Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 9:56 AM
Jan 2024
The anime's faithfulness to the webtoon almost brings a tear to my eye. THIS IS CINEMA!
Jan 6, 9:57 AM
Dec 2021
Omgggg I'm so happy!! We waited for it to come for more than 2 years and now here we have it in the best shape it could be to be animated!!! I really can't wait for the next episode 😩 but thx God it was one of my dreams to watch Solo leveling as an anime. YESSSS!!!
Jan 6, 9:57 AM

Apr 2021
Jan 6, 9:58 AM
Jan 2024
it was very nice but the main story was begin after 5 min side story
Jan 6, 9:59 AM
Jan 2023
Loved the anime Adaption, Looking forward to see More Exciting and Suspenseful Episodes
Jan 6, 10:02 AM

Jul 2011
I was waiting for the statue meme and it never happened. Guess it'll happen on the next episode :/
Jan 6, 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
I like how they kept to the source material.

Whilst the manhwa is a thing on its own, this has really nice animation so far.

I liked the VA, sound effects and pacing overall.
LimiJan 6, 10:08 AM
Jan 6, 10:04 AM
Apr 2021
Overrated. I knew from the trailers that it wouldn't be as good as the manhwa, but I didn't expect the first episode to be this bad.
Jan 6, 10:05 AM
Mar 2016
I think what made interesting this first episode was the beginning with the Jeju island raid 3 years ago, seeing "that" S-rank hunter

Apr 2015
Whoa , As an anime only who knows nothing about Solo leveling, This was a fantastic first episode.
Nice introduction to the world and the despair is already hitting. This is hype stuff, Next week's episode gonna be big!
Depending on how much I enjoy this, I might read the Manhwa aswell. Let's see.
Jan 2024
Great episoide and pretty much cover of the manwah
Jan 6, 10:06 AM
Oct 2023
Even though it's just 6th January, I can tell it's gonna be anime of the year 2024
Jan 6, 10:07 AM
Dec 2020
Coming into this blind I found about the only thing this episode had going for it was the animation quality. I guess as a popular property it can afford to draw things out, but from what we got I found the story seemed very generic and was poorly paced. A lot of clunky exposition, like the head of the hunters guild explaining to his assistant how magic items work, and jumping around between the action and random world building scenes.

The MC seems like a real asshole, being mostly a burden on the party is fine, except when you cast the deciding vote that forces half the party in opposition into taking a reckless action because you are greedy, and get some if not all of them killed.
Jan 6, 10:08 AM
Apr 2023
First time watching with no spoilers and holy crap, I can tell this is gonna be a good series
Jan 6, 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
2nd episode gon be crazy fr
Jan 6, 10:09 AM
Feb 2020
amazing episode masterpiece really hype for ep 2 hate in cha is sexy GYATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Jan 6, 10:11 AM
Apr 2023
It was frickin litttt, Go Gunhee sounds a little older than he's meant to be and Jung woo's voice differs at different scenes as if it was spoken by someone else, but overall animation was its definitely meeting a good anime's criteria!!! I just wish there'd be little more sharper images/panels.
Jan 6, 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Bukr3j
Overrated. I knew from the trailers that it wouldn't be as good as the manhwa, but I didn't expect the first episode to be this bad.
@Bukr3j your trying so hard to be different right now
Jan 6, 10:12 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to DreadfulControl
@GeekNewz Yeah, dropped it after a several chapters, most boring thing I've ever read.
@DreadfulControl Well, as I've read the entire novel and the manwha, I think it's a well written story, and I like it. It does have some faults, but I wouldn't call it boring or the description you gave it earlier. (Though I don't like A-1 either)
Jan 6, 10:16 AM
Jul 2022
Great start but wasn't what i thought being held to a high expectation by others
Jan 6, 10:17 AM

Aug 2017
Been a bit since I've read the manwha and dropping it, but if it keeps this level of animation I'm all in for it, I won't expect much of the story but it can still provide to be a good weekly popcorn show. Think double episode would've worked here but at least it looked good so far so I'm not complaining that much.
Jan 6, 10:17 AM
Dec 2021
Looks good so far! It's also interesting to hear their korean names be pronounced so well, especially the guy with yeol in his name, the va did a good job of saying it. Choi was pronounced good too I think! It's funny hearing the maing character be called Sung-kun tho XDD I hope at least that they spread the plot out into more than 12 episodes, otherwise this might come out rushed
Jan 6, 10:18 AM
Jan 2021
that episode was amazing, more content than the original materia, that helps to make a better world building and an beatiful animation
Sep 2018
It was good. I liked it.

Jun 2017
Reply to GeekNewz
@DreadfulControl Well, as I've read the entire novel and the manwha, I think it's a well written story, and I like it. It does have some faults, but I wouldn't call it boring or the description you gave it earlier. (Though I don't like A-1 either)
@GeekNewz We have different opinions on things, which is completely okay but to me the original webtoon was definitely not a good read. I don't really remember many things about it since I read more than 2 years ago and found it lazy and boring.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 6, 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
Was never a fan of Solo Leveling to be honest but A-1 did a solid job with the premiere in adapting it. Didn't find it that exciting but it looked solid visually. Was weird hearing Japanese names with Korean names used for subtitles but Tower of God did do that for Bam only in the past so it's not a complete surprise.
Jan 6, 10:19 AM
Apr 2023
First time watching with no spoilers and holy crap, I can tell this is gonna be a good series
Jan 6, 10:20 AM

Feb 2022
ow yeah, Super Duper Gigantic Mega Overpowers Sung-Jin Woo, this MC got a lot of privileges from the Author hahahaha, 1 of the few MC who is a God, that could destroy the world, yeah 1 man army.
Jan 6, 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
And it's finally here.
And just like it was speculated, this anime was co-produced by Crunchyroll.
Jan 6, 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
Pretty meh. I tried to pay attention but kept getting bored and distracted. The animation is lovely but overall first episode was pretty boring.
Jan 6, 10:31 AM
Jul 2020
Ive been waiting 3 years for this anime, and its everything i ever wanted. The extra scenes and exposition is very nice. Common Go Gun-Hee W as per usual.
Jan 6, 10:32 AM
Jan 2020
Comment from someone who didn't know anything before watching…
The content is easy to understand. It doesn't be too complicated. The explanation came out clearly but it's fun to watch. The action scenes are pretty good. When the episode ends, it leaves an important scene that makes you want to watch more. But the important thing is what will be presented in the next episode to let this series go more banger.
Jan 6, 10:35 AM
Feb 2023
Overrated like Tower of God

From rating 8 down to 7 perhap
Jan 6, 10:38 AM
Feb 2023
Wow this started out better than I expected. Artstyle is great, animation looks good so far. World building in first episode, it doesn’t drag. I will put this under my radar.
Jan 6, 10:40 AM
May 2020
I don't have so many comment for first episode all okey graphics okey story line same as in the comic but why they change all character's name that sound like to cringe and it's feel unconfortable to hear it for the comic reader as me... and one more if they use japanese name then the nation is japan or korea cuz as we know in arc ant monster have korean hunter (mc) and japanese hunter soo how they solve this problem ???
Jan 6, 10:42 AM
May 2020
yanchen03 said:
can anyone tell me when is the global release with the korean names?

not sure it's will out or not buat i think you not to comfort with the names right 😂😂 also me.
Jan 6, 10:43 AM
Aug 2021
this episode wasn't that good
Jan 6, 10:44 AM
Aug 2018
yep that escalate very quick... 💀 anyway i enjoy that...
Jan 6, 10:45 AM
Apr 2023
i mean damnnnnnnn
i ve been waiting for this
Jan 6, 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
Whooo ! that was a good episode. A1 never disappoints
Jan 6, 10:49 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Rosenfla
Overrated like Tower of God

From rating 8 down to 7 perhap
@Rosenfla Its really not overrated the adaption is just not really good, mainly because of a questionable directing job by A1. We'll see how it goes, animation, style and pacing seem good, sound & music as well as direction do not tho.
Jan 6, 10:50 AM
Oct 2019
THEY SHOW GORE. BADASS!
Jan 6, 10:51 AM

Aug 2012
Reply to ESG_ACE
yanchen03 said:
can anyone tell me when is the global release with the korean names?

not sure it's will out or not buat i think you not to comfort with the names right 😂😂 also me.
@ESG_ACE I watched it with Korean names. Can't tell you where though since it's a pirating site. They did good pronouncing the Korean names while speaking in Japanese though.
Jan 6, 10:52 AM

Jun 2023
Yo finally, the most awaited anime of the season, I guess, started!

My first impression is really good, I'm here for Character Development and an epic story

ForphyJan 6, 1:36 PM
Oct 2022
dope asf hype asf sick asf
Jan 2024
did not disappoint, a little slow but thats what you get for the first episode, cant wait til the next
Jan 6, 10:53 AM
Mar 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Watching Solo Leveling as an anime was always a dream, however funny it may sound. This being made by one of the well known studios is one more box tick, so there’s really much to hope about going into the adaptation. Though they changed the names from korean to japanese, which sounds quite cringe. Will be using korean names, as it’s the only “proper” way.

Been a long time since I last read this, and heck if it’s the first chapter, then it’s all more long, so I’m not sure if that’s how it started, but here we started with a flashback to a raid on
. If it’s really anime original then damn, that’s some way to set things up. Anyways, not too long and we were briefed with the workings of this series.

Hunters, their ranks, gates, and how monsters come out of those gates. And then came our protag, Sung Jin-Woo, looking all thin and bleak, taking insults about how much of a weakling he is to any team he’s in behind his back, but hey like any other korean work, there’s a girl who’s kind to him lol. Still back to the story, and just like any other day, there opened a gate and the hunters like ever went in to hunt the monster and take the loot.

Though hey, they did a mistake, without knowing the danger this dungeon could’ve posed they went in realllllly in… to the boss room, no less. And then came the tragedy… which was the trigger to start it all. Shit has already hit the fan.

Loved the first episode. A-1 did justice. Opening without the visuals sounded good, I mean it was expected but still.

Though hey, I’m pretty sure Cha Hae-In didn’t make an appearance this early lol. Just hope the studio doesn’t do any weird changes going forward.

Am I wrong that they did use Korean names?cuz I watched it and I’m pretty sure their names were still in Korean. But yea I’m pretty sure Cha Hae in doesn’t appear this early too xD like I’m pretty sure her, in that outfit, doesn’t show up until like ch70 of the manhwa
John122905Jan 6, 11:02 AM
Jan 6, 10:57 AM
Oct 2021
Litt Manga and Hoefully the anime will live up to it
Jan 6, 10:58 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I knew I read this manhwa already but I have to say the beginning is always generic plot no matter how many times I seen it.

Jinwoo: I don't want to get a job. I am living the baller life leeching off of scrap monster from other parties that they failed to kill. I'm an opportunistic and money is important. 6 to 6 go or no go in mystery hole in D-rank dungeon I barely survived, of course I will choose to go put other members at risk. :)
Also Jinwoo: Oh shit, people are dying. How could this be in a million chance? I signed up to be hunter knowing to not grow arrogant or careless since it's a life risking.
Jinwoo's last line: I'm going be killed... (P.S. Jap dub also refer to "self/we" getting killed. Sub provided different interpretation).

Ore dake Level Up na Ken, a story of a E-rank hunter with 100% Luck surviving every dungeon so far. The future episodes will be better. Gotta trust webtoon readers. I think this series will end at when the webtoon first went on hiatus base on the HxH Chimera Arc from the 4min intro.
Jan 6, 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
Im just little confused, bcs there are some diferences, but its amazing. I vvont more :DDD
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling's Hype

Arminken - 4 hours ago

9 by Mainnus »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

357 by Skippu__ »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.