Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 19, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2014
Chopper's part was really cute and all...but I couldn't concentrate because of Sanju's uh, display.

Wow.

Um, I wonder if anyone's ever going to find out about the short period of his younger years when he lived as a crossdresser can I have a spin off please

I mean, I expected the chase, but I didn't expect him to actually concede...he really does have a maiden's heart. Sanji-boy is like every Tsundere shoujo girl ever- yelping and not wanting his flippin' bloomers on show. I think I'm mentally scarred lmao

So yeah. Looks like, uh...Robin and Usopp are up next.

honestly gonna need a time out after that ep lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2019 9:53 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was so good comparatively to last that it put some real perspective into how lacking last episode was for me. We're getting a chapter of each of the Straw Hats stories on their way back to reuniting and last episode was just Nami deciding to stay along with her old man friend and Franky going to meet Vegapunk on top of some jokes. There was slight world building like the cyborg animal forest and old man bringing rain to Alabasta-esque kingdoms so I'm being slightly unfair.

This episode on the other hand was much more. Sanji's chapter had us explore the Kamabakka kingdom some more, we got to meet Caroline the stand in queen while Ivan is in Impel Down, a nice touch was his face on the what I can only assume was the royalty wall, as did we see just how strong Ivan's kingdom is which is no surprise, and lastly we had Sanji find a new side to himself which may have been Kuma's intention all along, lol! You know, on top of him learning okama kenpo. I mean that was a lot and it was only half of the episode! At first I felt Caroline was being a little uncomfortably forceful but their means of transferring Sanji into a queer was quite honest all things considered. It wasn't like how Ivan would inject people with female hormones, it was just Caroline making Sanji feel like a woman so he would learn to explore that side of himself. Which, although it was a bit jarring, I feel since Sanji is the most gender role based Straw Hat, for example he doesn't like to show emotion in front of men while showing love through banter and fighting instead and is a 'gentleman' who obeys the code 'a man should never hit a woman' to the degree he would die before doing so, this would affect him more than most. It's kind of like flipping around the entirety of what he identifies himself as. So even though the queers here are forceful people at least their intention is to have Sanji find 'his true self' and are doing it in a way that has him tap into it, something I think is better than what Ivan did. And that's one way to do it for sure, tap into his maiden modesty when it’s something he feels he is not one with! P.S. Sanji is best girl..... o//o
That said, obviously this is working as a Franky & tea-esque gag where it’s probably just a comedic phase for Sanji and it may never be mentioned after he makes it off this island. However, maybe it will affect him in the long term to see gender as less stringent? Hmm.

Chopper's part was adorable. Like I thought, Chopper has gotten the idea to ride a bird back to Saboady, however, the bird he chose was a cute giant egg baby of a bird that he's been taking care of out of the goodness of his heart. It was nice that escape seemed to be an afterthought as we'd expect from Chopper. He firstly wants to help it fly again by healing it and secondly wants a ride! Momma bird doesn't seem like it gets it but maybe as soon as baby can talk it will let its momma know that she should help Chopper, or maybe Chopper will save the baby again or fight for the birds or something to get their trust. And, like some have said, I think Chopper's journey is one of the first times he's been truly alone since before Hiriluk. He's grown from Hiriluk, Doctorine, and the Straw Hats and now he's out on his own again and he's in a way being tested to grow from this and accomplish a huge feat- make it back to Saboady from South Blue. More than that he's surrounded by enemies.

The parts I'm looking most forward to are Robin's, Zoro's and Usopp's. Robin's was my favorite part last time we got parts of their stories, it looked amazing and it was a nice stand alone story which had a completely different tone than anything else due to Robin being the main character! Plus characters like Soran were awesome and I just want more! Usopp's is fun because his new companion is so much like him, a goofy super hero just like Sogeking so I hope they can get along. And Zoro because duh, I can't wait to see him and Perona start to bond as they need each other!!!

Seeing people realize what Luffy did without them and the fact that he's involved with the most decieve battle of their time should be a nice scene whether its once they're together or through the newspaper or whatever.
Aug 24, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2020
wtf is Sanji doing...?
Aug 24, 2020 11:01 PM

Mar 2017
sanji down bad ....
Aug 30, 2020 4:08 AM

May 2016
It was shocking to see Sanji of all people gradually accept his inner femininity as he questioned his masculinity in the Stand-in Queen's arms and it was also one of the scariest moments in anime I've ever seen, damn. I suppose that the moment he masters or overcomes Newkama Kenpo will be the moment where she'll get his pride back.

Chopper continues to suffer but at least he's made a friend who'll get him out of there...eventually.

May 29, 2021 7:17 AM

Jun 2019
Sanji became a maiden and Chopper is cute as ever.
Apr 2, 2022 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Geez, are Sanji & Zoro going to compete to see who's the most humiliated by the end of all of this? Well, just to reiterate my sentiments from the last time:
Jun 22, 2022 12:33 PM

Jan 2021
Nah what have they done to Sanj bro should’ve jumped into the ocean and swam anything is better than this free my boi he doesn’t deserve this
Aug 19, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2014
Sanji is really having the worst time out of all of the nakamas.

The giant chick was cute.
Aug 28, 2022 9:42 PM

Apr 2018
...I cannot believe I just witness Sanji becoming queer. LOL. Other than Nami, I feel like Franky, Sanji, and Chopper so far haven't even gotten any training or stronger; I hope somehow they can get through this, especially when they're facing strong opponents. Now, onto Zoro, Robin, Brook, and Usopp!
Jun 14, 2023 9:34 PM
Oct 2019
Nooooo Sanji 😭
Sanji has fallen to the dark side. LMAO

Chopper part was just cute.
Jun 29, 2023 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Missin chopper frl
Jul 9, 2023 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
It does seem that Kuma put them in specific places to help them grow. I wonder why he’d do that, after all the person who modified him is allied with the world government. Maybe Vegapunk secretly despises the government?
Nov 18, 2023 3:24 PM

Mar 2017
OMG what did they do to Sanji? LOL. I think the phrase “WTF Japan!?” strikes again xD Also.. why did Oda make all these trans people so damn ugly?? Some trans girls can actually look pretty attractive or dare I say hot. These people just look scary asf.

Chopper nursing the bird to good health was super cute 😍
Dec 13, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2019
Reply to bingamu85
OMG what did they do to Sanji? LOL. I think the phrase “WTF Japan!?” strikes again xD Also.. why did Oda make all these trans people so damn ugly?? Some trans girls can actually look pretty attractive or dare I say hot. These people just look scary asf.

Chopper nursing the bird to good health was super cute 😍
Love that the most gender-strict person on the crew, Sanji, was just overcompensating for his maidenly inner desires. Maiden Sanji is hella cute too. This island is exactly what he needs. I'm sure he'll be back to regular old Sanji after this, but perhaps with a bit more sophistication than before. Hell, he might even be able to get a girlfriend after this.

Chopper section was boring but the bird was super cute.
Jan 10, 11:54 PM

Dec 2022
Queer Sanji was hilarious. I never thought I would see the day.

Jan 29, 10:12 AM

Oct 2019
THAT LITTLE FAT BIRD WAS SO CUTE, HELP
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.