Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
Another excellent episode.Loved the OP and seeing the visuals of the OP we can identify how much the season will cover.The episode had me completely engrossed throughout.

The music was great too and the voice acting was superb.The emotion was really in Jin-woo's voice.

The ED song was great too though the visuals were unique.Now the journey has only begun.Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

Jan 13, 10:54 AM
Apr 2017
u love to see it....
i was skeptical about if its gonna be censored or not glad to see that they did a good job showing the deaths and blood so far ... and the pacing is actually good
Jan 13, 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
Epic episode.
Is this where he gets stronger? OwO (never read the manwha nor have time for it)
That girl failed to be a heroine. Darn it. She was also a cute one... and had a crush on MC... 😖

I'm not hyping it but someone said "there's no development, AGAIN", I beg to disagree because something did happen, and a lot of it in fact. lmao

P.S. I prefer the Japanese Dub (since it went up first) but they still use the Korean? names for the characters. (I'm fine either way)

@Yuyu1ch1 I'd like to correct you, it's "That devil-like smile is creepy" 😏
CrazyButNot4UJan 13, 11:04 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 13, 10:59 AM
Apr 2021
How did sung figure out that if they look away the statues will stop moving?
Jan 13, 11:00 AM

Aug 2022
It ended so suddenly
Jan 13, 11:05 AM

Sep 2020
Peak Leveling is brutal asf.
Jan 13, 11:07 AM
Feb 2023
pbbuiter said:
ef-jey said:
@pbbuiter best chapters of solo leveling? debatable I'd say. My opinion As also a manhwa reader, there are some other story points that equal / higher than this. don't want to spoil tho. But, yeah maybe one of the best part.

@ef-jey I just don't really like self insert stories and at its core that is entirely what Solo Leveling is imo. Don't hate it or anything, but it's not nearly as well written as these first 2 episodes to me.

Self insert? How? If you are saying the writer was MC, then at that point alot of writers do that…
Jan 13, 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
Another intense episode. I like the adaptation so far and OP & ED are bangers.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 11:16 AM
Feb 2020
Absolutely superb adaptation and the VA of Sung Jin Woo was on point
Jan 13, 11:18 AM
Apr 2021
Nice ep, I've read the mahua 2 times in two different languages (日本語/ 普通話) and I have to say: the adaptation is really good here. Not that much on the first ep, but here, everything fits. I pretty much like the way they introduce some "explanation" scenes, something that you miss in the manhua.

One thing that you only catch at the very end of the series is
Jan 13, 11:18 AM
Jan 2024
The episode was fire the animation and the build up was good first episode was ok like 7 out of 10 but this episode was easy 9 and 10. I haven't read the manga but know as much as non-watchers which is that he will get leveled up and hope it goes well.
Jan 13, 11:20 AM

Jun 2021
Loved the OP and the EDs, even the visuals are animated well. I don't regret not watching with OG Korean VAs because Japanese seems just as good, amazinggg
Jan 13, 11:23 AM
Jul 2019
oh that menacing smile

Jan 13, 11:24 AM

Apr 2023
Watching this show just made me realize how much I need a proper Gantz adaptation, damn you Hollywood.

Two episodes in and still not hooked. Animation and visuals are definitely the highlights, everything else feels decent but that's it.
Jan 13, 11:36 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to DmonHiro
This.... was trash. Nothing really happened AGAIN. The only people who are hyping this trash up are people who've already read the thing. The artwork was the only thing it had going for it anyway. At least they're gonna rush the shit out of the first 50 chapters. Doubt this will get a 2nd season.
@DmonHiro yeah you're a hater. Bait better nextime
Jan 13, 11:39 AM
Jul 2019
lol, when does this show start getting good (narratively)?

so far, it's just a pretty edgy show with no depth
nevergainJan 13, 11:46 AM
Jan 13, 11:40 AM
Oct 2021
Great Episode OP and ED blew past my expectations. A1 Pictures were gonna have to surpass their previous work to do solo leveling justice and they seem to be doing just that.
Jan 13, 11:40 AM
Oct 2023
HYPED YET AGAIN!!!
Jan 13, 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
Okay that ending has made me interested. Let's keep watching. I am really starting to get into this one.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 13, 11:46 AM
Jul 2021
Haven’t no reference of the source material or reading any of the descriptions, this has been an interesting watch for sure. Curious to see where ep 3 takes us.
Jan 13, 11:47 AM
May 2023
Reply to Yuyuichi
To avoid confusion about character names:
There are two versions of the Japanese dub.
If you watch on Crunchyroll or Netflix, you will hear the Korean spoken names, which were the original names for these characters.
However, if you watch the Live broadcast or on Amazon Prime Video, you will hear the Japanese spoken names, for those who read the Japanese version of the manhwa.
As a result, Japanese voice actors have to perform two takes, one for the Japanese names and another for the Korean names.
A-1 Pictures is doing justice to this series in order to appeal to different types of audiences.

The opening is so great! Hiroyuki Sawano himself, along with TOMORROW X TOGETHER, adds to the hype! The animation, cherry on top.
The ending theme by Krage, is incredibly beautiful and the visuals are stunning.
Taito Ban, the voice actor for the main character, is doing an amazing job!

During a D-Rank dungeon raid, E-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and his raid party stumble upon a double dungeon. They decide to investigate, but realize too late that it's a trap. They find themselves locked inside with no escape and surrounded by statues that kill them for the slightest mistake.
The episode effectively captures the despair and raw human emotions of the cast. It feels incredibly hopeless, as everyone is desperately trying to escape. Jin-Woo is definitely the mvp of the group, carrying everyone through all of those puzzles.

I found myself completely engrossed in this episode. The overall atmosphere, animation, and soundtrack all flawlessly culminate towards the end. The gore and brutality is remarkably well done.
This episode feels like reading the manhwa for the first time. I still remember how intense this arc was.

It's too early to make this statement, but considering what's shown and the pacing of the episodes, it's possible that A-1 Pictures is adapting Chugong's novel. This implies that the story will be better paced, and the characters and world-building will be more immersive. If A-1 Pictures can consistently produce episodes like this, then we are in for a treat.

By the way, there is an official Korean dub for this anime available on aniplus. The voice acting is on par with the Japanese voice actors. I can't wait for the Korean dub of episode 2 tomorrow.

Jin-Woo has completed a quest? This is where the show truly begins.
The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is definitely back!

That smile... That goddamn smile...
@Yuyu1ch1 nothing new though, they did the same for Kingdom. Crunchyroll is Chinese names and JP Tv and prime is japananes
Jan 13, 11:48 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to _Raghul
_Raghul said:

Rewatch that scene and you'll see.
He looks left and that statue stops moving. Next he looks right and that statue stops moving.
The mechanics became clear to him after that.
Jan 13, 11:51 AM
Apr 2021
Now the game begins!
Jan 13, 11:55 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to Confused_100
pbbuiter said:
ef-jey said:
@pbbuiter best chapters of solo leveling? debatable I'd say. My opinion As also a manhwa reader, there are some other story points that equal / higher than this. don't want to spoil tho. But, yeah maybe one of the best part.

@ef-jey I just don't really like self insert stories and at its core that is entirely what Solo Leveling is imo. Don't hate it or anything, but it's not nearly as well written as these first 2 episodes to me.

Self insert? How? If you are saying the writer was MC, then at that point alot of writers do that…
@Confused_100

Confused_100 said:

The entirety of Solo Leveling (from episode 2 onwards) just feels like an edit about "how cool protagonist-kun is". it's a self insert because the author makes absolutely no effort to give Jin Woo strong character traits. He's always calculated, stoic and of course as cool as possible. The readers are tempted to experience the story through his eyes, which is why he makes very little mistakes if any at all. I don't like stories with that kind of narrative.
Jan 13, 12:00 PM

Jul 2022
I wasn´t at all impressed with the first episode but this was just excellent!
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Jan 13, 12:01 PM
Sep 2023
Major improvement from the first episode, should've been a 1 hour special from the get-go
Jan 13, 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Yuyuichi
To avoid confusion about character names:
There are two versions of the Japanese dub.
If you watch on Crunchyroll or Netflix, you will hear the Korean spoken names, which were the original names for these characters.
However, if you watch the Live broadcast or on Amazon Prime Video, you will hear the Japanese spoken names, for those who read the Japanese version of the manhwa.
As a result, Japanese voice actors have to perform two takes, one for the Japanese names and another for the Korean names.
A-1 Pictures is doing justice to this series in order to appeal to different types of audiences.

The opening is so great! Hiroyuki Sawano himself, along with TOMORROW X TOGETHER, adds to the hype! The animation, cherry on top.
The ending theme by Krage, is incredibly beautiful and the visuals are stunning.
Taito Ban, the voice actor for the main character, is doing an amazing job!

During a D-Rank dungeon raid, E-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and his raid party stumble upon a double dungeon. They decide to investigate, but realize too late that it's a trap. They find themselves locked inside with no escape and surrounded by statues that kill them for the slightest mistake.
The episode effectively captures the despair and raw human emotions of the cast. It feels incredibly hopeless, as everyone is desperately trying to escape. Jin-Woo is definitely the mvp of the group, carrying everyone through all of those puzzles.

I found myself completely engrossed in this episode. The overall atmosphere, animation, and soundtrack all flawlessly culminate towards the end. The gore and brutality is remarkably well done.
This episode feels like reading the manhwa for the first time. I still remember how intense this arc was.

It's too early to make this statement, but considering what's shown and the pacing of the episodes, it's possible that A-1 Pictures is adapting Chugong's novel. This implies that the story will be better paced, and the characters and world-building will be more immersive. If A-1 Pictures can consistently produce episodes like this, then we are in for a treat.

By the way, there is an official Korean dub for this anime available on aniplus. The voice acting is on par with the Japanese voice actors. I can't wait for the Korean dub of episode 2 tomorrow.

Jin-Woo has completed a quest? This is where the show truly begins.
The weekly hype for Solo Leveling is definitely back!

That smile... That goddamn smile...
@Yuyu1ch1 Thanks for the extra context. I didn't know that. That was pretty fucking funny to know. I hope they are getting paid extra for it.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 13, 12:13 PM
Apr 2022
This episode put a lot of pressure on me, it's incredible
Jan 13, 12:14 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was truly a masterpiece!
A-1 went hard, you can tell the studio really cares for the series.
And we finally got an OP. By the looks of it they plan to adapt up till the Igris fight.
They showed a golem fight in the OP, when it really was only a single hit from afar and it died. XD
I can't wait for next episode when the leveling up really starts!
Jan 13, 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
This is some nice pacing.
Jan 13, 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
I really like the opening and the ending, This is getting more and more intense and the gore is a nice touch.
Is the next episode gonna be the one which everyone is hyping.
Overall this is enjoyable so far, but an hour special might have worked better in this scenario.
Jan 13, 12:17 PM
Apr 2020
A1 has done a brilliant job don't think this could've gotten a better adaptation than this
Jan 13, 12:24 PM
Jul 2020
felt like it lasted for 2 minutes
Jan 13, 12:26 PM

May 2010
Plot armor, mc center of the universe, forced story... already
-More than a little odd that the 'weakest' was the only one able to dodge attacks.
-Also whats with the giant gap of time between doing what the tablet said after it was proven the first one worked.
-Everyone asking the 'weakest' guy 'oh no what do we do now' then the mc saying the obvious 'we must do number 2 now.. duh'.
-Girl stood and walked fine to the altar. but it's now time to run 'oh no suddenly my legs fail because of mana expenditure'... sigh kinda forcing the story there aint it...

Stunning visuals, the statue especially, wow, right down to the nose-bridge wrinkles when it was smiling/grinning.
Jan 13, 12:30 PM
Oct 2023
Great animation, and very loyal to the Manhwa so far.
Jan 13, 12:38 PM
Jan 2024
perfection wish it was longer and contained more
Jan 13, 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
Two weeks in and I still know more from the synopsis than from the actual episodes, great. The silver lining is that this means I want more. Hope they can bring a fraction of the OP's animation and style quality to the core. The EP was fun too, it reminded me of the backrooms. Also, I hate cliffhangers but the source material can make it impossible to not use them. Definitely a series worth a 1h first episode.
Jan 13, 12:54 PM
Jul 2020
Loved it! Very well done.
Jan 13, 12:57 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to pbbuiter
Absolutely horrific in all the right ways. Unfortunately as a manwha reader this is also the best string of chapters in the entirety of Solo Leveling, so it doesn't really get better than this.
@pbbuiter As a manhwa reader that just read it again (up to chapter 100+) oh , it really does get way better.

Jan 13, 12:57 PM

Jun 2017
There are a lot of examples in the world of the anime industry where the first episodes are double-length so they can have a bigger impact on the viewer or that's how they make sense. When it comes to the "long-awaited" Solo Leveling anime, this is certainly not the case, we had to wait for another week to witness the biggest twist of the prologue arc. It's also important to mention that the show doesn't look nearly as good as the source material so I can't see why would anyone watch this abomination instead of reading its manhwa which is still bad but the art of that Korean webtoon series is gorgeous.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 13, 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
The music during the "praise god" part was nothing short of amazing.
Adding each Instrument into the track as they are activated and topping it off with the singing at the end...
Brilliant!

A bit disappointed that they didn't go for another epic banger track for the offering part but it is what it is.
Jan 13, 1:10 PM
Apr 2022
I'm speechless after Ep. 2. I was expecting it to be great but this is just amazing. The cinematography, the music, the emotions it invokes, and above all, the animation quality put this as likely one of if not the best show I've seen. I'm so excited for the next episode and the rest of the season, even though I've already read the manhwa. Love it!
Jan 13, 1:14 PM

May 2021
Wow, that was awesome. I was nervous, scared and angry - a rush of emotions overall. I can't wait to see the next one.
The music is amazing too - it suits the series well.
Other than the main character, I have a big sympathy for Joo-Hee. Not only was she so helpful, she was also one of the two people that did not want to abandon him.
Jan 13, 1:15 PM
Oct 2019
10 out of 10 .........
Jan 13, 1:20 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to DmonHiro
This.... was trash. Nothing really happened AGAIN. The only people who are hyping this trash up are people who've already read the thing. The artwork was the only thing it had going for it anyway. At least they're gonna rush the shit out of the first 50 chapters. Doubt this will get a 2nd season.
@DmonHiro If Tower of Turd gets a second season, I'm sure this will get another one too.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 13, 1:24 PM

Feb 2021
im so glad theyre not rushing the plot and only doing about 5 chapters per episode. If they keep this up itll be near perfection.
Jan 13, 1:25 PM
Apr 2023
so would everyone have gotten upgraded if they had stayed and "proved their faith"
Jan 13, 1:25 PM
Oct 2019
This anime is top tier. Can't wait for the next one
Jan 13, 1:30 PM

Oct 2018
Please, is this a joke, right? They're just horsing around and the real anime will start next week right?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 13, 1:34 PM

Jul 2021
My issue is with the fundamental elements of the source. High levels of exasperation at the ineptitude of these morons. I believe that their shortcomings when facing an s-tier foe would have gotten them killed when going aganist what they usually do long ago. The disregard for guidelines, insubordinance, lack of reasoning, problem solving and organization and overall cowardice.

I cannot force myself to accept that this is how a security/combat business would operate and overlook it. It must not have been so hard to put some more thought into these details, and frame that encounter in a way that makes it seem like despite doing everything correctly, they were too weak to handle it. But maybe then the mc would not have had a reason to hate them, so keep a just a tiny little bit of cowardice and incompetence.

In so many words, well, that was dumb. And not very dramatic or tense. As in Sung obviously was going to survive. 6/10. Begining to think that the manwha is popular mostly due to art, and not substance.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling's Hype

Arminken - Today

29 by Bolona07 »»
7 seconds ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

358 by buzzkillem »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.