Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Today I got notified with stage 3 cancer. Needless to say that I'll fight against it no matter what. Starting my treatment on Monday.

Doctors told me that I might or might not recover from it, depends if it spreads or not. Anime helped me a lot, and I want to keep enjoying it while I can if the worst happens. Doctors said I will be less active while receiving the treatment, so I'll need some good entertainment to keep going on!!

Obviously, from now on I'll "run" whenever I can, to not feel like I missed to do something in this life. Will take part in how many activities I can to leave my mark before I can't. I actually started retaking old hobbies that I love like gardening and digital image edition back in December, because I got the first notice about my health back then; but the definitive results came in today.

I'm trying to look at this with hope, since it's not certain that the worse will happen. Yet, it might happen as the doctors told me. But now, as today, I feel positive about my future. Waiting for your recommendations!! See you around!!
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Mar 23, 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
sorry to hear that stay strong dude

try sengoku basara, dennou coil, overtake
Mar 23, 9:33 AM

Sep 2016
Cells at Work episode 7 (Cancer Cell)

The final conversation actually made me cry.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 23, 10:08 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to deg
sorry to hear that stay strong dude

try sengoku basara, dennou coil, overtake
@deg thank you!! i don't want to be seen as a fool for making a big drama about it. just being realistic and optimistic!! i'm certain that everything will be okay! i'll give a try to your recs :3

@zarutaku i enjoyed that show and the alternative version a lot!!
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Mar 23, 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Stuntdrath
@deg thank you!! i don't want to be seen as a fool for making a big drama about it. just being realistic and optimistic!! i'm certain that everything will be okay! i'll give a try to your recs :3

@zarutaku i enjoyed that show and the alternative version a lot!!
@Stuntdrath never lose that spirit who knows maybe spontaneous remission will happen to you
Mar 23, 11:13 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I just finished my radiation therapy a few weeks ago after my surgery last year. No matter what, I will be forced to go for checkups every third month for years to come to see if it returns.
All my recommendation for you is to don't think much about it. Continue living as you've done before. Maybe try living a bit more healthy, unless you're already doing it.
But do stay strong, listen to your doctors and live normally despite everything.

I'd recommend cells at work as well but you seems to already have watched it. Otherwise, I don't have any recommendations, sadly. :)
AzuchiMar 23, 11:17 AM
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 23, 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Azuchi
I just finished my radiation therapy a few weeks ago after my surgery last year. No matter what, I will be forced to go for checkups every third month for years to come to see if it returns.
All my recommendation for you is to don't think much about it. Continue living as you've done before. Maybe try living a bit more healthy, unless you're already doing it.
But do stay strong, listen to your doctors and live normally despite everything.

I'd recommend cells at work as well but you seems to already have watched it. Otherwise, I don't have any recommendations, sadly. :)
@Azuchi I'm very happy for your recovery! And I hope it to never return back!!

That's what I decided to do. I'll do whatever it makes me happy without looking back (obviously not bad things for my health). I didn't want to make a big drama since I have room for recovery. But the other outcome is also there. But I'm only focusing on the recovery option :D

If you find anything good to see just tell me! It will help me a lot for the upcoming months.
Mar 23, 12:44 PM
Mar 2015
Please be strong!! And find happiness where you can!!.

My recommendation, of course, is Digimon.
Mar 23, 1:10 PM

Oct 2018
That's rough, you have my sympathies. I hope you can turn it around and recover.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6675/Redline
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito
https://myanimelist.net/anime/522/Metropolis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/949/Top_wo_Nerae_Gunbuster

It's tough recommending to someone who's seen so much, so here's some things I enjoyed that aren't on your list πŸ˜…
Mar 23, 2:59 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to DigimonSommelier
Please be strong!! And find happiness where you can!!.

My recommendation, of course, is Digimon.
@DigimonSommelier there's nothing that will bring me down in this time of my life!! I have a couple of Digimon things I still haven't seen :D

@Alita thanks for using your time to make so many recommendations! i'll prevail no matter what!
Mar 23, 4:42 PM
I wish you all the best! Stay strong!

I recommend my number one anime of all time: Shinsekai Yori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13125/Shinsekai_yori
Mar 23, 5:01 PM

Sep 2023
I'm sorry to hear that and I like the way you look at it. From all the stories, I read in books, about people who actually beat cancer are the ones who enjoyed their lives to the fullest after being diagnosed with it and seeing you looking on the bright side, I can tell you have that spark in you.

My rec:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32648/Handa-kun
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38483/Ore_wo_Suki_nano_wa_Omae_dake_ka_yo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/44276/Kyuukyoku_Shinka_shita_Full_Dive_RPG_ga_Genjitsu_yori_mo_Kusoge_Dattara

Wishing you only the best in life
Mar 23, 5:10 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Faisal-Abdulhadi
I'm sorry to hear that and I like the way you look at it. From all the stories, I read in books, about people who actually beat cancer are the ones who enjoyed their lives to the fullest after being diagnosed with it and seeing you looking on the bright side, I can tell you have that spark in you.

My rec:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32648/Handa-kun
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38483/Ore_wo_Suki_nano_wa_Omae_dake_ka_yo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/44276/Kyuukyoku_Shinka_shita_Full_Dive_RPG_ga_Genjitsu_yori_mo_Kusoge_Dattara

Wishing you only the best in life
@Faisal-Abdulhadi thanks for your concern, but don't be sorry! This is how life is, and It's not me who's going to lose this fight! I'm ready for some comedy anime hehe

@Fluffygreygrass i actually saw the first episode but couldn't get into it. I will give it another go since it seems a lot of people like it. You bet I'll keep strong!

Thanks everyone in the community for your guidance and kind words. It makes me happy to receive so much support from strangers with the same passion. Everything's gonna be alright, I know :3
Mar 23, 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
Sorry you are having a hard time. If you dont mind, what kind of cancer and what is the treatment: surgery, meds or radiation therapy?

Seems you havent watched Oniichan wa Oshimai yet even though it appears to be somewhere on your list but oddly I can't find it's location on your list. It only shows up on search, weird. Anyway that was one of the few shows to make me feel better when feeling extra down.

Another one I managed to watch entirely through from making me feel better while having a particularly bad time is The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today

Looks like you loved Cardcaptor Sakura but haven't watched anything relating to xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicle. xxxHolic only is loosely superficially connected to Cardcaptor Sakura and loosely tied to Tsubasa Chronicle where there is a very small overlap but Tsubasa Chronicle has a more direct connection to Cardcaptor Sakura though not as much as it seems if that makes sense. I do have to warn even though Tsubasa Chronicle is fairly long it is an incomplete adaptation so youd have to pick up the manga from where the anime left off, I dont recall too big of story differences so you may be able to skip the chapters before (though personally i read it in full) but i may be wrong. They basically cancelled the show thinking it would be too violent for kids full colour and animated where the manga headed later.
traedMar 24, 12:10 AM
Mar 23, 11:02 PM

Jun 2020
You already watched most of the anime I would recommend πŸ˜‚

Maybe you should watch season 4 of Gintama? It's the next part of the series for you, and it's rated very highly for good reason.

But most importantly, I hope you get better and stay positive OP!! I'm praying for you ♥
DumbMar 23, 11:08 PM
Mar 24, 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
@traed thanks for the recs! I think I will enjoy them. I'd rather keep those details private, for multiple reasons. But to make it simple as I said, I don't want to make a big drama. If I was asking for help or something else I would share everything I could, but I don't want to worry anyone. I'm on good hands and when I recover, I'll be up to guide anyone in need. But for now I feel that anything I could say may harm someone in the same situation. Having all this support from all of you makes me so grateful. And I know I'll be alright.

@Jailed will try to retake the shiroyasha :3 your kind words give me strength!!
Mar 24, 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
Stuntdrath said:
thanks for the recs! I think I will enjoy them. I'd rather keep those details private, for multiple reasons. But to make it simple as I said, I don't want to make a big drama. If I was asking for help or something else I would share everything I could, but I don't want to worry anyone. I'm on good hands and when I recover, I'll be up to guide anyone in need. But for now I feel that anything I could say may harm someone in the same situation. Having all this support from all of you makes me so grateful. And I know I'll be alright.

Hopefully since that is a lot of episodes for everything together xD

Ah I suppose. Though im not really making a big deal, this is just normal way I am. Coulda been a cold and id still be saying something lol
Mar 24, 8:26 PM

Oct 2014
Jeez, hope you get through this. Btw, the animations on your profile are a joy to watch. Made my evening, tbh.

Anyway, for the recs it's a mix of healing-type, feel-good romances, a few more introspective ones and a couple I have no idea why (gut-feeling)..

So Ra No Wo To -- Besides being a healing-type show with K-On!-like characters it's also set in a town modelled after Cuenca. Your Steam profile shows Spain I probably don't have to explain further about the town ;) It's not all easy-going comedy, halfway through a few darker episodes creep in to separate this from the usual CGDCT-type show.

Super Cub -- Relaxing healing type.

ReLIFE -- Introspective.

Bokutachi no Remake -- Similarities with ReLIFE.

Mushishi -- Introspective, but one word can't describe this show.

Paradise Kiss -- No reason: just a gut feeling add.

Harmonie-- Another gut feeling one.

Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia -- Feel good, relaxing romcom.

Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai -- See previous. Also, it has a Takagi-san feel to it.

Mouretsu Pirates -- Premise is daft but it's something different: another gut feel one. Maybe to break out of the mold. Btw, it's not fanservice-y despite what the title would suggest; even floating around in a zero-g space ship there are no upskirt shots :)

8oomerMar 24, 9:26 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 24, 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
Natsume Yuujinchou (my personal go-to soul healing anime. I don't have cancer, but I do have a chronic facial pain condition that has f-ed up my life. I have PTSD due to it and see a therapist weekly. I see an acupuncturist every other week. AND I take a sh!t ton of meds to help with the pain and sometimes it barely makes a dent. My pain condition doesn't have an actual cure. There are options to help and I even had brain surgery in 2017 which is supposed to send it into remission for an average of 10-15 years... mine didn't even hit the 2 year mark before it came back with a VENGENCE! Natsume Yuujinchou is the anime I watch when I need to relax. It's what I watch when I'm having a bad day with my anxiety and panic attacks and when the pain is under enough control that I can actually focus to watch something. If you're having a bad day I recommend it. I mean, it works to relax me so it may work for you as well. Though, I do realize everyone is different).

Also, I hope I'm not being a nuisance or overstepping, but I just want you to know that my step-father fought a form of bone cancer in which he was Stage 4 and he was doing experimental treatments and the doctors basically told him he had less than a 1% chance to beat his cancer. He beat it. It's been more than 20 years and he's still here and the cancer has never come back. I'm not going to lie and say that everything is like it was from before he was diagnosed because it's not. The cancer left it's mark on him as his bones just aren't the same after it. He's had to have neck surgery, one of his legs is really painful for him (they actually wanted to take that leg back then, but he fought it and even with the pain doesn't regret keeping it), he's got back and hip issues, and they have told him that he'll likely be in a wheelchair by the time he's 65 (he's 54). But he's alive and grateful for every day he has that he didn't think he'd get. He beat the odds and his advice to people who get cancer is always to try and stay positive even when you feel like sh!t. And keep fighting. I hope the treatments go well for you and if for some reason they don't, there's always experimental treatments out there. Don't ever give up the fight.

Mar 25, 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
@8oomer I just came from my first session and I feel a little weird. I feel like going into the bed and fall asleep while watching something. Thanks for the recommendations, I can tell you really put a lot of effort on them. I will check them later after I rest, to add them to my list :3 I'm happy to hear you liked my humble animation skills <3

@duchessliz87 I feel a little weird after my first session so sorry if I missed something. I wish you the best with your condition. I feel like I'll soon understand your pain while I'm being cured. I can see you are really fighting hard against it, even if it's painful. That gives me more energy to keep going like your dad did. I have a way bigger chance of beating mine than a 1%, so he's truly a strong person! I'm happy he could beat it and keep joyful enjoying the life with his loved ones. Wish all of you the best from now on!
StuntdrathMar 25, 5:32 AM
Mar 25, 9:16 AM
Feb 2014
I'm terribly sorry......i don't really know what else to say, except i hope you can fully recover from it......

The anime i would recommend are Full Moon wo Sagashite (It's also about a person battling against cancer but it's a positive anime.) And Kobato.

Both anime may have dramatic and sad moments but are overall positive anime.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 25, 9:33 PM

Nov 2022
Best wishes to you, I'm sorry to hear. I love your profile picture by the way.

You've seen a lot already but I noticed you haven't watched Frieren which just finished its first season yet. I know its been all the buzz but it really is pretty good. It isn't crazy on action or throwing out plot twists or being a thriller. It's just beautiful. https://myanimelist.net/anime/52991/Sousou_no_Frieren?q=frieren&cat=anime

As for manga if you haven't read them yet, the Umineko: When They Cry series is really good. The art in the first episode isn't the greatest but it gets a lot better after that and its been quickly getting up there to be one of my favorite manga so far.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/3749/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni_-_Episode_1__Legend_of_the_Golden_Witch?q=umineko&cat=manga

The series is broken up into 8 "episodes" so when you finish one you move to the next episode.

I hope for all good news to come your way.
Mar 26, 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Dauphine
I'm terribly sorry......i don't really know what else to say, except i hope you can fully recover from it......

The anime i would recommend are Full Moon wo Sagashite (It's also about a person battling against cancer but it's a positive anime.) And Kobato.

Both anime may have dramatic and sad moments but are overall positive anime.

@Dauphine thanks for worrying about me, i know everything will be alright :D my plan to watch list doesn't stop growing :3

@ElysiumLegends i not only saw Frieren the slayer, but I scored it with a 10!! i'm not so much into manga, but i'll try to search for it.thanks for your good energy
Mar 26, 6:28 PM

Mar 2022
Sending you all the best! You got this!

As for recs, you've really seen a lot, but here are some of my favorites not on your list:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35821/Chio-chan_no_Tsuugakuro - Underappreciated comedy. Not listed as gag humor but I'd call it gag humor in the same vein as Asobi Asobase or Daily Lives of High School Boys.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38680/Fruits_Basket_1st_Season - You have to give Fruits Basket a try, an all time great drama!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha - Great CGDCT. A very chill SoL.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asu_kara - Like Hanasaku Iroha in animation, but more drama and Fantasy themed.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7054/Kaichou_wa_Maid-sama - A classic RomCom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2104/Seto_no_Hanayome - Wacky RomCom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34902/Tsurezure_Children - Very sweet RomCom, short episodes (~12 mins including OP), but a quick watch that's so worth it
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6956/Working - Good workplace comedy

If I had to rank the order I'd suggest trying these in:
1. Fruits Basket
2. Maid-sama

Then after that it depends on the genre you feel like! Hope you are feeling better as soon as you can be! You'll get through this!
Mar 27, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Benassiesto
Sending you all the best! You got this!

As for recs, you've really seen a lot, but here are some of my favorites not on your list:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35821/Chio-chan_no_Tsuugakuro - Underappreciated comedy. Not listed as gag humor but I'd call it gag humor in the same vein as Asobi Asobase or Daily Lives of High School Boys.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38680/Fruits_Basket_1st_Season - You have to give Fruits Basket a try, an all time great drama!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9289/Hanasaku_Iroha - Great CGDCT. A very chill SoL.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asu_kara - Like Hanasaku Iroha in animation, but more drama and Fantasy themed.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7054/Kaichou_wa_Maid-sama - A classic RomCom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2104/Seto_no_Hanayome - Wacky RomCom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34902/Tsurezure_Children - Very sweet RomCom, short episodes (~12 mins including OP), but a quick watch that's so worth it
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6956/Working - Good workplace comedy

If I had to rank the order I'd suggest trying these in:
1. Fruits Basket
2. Maid-sama

Then after that it depends on the genre you feel like! Hope you are feeling better as soon as you can be! You'll get through this!
@Benassiesto i'm having the worst days of my life for the moment. but i'm as good as i can be. i know it's going to be even worse. but i'm still positive. thanks for such detailed recommendations! i have a lot of things to watch now :)
Mar 27, 9:01 AM
Mar 2024
If you're looking for anime to make you feel better, I highly recommend the Jewelpet series. It's light-hearted and comedic, perfect for people who are looking for something to cheer them up, even in the darkest of days!

Still, it sucks that you have to go through all of this. Stay strong, and hopefully my favorite anime series will help you mentally! Good luck!
Mar 27, 1:51 PM

Jan 2022
Finish Gintama

Catch up on Made in Abyss

Stand By Me Doraemon

Vinland Saga

Summertime Render

Attack on Titan: Lost Girls

Girls und Panzer das Finale

DBZ Fusion Reborn

NGNL Zero

The mythical JoJo Phantom Blood movie

FMAB OVAs
Mar 27, 2:22 PM
Oct 2006
Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch, Macross Plus
Mar 27, 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
@Cybre771 looks like something i will like to see! thank you for your support!

@mo_lave i need to also finish already started series. nice collection :D

@HorizonX thank you!

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 6 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 6 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.