s. Because of that, I no longer feel remorse for my life failures, nor do I feel pride in my achievements. Why would I feel bad about my failures if I know that I don't have free will? Why would I be proud of doing something that's in no part my own result?

How do I know that free will doesn't exist? Does a robot that's been programmed to process external stimuli (coming in the form of audiovisual and gyrometric feed) and respond accordingly to its programming, have free will? Obviously no. Does a CPU in your PC have free will? No, it doesn't even though it is built to perform smart tasks. Do balls on a billiards table move according to their free will? No, they act according to laws of physics. But you might say "analogies are not logical arguments", and you are correct. I showed you those analogies so you better understand the similarities between what happens in a human being and what happens in the dead matter outside of living beings.

Humans are no different from dead matter. We are a collection of particles that move and interact according to the laws of physics. You might say that "humans are different, because we have an immaterial part we call "soul" that allows us to be different from the dead physical world and allows us to be good people". But you are wrong. It's very easy to prove we don't have soul. Get drunk, consume some drugs, get injected by doctors with chemical substances, get a neurological treatment to your head, get a radiomagnetic treatment to selected parts of the brain, or sustain an injury. All of those actions will completely change the way you think and act. If soul existed, it would prevent us from performing evil acts. It would act as a correction mechanism for when the physical world inside our brains leads us to commit a sin. But there is nothing that prevents us from doing those atrocious things that we do. There is no soul inside of us. We are simply puppets dancing around to the tune of the laws of physics. Our civilization exists only because the laws of physics are unchanging and we've figured out to a great degree how the world operates. The fact that you're using a PC to post stupid messages like "I have free will ez gg no re ohio gyatt rizzler" is all thanks to our understanding of the laws of physics. All the medicinal knowledge, practices and drugs are so reliable thanks to our understanding of the physical world inside us humans. We've even established some basic understandings of the human brain, such as which areas of the brain get activated during certain thought processes. We understand what thinking is - it's a very chaotic and incredibly fast and complex exchange of electrical signals in the brain. We know the process of synapse activation. We understand the chemical cascade of events that lead to a neuron sending a signal. We know how certain hormones and other chemicals affect the activation and propagation of electrical signals in the brain. We know that those substances change the thinking process, since they change the signal propagation status. Sure, we don't understand everything about our brains. But everything we've understood leads to the same answer - there's no soul inside of the brain. There's no supernatural powers going on that allow us to be "human". We are only a very complicated mess of matter and interactions between those pieces of matter. And all the knowledge the collective of humanity has accumulated leads us to an undeniable fact, that everything physical in this world is ruled by the laws of physics. It doesn't matter if the laws of physics are deterministic or not, since we have no concious control over the outcome of a hypothetical probabilistic outcome of wave function collapsing into a definitive state. We are slaves to the laws of physics. We're here just for the ride.

Why does the society not teach us in school that we don't have free will? It's a very simple answer, actually. A great portion of the society would become unproductive and uncooperative if they were taught there's no free will. It's easier to build strong nations and to control people if they believe they have a choice. Also, there's no danger of people figuring this out on their own. Only the top few percentage of people will ever analyze the world around them enough and figure out that free will doesn't exist. Only the analytical types who see patterns and piece observations together will notice that the world flows according to absolute rules, and that human beings are not any different from the outside world. It takes a certain level of self-distancing from one's ego in order to accept this reality. But as I'm a very analytical and logical person who rarely operates on emotions, I was able to do it. You, as a most likely emotional person, will most likely have a knee-jerk reaction to this post. But I can't blame you. It's just a natural reaction from your brain. You were just built this way. The visual information in this post will get processed by your brain in a certain way, and the most common outcome is denial. When faced with information that turns your entire world view upside down, denial is the common response. But hopefully, over time you will start to notice how humanity's prosperity comes as a result of the infallible nature of the laws of physics, and how there's no claims to believe we are any different from the physical world around us.
@BigBoyAdvance A little edgy, but I agree with everything you said. No free will. Analogies actually do work as an argument, by the way.
Mar 24, 10:14 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to purple_rayn
@BigBoyAdvance A little edgy, but I agree with everything you said. No free will. Analogies actually do work as an argument, by the way.
Analogies only work as arguments against dumb people. A logical person understands that analogies are not arguments. Analogies exist to strenghten an argument by showing parallels between concepts and situations. They don't exist as a proof method.
Mar 24, 10:35 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Yes even u can free will to do anything include killing random people ofc with DWYOR

Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
I don't believe in free will, in the sense that the world seems to be deterministic, ie, we make decisions based on things, instead of just randomly. Making decisions is just a physical process, so I don't see why this wouldn't be the case. I don't see any reason to believe that there is some kind of extraphysical entity like a soul or something that would give you free will. I don't really see that as a bad thing though, because I would rather make decisions based on things that have already happened.

I'm not religious, but I don't believe in free will in that sense either. I know that at least in Christianity, people are supposed to have free will so that they can choose to love God or sin or ect., but if God is omniscient and created us based on this super-elaborate plan, I wouldn't call that free will either because he already knows everything and any decision you could make has already been essentially predetermined.
Mar 24, 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
Depends on what type of fictional media you enjoy. If you like watchmen or dune then its preety deterministic, if you like jojo or asoiaf then its a mix of both

What I am saying is that there is no way to know. So in that case, what you believe is your reality.
Mar 24, 1:36 PM

Dec 2015
Freedom ends with the beginning of someone's else freedom.

And Free Will isn't doing everything you want, even in the wikipedia the first sentence says it:

"Free will is the notional capacity or ability to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded."

Fact of choosing the possible actions, no matter if other are prohibited by laws of physics, by human laws, by any other forces is a free will.

If free will would be "doing everything you want" than there would be way more people who would do a "Special Operations" which would kill many people or other living beings just because they wanted to go out and make a killing rampage.
Mar 24, 1:44 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to Zettaiken
Freedom ends with the beginning of someone's else freedom.

And Free Will isn't doing everything you want, even in the wikipedia the first sentence says it:

"Free will is the notional capacity or ability to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded."

Fact of choosing the possible actions, no matter if other are prohibited by laws of physics, by human laws, by any other forces is a free will.

If free will would be "doing everything you want" than there would be way more people who would do a "Special Operations" which would kill many people or other living beings just because they wanted to go out and make a killing rampage.
@Zettaiken I mean, even under that description, I would argue we do not possess free will. I cannot choose between multiple courses of action unimpeded. Our subconscious mind prevents this.
Mar 24, 1:54 PM

Oct 2022
Of course free will exist.

purple_rayn said:
I simply am not able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.
That's a bad way of showing no free will exist. "I can't turn myself into an apple of my own accord, thus free will doesn't exist." No that's stupid.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 24, 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to purple_rayn
@Zettaiken I mean, even under that description, I would argue we do not possess free will. I cannot choose between multiple courses of action unimpeded. Our subconscious mind prevents this.
@purple_rayn You can, many people can when it comes to possible stuff cause obviously flying is not an action available to us.

I would say that the choices which are available to you or someone else and yet is not chosen are the choices discarded by fear, cowardness, laziness or any other of our negative/positive traits. [depends on context and scenerio if negative or positive]

A brutal example, a possible choice is action to hurt yourself in any way, most people wouldn't choose that action because of their fear against the pain or death [depending on the wound] but there are people who would choose it.
Subconscious in I think all or majority of situation isn't even kicking in to stop us from an action, it just warns us if we're chosing something which is potentially a threat/dangerous for us, the exception is breathing/blinking/other natural movements of body [or organs or whatever else I don't know how to categorise it] a human being can't stop breathing/blinking permamently on their own.
Mar 24, 5:32 PM

Jul 2021
I thought we possessed free will once, until the pool ladder vanished.

Mar 24, 11:24 PM

May 2021
In a practical sense, the appearance of free will is great enough that you shouldn't be going into a depressive episode over it. Generally speaking though, it is irrelevant, all that matters is that the human condition produces beautiful and aesthetic things. But I do think the scientifically inclined (and perhaps I could count myself a such) should stop using apparently infallible and highly revered scientific phenomena as mathematical axioms to draw logical conclusions, a priori, about philosophical notions. This is discipline bleed that leads people to believe they can make proven statements (rather than generally accepted theory) about notions that are possibly beyond human perspective or understanding.
Mar 25, 8:48 AM
Oct 2023
Only when you have some control over the situation. A lot of the times, free will is about who will hire me instead of who do I want to work for. Or should I wear black or brown today.
Mar 26, 3:47 PM

Mar 2020
I'd say no. First off all, every decision you make, you make in order to achieve happiness.

A: Why do you go to school?

B: To get a good paying job.

A: Why do you want a good paying job?

B: To afford a nice house and good food.

A: Why do you want a nice house and good food?

B: To live well.

A: Why do you want to live well?

B: To be happy.

I obviously simplified it. No matter what you do, the end goal is always happiness.

Second of all, you technically cannot decide anything. I like to play badminton. I cannot decide to just hate badminton from now on. No matter how hard I try.

"Then I'll will destroy my phone, something I value very much, to prove that we have free will." Ok, but why do you want to prove me wrong? Why is that desire so strong that you go as far to destroy your phone? The point is, every decision you make is caused by something you cannot control.
💀😭😂🙏
Mar 28, 11:18 PM

May 2013
Thinking about this right now actually. It is haunting me currently.

If free will is an illusion then what happens to accountability?

I don't like the idea of not having power over this right now. It feels like if it was truly an illusion then the poor decisions I have made in the past were just going to happen and if that is true I don't know what to think anymore. Like one genesis bad decision caused a domino effect leading to more but the genesis wouldn't have been free will either so it was all a snowball effect.

And if we are all puppets as OP implies this makes me feel so hollow about all this.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 28, 11:27 PM

Dec 2016
Lol. Yes, the cosmos has conspired to make you a mindless drug addled coonsumer. It isn't your world, your country, your culture, your home, your family, or even your life. You will own nothing and be happy.

I think people confuse free will with learned helplessness and powerlessness.
SoverignMar 28, 11:44 PM
Mar 28, 11:31 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
If the definition of free will is "not having anything to oppose you" then it relies on those around you not having free will. Which doesn't make any sense. If this were the case, then people who oppose you are doing so, not because they have their own moral compass, and experience, but simply to oppose you. from having free will. But that's not what free will is, free will is owning your own thoughts and mind and taking responsibility for your own life. What you are describing would be the opposite which is nihilism.

What about the puppetmaster? Is he the only one with free will? Or does he not have free will either? What makes him any different?

People have free will. They get discouraged by those around them, but those people also have free will, which means that they think and act in the way that is in their self interest.

@_Nette_ I think to believe in concepts like "humans don't have free will" and "nothing matters" it exists exclusively to avoid accountability for their actions.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 28, 11:41 PM

May 2013
@DreamWindow

I've noticed alot of things pop up as a means to avoid accountability and that too is scary. Like if these ideas exist for that purpose and they are being proposed as healthy concepts to believe or entertain then that is awful.

I want to be more optimistic about these things though. Believe in humanity and all that jazz.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 29, 12:41 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Catsoupfan2001
In a practical sense, the appearance of free will is great enough that you shouldn't be going into a depressive episode over it. Generally speaking though, it is irrelevant, all that matters is that the human condition produces beautiful and aesthetic things. But I do think the scientifically inclined (and perhaps I could count myself a such) should stop using apparently infallible and highly revered scientific phenomena as mathematical axioms to draw logical conclusions, a priori, about philosophical notions. This is discipline bleed that leads people to believe they can make proven statements (rather than generally accepted theory) about notions that are possibly beyond human perspective or understanding.
@Catsoupfan2001 I generally agree with what is said in this post.

However, if free will seems to exist to you, or is somehow possible, then it ought to exist unless proven not true by some-super-duper-advanced insightful discovery into the way the human mind operates. Where that discovery may posit a factual statement that everything for an individual is determined (or something like that.)
And even if everything in an individual's life is determined (as might be discovered in a future study by someone or something,) then that shouldn't matter too much in the way humans today ought to behave because 1. We'd probably already be used to it , and 2. It's at such a high level that it might go beyond some human comprehension or ability to deal with. Like, if I said that: the object you placed right now (if you did) at a certain spot is based on the fact that X number of chemical reactions in your brain led up to this point because of Z number of events and Y types of events in the past influenced your chemical reactions to react a certain way... then that's like (going back to the top sentence), some-super-duper-advanced stuff.

That being said, I believe free will does indeed exist. And almost definitely, viewing it as free will vs not free will (or determinism) is probably not the 'correct' perspective on this matter since that seems too simplistic.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Mar 29, 12:56 AM

Apr 2023
I read a book "Metro 2033" that gave me an interesting insight on free will, fate, etc.

Can we believe in fate? A lack of free will and that everything is already determined? Maybe it is both, that's the way I choose to see things. Say you have the free will to make one's decisions and 'be your own man'. Say the world acts in a certain way that causes your actions, which you know you will take in a certain way, to unfold in an often predictable manner. If this can be so accurately predicted, isn't that your own personal fate? Sure, the world can work it's own weavings upon you, and things are so often left up to pure chance, but the ways we live can be frequently determined by how we have lived. I believe in many moments in life fate is in effect, yet your choices and thus free will has brought to to where fate/determinism said it always would.

The book is worth a read, one because it's a fun book and two because the philosophy is much better explained there. Polyanka Station has been on my bucket list for years now because of that scene.

Additionally, the whole "atoms/quantum mechanics" argument is dismissible in my mind solely because it is fucking boring and lets people give up. And being cynical is ugly.
Mar 29, 1:52 AM

Jul 2021
Sounds like a skill issue, I can clearly make choices.
Unfortunately they are usually bad choices.
Mar 29, 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
We have free will, but it's not absolute and it's met with a lot of limitations and boundaries of different kinds (i.e. natural ones, social constructs, and so on). 🗿
Mar 29, 4:35 AM
Mar 2024
It’s an interesting perspective! The question of free will has puzzled philosophers and scientists for centuries. While we experience the illusion of control, factors like genetics, upbringing, and external influences shape our decisions. Whether true free will exists remains a fascinating debate!
Mar 29, 4:41 AM

Mar 2024
no, people dont have any free will, we all are just animals controlled by wild primitive instincts. overcoming them is very difficult, and sometimes even impossible. i try to be above primitive instincts, but it doesnt always work, but i believe that if you dont give up and work on yourself you can overcome many of them and become a better person
Mar 29, 5:47 AM

Sep 2016
_Nette_ said:
I want to be more optimistic about these things though.

You could try Mawaru Penguindrum, it's quite the "anti-destiny" advocate of an Anime.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 29, 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
No they do not, but we pretend that we do. Free will is an illusion.
Mar 29, 10:43 PM

May 2021
Reply to KingOfPneumos
I read a book "Metro 2033" that gave me an interesting insight on free will, fate, etc.

Can we believe in fate? A lack of free will and that everything is already determined? Maybe it is both, that's the way I choose to see things. Say you have the free will to make one's decisions and 'be your own man'. Say the world acts in a certain way that causes your actions, which you know you will take in a certain way, to unfold in an often predictable manner. If this can be so accurately predicted, isn't that your own personal fate? Sure, the world can work it's own weavings upon you, and things are so often left up to pure chance, but the ways we live can be frequently determined by how we have lived. I believe in many moments in life fate is in effect, yet your choices and thus free will has brought to to where fate/determinism said it always would.

The book is worth a read, one because it's a fun book and two because the philosophy is much better explained there. Polyanka Station has been on my bucket list for years now because of that scene.

Additionally, the whole "atoms/quantum mechanics" argument is dismissible in my mind solely because it is fucking boring and lets people give up. And being cynical is ugly.
@KingOfPneumos hahaha I love your last line, very much agree
Mar 30, 7:43 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to _Nette_
@DreamWindow

I've noticed alot of things pop up as a means to avoid accountability and that too is scary. Like if these ideas exist for that purpose and they are being proposed as healthy concepts to believe or entertain then that is awful.

I want to be more optimistic about these things though. Believe in humanity and all that jazz.
@_Nette_

At the center of most movements is a core in where the people motivated by the cause believe that others should pay the costs of their own decision making. The scariest thing about it too me is that, if the majority of people genuinely believed that nothing mattered, it would open the door for some really heinous shit.
DreamWindowMar 30, 8:04 AM

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 30, 7:55 AM

Sep 2018
Free will is a myth
1. Your parents determine your genetics
2. Your genetics determines your looks
3. People treat you based on your looks even as a child and baby
4. Your behavior adapts from the treatment of others. Ugly=negative affirmation good looking=more social
5. Your intelligence is also rooted in genetics
6. Behavior molded by treatment of others and genetics determines your hobbies.
No real place for free will. I call it fate.
Mar 30, 8:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to rohan121
Free will is a myth
4. Your behavior adapts from the treatment of others. Ugly=negative affirmation good looking=more social
@rohan121 I feel that point six could reasonably be explained by humans, generally speaking, being rational decision makers.
Mar 30, 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to rohan121
Free will is a myth
@rohan121 you are correct about everything in that post btw.
Mar 30, 12:19 PM

May 2013
Reply to DreamWindow
@_Nette_

At the center of most movements is a core in where the people motivated by the cause believe that others should pay the costs of their own decision making. The scariest thing about it too me is that, if the majority of people genuinely believed that nothing mattered, it would open the door for some really heinous shit.
@DreamWindow

That is a level of existential dread I don't like entertaining lol. I like to view humanity as better than that. Take the fear and shove it as far to the back of my brain as possible.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Mar 30, 12:27 PM

Dec 2021
No, it's a catch 22. If one possesses Will, then how can Will be free? The only way for a free Will to exist is if he/she/they is possessed by no one.
Mar 30, 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to KittenCuddler
No, it's a catch 22. If one possesses Will, then how can Will be free? The only way for a free Will to exist is if he/she/they is possessed by no one.
@KittenCuddler totally correct. I couldn't have said it better myself. Good logic.

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
21 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

26 by Meusnier »»
26 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

71 by Meusnier »»
32 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

680 by Jozuwa-_- »»
40 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.