Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 10:39 AM

Mar 2019
Show has been great the last couple of episodes. Good story-lore content and really nice animation.
Mar 19, 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
This show sure conflicts me. I can't tell whether the whole deal with Anno Un's storyline is brilliant writing or just a bunch of nonsense that somewhat makes sense on a superficial level.
Anyways, this sure was an awesome backstory episode and Anno Un has certainly become one of my favorite characters in the series. Also gotta love the detail of him not narrating next episode's preview since he no longer knows what will happen from this point onwards.

And on a side note, it was lovely to see Gina again and that kid in the bunny outfit is giving me strong Chiyo-chan vibes.
Mar 20, 10:59 AM
Jan 2021
MegamiRem said:
Drageoks said:
I don’t get how anno’s negator ability makes him unable to be seen or felt yet every character in the present can see him no problem? Does his ability not work for other negators? And how come everyone can read his serialized manga including his mom but when he was a kid he couldn’t show his mom the manga he was making? These seem like pretty blatant plot holes to me
Maybe pay attention to the episode more. He literally says people can read stuff he writes as long as he doesn't relate it to himself and use it under the pen name.

That didn’t answer the question at all but alright my bad I guess
Mar 20, 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Drageoks
MegamiRem said:
Drageoks said:
I don’t get how anno’s negator ability makes him unable to be seen or felt yet every character in the present can see him no problem? Does his ability not work for other negators? And how come everyone can read his serialized manga including his mom but when he was a kid he couldn’t show his mom the manga he was making? These seem like pretty blatant plot holes to me
Maybe pay attention to the episode more. He literally says people can read stuff he writes as long as he doesn't relate it to himself and use it under the pen name.

Drageoks said:
Huh? It literally explains why people can read his serialised manga.
Mar 20, 11:32 AM
Jan 2021
MegamiRem said:
Drageoks said:
Huh? It literally explains why people can read his serialised manga.

It doesn’t explain why his mom couldn’t read his little drawings when he was a kid, or anything else he produced for that matter. It would be pretty narratively unfulfilling if he had to literally ascribe his work to a made up person rather than no one in particular to make it possible to be seen imo. Makes the negator rules feel really arbitrary and convenient to the plot
Mar 20, 7:39 PM

Oct 2022
Akira getting unknown was so sad, being right next to his mom but no one can perceive him.
Respect that he prepared everything decades in advance to help the main characters.

Mar 21, 12:38 AM
Feb 2021
Bruh why is the animation in this ep better than the actual episode where Andy fights Victhor? I'd have thought that sequence merited the most sakuga of all sakugas.
Mar 21, 2:45 PM

May 2020
Oh fuck, finally a negator who didn't mistakenly kill their parents.

Though Anno Un's backstory sure was sad, we get that, I mean we even feel that, but I don't get how people could see him in the present, when for the better part of his life that ability robbed him off of this one thing.

If it's only Negators who could see him, then I guess it works, because tbh, we didn't actually see any normal person mentioning they could see him or met his Anno Un persona before.

Anyways, hope they explain it later, but I guess we don't have enough time for that, as the next one is the finale anyway lol.
Mar 22, 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
Even gina read the manga, cute.

This is why you should have killed Rip when you had the chance. I hate shounen with this dynamic of one side literally trying to kill the other while they act like children "lets be friends teehee~".

So I guess I get how Anno Un interacted with the world by using a pen name, but how did they manage to interact with him? This seems like a weird plot device..

Also, Rip wants to save Latla, but who is Latla referring to when she says "lets save her"? Well I guess I will find out later.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 23, 3:06 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
he arrived on time to save Fuko!!!
kekeke
Mar 26, 11:24 AM

May 2019
That was a pretty good, but sad, backstory on Akira although I don't recall an explanation given as to how Fuko, Andy, and other people can now see him but not in the past, hopefully that will be explained before the season ends.
Mar 30, 1:47 AM

Nov 2013
Tragic backstory for the mangaka. But they're all tragic.
Apr 1, 3:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh, it's time for Anno Un's backstory, definitely a sad one damn getting this power but nothing being able to be seen anymore, his poor mother also :/
Apr 4, 11:50 AM
Oct 2019
so that dude was "unknown" and essentially invisible, but now people can see him? make it make sense...
Apr 6, 5:34 AM
Sep 2023
Best anime (im lesbian)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

96 by Dolphin10 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

122 by NTJBuriti »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

» Naming convention of adding UN to things

Jucab_N - Apr 23

6 by ReXiRa »»
Apr 24, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

62 by Morpheus1318 »»
Apr 23, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

73 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Apr 22, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.