Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 5:55 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, theres an attractive giant lady :D I'm a happy man, not only does Yamato exist
but her too!

More things about Ohara, Saul is alive

Eww Rob Lucci, this guy needs to die already

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 16, 5:57 PM

Nov 2016
Robin's ugly cry was too cute..

Dragon's goal might be even harder than becoming Pirate King since he's aiming for something no one ever even daren to think about in 800 years. I dunno if his voice sounds different because it's a flashback or because they changed his seiyuu because of old age.

The artificial Uo Uo no Mi Momo ate was actually not a failure...only to Vegapunk, lol.
FMmatronMar 16, 7:59 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 7:12 PM

Apr 2022
basically told vegapunk about the birth of the revolutionaries with dragon, ivankov and kuma. dragon's voice sounds different to me, sounds better. vegapunk with the nomi nomi-no-mi or brain-brain fruit, shares experiences with the 6 vegapunks and updates it like a database. robin finding out saul is still alive and in hiding was beautiful. not luffy thinking vegapunk became an idiot lmao welp lucci and cp0 bout to pull up to egghead.
Mar 16, 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
Either Dragon has a younger (sounding) seiyuu or he does one helluva job sounding younger! I'm happy about that! No way he should've been sounding older than Garp. I was surprised to only see a 10 year age difference between Dragon & Vegapunk. That bowling pin head of his cracks me up each time I see it.

Glad to have Saul being alive confirmed. gaara sheesheesheeshee

I think I need to go back and re-read the beginning of Egg Head. There's too much I'm not remembering. It feels like I skipped chapters.

I love the idea and look of Egghead. After Water 7 I'd definitely go there next if I could jump into a manga and visit before the SH's arrive.
dragynfaerieMar 17, 4:54 PM
Mar 16, 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
Robin's reaction to Saul having survived is so precious <3
Now we learn about Punk Records, I love that Vegapunk says "it got too long so I cut it" about his head LOL
Mar 16, 8:33 PM
Jan 2020
Vegapunk's giant head lol! Lots of information in this episode, continuing the flashback of Ohara, Vegapunk's satellites. It's great to see Robin happy again.
Mar 16, 8:35 PM
Dec 2022
Always so nice to see the opening
everything Egghead arc so pretty

Goat giants DRAAAAGONNNNN new va I heard? So cool to see him
My beloved Saul

New music I think DRAGON GONNA CHANGE THE WORLD RAA IVANKOV KUMA WEVOLUTIONARY WRMY
Robin W so happy
NOMI NOMI NOMI..... NOMI NOMI NO MI LMAOOOO still so cool we are seeing Vegapunk finally
STAG BEETLE YIPPEE

THE SILLY GEESE HAVE ARRIVED
Mar 16, 8:43 PM
Mar 2018
this is peak fiction
Mar 16, 9:28 PM

Aug 2021
no matter how many times i watch or read or even see a flashback of saul and robin, i will be on the edge of tears every single time
Mar 16, 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
Another insightful episode in which some of my questions were answered and new questions arose.

First of all, I loved the fact that a different voice was chosen for Dragon's younger self. I could be wrong, but to me that sounded a lot like Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi from Naruto). Even if this is not the case great choice nonetheless.

I wasn't aware that Dragon and Vegapunk were already acquainted with each other, which became even clearer from the course of their conversation and their familiar interaction with each other. It's a shame that such a genius as Vegapunk declined Dragon's invitation, but it definitely makes sense, since he had an almost inexhaustible source of money at his disposal with the world government, which allowed him to implement things that would probably have initially been denied to him in the revolutionary army.
We also learned that both seemed equally familiar with Professor Clover, which also made their visit to Ohara more understandable. I love Dragon's character and his ambitions. Ohara's fall and the loss of a friend were undoubtedly the decisive impetus for founding the revolutionary army and wanting to change the world.

Contrary to my initial assumption from the last episode, I actually assumed that Dragon took the books. The fact that a third party was involved in the form of the giants of Elbaf, as we saw with Hajrudin and the other female giant, came as a huge surprise. Speaking of surprises, what an incredible revelation that Saul survived. At the same time, I wonder if this was intentional on Aokiji's part or if Saul was able to survive solely because of his will to live. In the end it doesn't really matter because all that matters is him being alive. I'm just so happy for Robin and seeing her subsequent reaction to Shaka basically confirming it was such a sweet moment.

I was also wrong with my theory about Vegapunk's head size, but who would even come up with the idea that he cut his own head off? lol
I would be interested to know whether this was possible for him through medical technology or whether it is more attributable to a special aspect of the brain-brain fruit. Regardless, it makes sense why he is considered a genius and the smartest person in the world. We also finally got an explanation about what that apple on his head was all about, which I personally just couldn't make sense of. Of course, in typical Oda fashion, things got even more complex as the cut-off and still-expanding brain became what is now known as Punk Records, which Vegapunk and all of his clones can access like a library and synchronize their experiences once a day, which in my honest opinion just sounds insane.

I think that most scientists display a kind of perfectionism. The greater the genius, the greater the inclination towards it. However, getting upset simply about the color being unsuccessful is a very extreme kind of perfectionist lol.

This giant robot attacked Marijoa 200 years ago? For what reason and who was behind it?

Now with Rob Lucci in close proximity to Egghead, we should probably see a rematch between him and Luffy. It's safe to assume that, like Luffy, he's made a lot of progress throughout this time, hopefully making for an exciting fight.

Unfortunately, we still haven't received an answer as to why Kuma was modified. Neither from Shaka nor from Vegapunk itself. This is one the questions which I have most interest in and which will hopefully be answered in detail in the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to next week.
Natsu88Mar 17, 3:34 AM

Mar 16, 10:23 PM

Jan 2016
Great to hear Saul survived the Ohara incident, thanks to him all of the books are safe from the world government in a way... Very happy for Robin!

I thought the clones were like an AI that has possesses his knowledge but it actualy comes from a Devil Fruit was so unexpected wow. that is such an op ability!
"Nomi Nomi no Mi no Nou Ningen" is a great tongue twister lol
Mar 16, 10:28 PM
Jan 2021
So we learn the connection between Dragon and Vegapunk (they both knew Clover), and we see Hajrudan and other giants lead by a bandaged giant (who I knew immediately was Saul) gathering up the books left by the researchers of Ohara. We learn through Dragon and Vegapunk’s interaction that in the current time, Dragon is 55 years old and Vegapunk is 65 (this flashback is 22 years ago and it reveals that at the time, Dragon was 33 and Vegapunk was 43; it’s simply math). This is before Dragon founded the Revolutionary Army alongside Ivankov and Kuma. Vegapunk went to read the research of Ohara and has mentally stored all of that information.

Robin is thrilled to hear that Saul is still alive. Shaka activates the Dom Shoes to show the Straw Hats something in the control room.

Luffy’s group are talking with Vegapunk and this is where we learn more about him. Vegapunk ate the Brain-Brain fruit and can infinitely store data, but his brain grows in proportion to that, so he cut if off and attached an antenna that connects to the giant egg on the island (THAT’S PROBABLY WHY THIS ISLAND IS CALLED EGGHEAD) where all the information that Vegapunk learns is stored. All of the satellites (Lilith, Shaka, Atlas, Edison, York, and Pythagoras) pool their information in to the egg as well, providing even more data. Vegapunk would like everyone to pool in their information so everyone can share their knowledge with one another. Bonney takes the Beam Saber she grabbed before to threaten Vegapunk’s life for what he did to Kuma. Vegapunk tries to warn her, but she doesn’t listen until it’s too late and a bunch of insects approach them, causing Bonney to pass out.

The Straw Hats see that Luffy is fine and he’s completely unphased about the bugs.

Vegapunk reveals that he’s completely aware of the events of Wano and asks about Momo’s powers. He considers the Devil Fruit he created from Kaido’s Bloodline Elements a failure because Momo turns into a PINK dragon versus Kaido who turns BLUE. Vegapunk reveals the giant robot wasn’t his creation and it’s rumored to have attacked Marijoa 200 years ago. Lastly, we see CP-0 approaching the island to take Vegapunk’s life.

In the ending segment which has been taken over by Lilith and Edison, we learn more about Dragon. He was born on October 5th and loves bocaditos (which apparently are like sandwiches).

I’M READY FOR MORE!
Mar 16, 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
KEEP FEASTING ROBIN FANS!!!!! SAUL IS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 11:54 PM

Sep 2018
This is about where I got up to in the manga IIRC, so everything after it will be new for me, save for a couple of scenes that were spoiled online.
Mar 17, 1:19 AM

Jan 2021
Saul is alive damn this is amazing news Derishishishishi 🔥
Mar 17, 2:31 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to dragynfaerie
Either Dragon has a younger (sounding) seiyuu or he does one helluva job sounding younger! I'm happy about that! No way he should've been sounding older than Garp. I was surprised to only see a 10 year age difference between Dragon & Vegapunk. That bowling pin head of his cracks me up each time I see it.

Glad to have Saul being alive confirmed. gaara sheesheesheeshee

I think I need to go back and re-read the beginning of Egg Head. There's too much I'm not remembering. It feels like I skipped chapters.

I love the idea and look of Egghead. After Water 7 I'd definitely go there next if I could jump into a manga and visit before the SH's arrive.
dragynfaerie said:
Either Dragon has a younger (sounding) seiyuu or he does one helluva job sounding younger! I'm happy about that! No way he should've been sounding older than Garp.

Younger Dragon is voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue. Which, admittedely, is bloody hilarious, when you think about it. Inoue is 70. Only in One Piece a 70 years old voice actor can voice a young version of the character.
Mar 17, 2:39 AM
Sep 2022
dereshishishishi
hes alive 😭😭
Mar 17, 2:41 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to cperger
this is peak fiction
@cperger

So much happened this epsidoe in terms of world building. Awesome stuff.
Mar 17, 3:28 AM

Nov 2018
Haters gonna explode when they learn that Mori Calliope's manga volume song was used at the end of the episode

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 17, 3:30 AM

May 2015
I wasn't expecting to hear Calliope's song at the end, that was a bigger twist that Dereshishi not being dead.

Edit: It's even credited in the ED, I'm glad I wasn't paying attention to it this time.
El-MelloiMar 17, 3:33 AM
Mar 17, 3:36 AM
Feb 2024
SAULT IS FUCKING ALIVE
DR.VEGAPUNK DF BRAIN-BRAIN FRUT
WOWOWOWOWOWOOOWOWOWOWWOOWOWOW
One Piece
Mar 17, 4:50 AM

Oct 2009
SAUL IS ALIVE!!
Robin keeps winning :')))
Mar 17, 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
Natsu88 said:
First of all, I loved the fact that a different voice was chosen for Dragon's younger self. I could be wrong, but to me that sounded a lot like Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi from Naruto). Even if this is not the case great choice nonetheless.

Yup, that was him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 17, 7:02 AM

Jan 2016
So many emotional chills from me. They kind of just buying time redoing intros, but from different people, this time from Vegapunk main who says what we already learned.
Truly a great system, but one major problem. Can't this brain be easily destroyed? I feel like if WG goes all out then his repository or whatever is completely vulnerable and unable to escape.
So the robot is only 200 years old whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Honestly makes sense Jaguar D. Saul is leader, I mean just look at his D. Looking like Elbaf will be a major location as they are likely enemies of WG too. If WG don't go all out in Egghead, they definitely will in Elbaf as might be there last chance before the Laugh Tale.

Mar 17, 7:44 AM
Oct 2017
great adaptation
Mar 17, 7:46 AM
Jul 2013
Vegapunk is a mystery, but one of those that is said a lot, but we must still corroborate everything that is said.

He seems like a good person here, and I'm personally inclined that he is.

•Robin crying happy to know that Saul is alive. T-T

A brainy man, far-fetched, yes, but acceptable. ✌🏼

•How Chopper sees Vegapunk when he tells him that he knows about medicine. 🤩

•Day 44 gathered signatures for Booney to be the new nakama. 😅

•CP0 is approaching, the figth are approaching.
Mar 17, 8:09 AM

Feb 2020
Who is more genius: Oda or Vegapunk?

JIKAI:
Mar 17, 8:13 AM
The Dreamer
Feb 2024
- so you cut your head. so you are stupid ! man, you never stop amaze me.
One Piece Forever
Mar 17, 9:49 AM

Aug 2018
One of the funniest OP episodes for sure, I enjoyed every second of it, but, why the fuck is Saul alive? It killed all the heaviness of his death on Robin's backstory, just why, Oda?

9,7/10
Mar 17, 4:54 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to AntonKutovoi
dragynfaerie said:
Either Dragon has a younger (sounding) seiyuu or he does one helluva job sounding younger! I'm happy about that! No way he should've been sounding older than Garp.

Younger Dragon is voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue. Which, admittedely, is bloody hilarious, when you think about it. Inoue is 70. Only in One Piece a 70 years old voice actor can voice a young version of the character.
@AntonKutovoi 70!!! That is hilarious. Well, he is younger than the original actor, Hidekatsu Shibata. Not for nothing but I hope Inoue keeps the job. What's crazy is that he's 20+ years older than the actor that plays Garp and still sounds younger.

Thanks for telling me.
Mar 17, 6:07 PM
Jan 2023
Basically lore episode but still PEAK!!!1!!!1!!!1! 🥵🥵🥵
Mar 17, 10:22 PM
Jan 2022
I love how luffy guessed about vega's brain being somewhere else. they called him dumb or something but he was right!! luffy's open mindedness is the source of his dumbest and most genius ideas. a specimen worthy of being studied by vegapunk himself.

the wait is getting too long😧 (if yk, yk) ARRR👺
sadduelMar 18, 12:20 AM
Mar 18, 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to thebrentinator24
Natsu88 said:

Yup, that was him.
@thebrentinator24

I thought so, but thanks for letting me know.

Mar 18, 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
I have a question. Do the new episodes come out every two weeks now?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 19, 4:05 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Starting from the next episode, it's about to be straight gas for one year plus non-stop!
Mar 19, 6:44 AM

Feb 2021
Just because it's pink, He say it's a failure XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 19, 10:40 AM
Aug 2021
masterpiece of masterpiece
Mar 21, 1:28 PM
Jan 2019
La serie mas buena que abre visto
Mar 23, 2:19 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
one too many saul flashbacks this ep
but they did Robin’s reaction well. gosh she is beautiful. looks better in Egghead than Wano imo
Mar 23, 5:28 AM
Jun 2023
IM CAUGHT UP TO ONE PIECE
Mar 24, 7:44 AM

Jun 2021
Robin surprisingly being the most expressive always gets me ever since Enies Lobby
Mar 27, 1:28 AM

Mar 2020
Such a good episode putting everyone's favorite Robin in the forefront
But then out of nowhere
Bloated bust
Oh well. Toei.

Some real trippy reality we are in, where we get to see Vegapunk unravelling the lore
Cant wait enough to see more of this arc!

Now we have a section with Lilith and Edison, whats that song in the background though?

And why did Dragon invade Mariejois only after Doflamingo fell?
Apr 4, 6:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool the new Mega-Punk style with the half of an apple on the head!!!
kekeke
Apr 9, 1:06 AM

Aug 2019
Seeing younger Dragon animated made my day ten times better lol

It was satisfying to see Robin discover that Saul was still alive and well.
Apr 17, 5:30 AM
Oct 2017
Interesting particularity revealed about Vegapunk.

More topics from this board

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

5 by camisblessed »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joe1991 - Sep 19, 2008

112 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 992 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Sep 18, 2021

83 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you some day completely rewatch OP?

Zimmu - Mar 13

41 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.