Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 21, 9:15 PM

Dec 2020
There are several tbh. I wouldn't be able to mention all of them, but here I go I guess:
Any lengthy anime that I don't think would have enough upsides to outweight the large number of episodes, like Bleach (I am aware that the latest seasons are apparently really good, but I don't see myself watching the very probably poorly paced 350+ ep before that).
Any really famous anime that is universally regarded as not good at all like SAO or Seven Deadly Sins.
Any anime that is regarded as a bad adaptation and, naturally, that would be better to experience as a manga, like Tokyo Ghoul.
Any anime that doesn't attract me at all or that I strongly believe I wouldn't enjoy.
I guess there are also other reasons, like animes that are too old and doesn't seem to have enough things to justify watching them or animes that I'm too spoiled to really like.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Jan 21, 9:16 PM

Dec 2020
There are several tbh. I wouldn't be able to mention all of them, but here I go I guess:
Any lengthy anime that I don't think would have enough upsides to outweight the large number of episodes, like Bleach (I am aware that the latest seasons are apparently really good, but I don't see myself watching the very probably poorly paced 350+ ep before that).
Any really famous anime that is universally regarded as not good at all like SAO or Seven Deadly Sins.
Any anime that is regarded as a bad adaptation and, naturally, that would be better to experience as a manga, like Tokyo Ghoul.
Any anime that doesn't attract me at all or that I strongly believe I wouldn't enjoy.
I guess there are also other reasons, like animes that are too old and doesn't seem to have enough things to justify watching them or animes that I'm too spoiled to really like.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
Jan 21, 9:17 PM

Dec 2020
Jan 21, 9:20 PM

Dec 2020
Jan 21, 10:00 PM

Mar 2023
These Anime I Never Wach
Jojo
DBZ
And Every Ecchi Anime
Jan 21, 10:00 PM

Mar 2023
These Anime I Never Wach
Jojo
DBZ
And Every Ecchi Anime
Jan 21, 10:09 PM

Dec 2020
I'm pretty open to everything really. But I'd never watch Sazae-san (for obvious reasons)
Jan 21, 10:16 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Merve2Love
15 Anime watched and you're already too elite to watch one of the most popular Shonen in recent years xD

You don't know whats good. Why don't you watch the stuff everybody is raving about?^^ That would make so much more sense, to me.
@Merve2Love

Seconded. Felt weird reading this from someone with such a low watch count.

Sometimes you just gotta watch the basics, especially when you're still getting into it. Helps you learn the ins and outs of the medium and discover what you really like.
Jan 21, 10:20 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to takamono
A simple answer for me is probably Naruto, and any yaoi series.
@takamono

Agreed for the first - I attempted to watch it with a filler guide in hand to see difference between the regular and filler episodes. I hit the first filler episodes and very quickly decided that I wasn't going to sit through literal hundreds of episodes of that, and for me a show has to be all or nothing. Personally I've extrapolated that philosophy to every show that requires a filler guide, or really any show that has more than like fifty episodes. I need to know WHY I should be bothered to watch a show with a run time of DAYS; is it that good, or just an animated version of Seinfeld?
Jan 21, 10:23 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to AcD4c
Code Geass, Steins Gate, Gintama, Ghibli movies, Monogatari series, One Piece.
@AcD4c

Curious to hear your reasoning for not watching Ghibli films. What for?
Jan 21, 10:26 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Sciadopitys
Naruto, Dragon Ball and One Piece certainly. I know that they each have their loyal followings but they would be the very last shows that I would recommend to anybody who has never watched anime before. Me? Let's just say that I am instantly put off by anything that goes too far overboard with the silliness when it's not supposed to. This is why titles like "Nagasarete Airantou" get a pass from me - silly, yes but it is supposed to be. I wouldn't call Fairy Tail my cup of tea either, but at least it has loads of hot ladies in it - many of whom I would say are actually prettier than Nami is IMHO.
@Sciadopitys
Sciadopitys said:
Let's just say that I am instantly put off by anything that goes too far overboard with the silliness when it's not supposed to.

This was one of the major reasons I had a strong distaste for Zom 100 - it felt like the tone of the whole thing did NOT match a zombie apocalypse anime. Silly bits here and there, sure, but watching some dude prance around death because he doesn't have to go to work got eye-rolling very quickly.
Jan 21, 10:35 PM
May 2017
Boruto. Naruto had already fallen off hard in the final massive war arc and I've had less than zero interest in watching the unnecessary sequel. Every time I see something Boruto-related I'm reminded of how much the series has lost its way.
Jan 21, 10:35 PM
May 2017
Boruto. Naruto had already fallen off hard in the final massive war arc and I've had less than zero interest in watching the unnecessary sequel. Every time I see something Boruto-related I'm reminded of how much the series has lost its way.
Jan 21, 10:36 PM
May 2017
Boruto. Naruto had already fallen off hard in the final massive war arc and I've had less than zero interest in watching the unnecessary sequel. Every time I see something Boruto-related I'm reminded of how much the series lost its way.
Jan 22, 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
One Piece, Dragon Ball, Detective Connan....

I don't dig 1000 episode anime
Jan 22, 7:15 AM

Jan 2023
One Piece, Conan, Bleach, Naruto, DB...

I don't know if they are good or not, but they are extremely extensive to start with.
Jan 22, 8:27 AM

Jan 2023
One Piece (way too fucking long)
Anything BL
Wonder Egg Priority (can't really say why)
Basilik S2 (S1 ended fine and everyone says S2 is dogshit)
Most isekai

死人に口なし
Jan 22, 8:30 AM

Dec 2022
Too many to count. I made a document just to list all the anime I refuse to watch, so I don't forget them and accidentally end up watching them in the future.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 22, 8:39 AM

Jul 2021
One piece, its just too big, and I don't wanna loose that amount of time in just one anime when I can watch so many more...
Jan 22, 9:33 AM

May 2023
Yosuga No Sora
Dragon Ball
Code geass
Gundam (idk tho ig)
Fate whatever
Monogatari
Strawberry marshmallow
Anything else in the lolicon or school ecchi variety I already regret to love ru.
Good luck and have fun <3

Jan 22, 9:33 AM

May 2023
Yosuga No Sora
Dragon Ball
Code geass
Gundam (idk tho ig)
Fate whatever
Monogatari
Strawberry marshmallow
Anything else in the lolicon or school ecchi variety I already regret to love ru.

Jan 22, 9:34 AM

May 2023
Yosuga No Sora
Dragon Ball
Code geass
Gundam (idk tho ig)
Fate whatever
Monogatari
Strawberry marshmallow
Anything else in the lolcon or school ecchi variety I already regret to love ru.

Jan 22, 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
That healer show, it's borderline hentai. Most ecchi anime, not really in to teasing.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Jan 22, 1:21 PM

Jun 2021
one piece, attack on titan, black lagoon, hetalia, spy x family (already posted before about the first four, i can't recall where i already posted about the last one... the plot just doesn't interest me and that kid is everywhere and looks very annoying)

I forgot fma even if i saw one or two episodes of the first series in the 2000's. It was boring, and it just seems unappealing to me for everything.
_untitledJan 23, 12:06 AM
Jan 22, 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Redo of Healer. Looks like incel shit.
Take care of yourself

Jan 22, 2:04 PM

Mar 2021
One Piece, just stupid long. Hunter x hunter too probably, it just never piqued my interest.

Jan 22, 2:05 PM

Mar 2021
One Piece, just stupid long. Hunter x hunter too probably, it just never piqued my interest.

Jan 22, 2:06 PM

Mar 2021

Jan 22, 2:07 PM

Jan 2021
I will never watch an anime that has anything to do with "Love Live!"
Jan 22, 2:27 PM

Nov 2015
not much a fan of idol, sports, vampires, parody, detectives, ecchi, harems, kid shows, BL.... so i wouldn't watch shows that have that. i've seen snippets of gintama and i'm still unsure it it's for me. i mean, i didn't like jojo.
Jan 22, 2:49 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to KingOfPneumos
@AcD4c

Curious to hear your reasoning for not watching Ghibli films. What for?
@KingOfPneumos Nothing personal. I tried to watch some but find them really boring.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 22, 8:59 PM

Feb 2023
Redo of Healer.

Not touching that garbage with a ten foot pole.
Jan 22, 10:06 PM
Dec 2022
AoT. Every single aspect it has is unappealing to me.
Jan 22, 10:38 PM

Oct 2015
Full metal alchemist: brotherhood

What kept me initially from starting it was the art style, it never looked to appealing to me. What kept me and will continue to is, despite it's rating, the amount of people who say it's their favorite anime of all time doesn't match up with said rating. So in essence the fanboys who keep trying to bump it to the top have put me off watching it. That and also my taste in anime has turned to the more degenerate side
Jan 23, 12:51 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely not gonna watch Monogatari series after the very first season.

Full of pointless abstract art, pointless wall of text, pointless unrelated conversation take took up 2/3 of the screentime every episodes, totally unrelated to the plot.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 23, 12:51 AM

Dec 2014

Full of pointless abstract art, pointless wall of text, pointless unrelated conversation take took up 2/3 of the screentime every episodes, totally unrelated to the plot.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 23, 12:57 AM
Sep 2021
Dragon Ball ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Jan 23, 1:16 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to aLotQuestion_

@aLotQuestion_ I get that you don't like wall of text but no every conversation have a relation to the plot. The thing it's because every arc get a new main protagonist the plot change from arc to arc and arc only last couple of episodes. Same as to put action of the characters if they don't make sense you had to pause to see the black screen to see what he is actually thinking to understand why the action took place.
Jan 23, 2:38 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Mr_Libra
I will never watch an anime that has anything to do with "Love Live!"
@Mr_Libra
This specific call-out of Love Live! instead of just idol or CGDCT in general hurt me way more than it should. 🤣🤣 I'm too deep into this franchise

I'll just see myself out. Have a great day
Jan 23, 2:47 AM

Jun 2014
Anything above 200 episodes is too much of an investment imo.

Sports and bishoujo animes are generally not interesting for me either.
Jan 23, 3:14 AM
Jan 2021
One Piece (artsyle and how long it is), Sword Art Online, Detective Conan just bc it's so long and i like reading it instead :)
Jan 23, 4:27 AM

Sep 2015
- Most isekai like SAO
I just find this premise boring after the 10000th time that it repeated in a series.
- Most shonen like one piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, jojo's bizarre adventure, death note
Female characters are very one dimensional, not to mention their body proportions put me off. Though, one piece also puts me off in regards to it's length.
For the others, idk. They just don't appeal to me.
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Jan 23, 5:40 AM

Dec 2020
I see so many people saying One Piece because it's too long. How do you know if it's too long when you've never given it a chance? My comment might come come off as a bit fanboy-ish, but I haven't read any compelling arguments as to why the length makes it not worth it.
Jan 23, 6:57 AM

Aug 2018
Ten years from now, someone is gonna go through this thread, and then check all your lists to find out which of you are liars.
Poyo.
Jan 23, 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
Domestic girlfriend, I have read the manga before (probably around 2016) it was bad.
Jan 23, 8:37 PM

Feb 2021
Naruto, nearly all the people I know who watch anime have completed or watched a large amount of it. But I probably never will.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jan 23, 8:52 PM

Jul 2021
one piece easily. would rather watch other animes which are far more or just as interesting in way less episodes.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 23, 11:55 PM

Feb 2020
Probably One Piece. It's simply way too long.
Jan 24, 12:05 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Sphealz
Ping pong the animation because it looks nasty. I also don't think I would watch one piece or anything Gundam
@Sphealz unsurprising from a gruel-slurping MHA avatar. consider deleting your account
you've already watched a gundam show, there's literally one in your favorites
Jan 24, 12:09 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to AcD4c
Code Geass, Steins Gate, Gintama, Ghibli movies, Monogatari series, One Piece.
AcD4c said:
Ghibli movies,

frieren is an elongated ghibli movie hth
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by Lhundrup »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 43 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

22 by FanofAction »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.